inFAMOUS - Now Available - First Shipments include Uncharted 2 MP Beta

• Please log in to reply
745 replies to this topic

#721 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2009 - 05:47 AM

Yes, it's a glitch. They won't bother you, so don't bother them.

I also got a Platinum Trophy on this game last week. I made nearly 2 complete playthroughs in 5 days. Well, one was 100%, the other was like...50%, but still.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#722 Dahk

Dahk

You Know Nothing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:57 PM

Just finished my first playthrough. I chose the Evil route :twisted:

Awesome game and excellent story. I went Hard mode right from the beginning and I didnt find this game to be very difficult. Looking forward to a sequal.

Im still missing 10 shards and 5 stunts. My backlog is so massive though I dont know if I am going to play this again until after I finish some others first.

Currently Playing
:ps3: Tales of Symphonia

DahkX.png

#723 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:27 PM

Gigawatt Blades coming to everyone for free next week.

#724 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 24 December 2009 - 10:07 PM

Is it just me or does this game not have a 'quit game' option? I guess I'm the only person who likes to quit to the title screen before pressing the PS button to quit out of a game.

It seems like more and more games are doing this as of late too.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#725 Vanigan

Vanigan

V.V.V.V.V.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2009 - 12:05 AM

It's just an extra step that's not needed.

#726 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2009 - 03:23 AM

True, it's not really needed, and I don't usually use it when it's there, but I can see why some would like it, as I've fucked up save files before by initiating a quit right before the game decided it was going to save (never on the PS3, I did it on Burnout Revenge on the 360).

#727 pram12

pram12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2009 - 04:02 AM

Screw Infamous 2, gimme Sly Cooper 4. Infamous sucks compared to Sly (in terms of overall quality). I'm gonna be soo pissed if the rumor Infamous 2 is being developed... though I do know how the ending of Infamous sets up a sequel amazingly easily.

#728 Vanigan

Vanigan

V.V.V.V.V.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2009 - 07:12 AM

Give Sucker Punch a break. They've been making nothing but Sly Cooper games for the entire PS2 generation. A few Infamous games under their belt to broaden their experience, and develop techniques and technology, and we'll get an amazing Sly Cooper game.

#729 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2009 - 07:30 AM

I just hope they tweak the primary bolt attack to be less of a chore to use. It became so tedious having to constantly click the fire button to shoot enemies and depleted chargeable items to draw power from to refill cole's batteries (IE shoot object several times, suck energy, shoot object more times, suck energy; repeating until full)

Guardian_owl.png

#730 Vanigan

Vanigan

V.V.V.V.V.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2009 - 01:02 PM

Um, the primary attack costs no energy to use. You always have it available.

If you go the Hero route, you can use overcharge to get a full charge quickly from any item.

#731 Access_Denied

Access_Denied

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:29 AM

I just hope they tweak the primary bolt attack to be less of a chore to use. It became so tedious having to constantly click the fire button to shoot enemies and depleted chargeable items to draw power from to refill cole's batteries (IE shoot object several times, suck energy, shoot object more times, suck energy; repeating until full)

And you can buy the upgrade to just release a stream of constant energy rather than short burst attacks.

Anyway, just got my 2nd platinum on this game. First was Crack in Time. Overall, I'm loving my PS3. I never actually liked any game enough on my 360 to go for a 1000.

#732 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:09 AM

I'm probably going to dump this game on GS while the $20 promo is still going on since I've tried it and I hate it, but I'm letting my one buddy finish it before I get rid of it.

Hopefully, he'll stop procrastinating and finish the damn thing before the 10th, since I hated sitting there like a vulture the last time I let him borrow a game I intended to flip for cheap credit(Resistance 2)as he was trying to finish the game and get 100% in it.

Oh well. When it comes down to it though, it is still MY game and I'm free to do with it as I please.

Posted Image

#733 J7.

J7.

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:41 AM

Just picked this up by giving GS 2 games for $20 each! Any tips for a noob? How does this compare to other games?

#734 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 03:09 AM

Just picked this up by giving GS 2 games for $20 each! Any tips for a noob? How does this compare to other games?

the gigawatt blades are a free download now on psn. if youre a trophy hunter get it done on your first playthrough because theres alot of crap to collect and if you get stumpped trying to acheive a stunt or something theres plenty of youtube videos. and playing evil is alot more fun than playing good but you will have to do both to get all the trophies.

#735 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:16 AM

got 2 more trophies to get in the AM before I can flip this at gamestop. Hopefully I read that promo right and I can still do it tomorrow.

#736 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:29 AM

Honestly, I preferred Prototype to this game, even though it seemed to be more or less just Hulk: Ultimate Destruction with new skins on the character and NPC's.

Then again, I lean more towards the games where you can cause all sorts of chaos and destruction versus a more linear type of title such as inFamous.

As for hints, keep clicking the right stick in to find sources of power to recharge.

Posted Image

#737 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:31 AM

got 2 more trophies to get in the AM before I can flip this at gamestop. Hopefully I read that promo right and I can still do it tomorrow.

lol im trying to do that with uncharted still have to beat it on crushing.....i hate uncharted right now lol.

#738 J7.

J7.

Posted 10 January 2010 - 06:17 AM

So far the game is okay, I hope it gets better with additional abilities. It's gone downhill a bit since the opening which was cool.

#739 DF3

DF3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 06:31 AM

Honestly, I preferred Prototype to this game, even though it seemed to be more or less just Hulk: Ultimate Destruction with new skins on the character and NPC's.

Then again, I lean more towards the games where you can cause all sorts of chaos and destruction versus a more linear type of title such as inFamous.

As for hints, keep clicking the right stick in to find sources of power to recharge.

I rented Prototype but I didn't really like since it got repetitive after a while and the story came off as cheesy to me.

I haven't played infamous yet and was wondering if Id like it.

#740 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 06:45 AM

Having played both, I'll stick with inFamous. I recently rented Prototype, and it was an absolute blast. But the story was "blah" to me, and I felt more connected with Cole than I did Mercer.

#741 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:46 AM

So far the game is okay, I hope it gets better with additional abilities. It's gone downhill a bit since the opening which was cool.

My buddy who I got this game back from last night stopped playing it 3/4's of the way through it and he normally loves shooters.

Honestly, I felt like the game reached it's crescendo within the first 10-15 minutes. Then the rest of the game is the same from there on out. Shoot enemies, help(or hurt) people, repeat ad nauseam.

Posted Image

#742 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:58 PM

it will pick up as you go along. each ability adds to what you can do in the world and makes for alot of cool moments.

#743 cRodz

cRodz

Lead Chimp Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:54 PM

Just finished this game.

The kessler ending was..something.
playing on hard, i never raged so hard on a video game in single player. lol

i loved the free-climbing of this game. The ability that my guy is hanging on ledges and climbing a building was awesome.
I should get Mirror's Edge i guess. :)

#744 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 06:29 PM

Just finished this game.

The kessler ending was..something.
playing on hard, i never raged so hard on a video game in single player. lol

i loved the free-climbing of this game. The ability that my guy is hanging on ledges and climbing a building was awesome.
I should get Mirror's Edge i guess. :)

mirrors edge is awesome kinda short but an amazing game. its one of those games that you wish they would use that whole mechanic for other games like tenchu.

#745 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:52 PM

Honestly, I felt like the game reached it's crescendo within the first 10-15 minutes. Then the rest of the game is the same from there on out. Shoot enemies, help(or hurt) people, repeat ad nauseam.

I started it on Hard just to make it more challenging, and it definitely made it more enjoyable. When you start on the 2nd island, the enemies are so strong that going into the blackout areas is actually quite difficult and fun. There's a good variety with enemies as you progress, til you're fighting those huge guys near the end. If it wasn't for the (admittedly simple) experience & power system I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much. Between that and the story, I enjoyed it so much it's the only game I've ever gotten a Platinum on.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#746 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:38 AM

i found it kind of stupid that on hard the Dustmen and Sons needed more than 1 headshot to be killed.