Photo
- - - - -

GS/EB Ad w/ Coupon 40% Extra Trade-in Credit Toward Madden 09 Reserve (til 08/10/08)

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#91 doctorfaustus

doctorfaustus

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:55 PM

I asked a clerk if a Madden reservation was necessary to get the 40% and he said that it was (no surprise). However, he did say that I could put five on madden and keep the rest on the edge card.

#92 fullhavok

fullhavok

I am the one!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:00 PM

There is no real paper version of this coupon. It's sent via email.

Thanks, just printed, heading over to Gamestop this evening after work. thanks again guys!!

"This isn't fair. We came to Hollywood, I fell in love. Fu*kin', we got shot at, we stole a monkey, and I got punched in the motherfu*king nuts by a guy named Cock-Knocker. "    Nintendo 3DS XL 0705-4732-8853

#93 [Square]

[Square]

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:35 PM

Too bad my local GS is only giving $25 credit for MGS4. I figured it'd be worth $30 at least. I still might jump on this though.

#94 sum41rcks1

sum41rcks1

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:01 AM

anyone know how much I would get for a 20G hard drive(360)

#95 mav451

mav451

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:13 AM

$15. I'd Craiglist if I were you. Gets $40 easy, and far more if you're willing to wait (I wasn't).

In regards to this thread, I just went up an asked for a return - they gave it back to me on a GC instead of my Edge card. *shrug* Just means I gotta carry 2 cards around, lol.

#96 captainfrizo

captainfrizo

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:21 AM

I traded in some stuff lying around.

Trade in prices are the base trade-in values without the coupon and Edge card.

:360: Beautiful Katamari - $7
:360: Lego Star Wars: Original Trilogy - $7
:ps3: MLB 08: The Show - $22
:360: Stranglehold - $5
:360: Tony Hawk's Project 8 - $3
:360: Viva Pinata - $7

#97 filanime03

filanime03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:27 AM

Does accesories count on the 40% extra trade in or just games just wondering.

#98 pogipinoy27

pogipinoy27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2008 - 03:57 PM

Does anyone know the specifics of how GS gives their stores trade in incentives?

I know that it makes a store look better depending on how many preorders they get, but are there other things as well? For instance, if I preorder and don't pick my game up, does my local store get "bad ratings" for that? What if I preorder, pickup, and return the game?
Posted Image
Posted Image

"The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul. "
-Johannes Sebastian Bach

#99 life.exe

life.exe

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:57 PM

Base Trade-In Values:

:360:Devil May Cry 4 - $10
:360:Assassins Creed - $7
:360:CoD4 - $22
:360:Oblivion GOTY - $20
:360:Sneak King - $.10

The guy said I had some of the best looking games hes seen in awhile, said they looked brand new.

#100 jhweathers

jhweathers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:34 AM

anyone know gta4 ps3, uncharted, and tiger 2008 for ps3? also top spin 3?
PS3: Weatherman7

#101 Ebraum

Ebraum

Captain Hwdy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:49 AM

Thanks for this OP
There is no Gravity.......The World Just Sucks.
My CheapAss Game list
http://users.ign.com/collection/Ebraum

Posted Image

#102 aznbouncer619

aznbouncer619

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:47 AM

i got 52 dollars for
god of war (psp)
the simpsons(ps3)
enchanted arms(ps3)

the girl that was doing my transaction was just going to put 5 dollars in reservation and give me 47 in cash then the manager heard and told her not to. im so pissed

#103 Ketsui

Ketsui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:04 AM

i got 72 dollar for
NCAA Football 2009 ($42) ($2 price drop originally $30)
GTA4 $30

using the coupon+10% edge

at first the guy asked me if i just wanted to put down $5, and i said yea but then he told me he had to put the full amount of NCAA Football 09 ($42) and i got the rest in my edge card..its ok..ill decide next week whether ill keep my preorder or not

#104 McFryyyyyy

McFryyyyyy

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:09 AM

changed my pre-order today to Little Big Planet. Works out well.

Kamagii.png

#105 bigmac8855601

bigmac8855601

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:10 AM

Funny thing happened today. I went to cancel my preorder for Madden 09 and buy some used games with the credit. Turns out that the manager was able to see what I had traded in and informed me that if he canceled my preorder, he would HAVE TO TAKE OFF THE ADDITIONAL 40% TRADE IN CREDIT that I received. What a bunch of bs i think. I'll try again after Madden comes out I guess. :bomb:

#106 Ketsui

Ketsui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:25 AM

Funny thing happened today. I went to cancel my preorder for Madden 09 and buy some used games with the credit. Turns out that the manager was able to see what I had traded in and informed me that if he canceled my preorder, he would HAVE TO TAKE OFF THE ADDITIONAL 40% TRADE IN CREDIT that I received. What a bunch of bs i think. I'll try again after Madden comes out I guess. :bomb:

haha how is it BS? the coupon is for madden reservations. lol

#107 bigmac8855601

bigmac8855601

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:28 AM

haha how is it BS? the coupon is for madden reservations. lol

shhh....don't tell them that lol

#108 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:10 AM

To lazy to try to Ebay them so traded today after checking TIV in another thread.,..

DS
Contra 4 - $7 - $10.50 after 50%
Advance Wars: Dual Strike - $9 - $13.50 after 50%

GC
Mario Kart: Double Dash $12 - $18 after 50%

Not bad for $42 credit towards the CE of Madden that I will be purchasing anyway. :)

#109 kofijamal

kofijamal

It is what it is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:15 PM

Anyone know the TIV for Wii Fit and Luminous Arc (DS)?
Ok then, knuckle up.

#110 filanime03

filanime03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:26 PM

Gamestop is now getting smarter about trade in especially fake ones like yours. Good luck getting all your credit back after madden comes out. :applause:

#111 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:38 PM

It's not that hard. Just pick up your madden preorder, and return it a day or two later (you have 30 days to return an unopened product). Canceling preorders pisses off gs people.

#112 pogipinoy27

pogipinoy27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:19 PM

Anyone know the TIV for Wii Fit and Luminous Arc (DS)?

I remember seeing on the board that Wii Fit (with balance board) is $60 TIV. However your best bet would probably be to resell on ebay. with coupon + Edge you'd get $90 for it at eb but you could probably fetch $110 for it easy on ebay.
Posted Image
Posted Image

"The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul. "
-Johannes Sebastian Bach

#113 hostyl1

hostyl1

Rejoice commoners!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:25 PM

It's not that hard. Just pick up your madden preorder, and return it a day or two later (you have 30 days to return an unopened product). Canceling preorders pisses off gs people.

QFT!

Just say you no longer want it. Sure, you could make up a fake story like your GF bought you the collectors edition or some other such lame nonsense. But really, you can just return it.

It's one more trip to the store, sure. But if you want to make things work for you, you have to do a *little* work yourself.:bouncy:

#114 kofijamal

kofijamal

It is what it is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:33 PM

I remember seeing on the board that Wii Fit (with balance board) is $60 TIV. However your best bet would probably be to resell on ebay. with coupon + Edge you'd get $90 for it at eb but you could probably fetch $110 for it easy on ebay.

Thanks, I'd rather not deal with ebay fees and shipping the thing. I tried selling it here with no avail, so if I can get close to what I paid for it, I'd be golden.
Ok then, knuckle up.

#115 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:22 PM

If you trade in more than what Madden is worth, will they just give the rest to you as store credit?

i've always had a question about preorders. if we preorder something, we have to put 5 dollars down for it at gs. but if we cancel, do we get the 5 dollars back?

Sorry to ask so many questions (last one, I promise), but will the leftover credit still be 40% extra TIV, or will it just simply be what their normal trade in values are for the games. Because if they aren't all 40% extra, I'm not doing this...

So...let me get this straight. Your allowed to CANCEL in order to get all the credit put on the resevation onto the edge card?

Okay, with 150~ new users each day at CAG, we're getting a lot of folks with questions. Some have been answered, some points still haven't been touched.

Here's the deal. You go into your GameStop and trade in with this coupon BreadBaker 9000, LawnMower Racers and Rescue the Princess 17. You give the clerk the coupon and say you want to pre-order Madden 09 with $5 down. With the coupon bump, you get a total of $73 in credit, minus the $5 pre-order, you have $68 in credit remaining. You ask for them to put it on a store-credit card.

If you *don't* want Madden 09, in a couple days, you can go back and ask to cancel your pre-order. If you want the credit back, the $5 will go on the card (or if you've spent all your credit, it will go on a new card) OR if there's a game you legitimately want to pre-order, you can put that $5 to pre-order that game.

I suggest this option, because the kids working at GS have to have so many pre-orders a day/week and when you cancel, that clerk is deducted one pre-order for that day/week. If you cancel one pre-order and just swap the $5 towards the pre-order of another game, that goes back towards their count. I love everyone in my local store, so I try not to do anything that works against them.
gwensigol8.png

#116 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:54 PM

That's exactly what I'm doing Gwen.

I traded in 100.00 worth of stuff, put 63 on Too Human, and the rest on Madden.

Next week I'll switch all the Madden money to Fallout.

seanr1221.png

#117 Penguin1084

Penguin1084

The Disney Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:37 PM

Since I've posted this in the past threads...

Any speculation on this weeks coupon?

Hopefully some % off some system's used games.

Maybe DS or Wii. Heck, I would be happy with a Gamecube coupon!

#118 Gotran

Gotran

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:49 PM

Anyone know how much:

Ninja Gaiden II
Guitar Hero III w/Guitar

trade in for each.

#119 bigmac8855601

bigmac8855601

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:54 PM

Anyone know how much:

Ninja Gaiden II
Guitar Hero III w/Guitar

trade in for each.

Way faster to call your local Gamestop than to post here...

#120 nwaugh

nwaugh

thread killa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:23 PM

Here's this week's coupon:
Posted Image