Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence used at Gamestop.com for 24.99

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:47 AM

Yeah, that's actually the biggest thing holding PSN back nowadays.

How is the inability to play dead games online the biggest thing holding the PSN back? The smaller user base and lack of headsets are both bigger issues.

Then explain to me why one of the best selling PC games of last year, World in Conflict, is basically dead online now.

PC games that have huge fanbases like counter strike, battlefield, CoD will have long term support because of players/clans who run their own servers. But as far as variety of older moderately popular games, LIVE is leaps & bounds ahead of all online platforms.

A dead game is a dead game. I have a bunch of "old" 360 games that I could leave online all day and never find a game. Dead is dead.

#32 darkslime

darkslime

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:58 AM

Holy shit. I was vacationing in Rehobeth Beach, Delaware and saw a sealed one with the second disc for $15. Passed because I didn't realize its worth anything.
If anyone wants to go pick it up its probably still there, at record and tape traders on the board walk.

#33 TURBO

TURBO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:14 AM

How is the inability to play dead games online the biggest thing holding the PSN back? The smaller user base and lack of headsets are both bigger issues.

A dead game is a dead game. I have a bunch of "old" 360 games that I could leave online all day and never find a game. Dead is dead.

Youre missing the point. Take Burnout 2 for instance. IMO an even more fun game than Burnout Paradise.

A game over 5 years old & I can still pop it in and find games easily. I can do that because it's online is indefinite. Who's to say if Burnout Paradise will have online in 5 years, I'd be willing to bet it wont on PSN.

#34 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:37 AM

Besides MG1 and MG2 is there anything else included in the original Subsistence release that can't be found in the Essentials Collection?

As previously mentioned, the demo theater (outtakes). Also, there are extra Snake vs. Monkey missions.

It says online that it COMES WITH 2 DISCS. So if I don't get both discs, I will give them hell:)

Actually, I don't see where it does say that on their website. Also, they do state that you may not get the original case/manual, and that includes "extras", being soundtracks, bonus discs, etc.

You can always return the game within 7 days to the local GS for your money back, but they're not going to magically pull out a second disc to send to you.

#35 InFlames215

InFlames215

DEATH TO FALSE METAL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:40 AM

As previously mentioned, the demo theater (outtakes). Also, there are extra Snake vs. Monkey missions.

Actually, I don't see where it does say that on their website. Also, they do state that you may not get the original case/manual, and that includes "extras", being soundtracks, bonus discs, etc.

http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=42900

I don't just make things up, you know:) Look right below the "M" rating, after the text in red. It says "Game contains two discs".

Edited by InFlames215, 11 July 2008 - 03:44 AM.

#36 RudyPants

RudyPants

Zombie on my lawn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 04:21 AM

This has been the price for a while B&M. I snagged the last copy at my GS about a month ago.

#37 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:41 AM

not too much of a deal unless you can get this with some cheap credit! I found myself a copy of the LE for this price

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#38 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:22 PM

My kmart had this for $20 new last weekend...I passed even new because I just don't need the extras. If it had been $10, I would have bought it. I could get the one disk essentials version for $1.00 used If I really wanted...my local store had several of them there for that price. Apparently a ton of people traded this in, in my area anyways.

#39 InFlames215

InFlames215

DEATH TO FALSE METAL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:37 PM

not too much of a deal unless you can get this with some cheap credit! I found myself a copy of the LE for this price

Um.. this is the limited edition?

My kmart had this for $20 new last weekend...I passed even new because I just don't need the extras. If it had been $10, I would have bought it. I could get the one disk essentials version for $1.00 used If I really wanted...my local store had several of them there for that price. Apparently a ton of people traded this in, in my area anyways.

WOW. If you could get it new for $20, you should buy a couple a and flip it on ebay. A new sealed copy of subsistence will earn you uber cash.

#40 Kendal

Kendal

My sleep number is 69

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:51 PM

Um.. this is the limited edition?

No. It isn't.

But now I'm ready for D/P, excited and terrified. It's going to eat so many hours of my life.

I am a pussy :-(

Brawl FC: 3480 - 2198 - 7321 Name: KEN

#41 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:55 PM

http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=42900

I don't just make things up, you know:) Look right below the "M" rating, after the text in red. It says "Game contains two discs".

Thanks for pointing it out. I couldn't see it for the life of me. In any case, I hope that you do get both discs. You'll have to keep everyone updated. I'm just not too impressed with the whole of Gamestop. I loved my local store, but moved recently. The now local Gamestop looks like a rummage sale. I've never had good luck purchasing used games online.

#42 V878

V878

Let's hug it out

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:24 AM

There's an expanded demo theater mode that has some "trailers" of MGS4 and the Metal Gear Raiden parody videos. They're fun, but you'll probably only watch them once. MG1 and MG2 are the real treasures on the second disc.

Thanks for the answer. Looks like the MGS3 in the Essentials Collection is enough for me.

#43 Chaoslord579

Chaoslord579

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 03:45 AM

I went ahead and got me one at Gamestop website, hopefully it arrives ok, thanks for the coupon deals I should check this site more and post, its a good place to help a poor gamer like me

#44 nyprimus4

nyprimus4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 03:52 AM

I'm going to call up my local Gamestops tomorrow that show the game in stock and ask if their copy is the limited edition.

#45 InFlames215

InFlames215

DEATH TO FALSE METAL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:08 PM

An update for you guys: I received both discs, and they were mint! However, no booklet or original case, as I feared.

I found a website that sells the case and booklet together for 3.99, although they charge quite a bit for shipping. But if a order a bunch of stuff from them... shipping won't be so bad.

#46 blk00civicsi

blk00civicsi

Pillsbury Island

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 07:52 PM

An update for you guys: I received both discs, and they were mint! However, no booklet or original case, as I feared.

I found a website that sells the case and booklet together for 3.99, although they charge quite a bit for shipping. But if a order a bunch of stuff from them... shipping won't be so bad.

Name of the site?? Do they have even older titles too? How about next-gen titles as well?
"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everybody thinks everyone else's stinks"

#47 InFlames215

InFlames215

DEATH TO FALSE METAL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:09 PM

Name of the site?? Do they have even older titles too? How about next-gen titles as well?

It is mostly last-gen and this gen. Here is a link to the store.

http://shop.vendio.com/bregamesmmcm3/home.html

#48 pinoy530

pinoy530

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:26 AM

Theres alot from the seller bregamesmmcm3 on ebay too. They have a bunch of manuals, cases, and inserts for sale for the current generation and the last generation. I didn't see much for the psx/SS/N64 generation though.

#49 Optical

Optical

Go Big Red

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2008 - 03:44 PM

Anyone know of any sites that sell PS1 manuals and inserts?

#50 themidnighter23

themidnighter23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2008 - 08:35 PM

went to my local gamesuck and it turned out to be the essentials collection version, no MG 1 & 2
where's my whiskey, Im bout to get tore up

#51 ninja dog

ninja dog

Shoto Guilt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2008 - 08:52 PM

Theres alot from the seller bregamesmmcm3 on ebay too. They have a bunch of manuals, cases, and inserts for sale for the current generation and the last generation. I didn't see much for the psx/SS/N64 generation though.

They also charge like $4 shipping on top of $4 for manuals/insert. total rip, but no one else is selling this stuff, I guess.

This forum requires that you wait 45 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.

#52 InFlames215

InFlames215

DEATH TO FALSE METAL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:00 PM

They also charge like $4 shipping on top of $4 for manuals/insert. total rip, but no one else is selling this stuff, I guess.

Yeah you are right. It gets a little more reasonable if you buy multiple things, though.

I paid $19 in Gamestop credit for Subsistence. $19 + $8 for a complete copy is not too bad.

#53 legendoffanboy

legendoffanboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2008 - 10:16 PM

ordered 2 to try to get complete, came in the other day.
Both were disk only, well almost,

1 of them only had disk 2, wtf
the other had defective stickers still on them
returned them w/o problem - a warning though, didnt matter for me since paid online w/ GC, but in store, they cant tell payment method used, so will only give back store credit.

#54 Brenex

Brenex

Cobra Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2008 - 10:18 PM

Saw either 1 or 2 subsistences in my GS in Williamsburg VA yesterday

#55 Darkserge2002

Darkserge2002

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2008 - 12:04 AM

My copy arrived, but I only got the Essentials version without the second disc. I called the number on the Gamestop website and although the guy said he couldn't do anything about it, he gave me a $10 coupon, which is not bad. I'll be returning this copy to an actual store, though.

#56 InFlames215

InFlames215

DEATH TO FALSE METAL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2008 - 03:15 AM

I received the booklet and case from the website I mentioned earlier. MINT condition. I was pretty happy with it.

#57 arromdee

arromdee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:50 PM

I bought one and it just came in today. It had the second disk, and I was lucky and got a case and manual too (though the case was worn and it was obviously used).