CAGcast #126: Back to E3 Preview

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-l=1]481[/img-l]This week's show features E3 predictions, a look ahead at what Cheapy and Shipwreck will be seeing next week in LA, the latest video game industry and shopping news, your CAGbag questions and much more!

Listen to details on how to win 1 of 4 $100 GameStop Gift Cards!

Review us on iTunes!
Join the CAGcast Facebook Group

[podcast]11[/podcast]
Download - 101 minutes, 41MB
[digg]http://digg.com/podcasts/CAGcast[/digg][/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

By popular request, bjwoodruff's CAGs On News Theme Song
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/podcast/cagsonews.mp3

Last edited by a moderator:
I would prefer to have less detail with the condition of Mrs. Wombat's va-j-j. I don't need to know that it's any percentage open. Maybe you could be more general in your comments.... Please?

Im free next week and can take wombats place. I look like him, Im a nerd and have a high voice.

You know what Cheapy? I WOULD subscribe but I don't use iTunes. There in lies the problem. Or do you need iTunes? Anyway I don't really want to make an account anyway.

CheapyD-

Loved the show this week! Can't wait to hear from you and Ship next week. It'll be fun!

Also, is it just me or does Microsoft really not like you guys anymore? It's CRAZY that Major Nelson didn't at LEAST give you guys a look at what Microsoft is doing, maybe MN will address it on this week's show, if there is even one.

BJ

Uhh guys Uncharted is rated T not M. I hate to be "that guy" though. Great show as always.

[quote name='Smallville123']Uhh guys Uncharted is rated T not M. I hate to be "that guy" though. Great show as always.[/quote]
Ah, ha! Get ready for the Uncharted Bundle!

[quote name='CheapyD']Ah, ha! Get ready for the Uncharted Bundle![/quote]

Hmm.. even with the T rating i think a Ratchet bundle makes more sense for a broader audience(though me personally i loved uncharted more than ratchet). Since they already have a metal gear bundle it be better to give you a more kid friendly option at a cheaper price ala wii(of coarse 400-500 dollars is no wii.)

Oh also guys the ps3 has a delete all function on all messages. Just highlight you in or outbox, hit triangle and delete all. Just so you know.

[quote name='Cursor']I would prefer to have less detail with the condition of Mrs. Wombat's va-j-j. I don't need to know that it's any percentage open. Maybe you could be more general in your comments.... Please?[/QUOTE]

Well, he made it sound worse than it is because he was wrong (unless he was getting his terms mixed up).

Wombat, dude! Effacement is the thinning of the cervix - NOT how much it is actually open! That is called dilation. How many cm is she dilated? That is the big question. Usually it starts a little (like to 3 or 4 cm) before labor starts. 10cm means the baby is about to come out ;). Anyway, I'm sure her doctor told her that and that is the more important measure.

[quote name='Clarke']You know what Cheapy? I WOULD subscribe but I don't use iTunes. There in lies the problem. Or do you need iTunes? Anyway I don't really want to make an account anyway.[/quote]

You dont need an account so subscribe to podcasts on itunes.

Cheapy, the game packed in bundle for the PS3 seems weird. Perhaps the 40gb PS3 packed in with the Dualshock 3 is more plausible.

[quote name='io']Well, he made it sound worse than it is because he was wrong (unless he was getting his terms mixed up).

Wombat, dude! Effacement is the thinning of the cervix - NOT how much it is actually open! That is called dilation. How many cm is she dilated? That is the big question. Usually it starts a little (like to 3 or 4 cm) before labor starts. 10cm means the baby is about to come out ;). Anyway, I'm sure her doctor told her that and that is the more important measure.[/QUOTE]

I thought it referred to actual movement of the cervix, not dilation of the aforementioned va-j-j. I was talking about bones, not woman parts, well i guess they are all parts of the woman. Its too early for this now I'm just rambling

[quote name='Wombat']I thought it referred to actual movement of the cervix, not dilation of the aforementioned va-j-j. I was talking about bones, not woman parts, well i guess they are all parts of the woman. Its too early for this now I'm just rambling[/QUOTE]

Dilation is the opening of the cervix. The va-j-j doesn't enter into it ;).

Yes, it is early (well, late for me). You aren't up this early because you're heading to the hospital are you?

OK, I did a quick web search. This is for you and something that all these young CAG's will need to know sooner or later. They might as well learn something here:

What is effacement?
Effacement is the process by which the cervix prepares for delivery. After the baby has engaged in the pelvis, it gradually drops closer to the cervix; the cervix gradually softens, shortens and becomes thinner. You may hear phrases like "ripens," or "cervical thinning" which refer to effacement.

Dilation: Opening of the cervix. Dilation is the process of the cervix opening in preparation for childbirth. Dilation is measured in centimeters or, less accurately, in “fingers” during an internal (manual) pelvic exam. “Fully dilated” means you're at 10 centimeters and are ready to give birth. In the same way that your health care provider may be checking for effacement in the last 2 months, your health care provider may also tell you how many centimeters your cervix has dilated.

Master chief
is not dead. There was a funeral because everyone thinks he is dead. Master Chief and Cortana are floating deep in space waiting to be stumbled upon and rescued.

Also, Cheapy

let John know that he needs to view his trophies from the Trophies list in the Games section of the XMB for them to appear on his PSN card.

It's kind of weird but the trophies need to be viewed to Sync with the PSN Card.

I thought WTF too when I did not see mine appear but viewing the list should clear it up.

c'mon Cheapy, like Wombat says, MAN UP! i'd think Wombat would be more stressed out over his baby's arrival. this isn't the good E3 anyways so stop worrying about it. maybe Shippy's calm voice will keep you relaxed during the show.

btw Wombat, you'll get your 360 back in less than a week. i got mine back in about a week. they'll simply send you back a refurb a day after they get it at the repair center. so don't trade in Bad Company cuz i wanna play with you on Live! ya hear? ;)

About the Guitar Hero: Aerosmith you can unlock videos of the band talking. There have always been unlockable videos in Guitar Hero.

And on the comment of PS3 being a cheap Blu Ray player well I would rather get a Blu Ray drive for my pc for under $200.

I hope you really didn't say "As soon as those Mexicans wake up" or at least you said that due to the time of the recording. When I watched the Captain Rainbow trailer I said to myself "I bet the chibi Robo guys made this" Sure enough, they did. Chibi Robo was good so I buy this when it hits rock bottom clearence like I did with Chibi.

Man, if Wombat died, that last qoute would sure be ironic.

Grrrrr...Since I started listening to the cagcast at work, I've been forced to listen at a non distracting noise level to not disturb anyone else. Well, this has also taught me that when Cheapy and Wombat start talking about something they don't know much about, their voices get extremely quiet and I can't hear a thing. On the flip side, when it's someething that they know like the palm of their hand, the scream in excitement to get their two cents in.

Just a general complaint that doesn't really mean anything.

Wombat what is up with you and the red rings? The thing you must realize is that unlike when cars, toys and tomatos are recalled most oftern it's because they might KILL PEOPLE, not because they inconvience the consumer for a few weeks. I think at this point we get it; you are pissed over your xboxes, can we talk about something else?

Also Wombat: Good luck to you and your wife on a safe and speedy delivery.

Cheapy, next time E3 or PAX or any other big event pops up in the gaming industry, and it's a bit too big for 1 or 2 guys to cover, get a couple of highly trusted CAGs in on it, give them a "reporting" assignment, and have a CAG team cover a gaming event together.

As you said, it's not like CAG is a major hub for gaming event information, but that's all more the reason to get a team of people together (that can be trusted and work for cheap) so you can relax a bit and enjoy the event, rather than trying to take Wombat's coveted title of "Hardest Working Man in the Video Game Industry".

CAG may just be an internet forum, but we're also a community. I imagine there will be a few CAGs available at most events that can toss in a decent reporting job or interview, and help the site grow.

Hell, if we're trying to set up a panel of CAG game reviewers, why not a panel of CAG interviewers? I'm sure that out of the thousands that visit this site daily, there are a few clean-cut people capable of handling an interview without teabagging the guest.

~HotShotX

Cheapy I just wanted to point out that you said "I have all tean cleath for E3" instead of "Clean teeth". Thought it was funny lol.

Wii is F-ing Awesome i'm tired of the shit talking people are doing these days i can't wait till E3 and Nintendo is going to show them who is still the Boss with all it's new games we don't know about yet! can't wait!!!

generally good show, but Cheapy, you did, and continue to miss Dennis's points. (silently shakes head). but whatever, i don't come here for thoughts on how businesses should operate, or social responsibility...i come here for video game deals, so whatev...

[quote name='JDUB X']Also, Cheapy

let John know that he needs to view his trophies from the Trophies list in the Games section of the XMB for them to appear on his PSN card.

It's kind of weird but the trophies need to be viewed to Sync with the PSN Card.

I thought WTF too when I did not see mine appear but viewing the list should clear it up.[/quote]

^this, and also, here's how you delete all your incoming messages:

find the "Message Box" icon (above your Friends' List), hit "X" to open to the 3 message boxes, scroll to the "Received" box, press "TRIANGLE", then select "Delete All". Done!

See, deleting all those messages on your PS3 is much easier than you realized!

I'm not sure why John the programmer would be whining about his trophies when a few people offered up fixes for his problem in the SSHD thread, so if he didn't listen, it's his own fault. There's no reason to hate the trophies if you don't take suggestions to fix his problem.

Is this 2006, Cheapy, with the Qore install whining? You have to install stuff on the PS3 now? When did that happen?

I'll back up Wombat's recommendation of Roscoe's Chicken n Waffles. Great southern fried chicken paired with amazing fucking waffles, ON ONE PLATE.

[quote name='AwRy108']^this, and also, here's how you delete all your incoming messages:

find the "Message Box" icon (above your Friends' List), hit "X" to open to the 3 message boxes, scroll to the "Received" box, press "TRIANGLE", then select "Delete All". Done!

See, deleting all those messages on your PS3 is much easier than you realized![/QUOTE]

you know i actually never knew that, thanks

First of all I'd like to say I've only recently started listening to the show, but I've almost listened to all the episodes. Love the show and what Cheapy/Wombat are doing for the gaming community.

Recently though I've noticed the energy level isn't what it used to be. In fact even though Cheapy was probably just trying to be funny, I noticed he and Wombat seemed really disappointed in the Diggs/iTunes reviews they've gotten or the lack there of.

I for one have dugg up the Cagcast on Digg. I referred a friend to the show. And today I started to review them on iTunes until I realized Apple wants a credit card just for the privelage of having an account. Yes I know they won't charge it unless you buy something. But I refuse to give them that kind of information if I have no plans of buying anything from the store.

Anyways the point of this post is to go out of my way to tell Cheapy/Wombat how much I love the show and hope that they know there are fans making an effort to help out.

Lastly, I hope to help cheapy understand why there aren't more people writing reviews on iTunes. I doubt it's just me that for one never had a desire to have an account on iTunes even though I own an iPod. And I also imagine most people that have no plans of buying from the iTunes store would want to provide a credit card to Apple, afterall we are cheapassgamers right? :lol:

Master Chief
never died. The only reason they had the funeral is they didn't see him come back. At the end he just went into his pod to sleep and told Cortana to wake him up when she needs him.

concerning what raistlin said about listening to all the episodes in a short period of time, i did the same thing. This was definitely the most enjoyable podcast experience i've ever had. CAGcast was and still is great.

I don't mind wombat's comments on the 360. It really is pathetic that Microsoft can not fix this problem. i love my 360 and will be really disappointed when it dies.

Wombat, i wish you good luck with the birth. You seem like the kind of guy that will be a good father. You have a good sense of humor and a firm moral grounding.

Cheapy, have you thought about doing some live blogging with your Mac Book on your blog, instead of worrying about doing a podcast, since you think you'll have no time?

Wombat you should complain at the Microsoft event about your 360 problems.

Also, is the general consensus that none of the chipsets have helped the red ring? I bought mine last August, right when the HDMI ones came out, and it works still.

What is the song at the start of the episode? Game, movie or tv show? It sounds so familiar but I just can't pin it...

It be back to the future 2 snes. Just click on the show spoiler and cheapy always puts down the song he used. Plus i said "great scott!" for a reason :lol:

bread's done
Back