Furious rage!!!:bomb::bomb::bomb:

http://www.shacknews...n.x?story=53637

#2 R1V3R5

R1V3R5

No Pussy McNeverSexes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:20 AM

How so? It still looks good to me.

Edit: Well, it does appear they changed the character designs and the old ones really had a "night of the living dead" style to the old ones. However, these don't look bad.

Edited by R1V3R5, 15 July 2008 - 06:32 AM.

Posted Image
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
-Francois Fenelont

#3 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:16 AM

I think it looks better. I didn't really care for the look of the characters previously...this looks more realistic. Props.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#4 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:18 AM

I agree that the older designs were better, especially the girl -- WTF is this, Streets of Rage?

Probably not game-ruining, but still disappointing. I wonder how fast someone will create versions of the old models you can drop in.

#5 Pure Apathy

Pure Apathy

I got paid!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:28 AM

I also think the new characters look better.

Formerly known as RawisJericho

Posted Image

#6 trq

trq

I *am* the reinforcements

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:34 AM

I prefer the new models, too -- more "random civilians" and less "paramilitary extras from Resident Evil."

#7 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:41 AM

They look a lot better now.

#8 supermodestmouse

supermodestmouse

Gotta Catch Em All!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:47 AM

i feel like they look more real and down to earth...a little less prepared and more thrust into an unfortunate situation.
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=224637

smiles are free, don't be stingy :lol:

#9 level1online

level1online

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:39 PM

That last character reminds me of the 1990 remake of Night of the Living Dead, starring Tony Todd

Posted Image

Edited by level1online, 15 July 2008 - 12:41 PM.

#10 Serik

Serik

Stack of doom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:58 PM

They look noticeably "cleaner" than the old designs. For a split second, though, I thought the game was going third person.

In other news, L4D will now feature a pure co-op mode for those who want the infected bosses to be AI-controlled.

http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=userbar2kk9.jpgPosted Image
Playing:
:pc: Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, Team Fortress 2

#11 eswat

eswat

Kill many bear

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:24 PM

Might as well revive this thread, since this rubbish about L4D not having a server browser may do what the OP title suggests. http://www.rockpaper...ly-access-demo/

Left 4 Dead will use the new matchmaking system we’ve been working on.

The new matchmaking system replaces the traditional server browser. By running a public dedicated server your server will be added to a list of servers available for clients to use when playing. Games are started from a Game Lobby by clients, who are then connected to a dedicated server when they start the game. When they’re done, your server is added back to the list of available servers. Clients will be able to “Quick Match”, “Play Online”, and “Play With Friends” when they want to play a game.

You will still have access to the traditional Message of the Day for your server. For Left 4 Dead, we’ve added a banner ad you can create that will be displayed to clients when they’re playing on your server. There is also a ranking system to show the popularity of your server.

This is the first version of what we’ve been working on, and we’re going to want feedback from all of you once things start turning up tomorrow.

#12 52club

52club

This ain't intramurals!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:29 PM

Looks like GOY, and to get it for $35 shipped like many did even makes it better. I'm going to hold off on GOW 2 and just play this instead.
Space for Rent:lol:

#13 Serik

Serik

Stack of doom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2008 - 01:34 AM

Yeah, lots and lots of complaints about the lack of a server browser.

Hopefully they get that fixed before the game goes live.

Kinda surprising since Valve arguably makes the best server browsers in the business.

http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=userbar2kk9.jpgPosted Image
Playing:
:pc: Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, Team Fortress 2

#14 SOSTrooper

SOSTrooper

θ = fractional occupancy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2008 - 02:53 AM

The demo is out and playable for those of you who pre-ordered it from Steam client.

Posted Image
| Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | OCZ Gold 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 1600 | Asus P6T Deluxe V2 | 2x Intel X18-M 80GB RAID0 |
| XFX HD 5870 | Corsair HX750W PSU | Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 | Antec P180 v1.1 |

#15 Prodromus

Prodromus

Posted 07 November 2008 - 07:01 AM

Yep, played it with friends tonight- it was a lot of fun.

#16 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2008 - 05:38 AM

i need people to play this with since none of my steam friends have it. anybody interested?