FRINGE - Now On Netflix...Watch it again!

[quote name='fart_bubble']So who wants to start taking bets on how many episodes will actually air before its pulled, considering this is Fox after all?[/quote]

Yup that's always a fear.

[quote name='fart_bubble']So who wants to start taking bets on how many episodes will actually air before its pulled, considering this is Fox after all?[/quote]My guess is 6-8, before it gets canned.

That seems to be about the critical point for shows to live or die on Fox. I'm still surprised T: SCCC managed to get into a second season with eight episodes under its belt.

Plenty of Fox shows have died around that 6-8 episode mark. The real issue is what it'll be against from the other networks in the same timeslot. Also, what'll be before it/after it, that'll have some bearing on it.

Hope its a short mini-series, so FOX can't cancel it.

As to the LOST connection, there's at least 1 actor that is in both shows.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm still bitter about them killing DRIVE...it was such a good show, had so much potential too.[/quote]New Amsterdam was another show that they canned before its time.

If it makes it past that 6-8 show mark, then it'll survive for a while. X-Files was a bit weak on its first season, and it flirted with getting canned in that season, though the TV climate now is much different than 10+ years ago.

Having J. J. Abrams helps the show, as he's shown he has the ability to write scripts with long plot threads to it, not just single encapsulated shows.

[quote name='shrike4242']New Amsterdam was another show that they canned before its time. [/quote]

Yes. Not sure why either because it was pulling in solid numbers.

Wait..........

New Amsterdam was cancelled

WHAT. THE. fuck

It got FOX'd too?

I really hope another network picks it up, it was a good show

[quote name='javeryh']Yes. Not sure why either because it was pulling in solid numbers.[/quote]Yet another reason it gets canceled on Fox. Good numbers, good show, and yet, it's not a high-visibility show or a reality show. @whee.

to be fair, New Amsterdam was canceled before the fall tv season even started. They just used what they had to fill the gap because of the writer strike. Still don't know why they canceled it the second time as it had shown that it had a pretty strong core audience for it which equaled to pretty good numbers. I liked the show and was bummed that it got the axe the second time (hell I was bummed it got canceled the first time as I thought it had a good premise and I ended up being right)

Good point. Still doesn't soothe the cancellation any better, though.

Hopefully Fringe will make it through its first season, and we'll have a new X-Files wanna-be on our hands.

I watched the pilot episode and can say it's pretty good. Definitely J.J. and company.

It's kind of X-Files but with much better plot development. At least 1 episode in.

[quote name='fart_bubble']So who wants to start taking bets on how many episodes will actually air before its pulled, considering this is Fox after all?[/quote]

They spent 10 million on the pilot, they will be iring ll the episodes.

And New Amsterdam was canceled because Fox hated the show.

I haven't been able to find any concrete details for some reason. So is the show airing at 8 tonight, and then at 9 from here on out due to House starting?

[quote name='Pookymeister']are they still doing the almost no commercials deal with this? (not watching)[/quote]

Not really. They had a ton of 1-minute commercial breaks in some bad spots. It would've been better to just have fewer, longer breaks.

The show was decent, lots of continuity mistakes though.

I think it has potential. The first episode was entertaining.

Anyone hear the LOST like suspenseful sound effects?

Abrams....

[quote name='shinryuu']Oops, forgot about this show. From you guys, sounds like a mixed bag. =/[/quote]

Encore sunday...worth checking out at least.

So far, it's not quite X-Files quality, but it has potential. The editing was a bit confusing, though. But hey, this was just the first episode.

[quote name='kevzik']I think it has potential. The first episode was entertaining.

Anyone hear the LOST like suspenseful sound effects?

Abrams....[/QUOTE]

I noticed that and I heard some Alias-like chase sequences too. It makes sense since it's all Michael Giaccino

For better or worse, John Noble provided half the personality on the show. I'll probably hang around through the second episode at least to see how it starts to shake out as an hour-long episode.

Only got to watch the first 45 min (the wife fell asleep and didn't want to continue on without her up). I enjoyed it up till that point.

As for new amsterdamm, there numbers were mediocre and falling. The season finale was 4th in the hour. Considering the CW never does much that means it was the least watched show. Networks strive for big 18 - 49 demo, and they were horrible there. They had heavy pimpage on americain idol which a shitload of people watch and they weren't able to carry over to the new amsterdamm show. I somewhat enjoyed the show, and wished and lasted longer, but to say they had solid numbers even though they came in 4th is a lie. My money is that this show lasts a full season. They have had heavy ad campaign, it is being considered the best new series of the fall from a lot of critics, and JJ abr is behind it.

I liked it. I watch House every week, and this is on after it on the normal schedule, so I figure I might as well just watch it.

At first I didn't like it, but the plot did develop as it seems to have more than just an
"I'll do anything for my love"or a Frankenstein-esque storyline
. Ended up loving the premiere and can't wait til the next episode.

Beats the crap out of PB nowadays...

[quote name='kevzik']I think it has potential. [/quote]

That's for sure, but the pilot still could have been better.

I just don't see the show lasting long. This was supposed to be the mega hit of the year and Fox went all out and in the end it only got 9ish million viewers.

one of the things that I think that will hold it back some, is that it was a little out there for a pilot. A main character being placed in water, with a metal rod inserted into her neck and then communicating with someone that is in a comma or whatever condition he was in. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but it was a bit heavy on the sci fi side for a main stream audience. IMO, it would have been better to start with something a little less out there. IMO they also need to work on the pacing of the show. To many really long dry spells. Either better writting or better acting is needed to liven up those really dry area's of the show.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']I thought the second episode was bland compared to the pilot (which had a few slow portions as well).[/quote]

agreed.

bread's done
Back