Photo
- - - - -

5 Blizzard Games On Sale Today (7/23) at Amazon (Gold Box)

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 roguejedi5

roguejedi5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:34 AM

Today Amazon is featuring 5 Blizzard games as their Deal of the Day and Lightning Deals. The deals go live (and the prices are revealed) at the times listed below (EST).

Deal of the Day: WoW Battle Chest $26.99
9am Diablo Battle Chest
1pm WoW Expansion: Burning Crusade
5pm Warcraft III Battle Chest
9pm Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos

Thanks, Lightningdeals.com

Edited by CheapyD, 23 July 2008 - 09:33 AM.

And there is something out there in the darkness, something terrifying, something that will not stop until it gets revenge... Me. --- Bruce Wayne

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. --- Ferris Bueller

#2 IvanHood

IvanHood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:42 AM

Come on, Blackthorne! Thanks for the heads up, OP.

#3 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:44 AM

And I just bought WC3 from them... Gold Box doesn't count for price adjustments, right?

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#4 Codemaster

Codemaster

Project 2501

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:08 AM

Hopefully they'll have the Diablo Battle Chest for $20 or less (though it'll probably be $30 which GoGamer already has it as...) A preorder deal on StarCraft 2, Wrath of the Lich King, or Diablo III would be nice.

#5 morphineseason

morphineseason

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:15 AM

Just a heads up for Mac users...if you're running the latest version of Leopard and on a newer Macbook (Intel architecture), then Diablo 2 won't work for you currently. I think Blizzard is working to fix it, but I can't be certain. Of course you can always install it under a Windows XP partition if you want (using boot camp), or just install it on any other Windows machine. I know this doesn't effect the mass majority of CAG, but just wanted to give some of you the heads up.

#6 Suraph

Suraph

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:17 AM

Just a heads up for Mac users...if you're running the latest version of Leopard and on a newer Macbook (Intel architecture), then Diablo 2 won't work for you currently. I think Blizzard is working to fix it, but I can't be certain. Of course you can always install it under a Windows XP partition if you want (using boot camp), or just install it on any other Windows machine. I know this doesn't effect the mass majority of CAG, but just wanted to give some of you the heads up.

Thanks for the heads up on it; I just replaced my dying PC with a new Mac and haven't yet setup a boot camp partition, so this does apply to me >.>; Hopefully they get that fix out soon :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 morphineseason

morphineseason

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:21 AM

Thanks for the heads up on it; I just replaced my dying PC with a new Mac and haven't yet setup a boot camp partition, so this does apply to me >.>; Hopefully they get that fix out soon :D

Yea I'm not sure what the deal is. I think it has something to do with a newer graphics driver clearing out older color modes like 256. I'm sure something will be released by either Blizzard or Apple as it would be goofy for them not to, especially right after announcing Diablo III. People want to go back and either experience D2 again, or for the first time.

#8 radjago

radjago

Long-time CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:23 AM

Click and behold.

http://70.181.80.166...256-colors.html

#9 morphineseason

morphineseason

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:30 AM

Click and behold.

http://70.181.80.166...256-colors.html

Although helpful, I wouldn't do this as several people have ended up screwing up their systems pretty bad, or the fix just doesn't work. The moral of the story: we shouldn't have to revert to old graphics drivers to play old ass games. Get with it Blizzard/Apple!! I'm just going to wait for an official fix.

#10 rothgar24

rothgar24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:41 AM

Just saw this on Amazon. Looks promising if they sell a diablo or Warcraft III battlechest at a good price.

#11 mdmola

mdmola

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:22 AM

i'll get the warcraft III battlechest. I've avoided the game because I know how addicting it can be

#12 Scarface7

Scarface7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:37 AM

And I just bought WC3 from them... Gold Box doesn't count for price adjustments, right?

I'm in the same boat. Can anyone clarify?
Posted Image
Sig courtesy of OTM.

#13 Serik

Serik

Stack of doom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:39 AM

I'm definitely in for a WCIII Battle Chest if the price is right...

http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=userbar2kk9.jpgPosted Image
Playing:
:pc: Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, Team Fortress 2

#14 ivanctorres

ivanctorres

Johan is gansta!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:41 AM

I'd pick up a warcraft 3 battlechest @ a good price. I played the crap out of the game the summer it released.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#15 Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:55 AM

go Starcraft! :)

#16 weevles

weevles

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:00 AM

/Crosses fingers for a $20 or less WoW time card.

:pray:

#17 wynams

wynams

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:03 AM

Folks have had good luck before doing this (basing this on Slick Deals reading) ... your luck of getting a match drastically increases if you submit the match while the deal is live (i.e. if WC3 pops up, submit a price adjustment while its up and unclaimed!).

#18 Deadpool

Deadpool

I club baby seals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:05 AM

ooh?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 drone8888

drone8888

Sin & Punishment VC2007!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:13 AM

I started playing D2 again last week, but I never bought the expansion :( Is there a cheap place to get just the expansion, maybe a D2D?
Anyways, I have everything else Blizzard, minus this 1 item. Thanks for the head's up though :)

#20 Gothic Walrus

Gothic Walrus

Goo Goo G'Joob.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:49 AM

Hopefully they'll have the Diablo Battle Chest for $20 or less (though it'll probably be $30 which GoGamer already has it as...) A preorder deal on StarCraft 2, Wrath of the Lich King, or Diablo III would be nice.

Has Amazon EVER done preorder sales in the Gold Box? I can't think of it ever happening, and it'd make horrible business sense given how well they'll sell at full price. Combine that with the fact that Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 don't have release dates yet, and it's pretty much guaranteed not to happen. :-s

Given Blizzard's small library of titles, there isn't much wiggle room when it comes to what could be on sale. The Starcraft, Diablo, and Warcraft 3 Battle Chests are probably all going to be included, and (assuming five items, like usual), the last two are going to be WoW related. If this was a few years ago, I could see the GBA Lost Vikings or Rock and Roll Racing ports included, but I can't think of any Blizzard titles currently out there for the DS or PSP.

ah, a voice of logic in the form of a walrus

#21 the_punisher

the_punisher

Dare enter the metro.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:48 PM

I need two things:

Diablo Battlechest
Starcraft Battlechest

:pray:

Money comes and goes, but deals don't last forever ;)

If anime was mainstream, would it be as satisfying?

#22 uglyteradon

uglyteradon

CAG-tastrophe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:23 PM

Do you need the discs for Diablo II anymore? I'm just wondering because I want to fire it up again and have two CD keys but only one set of discs. I'd buy a battle chest if it went near twenty, tonight.

#23 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:29 PM

Hmm...I think the expansion for Warcraft 3 is the only Blizzard game I don't have that I want. I guess if it was cheap enough I'd pick up World of Warcraft. Loved the demo, but I don't think I'd like the later level content, and I have so much other stuff to play.

#24 OneWingedAngeI

OneWingedAngeI

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:31 PM

diablo 2 will work fine on a newer intel mac, so long as your disc isnt the original first day release. those were not hybrid discs and never worked on a mac.

for the rest, you can go to blizzard support and download the diablo 2 mac native installer and it works fine.

#25 tsunami_bomb3r

tsunami_bomb3r

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:43 PM

diablo 2 will work fine on a newer intel mac, so long as your disc isnt the original first day release. those were not hybrid discs and never worked on a mac.

for the rest, you can go to blizzard support and download the diablo 2 mac native installer and it works fine.

no, it was a leopard update

the recent 10.5.3 update borked the video drivers so that 256 color mode was disabled, which happens to be the mode in which diablo II runs.

it's a fairly well-known problem, and blizzard can't do much right now -- it's on apple to release a fix, since the problem is their drivers.

#26 mastryoda

mastryoda

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:58 PM

Do you need the discs for Diablo II anymore? I'm just wondering because I want to fire it up again and have two CD keys but only one set of discs. I'd buy a battle chest if it went near twenty, tonight.

With the last patch they released (around the D3 announcement) you can play the game without CD's now. You just need to do the full install and copy any other .mpq files off the cd to the install directory. I only had to copy 2 .mpq files from the LOD CD for mine to work.
Assistant to the Regional Manager

#27 Nostalgic Wind

Nostalgic Wind

Capcom Fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:19 PM

I'm hoping for Diablo Battle Chest. I got Starcraft Battle Chest from a Best Buy sale last year for about $10, so all I'm interested in is Diablo.

#28 rpnguyen

rpnguyen

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:03 PM

I still need the original Diablo...I have all of their other PC games.

Anyway I predict Warcraft III, Diablo II, and World of Warcraft Battlechests to go on sale. Probably $20 for each. Maybe they'll even have Starcraft Battlechest, but that goes for $10 B&M nowadays, so what would they reduce it to - $5?

Amazon will probably throw a curveball at us and include a tabletop game or the WoW TCG game as one (or more) of their items. Yuck.

#29 jlseal

jlseal

ULTIMA RATIO REGUM

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:24 AM

Diablo Battle Chest would be nice and/or the WC3 xpac for the cheep.
Posted Image

#30 BrandonJ33

BrandonJ33

Alex Anderson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:49 AM

They should do the Blizzard GBA games ;)