Photo
- - - - -

GS/EB Ad w/ Coupon 40% Extra Trade-in Credit Toward Madden 09 Reserve (til 08/10/08)

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#31 UjnHunter

UjnHunter

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:07 PM

not sure about MK Wii, but it sells for $39.99, at least that's what my copy said. I paid 30% less then that tho. ;) boy do I miss that 20% off used games & accessories coupon... stacked with edge... mmm... my wallet is not missing it tho! anyone know that trade in values of Elite Beat Agents, Custom Robo, Splinter Cell Wii & Zack & Wiki?
-Ujn Hunter
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
PS3: Dead Or Alive 5
PSP Vita: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Wii U: Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
iOS: After Burner Climax

#32 mav451

mav451

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:43 PM

Z&W is an abysmal $4 or $5, if I remember my last call to GS. No matter, since with 50% it becomes $7.50!...

Ugh. OTOH, I do have games I bought with the 20% coupon that are too late to return, but (unbelievably) I can trade-in. 30% off at purchase, and 50% plus at trade-in? I'm actually only losing a couple dollars in some cases.

#33 hotpocket

hotpocket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:53 PM

If you trade in more than what Madden is worth, will they just give the rest to you as store credit?

'Cause I got
Mario Kart DS - 18
Pokemon Diamond - 17
FFTA2 - 20
EBA -?
GH2 - 9
RBSV - 7

Figuring EBA is around 7 dollars, this comes out to around $109 with the extra 40% TIC.

Anyone know?

#34 mf44

mf44

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:10 PM

You want to just preorder multiple copies (for your "friend"), and then cancel the preorder a day or two later.

#35 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:15 PM

Sweet....looks like I will trade my Hot Shots Gold (PS3) and Tiger Woods (360) in for Madden. I may have some other garbage to purge.

I already have Madden PS3 coming from Amazon for $50 for the CE (but I would like the 360 version).

Also, doesn't NCAA 09 trade for $30...so if you stack that with the 40%+EDGE they will give you $60 for it? Seems odd....but maybe I will do that and just pick it up again later :)

#36 halvorsb

halvorsb

Um....yeah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:21 PM

Sweet....looks like I will trade my Hot Shots Gold (PS3) and Tiger Woods (360) in for Madden. I may have some other garbage to purge.

I already have Madden PS3 coming from Amazon for $50 for the CE (but I would like the 360 version).

Also, doesn't NCAA 09 trade for $30...so if you stack that with the 40%+EDGE they will give you $60 for it? Seems odd....but maybe I will do that and just pick it up again later :)

NCAA goes for $30, so add 50% ($15) if you've got the edge card and you get $45 which is right around the eBay price.

#37 ryne candy

ryne candy

Duck Duck Duck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:36 PM

Lol... Sell your game(s) using the coupon and Edge card and then ask them to put a $5 reservation and cancel it the next day? Will it really work?:bouncy:

There must be a catch... Somehow.

Nowadays they make you put the whole TIV towards the reservation but you can still get it when you cancel the pre-order.

#38 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:51 PM

Hmmm... I was sort of thinking of getting Madden this year. I wonder if I have enough redundant games around to cover most of the cost.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#39 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:22 PM

Fail.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#40 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:30 PM

NCAA goes for $30, so add 50% ($15) if you've got the edge card and you get $45 which is right around the eBay price.

whoops....my dumb math...oops. $45 is still decent.

#41 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:31 PM

Wow, that means if you truly wanted to be greed you could just trade-in games towards several copies of Madden then just cancel them the next day and transfer the credit toward something you actually want which is funny because this coupon expires two days before Madden is suppose to come out.

So those with an Edge Card that is 50% extra on trade-ins.

You are correct, sir.

That's the only way this is worthwhile, by flipping crap for the 50% bonus, using the credit to reserve multiple copies of Madden, then canceling all of the preorders.

Anyone know the flip items from Blockbuster, Game Crazy, Circuit City clearance or Target clearance that have the highest difference in trade in value with this deal? Hopefully some games that are readily available at various chains for dirt cheap...

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#42 EXStrike

EXStrike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:39 PM

Oh crap, Bangai-O Spirits comes out on my birthday.

Kickass.

#43 V4oLDbOY

V4oLDbOY

Vengeance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:43 PM

That's the only way this is worthwhile, by flipping crap for the 50% bonus, using the credit to reserve multiple copies of Madden, then canceling all of the preorders.

Anyone know the flip items from Blockbuster, Game Crazy, Circuit City clearance or Target clearance that have the highest difference in trade in value with this deal? Hopefully some games that are readily available at various chains for dirt cheap...

check the blockbuster thread

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#44 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:01 PM

Anyone know?

Yes, any overage goes onto your Edge card. I did it for NCAA FB (20% power trade plus Edge) and had about $5 left over.

To answer the return question: played in the store before I opened my copy, didn't like it, returned it and the credit got put back on my Edge card.

#45 hothitter

hothitter

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:22 PM

Has anyone tried this yet this morning to throw $5 on Madden and the rest on another game or instore purchase?

#46 sixteenvolt420

sixteenvolt420

Hidefninja.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:05 PM

Crappy coupon 2 weeks in a row.

sixteenvolt420.png

#47 hotpocket

hotpocket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:29 PM

Yes, any overage goes onto your Edge card. I did it for NCAA FB (20% power trade plus Edge) and had about $5 left over.

To answer the return question: played in the store before I opened my copy, didn't like it, returned it and the credit got put back on my Edge card.

I see. What if I don't have an edge card? Will they just give me a gift card with the credit?

#48 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:32 PM

I see. What if I don't have an edge card? Will they just give me a gift card with the credit?

Yep. It's an Edge card without the barcode for the extra 10%.

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#49 hotpocket

hotpocket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:45 PM

Yep. It's an Edge card without the barcode for the extra 10%.

Sorry to ask so many questions (last one, I promise), but will the leftover credit still be 40% extra TIV, or will it just simply be what their normal trade in values are for the games. Because if they aren't all 40% extra, I'm not doing this...

#50 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:49 PM

Sorry to ask so many questions (last one, I promise), but will the leftover credit still be 40% extra TIV, or will it just simply be what their normal trade in values are for the games. Because if they aren't all 40% extra, I'm not doing this...

I believe all the credit would have to go towards Madden to get that 40%. You might as well preorder the collector's edition that's 89.99. You'll be in less danger of going over. If you ARE in danger of going over, I'd recommend preordering two, or preordering another copy at another Gamestop.
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#51 sj41

sj41

That's Bitchin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:22 PM

Fuck, 50% extra with EDGE? I'm going to go up to GS today and use this. Will I be able to trade in as many games as I want and build up however much credit I want, or will it only go up to the $60 that Madden costs? Super Smash Bros Brawl will get $45 if I'm understanding this correctly.

EDIT- I think the answer to my question is a yes. Thanks.

Edited by sj41, 01 August 2008 - 08:27 PM.

#52 sj41

sj41

That's Bitchin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:24 PM

Special Deals

Get a Nintendo DS for $89.99 when when you trade-in your GBA SP or Original DS.
Subject to availability.

$40 for a used GBA SP? My little sister will love this as she's been wanting a DS for awhile now and she won't need her GBA SP anymore. This is a great week to go to GS it seems.

#53 el swordo

el swordo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:53 PM

great deal i just traded in 50 bucks worth of stuff and with my edge card got over 100 and its like i got madden for free the coupon came in the gamestop newsletter to let you know

#54 tagout

tagout

CAG living in Jakarta, Indonesia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:55 PM

There's a thread for it already.

#55 el swordo

el swordo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:00 PM

sorry just got home from gamespot and couldn't believe i had gotten so much thought you guys should know

#56 Furashu

Furashu

CAG Mercenary

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:58 PM

okay i did this before on a GS deal, it was trade 2 ps3 games get one of ur choice or some crap. i chose NCAA 08 last year. then a few days later i returned NCAA 08(sealed of course) and got 59.99 Store Credit... just wait till madden comes out get ur copy then get a gift receipt, then return it for store credit..
Trade on GOOZEX and get $1 trade credit + a free 100 pt game!
http://www.goozex.co...r=6111658335991

PSN : Dunkindoanuts

#57 sj41

sj41

That's Bitchin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2008 - 07:35 AM

I used the Madden deal and traded in Civ Rev($45), Super Smash Bros Brawl($45), a GBA SP($40), a couple games like Lord of the Rings BfME2 that I don't play anymore, and a bunch (probably just under 10) of cheap crappy games that I got from BB using the B1G1 free. Totaled to $220, which I though was really impressive since I didn't want any of that stuff except for Civilization. I couldn't turn down $45 for it, though. My little sister bought a DS Lite and I put down the $60 for Madden on the 360. I didn't get charged tax, so I fee like I just made a steal on everything.

My trade in values after the 50% extra:
Civ Rev (360) - 45
Stranglehold (360) - 7.50
Far Cry Instincts Predator - 9
Amped 3 - 6
Lord of the Rings BfME2 - 12
Dragon Ball Z BT2 (Wii) - 7.50
House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return (Wii) - 18
Super Smash Bros Brawl - 45
High School Musical Sing It! (not mine I swear, Wii) - 12
Wii Play (game only) - 12
Lilo & Stitch (not mine, GBA) - 6

Badass stuff.

#58 gotrice415510

gotrice415510

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2008 - 08:31 AM

im betting that the runner bags will be very limited >:(
help me out with this, i only need one more referral that will complete an offer >>>http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=249445

#59 fshaia

fshaia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2008 - 06:00 PM

Anyone know off-hand the TIV for Mario Galaxy at GS ? Tired of calling them, Thanks.

#60 hotpocket

hotpocket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2008 - 06:01 PM

I used the Madden deal and traded in Civ Rev($45), Super Smash Bros Brawl($45), a GBA SP($40), a couple games like Lord of the Rings BfME2 that I don't play anymore, and a bunch (probably just under 10) of cheap crappy games that I got from BB using the B1G1 free. Totaled to $220, which I though was really impressive since I didn't want any of that stuff except for Civilization. I couldn't turn down $45 for it, though. My little sister bought a DS Lite and I put down the $60 for Madden on the 360. I didn't get charged tax, so I fee like I just made a steal on everything.

My trade in values after the 50% extra:
Civ Rev (360) - 45
Stranglehold (360) - 7.50
Far Cry Instincts Predator - 9
Amped 3 - 6
Lord of the Rings BfME2 - 12
Dragon Ball Z BT2 (Wii) - 7.50
House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return (Wii) - 18
Super Smash Bros Brawl - 45
High School Musical Sing It! (not mine I swear, Wii) - 12
Wii Play (game only) - 12
Lilo & Stitch (not mine, GBA) - 6