Photo
- - - - -

GS/EB Ad for 7/18 - 7/24 w/ Coupon - 20% Off Any Used Games or Accessories (Limit 3)

• Please log in to reply
498 replies to this topic

#481 riccaboni

riccaboni

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:31 PM

What I don't understand is that they should be ENCOURAGING people to come in and use coupons and ENCOURAGING them to tell their friends to use them. What ever they try to tell you, they're still making money hand over fist.

#482 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:34 PM

Does anyone know how to find Duck Amuck used at gamestop, I only see it new?

Search on a game you know GS will have in stock. Like Halo or Persona.

When you get the search results, click on the red button "Show" backordered used products.

Now search for "Duck Amuck" and both new and used will show up.

Note that Duck Amuck is on TRU clearance now. This didn't help me, though, since my local TRUs were wiped clean of anything good, and going to any farther TRUs would use too much gas.

Tried to pick up Neves with the coupon yesterday, but it didn't have case or manual, so no sale for me.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#483 nyprimus4

nyprimus4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:41 PM

I feel like I have the only Gamestop in the entire United States that has nerdy, yet cool about any type of deal, mid 20's employees. They also make fun of me when I trade in shitty games, joking around of course.

#484 vanlandw

vanlandw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:56 PM

What I don't understand is that they should be ENCOURAGING people to come in and use coupons and ENCOURAGING them to tell their friends to use them. What ever they try to tell you, they're still making money hand over fist.

I agree with your statement 100%.

#485 hostyl1

hostyl1

Can do this all day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:25 PM

Sometimes I wonder if some of y'all are abusive to your local employees. I never have problems with using coupons. Hell, half the time they offer to give me the coupon printout *back* after using it. Well, there is the Kingstowne, VA manager who is a complete douche, but not to me, but towards his employees.

If I got treated as poorly as some of these posts I read I'd never go back there.

#486 Penguin1084

Penguin1084

The Disney Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:30 PM

Sometimes I wonder if some of y'all are abusive to your local employees. I never have problems with using coupons. Hell, half the time they offer to give me the coupon printout *back* after using it. Well, there is the Kingstowne, VA manager who is a complete douche, but not to me, but towards his employees.

If I got treated as poorly as some of these posts I read I'd never go back there.

Yea. The people at my local gamestop encouraged me to reprint and reuse any and all coupons that I bring in. Then I went to another gamestop, and the manager gave me the "1 coupon per customer speech." Told him to screw himself and to keep his games, went back to the local gamestop.

So what's the next coupon? My wallet is hurting badly already so let's keep kicking it while it's down!!

#487 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:35 PM

I just caved and picked up Ico, Siren, and Life Line. :)

#488 vanlandw

vanlandw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:36 PM

I went with my friend to pick up a reserve for Bioshock the special edition and it was shameful how hard the two guys working the counter were trying to hard sell him on other pre-orders. It was uncomfortable.....I've never went back to that Gamestop. In my area I have alot of them but there are only two I feel OK browsing in. Even being a CAG I haven't spent a dime there in years. Gamerush for layout and prices and customer service has been much better then the Gamestop's in my area.

OK I'm getting off topic...oddly enough I plan on checking a Gamestop tonight to see if I can use this coupon for anything I need :-)

#489 DaftPunkFan37

DaftPunkFan37

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:41 PM

After searching 4 stores over 3 days, I finally got a used 360 Wireless Adapter. The first day I was SOL, and I forgot my Edge Card. Later that day, I checked online and saw there were was one at my mall. So I went, and it turns out I went into the wrong store (there are two in my mall, and one about a 3min drive from the mall too). I then realized I left the coupon at home (but had the Edge Card). Fortunatly, the GS Employee was able to call up the other store and tell them to save it. So today I went to the other GS and got the 360 Wireless Adapter, as well as the old version of CoD4 (With no Voucher Map Pack either) for $80, so I got 50% off I had bought them new.

Yay me!

Now all I need is for them to put Harvey Birdman at 9.99 so I can finally buy that, and once I get Halo 3 I should be done buying games for the year!
the mau5 sounds like thisssssssss
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#490 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:43 PM

Yea. The people at my local gamestop encouraged me to reprint and reuse any and all coupons that I bring in. Then I went to another gamestop, and the manager gave me the "1 coupon per customer speech." Told him to screw himself and to keep his games, went back to the local gamestop.

So what's the next coupon? My wallet is hurting badly already so let's keep kicking it while it's down!!

yeah the employees at my gamestops also encouraged me to use the coupons multiple times. i can only guess that the dm that issued the ban has the problem with it.

#491 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:16 AM

"Get $5 off used video games if you buy Soul Calibur 4" maybe

You are correct. That is this weeks coupon. Dcyphr has the information and will posting it after a while. Pretty much worthless ad and coupon this week. Used deal of the week sucks, the main deal sucks, just all around suckage from GameStop this week.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#492 Access_Denied

Access_Denied

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:23 AM

Scored a 360 vision camera and messaging kit for $34.00. I just realized that this coupons expires today. Damn. At least I jumped before it expired.

#493 mav451

mav451

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:34 AM

Ok - am I the only getting owned by the clam shells for used stuff? 120gig clamshell > Mav.

#494 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:56 AM

welp, I used this coupon to the max. Thanks OP!

My pull this week:

Burnout Paradise for $26.xx
3x PS2 Network adapters at $10.49 each, flipped for $42 each on eBay.
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK | Steam: djfakey
i5-2500k@4.2Ghz; MSI 660Ti PE/OC Ed.

#495 joe6555

joe6555

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:26 AM

Even if I had a printer at home, I would prefer to not waste the color ink.

Wow, you are a CHEAPASS gamer.;)

#496 Xfactor4

Xfactor4

Come and get some

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 04:45 AM

They had two mint black 360 controller at the same GS I always go to and I wanted to pick them up with the coupon for $28.00 each. But the guy who gave me crap on Sunday about using the coupon more than once when I picked up the 120gb HD wrote my name down so the other guy working wouldnt let me use the coupon today. I than tried the other three GS in that area and not one of them had any used black controller in-stock.

I was thinking about going back and buying them anyway and than doing a return and rebuy with the coupon at another store but didnt want to drive back over there while I was still working.

I would have bought them and then returned and re-rung them up telling the friendly Gamestop I know that I found the coupon after I bought them and need the adjustment or that I didn't get a chance to use the coupon.. ;)

I have always said it is about relationships with your local Gamestops. Get to know the staff and preorder and game or two with them. I know the managers at several of my "friendly" local stores. Managers that are jerks or who don't make exceptions get none of my business. Luckily I can since I have a bunch of stores in my metro area, is really no problem. Find one or two stores to call "home" and make some friends with the staff. They love gaming just like you. Small chat and friendly gaming talk which you both have in common goes a long way with you having no problem using multiple coupons or whether you are successful on some YMMV deals. Make some friends and know which Gamestops you know people and can shop at where they "take care of you" and which ones have the strict pricks and stay away. It always helps when they recognize you or know you as far as I cam concerned....:)

Xfactor

#497 Xfactor4

Xfactor4

Come and get some

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 04:53 AM

I got banned by a District Manager from using coupons at Gamestop. Yeah...I've been abusing these coupons the last couple weeks :-\"

Anyway to use a coupon without them looking up my account? Will they still ask for my phone number if I don't use my edge card? I also have credit on a card and am hoping they don't ask for my phone number if i use it.

Which coupons did you use(abuse) ? I have had no problem using mutliple weekly coupons to buy multiple items as long as I have one copy of the coupon for each transaction. Some of my Gamestops are just cool enough to enter the EBC code as well. I even have success on some of the YMMV ones as well.

That said, I didn't mess with the scan of the NCAA preorder bonus $15 internet scan though.. If you didn't buy 5 copies of that game but used 10 copies of it... :roll: Someone might be looking your way, just maybe ??

If you don't use your edge card, just give them a friends phone number or make one up if they ask for it which I think you can refuse (for privacy reasons) if you don't need to flash an edge card. Also, use your credit to buy a Gamestop "gift card" to move the credit from your edge card. You don't need a coupon for this so should be no problem.

Xfactor

P.S. Scored a BUNCH of PSP/GBA advance games today at 30% off after edge with some of my flipping credit... It was so nice....8-)

#498 dougstill

dougstill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:31 PM

I used the coupon probably 7 times so I am glad the week ended.
Got a Wii recently so could finally buy some games for it so I got:
Zelda Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy
Resident Evil 4 Wii
Zak & Wiki
-Gamecube-
Metroid Prime
Star Wars Bounty Hunter
Star Wars Rebel Assault 3
Star Wars Jedi Academy
Tony Hawk 4
Viewtiful Joe
Classic Controller
Two Gamecube controllers
Gamecube Memoy Card

And on my last trip last night I scored a used copy of Civilization Revolution for xbox 360.
I have enough games to keep me busy until 2010 now.
Xbox Live Gamertag - Ruben Rybnik

Currently Playing: COD MW 2, Mario Kart Wii

#499 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:58 PM

Lovely coupon, you served us well.
gwensigol8.png