Contest (CAG Foreplay #50): Win Shipwreck's E3 Swag

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
92 replies to this topic

#31 CozmoKhan

CozmoKhan

Go Blackhawks!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:12 PM

Wii Music! More instruments than Rock Band, Rock Band 2 and all incarnations of Guitar Hero combined! Wii Music FTW!

#32 FrEaKsHoW

FrEaKsHoW

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:37 PM

I was excited to see Left 4 Dead, and Dead Space. Great looking games.
Posted Image

#33 Jest

Jest

Take this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:48 PM

Little Big Planet. The enemies and some of the stuff they were doing looks amazing.

#34 NATO_Duke

NATO_Duke

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:59 PM

I'm pretty excited for MAG and Fable!

#35 Tezuka0

Tezuka0

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:06 PM

the game that really impressed me at E3 was resistance 2. what really stood out to me was the stunning graphics, and the scale of the enemies which resembles the scale of the enemies used in shadow of the colossus and gears of war 2. there were a lot of very good games that were presented at e3, but resistance 2 takes the #1 spot out of the whole e3 show.

#36 zerowing

zerowing

makiri ♥

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:06 PM

Netflix on the 360 is what gets me all tingly inside.
Brawl Friend Code: 0860-2941-1088 PAUL

#37 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:41 PM

Looking forward to Mirror's Edge

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#38 thadwhit

thadwhit

Cheap Shit Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 12:11 AM

Street Fighter IV :applause:

#39 Naneo

Naneo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:27 AM

Fallout 3, that is definitely a winner. If not, the world is already done.

#40 WildWorld

WildWorld

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:07 AM

Resident Evil 5 blew me away. I never really looked much into it before E3, but it's showing there made me go out and reserve it directly after watching its performance. Simply breathtaking, to say the least.

Posted Image

#41 Rusty Ghia

Rusty Ghia

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:13 AM

I'm always glad to see more of Dead Space, and I was nicely surprised by Left 4 Dead. I had written it off as multi-player fluff, but it actually looks fun.
"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Bixby Snyder

#42 Treehouse Gamer

Treehouse Gamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:35 AM

Without a doubt, Mirror's Edge is the new hotness. Mirror's Edge is this year's Skate. With so many awesome unique experiences from EA, it undoubtedly astounds me that EA and Activision have done such a big flip-flop role reversal. I am genuinely excited about almost every EA title coming out whereas Activision's offerings (except MUA2) are looking rather meh. Kudos to Riccitellio (or however you spell it).
Mr. House
CAG Foreplay's PC guy
Posted Image
Currently playing: League of Legends

Pile of Shame: Ouch.

On Order: Nothing. Really.

#43 Treehouse Gamer

Treehouse Gamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:46 AM

I was actually wowed by Mirrors Edge as well. Additional surprise factor that such a thing could come from an EA studio.

I actually thought this was pretty funny. EA developed Skate last year and will be putting out Battlefield Heroes, Dead Space, Mercenaries 2, Dragon Age (hopefully?), and LotR: Conquest this year. They'll also be publishing Rock Band 2 and Left 4 Dead. If I'm not mistaken, EA is the new star player in the videogame world. Now, if they could just get off their asses and make some good use of the Bullfrog and Origin licenses, we'll be set.

Sidenote: DICE, BioWare and Pandemic are owned by EA and are thus "EA studios."
Mr. House
CAG Foreplay's PC guy
Posted Image

#44 Treehouse Gamer

Treehouse Gamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:57 AM

Oh, and in case you're wondering, my moneyhat is a size 7 3/8.
Mr. House
CAG Foreplay's PC guy
Posted Image

#45 Loonknight

Loonknight

Dirk The Daring

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:11 AM

I'd have to say Little Big Planet. It just keeps getting better and better each time I see it and I can't wait to create levels for it and costumes and such. Resistance 2 is a very close 2nd for me.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Raise your bananas ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

#46 NateWhs152

NateWhs152

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:26 AM

Fable 2. Only because I loved the first one so much, really the E3 coverage was half assed at best. E3 wise I would say Lego Batman looks much better then one could have thought

#47 AkariK

AkariK

マスタースパーク

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:20 AM

Resident Evil 5. Ahhh yes....

#48 masterdaddy

masterdaddy

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:31 AM

ya brother

#49 JadedJedi

JadedJedi

Posted 01 August 2008 - 12:18 PM

Rock Band 2
Posted Image Posted Image

#50 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 12:42 PM

Oh boy this is a tough one. Well, I think it's a toss up between Fable 2, Fallout 3, and Mirrors Edge, but since I was already excited about Fable 2 and Fallout 3, I'll give my vote to Mirror's Edge. The graphics look unbelievable, the story sounds interesting, and I'm really excited to try the simplistic first person platforming mechanics that almost sound puzzlish, like Portal.

Posted Image

#51 Kojubat

Kojubat

Not a Pokémon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:19 PM

Fallout 3, because it had sort of fallen off my radar with the lack of specifics beyond the original trailer. No longer.

#52 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:29 PM

final fantasy XIII because I was expecting to be able to play it before E3.

#53 itlnstln

itlnstln

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:10 PM

Fallout 3!!!

#54 slimeknight8

slimeknight8

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:04 PM

I would say the motionplus can't wait for a true sword/lightsaber game to come out hopefully from Soul Caliber team. A game actually shown would be Fallout 3, exploding heads never get tiring.

#55 Black Edge

Black Edge

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:21 PM

I would say for me it's Little Big Planet. I'm a sucker for level editing, especially an editor that works so smoothly.

Aside from that what surprised me is how many quirky and interesting titles are coming to the PlayStation Network. Who would have thought that (for me at least) the best part of gaming on the PS3 would be the original download only titles?

#56 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:22 PM

LittleBigPlanet. Though Shipwreck was asleep during the Sony press conference the PowerPoint presentation level showed how versatile the game was and that just confirmed that I'll be picking it up in October.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#57 hoho-jijo

hoho-jijo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:38 PM

I was amazed that they included the co-op play in resident evil 5. Although I must say some of those moves looked like a single player could have done tham... climbing a tiny wall for example. Still, on my pre-order list as of the E3 show.

#58 Mr.Unger

Mr.Unger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:23 PM

Postal 3. Game of Show. No Question... Just kidding. Though I'm torn between Fallout 3, Mercenaries 2, and The Force Unleashed, the pedigree vote goes to Mercenaries 2 (also because it's coming out the soonest). Nothing can compare to wreaking havok in the original, raining down hellfire from the sky, and that's just with PS2 graphics/capabilities. That first coop nuke will be bliss.
Laugh, and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.

#59 DarkKnightCecil

DarkKnightCecil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 11:11 PM

The Wii finally getting voice chat and a GTA coming to the DS
:wii:-Super Smash Bros. Brawl (VC:Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time *slowly but surely*)
:ds:-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon:Explorers of Darkness (pretty much recruiting and Wi-Fi rescues now)/ The World Ends With You.
:gba:-Metroid Fusion (2nd time)

#60 Joshe

Joshe

Posted 01 August 2008 - 11:49 PM

im gonna have to say mirrors edge. it looks amazing. i dont know if this counts but i saw the teaser for "i am alive" and wow that lookes awesome