Photo
- - - - -

MAG Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
1381 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will you enlist with?

Who will you enlist with?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#571 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2010 - 01:25 PM

Good games today, along with 2EZ clan. Our squad seemed to be a huge factor in all of our victories.

Yeah, great games yesterday Sorry I had to leave so early, had personal stuff I had to do (like eat and stuff, why do I even bother!). Good games with 2EZ and CAG members. My mic had issues on the big domination match. I actually didn't know I was squad leader until half way in the match, sorry guys.

Will try and be on again tonight, this game is too much fun honestly. Also, if ya play with me, I am a medic first, so just call out and I will go to ya like Kendal did once and I ran all the way from one side to the other, its what I do best although I always seem to get a ton of kills as well.

Now playing: Diablo 3 (360), Lost Planet 3, Saints Row 4, Rayman Legends, Killzone Mercenary, Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm.

#572 Supplice

Supplice

Popcorn.gif

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2010 - 04:40 PM

M.A.G. Gameplay Information

Spoiler

Player Roles in M.A.G.

Spoiler

Character Development
Spoiler

Game Modes
Spoiler

Factions
Spoiler

Ultimate Mag Guide
- This guide covers...
Spoiler

---------

Veteran Mode explanation.

----------
List of Patch updates

MAG v1.01a - 2/3/2010: Update

MAG Patch v1.02 - 2/16/2010: Update

---------
C.A.G. - M.A.G. Faction Roster List

Ok, I went back to the release day to try and make a list of who and who is in what faction byCAG usernames and their PSN ID's (thank you, Snake2715 & Romis for providing PSNs). Contact these members for their PSN. If your on different faction than you were before (like going veteran status) then let me know since I had to base most of these by association. Not many people blurted out what faction they were on. Use this list to add other fellow CAGs within your faction.
=====
Posted Image

Posted Image

Valor
-----------
CAG ID - PSN ID

Soodmeg = Soodmeg
SteveMcQ = SteveMcQ
FriskyTanuki = Crashspyro
fizzywix = Fizzywix
sky03 = mushh
fatmanforlife99 = anorexicwes
drbutchevil = drbutchevil
MaskedPlague = MaskedPlague
the_grimace = frankied14
Snake2715 = Snake2715
Ultimate Matt X = TheUMX
PR0BLEMZ = DIVINA__ (2 underscores)

Cag ID? = HenryRequiem
Cag ID? = maingon
Cag ID? = AndrewsAwesome
phillyphill39 = PSN ID?

Posted Image

Raven
-------------
CAG ID - PSN ID

enufs8d - wotcher
Layd Dly
dmunkee
knightsdwn
whoknows
african redbush
carbontiger
RaptorXD

Posted Image

S.V.E.R.
---------------
CAG ID - PSN ID

Frank Deluded = FrankDeluded
Seanr1221 = SeanR1221
Kandal = Kandal978
Nightmare452 = Neonightmare
Romis = Captnstryker
Shoki = Zedr
ChernobylCow = Chernobylcow
CheapyD = Cheapyd
Harley-tj = Harley-tj
Kurrptsenate = KurrptSenate
Skams00 = Dirtyharry509
Jlarlee = Listerfiend78
Nervousxtian = NervousXtian
Cheap from Birth = Shutup-Sitdown
Scaevola = scavola

Edited by Supplice, 21 February 2010 - 10:00 AM.

#573 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:27 PM

Very nice, you guys can add me for Valor, but I don't have a mic. Besides the official headset, what is the cheapest one you guys would recommend? You can use bluetooth headsets right?

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

#574 drbutchevil

drbutchevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:39 PM

< Valor, I have mic, but don't tend to talk too much.

#575 Supplice

Supplice

Popcorn.gif

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:04 PM

Very nice, you guys can add me for Valor, but I don't have a mic. Besides the official headset, what is the cheapest one you guys would recommend? You can use bluetooth headsets right?

Yeah, I use the official PS3 headset. It works great if you have it and yes bluetooth headsets work.

*Roster sheet updated

#576 Brownjohn

Brownjohn

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:07 PM

I sit really close to my ps3, so I picked up a Rocketfish wired headset from best buy. Its basically the same as the wired headset that comes with 360's, if you're familiar with it. It was only $20, and it has worked perfectly for the last week or so that I've had it.
To each his own.

#577 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:36 PM

Add me to SVER: ChernobylCow

OK, after much mental debate I went to Best Buy and picked this up with $15 off in coupons. I never played either COD MW 1 or 2 but have been playing shooters back when Counter-Strike was in beta. I feel pretty glad I picked this up over MW2 and I only got this simply because my trade for MW2 fell through, anyways.

I played last day of beta as SVER and had a little fun. Then I started a VALOR char yesterday to level 8 and had no problems except that their "theme song" is terrible. Too "twangy" and southern with its guitar, this is coming from a Texan. So I got my GF to go through each of the factions aesthetically and she decided I should play SVER simply because:
a) better aesthetic unlocks (masks are much better than glasses and goggles. Raven's unlocks are weak as hell)
b) much better theme song when you rack up some kills

I preferred the Valor weapons but I don't care if everyone "seems to be choosing SVER" to play as. Anyways, I'm having fun. Look me up on PSN if you want to play.

#578 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:49 PM

I sit really close to my ps3, so I picked up a Rocketfish wired headset from best buy. Its basically the same as the wired headset that comes with 360's, if you're familiar with it. It was only $20, and it has worked perfectly for the last week or so that I've had it.

Looks good dude, get one in a couple of days.

#579 phillyphill39

phillyphill39

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2010 - 08:01 PM

add me im on valor. phillyphill is my psn name.

#580 the_grimace

the_grimace

It's Wondiferous!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:40 AM

:( got kicked from my first match today for no reason at all! I was having a damn good round. Was playing defender on domination as squad leader and I was tearing it up. Was up to 600 points in only 12 or so minutes, and things were flowing great. I was having a lot of luck with my mortar as I was getting lke 7 or 8 kills with it everytime.

anyway, out of nowhere I saw the vote to kick thing pop up and it was for me. I was like WTF! I didn't team kill anyone, even with my mortars, and I was literally going out of my way to revive people. but it filled up to 5/5 faster then I ever seen and BAM. booted.

I think I play good as squad leader too, and I havent had any complaints so far, and if anyone here i played with disagrees, tell me because I love the poisition and want to get better.

But man oh man was i pissed. I would have probably finished that round at 1500 some points.... I think they were just jealous that I was getting so many kills or points. I think the next best point total to my 600 in the squad was someone with 180

#581 jlarlee

jlarlee

Tigers love pepper.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:06 AM

Man I dunno if I'm better on SVER or if my beta experience helped but I ranked up quicker. I'm 15 points short of level 9 and I only played 2 hours. Quick question if i unlock the more healing perk do I get more experience points for healing folks?
Posted Image

#582 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:18 AM

yea 10 points with a chance at 10 FRAGO bonus points, but that is for bring people back to life.

#583 enufs8d

enufs8d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:18 AM

Man I dunno if I'm better on SVER or if my beta experience helped but I ranked up quicker. I'm 15 points short of level 9 and I only played 2 hours. Quick question if i unlock the more healing perk do I get more experience points for healing folks?

depends on how injured they are.

you get 10 xp pts for revive. if theyre low on health, your blue puff will give an initial bonus. if that doesnt completely heal them, then they will slowly regenerate health. and you get bonuses for additional effects.

#584 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:28 AM

You also get double if it's near an objective. I got a ton of XP and the 2nd place player of the match due to making great using of my medical kit in a defense sabotage map as Valor, which I did okay on K/D ratio.

I also killed a teammate in that match because they pinned me in the corner of the room we needed to defend when a SVER player came in and I used my knife to kill both of them. I hate the limitations of physically moving around when a teammate is near me.

#585 the_grimace

the_grimace

It's Wondiferous!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:29 AM

WTF!!!! got kicked a second time as squad leader! the round only started and there was already a vote to kick me. it would keep getting 2/4 right away, but some guy initiated it like 4 times so the 4th time around he got 4/4.

this is pissing me off now. both rounds were turning out to be good games for me too.... :(

#586 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:41 AM

If the Recent Players list is updated, write down all of the players from the last match and see if they match up the next time you get kicked. That might help narrow it down to who might be doing it if it's the same people.

#587 enufs8d

enufs8d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:46 AM

:( got kicked from my first match today for no reason at all! I was having a damn good round. Was playing defender on domination as squad leader and I was tearing it up. Was up to 600 points in only 12 or so minutes, and things were flowing great. I was having a lot of luck with my mortar as I was getting lke 7 or 8 kills with it everytime.

anyway, out of nowhere I saw the vote to kick thing pop up and it was for me. I was like WTF! I didn't team kill anyone, even with my mortars, and I was literally going out of my way to revive people. but it filled up to 5/5 faster then I ever seen and BAM. booted.

I think I play good as squad leader too, and I havent had any complaints so far, and if anyone here i played with disagrees, tell me because I love the poisition and want to get better.

But man oh man was i pissed. I would have probably finished that round at 1500 some points.... I think they were just jealous that I was getting so many kills or points. I think the next best point total to my 600
in the squad was someone with 180

maybe they were jealous. i was squad leader defending sver sabotage base. but its sver sabotage. so i was busy spawn camping for my grim reaper, silver bullet and combat machine gun ribbons. halfway through, i got a vote to kick me. wtf? whats a SL supposed to do in sabo? set a fargo point that is already set? i was worried that my 20 kills wouldn't have counted. eventually, the attacking squad overwhelmed A. i sneaked around and entered through the front steps and got them all. you need shooters to retake a checkpoint. by chance, i happened to look at everyone's stats. no one else had double digit kills except the PL. so the PL might have been the one that initiated the kick.

so im surprised that you kicked. youre a great player and probably a good SL. ive been in a few games where we couldn't get enough votes to kick the SL. these SL would never set a frago. i suspect most people dont know how to kick, despite being told the instructions many times over voice.

#588 jlarlee

jlarlee

Tigers love pepper.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:24 AM

yea 10 points with a chance at 10 FRAGO bonus points, but that is for bring people back to life.

yea I already unlocked healing others and resuscitation I'm talking about opening the next tier that makes your healing stronger. You get XP in direct relation to how many points get healed right?
Posted Image

#589 Supplice

Supplice

Popcorn.gif

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:27 AM

Another reason for the whole kicking SL thing. It is common for clans or a group of friends to kick out someone they dont know to put their own people in. I've done it a few times myself lol

#590 the_grimace

the_grimace

It's Wondiferous!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:37 AM

Another reason for the whole kicking SL thing. It is common for clans or a group of friends to kick out someone they dont know to put their own people in. I've done it a few times myself lol

thats pretty lame. i really dont care if its me or not.... hell....

#591 Frank Deluded

Frank Deluded

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:48 AM

Yeah, that's one huge flaw with the voting system. I've been experiencing lag on Domination recently. It's either really smooth or really laggy.

#592 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:36 PM

I'm on SVER if anyone wants to add me to a clan or something.

#593 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:45 PM

I'm on SVER if anyone wants to add me to a clan or something.

WOW!, the cheap masters himself on SVER. There is a CAG SVER clan Cheapy, if I can't send out an invite, have enufs8d send you one, I think he's the one who invited me. Great group from what I've seen. We have about 9-10 I believe. But one question Cheapy, since you are in JP, wouldn't your gaming hours be quite different from most of us here in the States?

Now playing: Diablo 3 (360), Lost Planet 3, Saints Row 4, Rayman Legends, Killzone Mercenary, Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm.

#594 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:07 PM

I am fairly certain i am picking this up today.
Cant wait. The updates huge when you first get it?
-Josh

Posted Image
-courtesy of onetrackmind-

TRADE LIST

#595 Scaevola

Scaevola

Blackberry Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:12 PM

You guys are getting me so hyped for this game (so thanks). This almost reminds me of "tribes" the old school pc game. At least the mod's I played on. Everyone does there job to win. It's not all cod4 esk.... Anychance I could get an invite (Sver) as soon as my amazon package arrives! (should have picked standard shipping!)

#596 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:19 PM

I am fairly certain i am picking this up today.
Cant wait. The updates huge when you first get it?

The updates aren't that big really (MBs). On a good connection they take less than 10 minute overall (download and install, at least for me it was). The full game isn't like the beta that had about 2 hours of downloading.

You guys are getting me so hyped for this game (so thanks). This almost reminds me of "tribes" the old school pc game. At least the mod's I played on. Everyone does there job to win. It's not all cod4 esk.... Anychance I could get an invite (Sver) as soon as my amazon package arrives! (should have picked standard shipping!)

Sure, I don't know if we have a limit to the number of members on a clan or group, but can do (but I will let enufs8d or Frank Deluded do that mainly since they are the highest level members on MAG I believe). Definitely a lot more teamwork than on MW2 and such but of course, ya need a mic, love this game really. Add me to PSN if ya want.

#597 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:35 PM

Ok, I went back to the release day to try and make a list of who and who is in what faction (by CAG usernames not PSN). So if your on different faction than you were before then let me know since I had to base most of these by association. Not many people blurted out what faction they were on. Anyway, maybe it would be better to for those to add one another in each faction. I'll pretty this up later.

I like it. Still sad to see that no one is playing Raven still though.

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#598 Supplice

Supplice

Popcorn.gif

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:46 PM

Ok, updated Roster list. Should I post this from time to time so new people see it or keep it as a sig link? I was kind of afraid if I had as a sig, no one would click.

Also

MAG Patch v1.01a
300Kb

Graphics
* Resolved issue that caused banding and/or artifacts in the sky.
Server
* Server performance enhancements with a focus on reducing lag issues.
* Lowered chances of encountering 5:5 errors
* Added additional statistics-focused servers
* Added additional servers for Japan.
* Reduces the amount of time after a game finishes before stats post to account.

=====
magcopyk.gif

backgroundhd2.jpg

Valor
-----------
Soodmeg
SteveMcQ
FriskyTankuki
fizzywix
sky03
fatmanforlife99
drbutchevil
phillyphill39

magwp07hd.jpg

Raven
-------------
Layd Dly
knightsdwn
whoknows
african redbush

21cyzpd.jpg

S.V.E.R.
---------------
Frank Deluded
enufs8d
seanr1221
Kandal
nightmare452
the_grimace
Romis
Shoki
ChernobylCow
CheapyD
Harley-tj
skams00

#599 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:57 PM

So whats everyones reason for choosing their faction? Backstory, weapons, friends, looks, what?

I will be reading a bit of the backstorys again when i get this and I typically like to be on a somewhat of an underdog team, as I hate having things just handed to me due to overpowering the other teams, with weapons or sheer size.
-Josh

Posted Image
-courtesy of onetrackmind-

TRADE LIST

#600 Supplice

Supplice

Popcorn.gif

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:11 PM

So whats everyones reason for choosing their faction? Backstory, weapons, friends, looks, what?

I initially picked Raven because I am an Armored Core veteran. Then I got veteran status with my clan and we moved to Valor for a "challenge."