CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Not that it would be localized:

61oWxsLbExL._SS400_.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VEWygML1tU

Last edited by a moderator:
IGN

Step aside, Mario, Yoshi and Donkey Kong. It's time for the lesser known Nintendo characters to get the spotlight. Their chance will come in Captain Rainbow, an original Wii title from Nintendo. This week's Famitsu has a first report.

Captain Rainbow tells the story of a hero of the same name and his every day alter-ego Nick. Rainbow is the star of a television show in the land of the free, Mameruka (this could be a pun on "America"). Thanks to the appearance of some unpopular characters, the ratings for his show have tanked. In order to gain back the show's popularity, Nick decides to head off to Mimin Island. Something happens along the way, however, and Nick learns that he is the only person who can help out the residents of Mimin.

And those residents happen to be the second tier characters from the Nintendo family. Actually, maybe third tier is a more accurate description. The characters you encounter here may be recognizable by only the most hardcore of Nintendo fans. Would you recognize Ossan, the character from the original Famicom Golf? How about Hikari, from Famicom Mukashibanashi (this latter title was only available in Japan)? More people, at least in America, should be familiar with Catharine, the Super Mario Bros. 2 boss who spits out eggs at you.

It's a bit unclear what you'll be doing as you take control of Nick and Captain Rainbow and meet all these characters. While the game offers a variety of activities like fishing, bug collecting, and golf, the actual point of the title is being kept under wraps. There seems to be a side scrolling action component to the game, but it's possible that this is just one aspect of the game.

More details should be available shortly, as Famitsu reports that Nintendo will be releasing weekly video updates for the title on the Wii's Nintendo Channel.

I can't shake the feeling that this game will be stupidly awesome.

Yeah. I really don't know what to think about this one. It's like Viewtiful Joe with the silliness cranked up even more.

I think someone said Skip is making this, which would be the Chibi Robo group. Hmmmm.

I think more gameplay needs to surface. I want to see if you start chokin' bitches and stuff.

[quote name='trq']I love that he gets, like, a foot and a half taller when he turns into Captain Rainbow.[/QUOTE]

Lmfao.

Edit: I gotta remember that DMK has an import system, so if this turns out any good I'll have to go bug him with it.

Also, Captain Rainbow kind of resembles Action Bastard from Shinchan.

ALSO, that EXStrike's quote is talking about second/third tier Ninty characters, eh? I guess that means we'll be seeing a lot EARTHBOUND CHARACTERS, YOU STUPID JERKS, I HATE YOU ALL, SO MAD I CAN'T EVEN THINK TO PUT PROPER ENDING PUNCTUATION TO THIS SENTENCE

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe a character named Captain Rainbow has different connotations in Japan. Maybe Birdo being in there is just a coincidence. But after Tingle's already had his own starring role, I'm thinking Nintendo knows what's up.

Aside from the Tingle-esque flamboyant humor, Captain Rainbow himself is an obvious parody/homage to Japan's super sentai heroes -- Power Rangers, Battle of the Planets, etc.

Tone down the flamboyancy a bit and you could export this to the US without too much trouble. The comedy of a washed-up TV show host who has to help out an island of video-game losers is not that hard to sell.

--R.J.

No this game is getting localized, in fact this is probably the big announcement they were saving for E3. How do I know? Well I don't but right now I am sure they will do that to just piss me the fuck off more.

Not that I don't like the game (looks like I must play it to make people stare at me game, lol), but captain rainbow is not the big announcement I was hoping for.

Damn, walks just like Chibi Robo, it's not even obvious. You have to know that even if the game's not localized, he's going to be a character in the next Smash Bros game.

[quote name='CouRageouS']And Boos are called Teresas. Someone care to explain that?[/quote]

That's what they are in the Japanese games. Shouldn't it be implied that names are changed during localization and not need explained?

This is the best thing I have ever seen.

The best thing I had ever seen used to be the birth of my child, but now it's this. He's five or something now anyway, so he probably won't mind. Same goes for the other one, whatever it's name is.

[quote name='FallMoon']Birdo is male. lol.[/QUOTE]
I got pants full of bone that says she's female. Like which way she buttons her blouse matters, tho, amirite?

Nintendo should have headlined this at their E3 conference. The press reaction would have been worth it, and it would have been much better than what they actually presented.

So I've seen the translations at YouTube. This game is gonna be pretty good. I'm glad to see the Chibi Robo guys kept busy.

So, is Captain Rainbow some Ouendan/EBA-type guy who helps third-tier Nintendo characters with their problems? Awesome, I can't wait to see him help Mr. Resetti conquer his alcoholism.

Sad part is I wasn't being the least bit sarcastic.

Captain Rainbow's a washed up superhero who went to the island to become popular again.

He just ends up helping out everyone.

At least, that's my understanding of it.

this is nintendos new idea for a good game HA wow first gay and second the graphics aren't that great at all. lol it looks so boring too

[quote name='pacemakerguy']this is nintendos new idea for a good game HA wow first gay and second the graphics aren't that great at all. lol it looks so boring too[/QUOTE]
the graphics are awesome, the game is incredibly exciting, and you're so very gay. you're just skeptical because you're closeted and the capt beckons your inner gayness. HA it's more like pacemakergay. gayguy.

there's no doubt in my mind that capt rainbow and wii music will be competing for GOTY very soon.

bread's done
Back