Haze Playstation 3 $19.99 USED at gamefly

[quote name='zman73']One of the most retarded looking covers for a video game this generation[/QUOTE]

Really? I thought it looked cool.

What do you think is wrong with it?

And at $20 I'll grab it. I had it once before but couldn't justify the cost of it. $20 is absolutely worth it for the online co-op though.

I played the demo and was completely unimpressed. With so many good FPSs already out and so many more coming soon, it kinda seems like a shame to spend any money on this.

will probably pick it up when i can get it for $15 new. i didn't find the demo to be THAT bad, and i'm sure it's worth 15 bucks at least. i think it got bad review scores just cause it was so hyped up.

This is one of those games that I "might" pick up in a 5 dollar clearance bin one day, and mainly just to have a spare ps3 bluray case.

No... it really was bad. I played it on my friend's PS3. and that game was horrible. This is not the 'redeeming game when it's cheap' like Timeshift was, or something like that. The plot is contrived, the level design is lazy, nobody plays multiplayer, the animation is bad, textures and shadows flash in and out... it's really just bad. If you MUST play it, please just rent it. Don't give Free Radical money for this game.

[quote name='mxpowar']I played the demo and was completely unimpressed. With so many good FPSs already out and so many more coming soon, it kinda seems like a shame to spend any money on this.[/quote]

This is exactly how I feel about the game, you summed it up very well.

[quote name='zman73']One of the most retarded looking covers for a video game this generation[/quote]

I couldn't agree more! Totally sucked.

I agree also with what other posters are saying; with a wealth of excellent FPSs available, I see no reason to spend any money on this game at all. I hated the demo. And honestly, the only reason I would buy it is for the sake of buying something, not because I felt it is a worthwhile purchase.

I've gotten about 15 or so rentals from GF all in great shape... Rentals and purchases...

Honestly the demo showed a pretty, but standard FPS. If you are itching for an FPS minus the WWII time setting... it may just be up your alley.

I'd wait for the next 20% off PS3 used games coupon, as you could get it for a few dollar more with tax and see your disc before picking it up.

$34.99 used goes down to $24.49 used, where you'd be paying $22.90 after S&H for non-members, tax paid in both cases.

And I've had nothing but crap discs from GF the times I've ordered, so I'm swearing off them for good for buying used games.

Most of the games I get from GF are in rough shape, but they all work, so I give them credit for pretty good quality control. It's been almost a year of buying and renting (2 at a time) from them without a lemon, which I have to admit was a bit of a surprise.

Anyway, I got a $5 coupon, plus my 5% off, which will almost negate the sales tax. I don't think I can pass this up, even with such bad reviews. $15 shipped is pretty good.

[quote name='groundskeeper']If it was $5.00 less and not from GF, I would bite. I cannot stand the crappy condition the disks come in.[/quote]

Really? All of the used PS3 games that have gone through my hands...be it from GS/GF/BBV, 99% look mint. I can't say that about 360/Wii/PS2/Xbox/GC games, but with the scratch resistant coating on the blu-ray, the PS3 disks rarely have anything but fingerprints.

[quote name='shibaraski']terrible game....[/quote]

Mind expanding a little bit? Did you just get terrible from the ratings you've seen or have you played it. Why are people too lazy to just explain themselves a little bit? Your post is as good as spam.

If I had $20 at the moment to spend, I'd pick this up in a heartbeat. Yea, it got bad reviews, but the demo was pretty good if you ask me. I'd mainly get it for co-op play with my friends, as not many FPS games have multiplayer modes anymore.

[quote name='jonac13']No... it really was bad. I played it on my friend's PS3. and that game was horrible. This is not the 'redeeming game when it's cheap' like Timeshift was, or something like that. The plot is contrived, the level design is lazy, nobody plays multiplayer, the animation is bad, textures and shadows flash in and out... it's really just bad. If you MUST play it, please just rent it. Don't give Free Radical money for this game.[/quote]

Thanks for this--you just saved me $20.

Thanks OP. I picked it up for $15 shipped with my gamefly rewards (free shipping + 5% off + $5 off). I also have a buddy who owns it, so it should at least provide some co-op entertainment.

Look, everyone who says the game is bad might have some points. The game ain't worth 60, not ever. But we are talkin about 20 for a very good game (read: decent game)

It is totally worth it at this price, heck I rented the game passed it 4 times in 4 days, returned it, and am NOW buying it at 20. That says something about the game is a good FPS, but if you compare it to the like of CoD4 and Halo, its not up there in gameplay and online multiplayer, but what is tries to do it does. Stop bashing the game, if you dont like it fine, but explain your argument more than "its bad, I didn't like it" I've had loads of games that I read on this "deals" forums that people bash and say it bad, then I play it and buy it since I found it nice.

For 20$, you cant go wrong since at least it has 4-player coop. I'm getting it and if you get it, send me and invite to play coop. :)

[quote name='Ender']I couldn't agree more! Totally sucked.

I agree also with what other posters are saying; with a wealth of excellent FPSs available, I see no reason to spend any money on this game at all. I hated the demo. And honestly, the only reason I would buy it is for the sake of buying something, not because I felt it is a worthwhile purchase.[/QUOTE]

Thank you fellow Mobile CAG, havent heard from you in awhile, since the fiasco over the ZOE game I was gonna buy from you. Hope you are well

All the reviews for this game Ive seen havent been really good... if it were under 10 new I might pick it up... most games have a price point where they might be tolerable... some (Drake...cough...)dont

and the cover is retarded, oooooh you can see my face through by broken mask...

I missed out when BB had this for $40. This game is DEFINITELY worth $20, imho. It's got a kind of Halo-feel to it, but not in an overbearing or "stolen concept" way. Control is pretty good, as are the graphics. One can only hope it'll receive a trophy patch in the near future, but that's quite trivial. The fact that it's got co-op is a definite plus, as many FPS games these days seem to only have competitive multiplayer modes in mind.

bread's done
Back