Registering GameCube games at My.Nintendo.com

'Cube Daddy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Over the past year I've been buying up new, sealed GameCube games whenever I can (as cheap as I can!). I've got 14 first party titles registered in my profile at my.Nintendo.com and I'm wondering now if that was even a good idea... Don't take me too seriously, but...

1) Should I have held out until some contest happens and then registered however many games were required?
2) Will my.Nintendo.com even bother to have any more freebies like Club Nintendo has overseas? The Zelda CE giveaway was fantastic.
3) Am I wasting my time with this nonsense? :) I'm a loyal fan... I just want in on some of that Club Nintendo action.

Cheers!

1. I'm not sure what contests exist that require MyNintendo registers. As for freebies, nearly all of them are tied to specific game titles rather than a general number.
2. Don't expect NOA to give out freebies on the level of other regions. Special stylii is probably as good as it gets for us. It's been pointed out that U.S. pricing is significantly lower compared to other regions, which provide freebies to indirectly offset their higher game costs. It'd be nice if NOA would at least sell those Club Nintendo items to provide a way for North American fans to obtain them, but I'm not holding my breath.
3. There's never been another freebie comparable to the Zelda Collector's Edition, which was the item that launched the service in America years ago. So if you go out of your way to purchase games just to register them, then yes, you're wasting your time.

Hey rapsodist, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, you're probably right on all counts.

But, to clarify, I don't purchase first-party games just to register them. Hilare. :cool:

In past giveaways they have always been accumulated games... so if you had previously registered 20 games and the item only needed 15 you were set.

FYI.

[quote name='Snake2715']In past giveaways they have always been accumulated games... so if you had previously registered 20 games and the item only needed 15 you were set.

FYI.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they're treated like points. If you need 15 games for something, and you have 20, then the extra 5 are carried over to the next promo. So if the next promo needs 10 games, you'd only need to register 5 more (so you have a total of 25).

But registering games is pointless. They haven't given us anything decent since the first (Zelda CE) promo.

bread's done
Back