Blast Works: Build, Trade & Destroy $19.99 Gamestop online and B&M

It's been tempting while listed at $29.99 at Blockbuster, this is infinitely moreso. Perhaps I'll grab it once I get around to wrapping up Okami.

[quote name='schuerm26']You sure it's 19.99 in store? I just got back from a Gamestop and I am remembering it saying 17.99.

Could be wrong though.[/quote]

You probably saw a used copy.

..which is pretty impressive, because I didn't think anyone had bought this game.

[quote name='Scorch']You probably saw a used copy.

..which is pretty impressive, because I didn't think anyone had bought this game.[/quote]

Yeah it was used. I didn't realize the OP was talking about new.

[quote name='Chronis']I'm hoping for a Wii games coupon from GS this week. Blastworks, Castle Shikigami 3, Zack & Wiki, oh my![/QUOTE]

Just remember that Z&W is $7.98 at TRU and I've seen a never-ending supply. They had them early last week and still had them Monday when I went in. YMMV of course - but it is worth checking out if you didn't know about that ;).

[quote name='botticus']It's been tempting while listed at $29.99 at Blockbuster, this is infinitely moreso. Perhaps I'll grab it once I get around to wrapping up Okami.[/QUOTE]

I snagged it without hesitation at Blockbuster when they had it mispriced at $29.99. Note that they have since put stickers over the cases bumping it back up to the $39.99 MSRP. Like Boom Blox, though, this game should have been a $19.99 title...

[quote name='io']Just remember that Z&W is $7.98 at TRU and I've seen a never-ending supply. They had them early last week and still had them Monday when I went in. YMMV of course - but it is worth checking out if you didn't know about that ;).[/quote]

Right! I forgot about that. Thanks Io. I know my TRU did have them once since I bought one for my cousin back during the Wii game B2G1F sale. Hopefully they still have some.

[quote name='blackbird3216']BTW, what's Castle Shikigami 3[/quote]

It's a vertical shooter/shmup. Not everyone's cup of tea so if you're interested, just look it up on IGN.

I'll probably stop by Gamestop to check this game out. I've been wanting to get it because I heard so many positive reviews yet no monies.

Still check it out if you love shmups.

I picked this up at release for $40 w/ free $10 GC at Circuit City. For $20, I'd heartily recommend it. It's particularly a blast (har, har) in co-op when you have no clue what the fuck is going on because of all the stuck-on ships/guns and bullets filling up the whole screen.

[quote name='botticus']It's been tempting while listed at $29.99 at Blockbuster, this is infinitely moreso. Perhaps I'll grab it once I get around to wrapping up Okami.[/QUOTE]

i agree....glad i held out.....thanks for the info donnums

I picked this up for $30 at Blockbuster at launch. The game is pretty awesome, though it's definitely not for everybody. If you're looking for something new, go for it! Also, there's already loads of user created content available for download (new ships, levels, bullet patterns, etc.). You can even unlock the company's previous shooters as you progress through the main campaign.

Reeaally glad I didn't pick this up at $40 when it came out. I was pretty close.

Io, I heartily disagree that Boom Blox should have been a $19.99 game when it came out. There is a ton of stuff to do in that game, and it must have taken a lot of time/energy/manpower to perfect the physics and control mechanisms. I wouldn't mind SEEING it at $19.99, but it seems like a pretty well fleshed-out game to me.

is this game fairly structured out of the box, or does it depend almost entirely on creating your own stuff/downloading other peoples?

i love the option to rebuild the game, but at the same time i need a structured experience or i'll never get into it. that's what killed audiosurf for me..

[quote name='mykee98']it showed up for 17.09 used on gamefly. just picked this up with $5 off coupon. thanks for the heads up OP!!!![/QUOTE]

What $5 off coupon do you speak of? I'd love to get this game for $12.

I just bought this on my local Gamestop. Yep, got it for 20$. Good deal to what seems to be a great shooter and level creator. (and I thought I would never buy another Wii game after Nintendo's E3 showing)

It's definitely an awesome game. This was the price point I've been waiting for because I know no one would buy the damn thing.

BlastWorks Depot

^Just in case people want to check out the creations...some great stuff on there!

[quote name='Donnums']It's definitely an awesome game. This was the price point I've been waiting for because I know no one would buy the damn thing.

BlastWorks Depot

^Just in case people want to check out the creations...some great stuff on there![/QUOTE]

Wow, that's some remarkable stuff... this holiday is going to be awesome for user content between GH:WT and LBP.

OK. In a GoogleMaps-powered misadventure that led me in the wrong direction and doubled the amount of time it took to get there, I got the only sealed copy of Blast Works w/i a 30 mile radius (luckily, it was at one of the closer GSes...which I called last for some reason).

FTW? Not sure, I haven't calculated how much the scenic route cost in fuel.

picked up a copy while i was over at the mall getting lunch today, at one of the *two* Gamestops that are ridiculously placed not only in the same mall, but in the same exact spot on both floors... literally stacked up. Would have preffered to save a couple bucks on a used one but i only found it new.. didn't feel like going downstairs and risk that one not having it all, then having to go back up.

[quote name='dcswirl']Just checked amazon-it's $19.99 there as well.[/quote]Actually, Amazon is still selling it for $39.99. J&R is selling it through Amazon for $19.99. So maybe not a universal price-drop after all. Best Buy and Circuit City still have it at full price as well.

If it goes back up at GS, that'll make me feel better about going to all the trouble to get that sealed copy. :)

[quote name='snipegod']What $5 off coupon do you speak of? I'd love to get this game for $12.[/quote]

its the 5 dollar coupon you get for being a member for a certain amount of time. i think its every 3 months.

[quote name='eugaet']Actually, Amazon is still selling it for $39.99. J&R is selling it through Amazon for $19.99. So maybe not a universal price-drop after all. Best Buy and Circuit City still have it at full price as well.

If it goes back up at GS, that'll make me feel better about going to all the trouble to get that sealed copy. :)[/quote]

maybe it's a pending drop and EB/GS went through with it a little early to get the jump on the bigger retailers

[quote name='smoger']maybe it's a pending drop and EB/GS went through with it a little early to get the jump on the bigger retailers[/quote]Well, I did say maybe it wasn't a uni price-drop. That, of course, implies that maybe it still is. :whistle2:k

[quote name='eugaet']Well, I did say maybe it wasn't a uni price-drop. That, of course, implies that maybe it still is. :whistle2:k[/quote]

i know,.. just throwing out some guesses :)

[quote name='smoger']i know,.. just throwing out some guesses :)[/quote]I know...me, too. :lol:

A majority of the GSes around here have one new copy each...but it's their gutted display copy. The one in Broken Arrow does not have any. Not sure about used, I was only looking for new. Just in case any NE Okie CAGs are reading this tread.

Went ahead and bit at this one, gonna open 'er up here in a few and give it a shot. Looks to be real fun between the four main games and the metric assload of user-created content that should keep me entertained for a damn long while.

Thanks to the OP for the heads up!

It should be a universal drop fairly soon. I work at CC and I notice a lot of out drops match up with Gamestop within a week or two; pick them up while you can! I was waiting for this one used but the three stores in my area NEVER had one. At CC we got 4 copies and I was surprised to see that 3 were sold!

bread's done
Back