Registering GameCube games at My.Nintendo.com
Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:52 PM
1) Should I have held out until some contest happens and then registered however many games were required?
2) Will my.Nintendo.com even bother to have any more freebies like Club Nintendo has overseas? The Zelda CE giveaway was fantastic.
3) Am I wasting my time with this nonsense? I'm a loyal fan... I just want in on some of that Club Nintendo action.
Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:43 PM
2. Don't expect NOA to give out freebies on the level of other regions. Special stylii is probably as good as it gets for us. It's been pointed out that U.S. pricing is significantly lower compared to other regions, which provide freebies to indirectly offset their higher game costs. It'd be nice if NOA would at least sell those Club Nintendo items to provide a way for North American fans to obtain them, but I'm not holding my breath.
3. There's never been another freebie comparable to the Zelda Collector's Edition, which was the item that launched the service in America years ago. So if you go out of your way to purchase games just to register them, then yes, you're wasting your time.
Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:59 PM
But, to clarify, I don't purchase first-party games just to register them. Hilare.
Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:21 PM
In past giveaways they have always been accumulated games... so if you had previously registered 20 games and the item only needed 15 you were set.
Yeah, they're treated like points. If you need 15 games for something, and you have 20, then the extra 5 are carried over to the next promo. So if the next promo needs 10 games, you'd only need to register 5 more (so you have a total of 25).
But registering games is pointless. They haven't given us anything decent since the first (Zelda CE) promo.
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD -
Uncharted: Golden Abyss -
Zone of the Enders HD -