How many games do you still have wrapped & not played?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chi.bri

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm curious to know how many games people have they haven't cracked the cellophane on.
I always seem to have 3-4 games I haven't played. I still have some from Christmas I haven't gotten around to playing.

Far far too many to count but at least they only go back to the last generation (Xbox, Gamecube, PS2). Although, I'm getting to the point where I'm starting not to care about them and am considering trading some of the in *shudders* or selling them on eBay or CAG since I've become much more focused and interested in the current gen games that I've been playing online with CAGs.

None. I almost always immediately open them upon receiving them. Problem is, I end up spending so little time with them since I have so many.

None.

1 unplayed game (Oblivion) but I got it off Goozex so it's not wrapped. I swore off big backlogs a long time ago. Won't let my self have more than 1-2 games sitting untouched on the shelf. I'll quit buying until I get through them.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']Still haven't touched CoD3 that I got free with CoD4.[/quote]

I just sold my sealed copy on eBay for $20 without ever playing it. Not too shabby!

None. I don't see how people can buy games and just let them sit there. Even if I have a lot of other stuff to play, I always pop a new game in just to check it out.

hmmm let me think

(360)
The Darkness
Mass Effect
Condemned

(PS3)
Resistance
Uncharted

(Wii)
Mario Galaxy
Zelda

That would be 7

[quote name='leveskikesko']Unless you're a super busy person or given an unexpected game as a present, I fail to see how this can ever happen to a gamer.[/quote]

I am a super busy person.

Why is there no option for 0? Why would you ever buy a game if you're not going to play it? Even if I don't play it much I play every single game I get as soon as I get it.

There should be a zero option. But I have Mass Effect and I haven't put that much time into it. That's about it.

I usually find games on clearance or a good deal, but I am too anal to stop a game (unless it is boring) thus they await in queue until I have the proper amount of time to invest

->Ryu

Well I always open all my games regardless if Im planning on playing them or not. The two that come to mind though are Call of Duty 4 and Grand Theft Auto IV. I did open them and played it a few minutes just to try it out but havent played them since. I've had CoD 4 since mid June and GTA IV I got when it was released so they have just been sitting there since then.

Let's see:

PS3:
Assassin's Creed
Uncharted
Splinter Cell Double Agent (Target Clearance Pick Up)
Tiger Woods 07 (Target Clearance Pick Up)

Xbox 360
Mass Effect
Stranglehold (Target Clearance Pick Up)
Blue Dragon (TRU Clearance Pick Up)

All because of that COD4 multiplayer! Damn you CALL Of DUTY!

I'm at 9+ but the more important number is the games I have yet to play in my collection, which is probably at 20-30 out of 130 games.

11, here's the list...

:gc: Viewtiful Joe 2
:360: All-Pro Football 2K8
:360: Forza Motorsport 2
:360: Virtua Tennis 3
:360: Call of Duty 3
:360: Top Spin 2
:360: Fuzion Frenzy 2
:360: The Godfather
:360: DiRT
:360: Flatout Ultimate Carnage
:360: Bully Scholarship Edition

If I added in the games I have opened but haven't yet played/played enough the list would be absurdly long, probably another 15 games.

I used to be this way, but I managed to catch up. I've basically played everything I have, with the exception of like two games. I got Heavenly Sword via goozex and I haven't even put it in the system yet. I got Assassin's Creed for Christmas and I barely even got into that before it gathered dust on my shelf. I too blame COD4 multiplayer for this problem.

Oh, and Khondor you really need to play Uncharted. Its a great game. That is, whenever you get a chance to beat MGS4.

[quote name='Hostile']I'm at 9+ but the more important number is the games I have yet to play in my collection, which is probably at 20-30 out of 130 games.[/quote]

Do you even really like most of the games? I don't understand why people collect games...just to collect....what's the point?

I honestly can't think of 130 games on the 360 worth playing, not to rag on the 360 or anything. In fact I doubt I can think of 130 games worth playing when all of the current gen systems are in the equation....

Pretty much a ton of them. I just noticed yesterday that I have unopened copies of Syphon Filter 1 and 2, sitting on a shelf. Oh well. They'll stay fresher that way in case I ever decide to play a 3rd person shooter that has been surpassed in every measurable way.

[quote name='leveskikesko']Do you even really like most of the games? I don't understand why people collect games...just to collect....what's the point?[/quote]

All right. This is starting to get on my nerves. Why is it acceptable to collect books, movies, comic books, coins, stamps, action figures, hats, shoes, cars, girls, or anything else in this world except for video games? Games are fun to collect because they're fun to play. It's fun to collect things that you like. It's kind of the point of collecting anything. Why make fun of something that people like to do? Does it hurt you in anyway? Do my stack of games cause you pain in anyway? If not, shut the fuck up. I'm tired of people constantly whining about people collecting games when we're on a site called Cheap Ass Gamer.

People looked at baseball cards as a horrible thing to collect but many cards from the 50s are very valuable now because not enough people treated them like collectibles. Now, a Mickey Mantle rookie card can command five figures at auction. A Honus Wagner T-206 goes for much more.

One reason I have so many games sealed is because I like to pick up clearance games even if I don't have the time to play them now. I'd much rather spend $8 on a game that I'm going to play in six months than spend $30 to run around and find an out of print game that no one has cheap. If it's still in my collection a year later, it goes on my trading list. If it doesn't get traded, I give it as a present or sell it on craigslist. Why is it a big deal if I like to collect games anyway?

Mass Effect-- I don't know why, it's a great game.
Shadow of the Colossus-- I re-bought it.
Oblivion: Shivering Isles-- GF gave it to me, then my PS3 broke and I lost my 60 hours:bomb: of Oblivion and all of my interest in the game.

[quote name='leveskikesko']Do you even really like most of the games? I don't understand why people collect games...just to collect....what's the point?

I honestly can't think of 130 games on the 360 worth playing, not to rag on the 360 or anything. In fact I doubt I can think of 130 games worth playing when all of the current gen systems are in the equation....[/quote]

Well I'd rather not sell a game I enjoyed for so little and then end up buying it again in the future. There are a few dozen games I wouldn't mind trading or selling, which is why I have that tradelist.

[quote name='chasemurata']Where's the "Zero" option?[/quote]

***waves hand***

This is not the thread you are looking for

None! WOOT. I did unwrap and play DMC4 until the 4th level, but then stopped. It's just sitting there until I'm 100% done with Ninja Gaiden 2.

Um, zero. I buy games to play them and I only buy more if I don't have anything new to play. I'll never understand why people buy so many games that they can't get to them all. I'd rather have money in my pocket than a game on my shelf.

[quote name='mrchainsaw']Um, zero. I buy games to play them and I only buy more if I don't have anything new to play. I'll never understand why people buy so many games that they can't get to them all. I'd rather have money in my pocket than a game on my shelf.[/QUOTE]
My reasoning is this... all the games I have in my "backlog" are games that were what I considered incredibly good deals for brand new games that I couldn't pass up. I got Bully for $14.99 new, DiRT for $20, Flatout for $5, The Godfather for $8, etc, etc. I'll eventually play all of them but I don't currently have the time to play them. You may find that odd, but I enjoy playing and collecting games and if I see a great deal on a game its hard to pass up.

[quote name='xcoax']

Oh, and Khondor you really need to play Uncharted. Its a great game. That is, whenever you get a chance to beat MGS4.[/QUOTE]

sure, by the time I beat MGS4 im sure MGS6 will be in production :lol:
as if I didnt have enough to deal with playing TF2, COD4, Battlefield:BC, and UT3. Now you guys have dragged me kicking and screaming into GOW multiplayer,
and this is with COD:WaW, Left 4 Dead, Legendary, and GoW2 just around the corner.
:whee:

Sealed, i have:
-Odin Sphere
-Contact
-Children of Mana
-Enclave
-Burnout 3
-SSX On Tour
-Nfl Head Coach
-Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble
-Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
-One of the ../hack games, 3 i think, those names are so damn long

And then, for some reason, i also have a bunch of games that were new, i opened them, and i still havent played them: Super Mario Galaxy, No More Heroes, Oddworld: Munch's oddysey, Magical Starsign, Blue Dragon, Baten Kaitos: Origins, Persona 3: Fes, Overlord, probably a few more i can't remember now. I have a lot more that I've bought used and haven't played, something like 50+.

EDIT: Well, today, i went to two stores i haven't been to in a while (Circuit city and TRU) and ended up with 3 more sealed games i won't play for a while. MGS 3-$5, Samurai Warriors 2-$8, and Nights: Journey of Dreams, $14. So i guess i'm up to 13.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if you have 0 games unopened then I think there is something wrong with you. I thought most CAGs would have at least one, since this is a deals site and a good deal is so hard to pass up sometimes.
Thanx everyone for your votes, it's been an interesting discussion so far.

The poll and answers on this thread seem to indicate that there's a divide on the issue. Several of us have sealed games out the yin yang while the other half have very few sealed games. Another good question for another thread would be how big everyone's backlog is.

Don't hate the list, hate the deals.

GBA:
Boktai
Boktai 2
Capcom Classics Mini Mix
Castlevania Double Pack
DK: King of Swing
Double Dragons
Drill Dozer
F-Zero: GP Legends
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy VI
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Game & Watch Gallery 4
Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town
Mario Tennis: Power Tour
Sigma Star Saga
Summon Night
Summon Night 2
Tales of Phantasia
Yggdra Union
Yoshi Topsy Turvy

DS:
Children of Mana
DBZ: Supersonic Warriors 2
Guilty Gear
Gunepy
Hotel Dusk
Magical Starsign
Mario & Luigi
Megaman ZX
Phoenix Wright: AA
Pokemon Trozei
Resident Evil DS
Scurge
Viewtiful Joe

Gamecube:
Baten Kaitos Origins
Battallion Wars
Custom Robo
Hitman 2
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
Midway Arcade Treasures 3
Star Fox Assault

PS2:
Amplitude
Ar Tonelico (w/ Artbook)
Castlevania: CoD
Devil Summoner
Disgaea 2
Driver: PL
Evil Dead: Regeneration
Final Fantasy 12: CE
God Hand
GrimGrimoire
Haunting Ground
Indigo Prophecy
Jak II
Jak 3
Jak X
Katamari Damacy
Mana Khemia: Premium Box
Matrix: Path of Neo
Midnight Club 3: Remix
Persona 3: FES
Ratchet and Clank: UYA
Rogue Galaxy
Samurai Champloo (extra copy)
Shadow Hearts: FTNW
Sly 3
Star Ocean
Steambot Chronicles
Taiko Drum Master (2 copies with drums)
Tokobot Plus
Valkyrie Profile 2
Victorious Boxers 2
We

I have over 200 games, easily that I have yet to open and play. These are games for the PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, Xbox, Xbox 360, Gamecube, Wii, DS Lite, Dreamcast. Too many to list them individually.

I never really leave them in the shrink wrap. The Metal Gear collection still is because I've got all those standalone (pretty much bought it solely as a collector's item), but I've got like maybe 10 games I have yet to play. Some really big name titles that I'm too ashamed to admit.

I buy alot of games used, so I'm counting the ones I haven't played yet as "new". I have two games that are officially new and un-opened (Just Cause, Condemned 2), and I have about 12 or more used "new" games that I have yet to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back