Fat Princess - Gen Discussion & Info - $15 - 7/30

• Please log in to reply
549 replies to this topic

#541 jrsmaster411

jrsmaster411

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2009 - 04:41 PM

It's impossible to lose in offline from my experience. Although I've only played the story mode

#542 ChibiJosh

ChibiJosh

Posted 14 December 2009 - 05:28 PM

Wolfkin: I would assume the map in the demo is Black Forest. I think that's the most linear map.
Posted Image
Games Completed '08 (32) - '09 (43) - '10 (48) - '11 (43) -'12 (15)
PS3 Trophy card:
Spoiler

#543 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2009 - 08:28 PM

Wolfkin: I would assume the map in the demo is Black Forest. I think that's the most linear map.

That sounds like the name. At the northern center section is an island with one tower and minerals. Each side has a short bridge which connects to the island. Then there are very small islands in the southern portion of the map so that you can jump/swim to the enemy mainland.

Guardian_owl.png

#544 Frank Deluded

Frank Deluded

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:01 PM

I downloaded the demo even though I have the game. I was trying to sell my friend on buying it.

Black Forest is the only map in the demo. I've been wanting to get back into this game, send me a friend request if you want some games. I've a mic as well.

#545 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2009 - 04:04 PM

now Black Forest is kinda perfect for demonstrating the game. it very easily shows how the game works. the resource management even the base-capturing aspects. Heck even now, when I think of Fat Princess, BF is the level that's in my head. However it does get very old very fast and while it's great for demonstrating the basic principles. It doesn't showcase the depth of the game. The skill jumps, the advanced moves of your class, the yomi tactics, heck tactics period. It's great for showing you how to play the game but it doesn't show you what the game can be.

If you've played the demo and you're still on the fence check out some youtube videos. Once you know how to play you'll be able to see and understand the videos. It's like watching Evo videos after you learn to play Street Fighter.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#546 Frank Deluded

Frank Deluded

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:25 PM

Yeah, pretty much. But it's a demo and if Titan had let you try out another level, some people would be perfectly content with that and would not have bought the game.

I like the linear and simple levels though, it's still pretty deep. Sugar Cove, Tropical Punch and some lava levels aren't fun for me.

and a fighting game enthusiast, hmm? Yomi tactics? Reading up on Sirlin's material? I've gone to Evo years past. It sucks that I missed the first year for SF4 though.

#547 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2009 - 02:41 PM

oh that's where I remember reading about Yomi. anyway if you're still playing you should join the CAG clan Frank http://www.cheapassg...=232341&page=43 we could use the bodies.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#548 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:28 AM

Where is this option for four player co-op on the same console? I don't see it on my game.

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#549 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2010 - 04:36 AM

good question.. it should be in every mode far as I know but I don't have two controllers. have you tried just hitting start on the 2nd controller?

when you're playing if you see someone with a username like 'ramdomwolf-2' or 'ramdomwolf-1' etc.. those are co-opers. if any of them have a mic you can ask.

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#550 Frank Deluded

Frank Deluded

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:33 AM

Just press start on a controller that isn't 1P and is on.

If you don't get the 'start' prompt, it's because the team you are in is full.