Dead or Alive Ultimate only $24.99 at Best Buy.

buster90

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I know there is already a thread about next weeks sales but for those who missed it Best Buy or didn't see it BB is selling DOA Ultimate Xbox for $30 minus $5 GGC makes it only $24.99.

Sales starts tomorrow. $25 is a steal for this game!

[quote name='Scorch']

Yeah, it's an okay deal for $25.. it's not too great on Live.. and I'm not sure why "Dream On" plays in the opening FMV...[/quote]

What? It's DAMN AWESOME on Live.

[quote name='Scorch']

Yeah, it's an okay deal for $25.. it's not too great on Live.. and I'm not sure why "Dream On" plays in the opening FMV...[/quote]

You're kidding. DoA:U is how online fighting should be done.

:shock: That's a very good price. I'll be sure to pick this up within the next couple days since I'd rather pay $25 now than wait almost a year for it to be $20. Plus...

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

[quote name='sj41']:shock: That's a very good price. I'll be sure to pick this up within the next couple days since I'd rather pay $25 now than wait almost a year for it to be $20. Plus...

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:[/quote]

Make sure you put your age as 99 in the options! :wink:

oh so its a Limited Collectors Edition unlike STar Ocean or KOF MI for PS2? What exactly does the Limited DOA Ult package contain btw?

[quote name='Mishimaryu']oh so its a Limited Collectors Edition unlike STar Ocean or KOF MI for PS2? What exactly does the Limited DOA Ult package contain btw?[/quote]

I think you get the org. DOA game with it. Not for sure what else though.

I've been waiting on this game to drop, and this is a excellent price now.

[quote name='AzN_BaLLeR']What exactly is in the double set?[/quote]

You get a port of the Sega Saturn version of Dead or Alive 1 (which is also online if that interests you) in its own DVD case, and the remade DOA2 online in its own case too. The two cases are put together in a cardboard sleeve identical to the KOF: Maximum Impact one.

Btw, good deal on the game, but I got it @ Meijer through the B1G1 50% off deal so I kinda got it for the same price.

a couple of you have said the online play is good right? all the reviews i've read mention horrible lag....
who do i believe ?!?!?!/1

[quote name='RaekwonThaChef']a couple of you have said the online play is good right? all the reviews i've read mention horrible lag....
who do i believe ?!?!?!/1[/quote]

depends i guess, i remeber hearing horrible things about the lag in guilty gear but when i ended up getting it in the b2g1 i only had a few lag problems so i guess it all depends on your connection. might be a rental first

[quote name='Scorch']

I think the creators have a thing for Aerosmith, their music is in DOA3 too.

I'm considering getting the game myself despite not having the card at Best Buy. I rented the game and although I feel it's good, it's way too much like DOA2, plus I don't have Live anymore. DOA2 was good gameplay for its time, but feels a little dated compared to DOA3. The graphics though are much improved and the newly designed courses are great, but the same old gameplay is intact. I'll think about it more.

[quote name='Samurai T']I'm considering getting the game myself despite not having the card at Best Buy. I rented the game and although I feel it's good, it's way too much like DOA2, plus I don't have Live anymore. DOA2 was good gameplay for its time, but feels a little dated compared to DOA3. The graphics though are much improved and the newly designed courses are great, but the same old gameplay is intact. I'll think about it more.[/quote]

it's a remixed and updated version of DOA2, and a port of the original DOA. it isn't meant to be a brand new game, it's an excuse to port DOA and DOA2 to yet another console, but this time with online support thrown in.

i have enough versions of DOA.as tempting as new costumes and a new character might be, i'll still pass on it.

We don't really get discounts at bestbuy, its the price of what bestbuy pays for it and 5 % off that. Some items we don't get any discount at all. Items on sale we usually don't get anything off.

[quote name='rawisjericho']Would this game appeal to someone who isn't a hardcore fighter fan?[/quote]Did you see my post above? :wink:

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

I just picked it up for $25 at BB. DOA 1 and 2 for that price is a good deal. I haven't played the DOA series yet so this should be a good introduction.

[quote name='Gameboy415'][quote name='AzN_BaLLeR']What exactly is in the double set?[/quote]

You get a port of the Sega Saturn version of Dead or Alive 1 (which is also online if that interests you) in its own DVD case, and the remade DOA2 online in its own case too. The two cases are put together in a cardboard sleeve identical to the KOF: Maximum Impact one.[/quote]

Isn't the Xbox version of Dead or Alive, a port from the arcade? I don't think it's a Sega Saturn port?...

[quote name='SEGA128DC'][quote name='Gameboy415'][quote name='AzN_BaLLeR']What exactly is in the double set?[/quote]

You get a port of the Sega Saturn version of Dead or Alive 1 (which is also online if that interests you) in its own DVD case, and the remade DOA2 online in its own case too. The two cases are put together in a cardboard sleeve identical to the KOF: Maximum Impact one.[/quote]

Isn't the Xbox version of Dead or Alive, a port from the arcade? I don't think it's a Sega Saturn port?...[/quote]

From what I've read it's the Saturn version that was never released in the States

Just picked this up at BB today, thanks OP

[quote name='JunkyardGod'][quote name='Samurai T']I'm considering getting the game myself despite not having the card at Best Buy. I rented the game and although I feel it's good, it's way too much like DOA2, plus I don't have Live anymore. DOA2 was good gameplay for its time, but feels a little dated compared to DOA3. The graphics though are much improved and the newly designed courses are great, but the same old gameplay is intact. I'll think about it more.[/quote]

it's a remixed and updated version of DOA2, and a port of the original DOA. it isn't meant to be a brand new game, it's an excuse to port DOA and DOA2 to yet another console, but this time with online support thrown in.

i have enough versions of DOA.as tempting as new costumes and a new character might be, i'll still pass on it.[/quote]It's more than an excuse of a port, bro. Maybe you should play it before you sound a chill tone on it. Some gamers thought DOA3 controls made it more of a masher, and the DOA2 controls reward learning blocks and combos. It's a helluva game, especially on Live.

I had my mom pick this up for me at BB. Played through the story with Bass on normal. Then I tried the story mode with Tina and got my ass kicked. I'm going to have to learn how to block/counter in this game.

This game is definately worth $24.99. Get in on this deal!

I'm going to get this game because its a good addition to my collection of already DoA 3 and Xtreme Beach Volleyball, which I bought for $4.99 each (DoA 3 at Best Buy 1 year ago with help of $5 off PH coupon, and XBV at the CC $5 "clearance" during the summer.

Crazy busy weekend, so I didn't even get to check the BB ads yet. This is an AWESOME deal, thanks for posting! I will be all over this. The LIVE interface really has my excited... from what I've read it sounds like it goes all out to replicate the arcade ambience of yore. The room-based match system is an awesome idea!

i tried to get it for $25, but the bestbuy I went to didn't do the save $5 whne you use a gift card deal. I got it for $30, which is still a great price.

[quote name='Sylent Khaos']i tried to get it for $25, but the bestbuy I went to didn't do the save $5 whne you use a gift card deal. I got it for $30, which is still a great price.[/quote]

Funny, you should have been able to use it. I was using it on KH: CoM for GBA last week and used this week for DOA:U with no problem.

Anybody think my BB still has GGC left? Its a long drive to get to BB and wanted to know if you guys thought it was worth running to BB?

Can someone scan the ad for me real quick so I can print it out and price match at Meijer? I'm leaving to go here in a few mins.

[quote name='ReggAe']just go www.bestbuy.com then check weekly ad ...
wht u watting?[/quote]
But when I print it out its quality is horrible and you can barely read it because the picture is so small. If someone can give me a link to a higher quality ad I would appriciate it.

the lag is really overexaagerated...but it seems like a few people can't get a decent connection on DOA:U for the life of them...rent it first to make sure. Doubt there are any left at BB though, cause that's a hot deal for yet another amazing Team Ninja game!

[quote name='Rozz']If you dont buy this, I will be very dissapointed in you. Its a must own, and I dont even have Xbox Live![/quote]
Rozz is the man.

[quote name='Rozz']If you dont buy this, I will be very dissapointed in you. Its a must own, and I dont even have Xbox Live![/quote]

How is this a must own? I liked DOA 1 and 2, but I won't be buying this, much like I didn't buy DOA3, because they really never changed much.

Does BB do rainchecks if they run out of an on-sale title? No Target substitution shenanigans this time, I really do want the game in question!

bread's done
Back