Photo
- - - - -

The Eternal EB/GS 10% off Used Games & Accessories Coupon - IT'S DEAD JIM!

• Please log in to reply
473 replies to this topic

#61 lwelyk

lwelyk

Everyone is connected...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:36 PM

You just had a moronic employee. A simple "just try it" usually works for me when the employees don't know.
Posted Image
I Don't Even - Bad Movie night IRC. Every Wednesday at 10 Eastern/9 Central.

#62 Kojubat

Kojubat

Not a Pokémon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2008 - 03:29 AM

Another option is to just advise him to help the next customer while you call the customer service phone number from your cell. If they don't balk at that, handing over the cell so the customer support person can advise them on how to do things correctly usually does the job.

#63 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2008 - 12:45 PM

So wait, do we have do present anything? or just show them the promotional code?
Tradelist
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 5155-4755-9214

#64 Chocolatejas

Chocolatejas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2008 - 12:59 PM

Copy and paste the full email to a word doc. Has worked for me at 4 different stores without any questions.
PS3 80GB | 19 games | Wii | 7 games | PSP | 7 games | 49 BR | PSN ID: Chocolatejas

Posted Image

#65 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2008 - 01:11 PM

Copy and paste the full email to a word doc. Has worked for me at 4 different stores without any questions.

You mean print this one?

http://img294.images...gamestopnr2.jpg

at the bottom it says texas, but i live in florida :p.
will they check for that?
Tradelist

#66 Xfactor4

Xfactor4

Come and get some

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2008 - 05:01 PM

You mean print this one?

http://img294.images...gamestopnr2.jpg

at the bottom it says texas, but i live in florida :p.
will they check for that?

#1. That image you have linked at imageshack is the EXPIRED coupon and promo code e-mail. See the OP for the current one that expires at the end of the month. :)

#2. The Texas address is Corporate or ".com" headquarters address so that address is irrelevant to where you use the coupon. ;)

#67 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2008 - 05:06 PM

haha all right thanks
Tradelist

#68 Xfactor4

Xfactor4

Come and get some

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2008 - 05:11 PM

He was seriously yelling at me and cutting me off, "your not listening!" There was a kid and his mom there behind me and I was the one apologizing to them. I was seriously shocked by his behavior, so I got out of there as fast as I could.

I guess that serves me for going beyond my usual Gamestop lol. Their HQ is down the street from me and I know some suits there though I'm not sure what to do yet. Not the place to discuss that though, but thanks for clearing things up for me.

#1. EDGE ALWAYS STACKS with ALL OFFERS ! PERIOD ! ALL THE TIME ! and EVERY employee usually knows it. This guy is either brand new or just an ahole as mentioned.

#2. You need to make a MAJOR complaint against this guy. He was not only completely UNPROFESSIONAL and RUDE but 100% wrong on EDGE stacking with coupons. You can do it by responding to the feedback survey as identified on the bottom of your receipt (I think it is online or a phone call)

#3. As others have said, Call the store and ask who the District manager is and you would like the phone number to reach him for a complaint or issue.

#4. FINALLY, you need to take your purchase you made with your receipt and another brand new printed coupon and go to a different Gamestop (or your favorite one) and they can fix it by re-ringing up the transaction as a return and immediate repurchase with the coupon discount STACKED with Edge the way it should have been in the beginning.

Good luck ! Drive the bus over that guy ! He deserves it ! Gamestop is stressing more emphesis on customer service (I am told) at a management level so back that bus up and drive forward and backwards a few times !

LOL... :lol:

#69 Xfactor4

Xfactor4

Come and get some

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2008 - 05:19 PM

haha all right thanks

;) You're welcome ! As to which one you need to print out to use the coupon, I would recommend the MIDDLE image in the OP, the one titled COUPON WITH CASHIER INSTRUCTIONS. That one works best since if you just print the skinny coupon by itself, I have idiot GS employees SOMETIMES say that since there is no BARCODE on the coupon, that they cannot accept it.(Of course stores where I am a regular at use it just find since the VALID EBC code is all that matters)

Also, if you print the full email message/coupon (the full page print), then you have to possibly worry about the http address at the top of the page or worry about the print out being properly formatted for an email sent to YOU and all that crap.

Coupon with Cashier instructions printed out and tightly cut out works perfect 100%.

Enjoy. These 10% off coupons(+ another 10% for EDGE of course) have saved me so much money its crazy, especially back when I was flipping without a weekly 20% off plus newsletter coupon.

#70 lwelyk

lwelyk

Everyone is connected...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:55 AM

Sad when I know more about how to handle transactions than the employee does. >_>
Posted Image

#71 Xfactor4

Xfactor4

Come and get some

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:05 AM

Sad when I know more about how to handle transactions than the employee does. >_>

Its ok. Sometimes we have to train them or hold their hand as we walk them through the proper procedure. :lol:

#72 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:15 PM

Its ok. Sometimes we have to train them or hold their hand as we walk them through the proper procedure. :lol:

The problem with that is (A) He wouldn't let me speak/explain how he might do it (and yes I printed out the whole email just in case too since it was a store I never visit lol) and (B) turns out he was the manager!

Like I said, I know some suits at corporate pretty well. One was the manager of a store here a long time ago and I befriended him then. I actually opened up my phone to call him while in the store, but decided to just cut my loses and move on. Don't like asking for favors or special treatment, why I came here instead. But when I saw him later on I brought it up, he sighed and he said they have had a lot of issues with that store already so he wasn't surprised.

I suggested that they put more contact information up in problem stores, or even all of them to make it easier for customers to complain because not everyone has access to certain people like I might. There are ways to do it but I think that if they made it more visible then maybe the workers would be more inclined to be more professional.

2ic4l5j.jpg

#73 smackattack

smackattack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:25 AM

used the coupon successfully today in la mirada ca. Friendly girl at the register didnt recognize it, but read the instructions and typed it in and it worked.
Thanks OP

#74 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:25 AM

I hope there's one of these on the 31st so I can use it on Mercs 2.

#75 lwelyk

lwelyk

Everyone is connected...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2008 - 03:45 PM

I hope there's one of these on the 31st so I can use it on Mercs 2.

only works on USED games.
Posted Image

#76 Guttersnipe

Guttersnipe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:13 PM

So this can still be used today amirite? Because I'm about to head over there and buy 5 GC games.

edit
just called the store. nope it won't :/

Edited by Guttersnipe, 29 August 2008 - 06:08 PM.

#77 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:02 AM

So this can still be used today amirite? Because I'm about to head over there and buy 5 GC games.

edit
just called the store. nope it won't :/

Just go there and ask them to follow the instructions on the coupon. They've probably havent heard of the coupon and are denying it over the phone on that fact.

Nothing to see here, move along!

#78 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 01:46 AM

never got around to using this =( now it's expired
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK | Steam: djfakey
i5-2500k@4.2Ghz; MSI 660Ti PE/OC Ed.

#79 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 01:50 AM

never got around to using this =( now it's expired

It'll be reborn...as in there will be a new one soon hopefully.

Nothing to see here, move along!

#80 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 05:22 PM

only works on USED games.

Oh right...I forgot they changed it to used only.

Oh well.

#81 svt1029

svt1029

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 07:22 PM

anyone have a new one?

#82 lwelyk

lwelyk

Everyone is connected...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 07:27 PM

It hasn't updated yet, so we'll have to work at possibly getting a new one...
Posted Image

#83 Supermarius

Supermarius

Posted 31 August 2008 - 05:59 PM

Here is the new one. It's good until the 12th. I'll put it here. someone else can make a fancy new thread for it :P
Posted Image

#84 Purkeynator

Purkeynator

Cheap before it was cool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2008 - 06:09 PM

Thank you Supermarius
trade list (mostly guides with a few boxes and manuals)
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=44132

#85 nonametofame

nonametofame

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2008 - 06:21 PM

Great, thanks Supermarius. It's nice to see they've added a bar code now.

#86 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2008 - 08:49 PM

I'm inept (I admit it), would someone please provide an image of just the coupon to save printing?

My stores only require the coupon portion.

Thank you in advance...

#87 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2008 - 10:01 PM

thank you thank you! I just went about bought a game today so I will be returning and re-using this coupon, thanks a bunch, save me a couple dollars lol =D

#88 whymustiregister

whymustiregister

Coupon PDF Maker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2008 - 10:01 PM

Yay barcode. Anyway here's a new PDF with 6 coupons per page. :)

http://www.badongo.com/file/11139266

#89 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2008 - 10:03 PM

and thank you whymustiregister, will print and use for sure =D

#90 lwelyk

lwelyk

Everyone is connected...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2008 - 01:04 AM

Here is the new one. It's good until the 12th. I'll put it here. someone else can make a fancy new thread for it :P
Posted Image

Wow. New look. Can you forward me the e-mail? Or give me the HTML for it?
Posted Image