Photo
- - - - -

5 Blizzard Games On Sale Today (7/23) at Amazon (Gold Box)

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#61 rpepper

rpepper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2008 - 03:28 PM

I've heard some mention of people wanting Starcraft and forgive me if this is a repost but it's only $19.99 on Amazon anyway:

http://www.amazon.co...6826800&sr=8-10
Posted Image

Current Playlist:
:360: Dante's Inferno

#62 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2008 - 03:45 PM

I'd gladly buy Starcraft...honestly for full price, if I didn't own it. The worst thing I can say about it (and I'm not kidding) is it's ruined every other real time strategy game for me. I start one, and eventually realize "I'd have more fun replaying Starcraft".

Awesome gameplay, awesome story, and IMO the graphics still hold up too (IMO Warcraft 2 still looks fine for that matter, and Starcraft is a big upgrade over that). I fell in love with it the first time I transformed a siege tank in the demo :)

Regarding the so-expensive thing-I think Blizzard games hold the record for holding their value. Part of it-maybe a huge part of it-really is that they're just that good. (Although personally Diablo 2 does nothing for me and looked ugly even when it launched 8 years ago.)

I hope hope hope Starcraft 2 is at least as well written, and plays as well.

#63 OneWingedAngeI

OneWingedAngeI

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2008 - 03:57 PM

no, it was a leopard update

the recent 10.5.3 update borked the video drivers so that 256 color mode was disabled, which happens to be the mode in which diablo II runs.

it's a fairly well-known problem, and blizzard can't do much right now -- it's on apple to release a fix, since the problem is their drivers.

i am currently playing the game both on my intel imac and intel macbook. no problem at all.

#64 drock

drock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2008 - 04:31 PM

i am currently playing the game both on my intel imac and intel macbook. no problem at all.

The 256-color issue only effects Apples with an Nvidia chip. I'd wager that your iMac has an ATI chip and your Macbook definitely has an Intel GMA chip.

#65 Monroeski

Monroeski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2008 - 04:42 PM

Wrestled with it for close to 4 hours, but ended up deciding to pick up Diablo II Battlechest. I think this will make the 4th time I've bought it. :D and :bomb:

#66 justme99z

justme99z

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2008 - 04:44 PM

Just a heads up for Mac users...if you're running the latest version of Leopard and on a newer Macbook (Intel architecture), then Diablo 2 won't work for you currently. I think Blizzard is working to fix it, but I can't be certain. Of course you can always install it under a Windows XP partition if you want (using boot camp), or just install it on any other Windows machine. I know this doesn't effect the mass majority of CAG, but just wanted to give some of you the heads up.

Thanks for the heads up! I was lookin to fire D2 back up but I will hold off now...

#67 RiCeBo1

RiCeBo1

NAME PRONOUNCED RICEBOY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2008 - 05:06 PM

Do we know the price on the W3 Battlechest or W3 alone yet? Would gladly get W3 if less than $20 since I might miss the Battlechest deal.

Posted Image

#68 Here for LAN party

Here for LAN party

Posted 23 July 2008 - 06:37 PM

I've heard some mention of people wanting Starcraft and forgive me if this is a repost but it's only $19.99 on Amazon anyway:

http://www.amazon.co...6826800&sr=8-10

Does Starcraft work with Vista?

#69 Here for LAN party

Here for LAN party

Posted 23 July 2008 - 06:39 PM

Do we know the price on the W3 Battlechest or W3 alone yet? Would gladly get W3 if less than $20 since I might miss the Battlechest deal.

Prices aren't known until the deals start.

#70 Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest

Posted 23 July 2008 - 06:40 PM

Does Starcraft work with Vista?

$19.99 has been the price for the Battle Chest for at least five years

www.blizzard.com/store has the digital version for $14.99, so I would go with that, so save yourself $5 and you also don't have to deal with the horrible strategy guides

and SC works with Vista, you just gotta do stuff like run in XP compatbility mode, force resolution, and force colors or something

#71 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2008 - 07:52 PM

I'd gladly buy Starcraft...honestly for full price, if I didn't own it. The worst thing I can say about it (and I'm not kidding) is it's ruined every other real time strategy game for me. I start one, and eventually realize "I'd have more fun replaying Starcraft".

Awesome gameplay, awesome story, and IMO the graphics still hold up too (IMO Warcraft 2 still looks fine for that matter, and Starcraft is a big upgrade over that). I fell in love with it the first time I transformed a siege tank in the demo :)

I hope hope hope Starcraft 2 is at least as well written, and plays as well.

I'm with you. I remember it just like yesterday when my friend's brother sat myself and my friend down for a 1 on 1 and had me nuke him off the map. I was hooked ever since and when the expansion came out my friend and I dropped all social gatherings to go out to the store and play it for the weekend. Oh the memories that will never be lived up to again.

I still play SC and can't stand anything else except WC2 b.net edition a little bit. I really dislike the 3d graphics now and I hated WC3 but maybe I should give it another try? I'm not getting my hopes up at all for SC2.

#72 timiddy

timiddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:04 PM

It looks like WC3 Battlechest is $27.99. Was hoping for a bit cheaper. (link)

#73 icedout297

icedout297

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:08 PM

I bit anyways at $27.99 since I've been looking for it. But man I wish it was cheaper though...

Oh well...

#74 jlseal

jlseal

ULTIMA RATIO REGUM

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:26 PM

I missed the Gamestop deal on the diablo chest, so yay more games I don't have time to play!
Posted Image

#75 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:40 PM

I ordered the WoW Battlechest though not sure if I'll keep it, too bad no time cards were on sale

a lot of my friends play the game a ton (and I had beta tested it) but price has always been a high barrier for me and MMORPGs

#76 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2008 - 10:43 PM

It looks like WC3 Battlechest is $27.99. Was hoping for a bit cheaper. (link)

Yeah that is weak, I am going to pass too. I guess it is still better than the $30 I usually see.

#77 mdmola

mdmola

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2008 - 10:52 PM

how often do u see it for $30? I may just pick that up later if it's not hard to find that price...

#78 Lieutenant Dan

Lieutenant Dan

Ice Cream!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2008 - 11:29 PM

I just snagged the Warcraft III BattleChest for $17.99. Got an extra $10 credit for signing up for a new prime membership. Gotta cancel within a month though...

#79 axisofevol

axisofevol

Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:35 AM

How much was the sale price for Burning Crusade?

Because I checked at like 12 minutes after and it was still $29.99

#80 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:05 AM

$18 for BC.
Damn $19 for Reign of Chaos is a big Meh. I even doubt 10% will be claimed at this rate.

#81 Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:28 AM

www.blizzard.com/store is selling WC3: Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne for $19.99 each, so this RoC deal really isn't that great. If you missed out on the WC3 Battle Chest deal, tough luck

#82 rperez1025

rperez1025

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2008 - 04:25 AM

and SC works with Vista, you just gotta do stuff like run in XP compatbility mode, force resolution, and force colors or something

I've had it run fine in Vista (currently two missions away from beating Brood War), though I've had to bump down the video card resolution from 32 bit to 16 bit or I'd get some weird color effects going on.

#83 icedout297

icedout297

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:06 AM

rperez, I do the exact same thing. I change the display colors to 16 bit and all is well. If I'm running at 32 bit, I get odd shiny turquoise effects all over the screen.

#84 Ultimatallica0

Ultimatallica0

Alice in Chains. The End.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:58 PM

Not really much of a deal, is it? They usually have the WOW Battle Chest for $30. Hell, I'm pretty sure you can get it at GS for that price.
Posted Image

#85 VioletArrows

VioletArrows

La Bella Fleche

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2008 - 03:06 PM

Actually, I think it might've gone back up in price at GS. It was just on sale this and last month as part of their Game Days sale. I grabbed it then, and now it's gathering dust because I have no time to play.
Currently playing: ....*shrug*