Should I get a DS or a PSP? Why?

jello00

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Alright. I have decided that I'm finally going to buy a DS or a PSP. However, I'm not quite sure which one I should get.

I already own a Wii and a PS2 so I am a fan of both Nintendo and Sony.

I'm asking this question in both the DS and PSP forums to find out which group of gamers has the best reason for me to buy their handheld. (admins, is this ok? If not, let me know where I should post)

Thanks for the advice ahead of time and if there are any specific deals that would tip the scale in one direction, please let me know.

Thanks CAGs!!!

I'll go ahead and reply here since the PSP board gets a lot less traffic than the DS/GBA board and I feel as though my response will be lost among a host of blind pro-Nintendo posts in the DS board.

I own both, having owned a DS for over three years and a PSP for about 11 months. They are two completely different machines. You need to let us know what kind of experience you want. The two obvious differences are that the PSP is more of a powerhouse, giving you games of the console caliber in the palm of your hand, while the DS is a more innovative handheld that will give you an experience that is much different than anything you'd find on the PSP.

You also need to consider custom firmware. If that is a road you'd like to travel, it tips the scale in PSP's favor, IMO.

Really, you can't just say that one is better than the other, because it's almost like comparing apples to oranges. We need to know more about your preferences.

Did you like GBA? A lot of GBA series contuine on Ds, like Advance Wars, Kirby, Mario and Luigi, Castlevania, and Kirby. there are many types of games that uses the stylus and touch screen well.

The PS2 have a lot of games that could easily be PS2 quality games, like God of War or Crisis Core.

Ok. I got the same questions on both forums so let me try and explain a little more and see if you guys can drop some more knowledge on me.

There are things about both systems that I really like, I'm just having a hard time weighing out the options and picking one.

I don't really have a long commute or a downtime where I plan on playing either daily or even many times a week. My main use will be on long road trips, flights (long flights are big for me since I often fly from SF to NY for work) or days I want to sit outside and play some games. I feel like I would get less immersed into a game with the DS... is that right?

One feature I really like about the PSP is the Skype use since my parents live overseas and that will let me talk to them more often... but I'm not even really sure how it works. Does it connect to wireless internet like the iPod Touch?

Ultimately, this is what I'm thinking. The DS is at a much better price point for me and I think I would really like it. However, since I play with my Wii a lot :)booty: that always sounds funny) I feel like I need to branch out from Nintendo a bit. And since I still really like a lot of my PS2 games I think I would also really like the PSP. But if I don't play it daily or often enough will I lose interest in the story line of most of the PSP games?

Games I like on my Wii:
Mario Galaxy
Mario Kart
Zelda

Games I like on my PS2:
God of War
GTA
Katamari
Resident Evil

Long trips sound a big problem for a PSP- the DS has a substantially better battery life than the PSP.

[quote name='Rocko']Long trips sound a big problem for a PSP- the DS has a substantially better battery life than the PSP.[/quote]
It's a trade-off. My PSP gets roughly 7-9 hours on a single charge with the Stamina battery (largest one on the market). That allows me to play games, browse the internet, watch a movie, and/or listen to music. The Slim is just that, slim and with a proper case, easy to carry around.

But again, compared to the DS, you're getting quite a bit more features. If you go and put a custom firmware on, you can extend the usage of your PSP by leaps and bounds. There's a separate thread here (OLDBOY's?) talking about custom firmwares and their advantage's.

In the end it comes down to what games you want to play. Both systems offer great games, i happen to enjoy both systems, but ended up favoring the PSP a bit more due to the better looking games, and when i say better looking...i mean amazing looking compared to the DS.

[quote name='Rocko']I'll go ahead and reply here since the PSP board gets a lot less traffic than the DS/GBA board and I feel as though my response will be lost among a host of blind pro-Nintendo posts in the DS board.

I own both, having owned a DS for over three years and a PSP for about 11 months. They are two completely different machines. You need to let us know what kind of experience you want. The two obvious differences are that the PSP is more of a powerhouse, giving you games of the console caliber in the palm of your hand, while the DS is a more innovative handheld that will give you an experience that is much different than anything you'd find on the PSP.

You also need to consider custom firmware. If that is a road you'd like to travel, it tips the scale in PSP's favor, IMO.

Really, you can't just say that one is better than the other, because it's almost like comparing apples to oranges. We need to know more about your preferences.[/quote]

I couldn't agree more. I own both, and I go through spells where I play one or the other for long periods of time.

They're both great systems. Go with the DS just because it's cheaper to buy a system and a couple games. I love the PSP but the fact that you have to buy a shell case and a memory card make it the more expensive choice to start with. You really can't go wrong with either.

Flip a coin.
Buy one.
Save up.
Buy another.
I have both systems now and my only complaint is that I can't afford another game for my PSP.
But I must also say that Phoenix Wright is a must.

For what you described you'd be better off buying a DS. Also chatting overseas with others with the DS is easier because the accessories are cheaper.

First, let me say I own both the DS and PSP and love both.

When it comes to games, I say get a DS. The main reason is because the DS is backwards compatible with GBA games. I love playing my Metroid gameson the superb DS screen. The touch screen does add a unique flavor to DS games that make good use of it. Also, the battery life is nothing short of fantastic.

When it comes to a total multimedia experience, I say get a PSP. It plays movies, mp3's, pictures and has a wonderful Internet Radio feature if you have access to a Wi-Fi hotspot. The built in net browser is limited and slow, but passable for basic internet browsing.There are some killer games like Tekken Dark Ressurection, God of War: Chains of Olympus, and Burnout Legends, but I think the AAA titles, are fewer than with DS.

All around, I'd get a PSP right now, but that is because I like things it can do in addition to playing games. I love putting music videos on my PSP.

I prefer the PSP since, well, it's like a pocket PC with PS2 graphics for me (due to homebrews).

The screen size is twice as big, which is a big plus for me, and the system is a lot more powerful then the DS (in terms of speculations for the future and whatnot).

The battery lifetime is not an issue for me. Sure, it goes out after 7 hours of constant playtime, but if that would ever bother me I'd just buy a PSP-fat battery and instantly get 10-12.

With some knowledge, you'll have no harder time running GBA games on the PSP compared to the DS. The PSP does however have PSOne support without any customisation.

The only real drawback is the obvious lack of gadgets, and the lack of a dual screen. Now, this doesn't personally disturb me as the standard controls are all I'm going to touch anyway, and the dual screen functionally can be countered by the low loading times when running CSOs off your PSP.

In short: If you enjoy playing around with your hardware and mess around with it - get a PSP

If you're more of the casual gamer that doesn't really feel like going in depth, but still try new things - get the DS.

When everyone mentions custom firmware, I can mention the R4 or the like.

I've been playing my PSP more recently but if you're asking which has better games, I like the DS a lot more.

---

I don't really have a long commute or a downtime where I plan on playing either daily or even many times a week. My main use will be on long road trips, flights (long flights are big for me since I often fly from SF to NY for work) or days I want to sit outside and play some games. I feel like I would get less immersed into a game with the DS... is that right?

Well if you want a console-like experience you're probably better off with the PSP. That's not to say the DS doesn't have games that can make you play for hours. The PSP is also good for videos. As for battery life, the DS would be better but you can also just by two batteries for the PSP and have them both charged just in case.

Ultimately, this is what I'm thinking. The DS is at a much better price point for me and I think I would really like it. However, since I play with my Wii a lot :)booty: that always sounds funny) I feel like I need to branch out from Nintendo a bit. And since I still really like a lot of my PS2 games I think I would also really like the PSP. But if I don't play it daily or often enough will I lose interest in the story line of most of the PSP games?

The way I feel about it is, if you liked those PS2 games, you shouldn't want to play them so badly on a handheld (God of War: CoO was good though). 2D Mario and Zelda on the otherhand are great for a handheld and the best Mario Kart out right now is still the DS version (instead of the Wii version).

Last edited by a moderator:
It really comes down to why games/series you specifically like. If you prefer Zelda, Mario, etc, then get a DS. If you prefer (J)RPGs, Final Fantasy, or first party Sony games, then get a PSP. Right now, Square-Enix has 6 games coming out (that we know of) for the PSP at the end of this year and sometime in 2009. That's just from SE, we have Resistance coming to the PSP next year and there are numerous RPGs and JRPGs coming to the PSP later this year like Vahalla Knights 2, and next year we should be getting Mana Khemia for the PSP (hopefully). It really boils down to the games...

If I could only pick one, it would be the psp. The fact that you can do things other than playing games on it is great (surfing the web is a major plus...please don't mention the ds' web browser). Gamingwise, I think I had more fun with my ds as the online does top the psps, even Mario Kart. I'm a pround owner of both but the thing is I don't have anything to look forward to this year...I'm not an rpg or dmc fan.

[quote name='Foo228']If I could only pick one, it would be the psp. The fact that you can do things other than playing games on it is great (surfing the web is a major plus...please don't mention the ds' web browser). Gamingwise, I think I had more fun with my ds as the online does top the psps, even Mario Kart. I'm a pround owner of both but the thing is I don't have anything to look forward to this year...I'm not an rpg or dmc fan.[/quote]

I'm not a fan of Castlevania but that's something.

If you want to get Custom Firmware to play SNES, GameBoy Advance, or any other games plus play full official games straight off the memory stick I'd say get a PSP. If you want to just screw around and play quick games that you can shut on and off in an instant then get a DS (although if you flip the power switch up on the PSP quickly you can also put it in "sleep" mode as well).

I love my PSP and actually use it more than my DS... especially with all the new GBA games that I just put on there. I took a long flight to the Midwest and playing God of War, watching a couple movies and playing a couple SNES and GBA games kept me occupied the whole time. Plus my wife loves watching movies on it as well when we take the trips.

The battery life improves very well once you start playing games off the memory stick. The movies playing off the UMD drive were what drained more battery.

I have both and love both. They offer different types of experiences though.

PSP can do slicker graphics and a better 3D engine, which give you games like Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, God of War, FFVII Crisis Core and Crazy Taxi.

DS obviously has the touch screen support and gives games a bit of a unique experience. I haven't really looked at getting a new DS game in a while outside of Ninja Gaiden so I'm not really sure what's out there that's new and provides a unique DS experience.

Right now I'm on a bit of a "PSP is the greatest kick" right now. I really love both systems and they both have great games. Either one you take should do you good.

if you get a psp make sure its a slim, the screen is much better
I'm still happy with my fat ds and you know another ds model will come out so....

I would have to say the PSP. Look around for the GOW bundle and get that. Also Lego Star Wars on the PSP provides infinite fun, Much better than the DS's version. If you get a DS make sure you get Pokemon... Gotta Catch Em All man...

[quote name='Hostile']I would say JRPGs are better on the DS. Chrono Trigger and Dragon Quest IV.[/quote]

I played and loved Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Disgaea Hour of Darkness, Jeanne D'Arc, and FF Tactics on the PSP. Show me a game of FF Crysis Core or GOW:CoO caliber on the DS.

Besides, you can play GBA games on the PSP too. IMO, PSP is far superior to DS and a much better value.

It would be easier to argue if jello00 would mention if he was interested in custom firmware or going down the righteous path.

I'm almost done with Crisis Core and... not so good.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']I played and loved Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Disgaea Hour of Darkness, Jeanne D'Arc, and FF Tactics on the PSP. Show me a game of FF Crysis Core or GOW:CoO caliber on the DS.

Besides, you can play GBA games on the PSP too. IMO, PSP is far superior to DS and a much better value.[/quote]
Dont forget to remember all the PSOne RPGs as well. Star Ocean, Final fantasy 1 - 9, Legend of Legaia etc etc.

[quote name='Hostile']It would be easier to argue if jello00 would mention if he was interested in custom firmware or going down the righteous path.

I'm almost done with Crisis Core and... not so good.[/quote]

Almost done you say? Well, prepare yourself for a horribly sucky ending. I kinda liked the game until I beat it. The horrible ending ruined what little love I had for the game and made me lose interest in the original FF7 (which I was going to play some day).

Anyway, I only brought it up because of its high production values. You couldn't have a game with such quality presentation on DS.

As for the custom firmware. Well, even without it you can still play tons of quality games on PSP. Field Commander is a good "Advance Wars" clone. You have Phantasy Stars 2, 3, and 4. Plently good platformers, puzzles, RPGs, action, and strategy games on PSP.

Take Puzzle Quest for example. The PSP's version has a much better presentation while DS has a useless 2nd screen. I believe that the 2nd screen of the DS is a mostly useless gimmick. It seems to me that the public just can't get enough of Nintendo's worthless gimmicks. I don't think it's the lower price point of their consoles that's mostly responsible for their success. It's the gimmicks I tells ya.

[quote name='Skandis']Dont forget to remember all the PSOne RPGs as well. Star Ocean, Final fantasy 1 - 9, Legend of Legaia etc etc.[/quote]

Indeed. It's amazing what this little handheld can do.

Edited to add:

* Compare GTA between PSP and DS. Which is more immersive?
* Dragon Warrior VII (PSX) on PSP. Hehehe
* Loco Roco and Patapon need to be mentioned.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']Almost done you say? Well, prepare yourself for a horribly sucky ending. I kinda liked the game until I beat it. The horrible ending ruined what little love I had for the game and made me lose interest in the original FF7 (which I was going to play some day).

Anyway, I only brought it up because of its high production values. You couldn't have a game with such quality presentation on DS.

As for the custom firmware. Well, even without it you can still play tons of quality games on PSP. Field Commander is a good "Advance Wars" clone. You have Phantasy Stars 2, 3, and 4. Plently good platformers, puzzles, RPGs, action, and strategy games on PSP.

Take Puzzle Quest for example. The PSP's version has a much better presentation while DS has a useless 2nd screen. I believe that the 2nd screen of the DS is a mostly useless gimmick. It seems to me that the public just can't get enough of Nintendo's worthless gimmicks. I don't think it's the lower price point of their consoles that's mostly responsible for their success. It's the gimmicks I tells ya.[/quote]

Well I expect a bad ending because I've already played FFVII. High production values don't make a game any more fun so I don't care much about that.

I'll agree that the top screen is mostly useless but I don't understand how you can call it a gimmick. If you're calling the touch screen a gimmick, you're just wrong. :)

[quote name='Hostile']Well I expect a bad ending because I've already played FFVII. High production values don't make a game any more fun so I don't care much about that.

I'll agree that the top screen is mostly useless but I don't understand how you can call it a gimmick. If you're calling the touch screen a gimmick, you're just wrong. :)[/quote]

I imagine that those who would expect the bad ending in FF7CC wouldn't hate it so much.

I think high production values can make a game more fun (enjoyable) by making it more immersive. Again, compare GTA between PSP and DS.

The 2nd screen is a gimmick if it is useless. I can imagine it being very useful in some games (such as Mario Kart), but most games simply don't need another screen. I don't like that Nintendo put all Gameboy games on the DS (abandoned SP) - even those that don't need the 2nd screen. They sort of forced everyone to upgrade the same way they did with Gamecube (delaying Zelda until Wii was released and then 1st releasing it on the Wii, discontinuing component output/cables from GC and changing the cabling for Wii).

I have GC and 3 GBA SPs and I refuse to upgrade because I feel like they're trying to force me to.

If you like rpg's, the next 2 dragonquest games on the ds are going to be increadible. The psp is not superior to the ds but I think it may just barely edge it out.
If you get a ds get kirby canvas curse and castlevania dawn of sorrow.
If you get a psp get a psp2000 get vice city stories, some metal gear, and logan's shadow.
The psp slim was a bigger improvement than the lite was in my opinion. The d pad on the ds lite was terrible compared to the one on the phat.

I wouldn't even consider getting an old psp unless you are into emulation whoring. The slim has a much better screen and loading times.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']I imagine that those who would expect the bad ending in FF7CC wouldn't hate it so much.

I think high production values can make a game more fun (enjoyable) by making it more immersive. Again, compare GTA between PSP and DS.

The 2nd screen is a gimmick if it is useless. I can imagine it being very useful in some games (such as Mario Kart), but most games simply don't need another screen. I don't like that Nintendo put all Gameboy games on the DS (abandoned SP) - even those that don't need the 2nd screen. They sort of forced everyone to upgrade the same way they did with Gamecube (delaying Zelda until Wii was released and then 1st releasing it on the Wii, discontinuing component output/cables from GC and changing the cabling for Wii).

I have GC and 3 GBA SPs and I refuse to upgrade because I feel like they're trying to force me to.[/quote]

Well frankly we know nothing about the GTA on the DS. Who's to say the GTA on DS won't have high production values (for a DS game).

Just because it does not use the top screen or touch sensitivity doesn't mean it's all of a sudden a GBA game. I never had as much fun with handheld as I did with the DS in 2005 and 2006.

[quote name='Hostile']Well frankly we know nothing about the GTA on the DS. Who's to say the GTA on DS won't have high production values (for a DS game).

Just because it does not use the top screen or touch sensitivity doesn't mean it's all of a sudden a GBA game. I never had as much fun with handheld as I did with the DS in 2005 and 2006.[/quote]

The screenshots I've seen (from last E3) of GTA on DS looked really lame.

If a DS game doesn't need that 2nd screen or use the touch-screen functionality, then there is no reason (that I can see, other than forcing people to upgrade) why Nintendo couldn't release it on GBA SP.

After all, DS can play GBA SP games just fine, right?

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']The screenshots I've seen (from last E3) of GTA on DS looked really lame.

If a DS game doesn't need that 2nd screen or use the touch-screen functionality, then there is no reason (that I can see, other than forcing people to upgrade) why Nintendo couldn't release it on GBA SP.

After all, DS can play GBA SP games just fine, right?[/QUOTE]

There is no screenshot of GTA. Someone posted a pic of Driver GBA.

GBA couldnt handle games like FFIV or other 3d games like mario 64. And also the extra buttons

[quote name='Hostile']Well frankly we know nothing about the GTA on the DS. Who's to say the GTA on DS won't have high production values (for a DS game).[/quote]
DS
Processors: 67Mhz and 33 Mhz respectively
Ram: 4 MB
GPU: 0,65 MB

PSP
Processor: 333Mhz
Ram: 64 MB + 4 MB embedded
GPU: 2MB, 166 Mhz

Also, DS has a REALLY hard time showing 3d games as it is really limited in terms of showing polygons.

[quote name='Skandis']DS

PSP

Also, DS has a REALLY hard time showing 3d games as it is really limited in terms of showing polygons.[/quote]
Dont tell me the ds can't do 3d very good.
Look at the tony hawk games on the ds. They are better than the psp versions and the 3d is rock solid. I highly recconmend sk8land. I thought it was the best tony game I have ever played.

[quote name='Skandis']DS

PSP

Also, DS has a REALLY hard time showing 3d games as it is really limited in terms of showing polygons.[/quote]

Why the hell would you reply to my message with that nonsense?

[quote name='Mr. 420']Dont tell me the ds can't do 3d very good.
Look at the tony hawk games on the ds. They are better than the psp versions and the 3d is rock solid. I highly recconmend sk8land. I thought it was the best tony game I have ever played.[/quote]
Yea, I wrote the post in the middle of the night so I suppose it's not uncalled for that not everyone understood what I meant:
GTA calls for a lot of pedestrians and a lot of ongoing activity in the surroundings.

[quote name='Hostile']Why the hell would you reply to my message with that nonsense?[/quote]
And who are you, the king of town? Stop being a swearing douche.

[quote name='62t']There is no screenshot of GTA. Someone posted a pic of Driver GBA.

GBA couldnt handle games like FFIV or other 3d games like mario 64. And also the extra buttons[/quote]

I guess it was foolish of me to assume that DS was 2 GPA SPs slapped together. I did some looking and indeed the DS is significantly more powerful than the SP. It is 6x faster (2 processors, one 4x and one 2x faster) and has much more memory. I feel stupid now.

Still, Skandis was right about DS's limitations with 3D graphics. According to wikipedia it has rather poor 3D performance. Poor enough to affect the quality of presentation of games like GTA, I think.

Well, I'll pick up a DS someday, if I run out of games to play on the platforms I already have. I am sick of Mario, but I was interested in the "professor" game made by Level 5.

[quote name='Skandis']And who are you, the king of town? Stop being a swearing douche.[/quote]

What you posted was completely unrelated to my message. That's why it was nonsense.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']I guess it was foolish of me to assume that DS was 2 GPA SPs slapped together. I did some looking and indeed the DS is significantly more powerful than the SP. It is 6x faster (2 processors, one 4x and one 2x faster) and has much more memory. I feel stupid now.

Still, Skandis was right about DS's limitations with 3D graphics. According to wikipedia it has rather poor 3D performance. Poor enough to affect the quality of presentation of games like GTA, I think.

Well, I'll pick up a DS someday, if I run out of games to play on the platforms I already have. I am sick of Mario, but I was interested in the "professor" game made by Level 5.[/quote]

As far as the DS' 3D limitations go, they're about on par with PS1 or maybe a little better. If you're showing interest in Professor Layton though, I don't know why you're so caught up on the 3D aspect. There are a ton of unique and interesting games plus the standard Nintendo stuff to try on the DS and that's why I love it so much.

[quote name='Hostile']As far as the DS' 3D limitations go, they're about on par with PS1 or maybe a little better. If you're showing interest in Professor Layton though, I don't know why you're so caught up on the 3D aspect. There are a ton of unique and interesting games plus the standard Nintendo stuff to try on the DS and that's why I love it so much.[/quote]
For me, the lack of detail between 3D objects is what ruined the DS experience for me...granted, i had a PSP for a few months about a year prior to getting the DS. Still, after having and using the DS daily for a few months (i know it was more than 3, not sure how many though) i ended up finding myself playing 2D games...something which i could do on my PSP and PC. There are some great games on the DS, many are 3D, but compared to the PSP, it's like apples and oranges. For instance, i'm playing through God of War: Chains of Olympus on the PSP right now. It fucking kicks ass! Nothing on the DS comes close to touching this in terms of visual effects and framerate.

The ds can do 2d a lot better than the ps one.
Nothing on the ds is expected to be anything like god of war or final fantasy 7 graphics. What the ds does have is a ton of great games. Many, many more than the psp unless your a rom whore. Even though the ds has so many more good games I still think the psp just edges it out. You can be very rough with a ds but you have to baby your psp because it isn't as portable.

There are also a ton of really good games that are coming soon for the DS such as dragonquest 4, castlevania, kirby superstar ultra, mushroom men, ghost busters, chrono trigger, and bangai o spirits.

This year the psp has Metal Gear digital graphic novel 2
Samurai shodown anthology-praying it has SS 5 special and tenka
King of Fighters Orochi which is kof's 94-98. 95 sucks hard but 96,97, and 98 make it a must buy. Then there are a few lame rpgs coming out also.

[quote name='Mr. 420']The ds can do 2d a lot better than the ps one.[/quote]
Riiiiight. Take Puzzle Quest for example. Which looks better, the DS one or the PSP one? Show me one example to back up your ridiculous claim.

[quote name='Mr. 420']Nothing on the ds is expected to be anything like god of war or final fantasy 7 graphics.[/quote]

Heh. You're making it sound like it doesn't matter that the DS'es graphics suck compared to the PSP's. Trust me, graphics do matter.

[quote name='Mr. 420']What the ds does have is a ton of great games. Many, many more than the psp unless your a rom whore.[/quote]

Suuure. A quick comparison between the Editor's Choice lists of IGN reveals that DS has 43 games rated 8.4 or higher and PSP has 45 such games (counting only US ratings - ignoring UK and AU).

DS may have more games total, but you claimed it has more "great" games. Besides, personally speaking, I couldn't care less about most of the DS games that made the list while I am much more interested in the PSP ones. Then again, I am 35, so my tastes would be different from those of most young kids. I'm just saying that you shouldn't make a claim that DS has better games, mostly because it's a matter of taste.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']

Suuure. A quick comparison between the Editor's Choice lists of IGN reveals that DS has 43 games rated 8.4 or higher and PSP has 45 such games (counting only US ratings - ignoring UK and AU).

DS may have more games total, but you claimed it has more "great" games. Besides, personally speaking, I couldn't care less about most of the DS games that made the list while I am much more interested in the PSP ones. Then again, I am 35, so my tastes would be different from those of most young kids. I'm just saying that you shouldn't make a claim that DS has better games, mostly because it's a matter of taste.[/quote]

Well, you can't spell ignorant without IGN.

And while the debate of which handheld has better games is more or less based on opinion, one truth is that the psp is plagued with tons of ports, some good, some bad. A quick search of gamerankings (which compiles all reviews from various sites) shows 21 psp games with an average score of 8.4 or higher, while the ds has 26 games with an average score of 8.4 or higher. But in all seriousness, why do review scores matter if you enjoy the game?

Not to stir the pot, but coming out and saying the "DS'es graphics suck" compared to the PSP is 1. rather obvious, and 2. hypocritical. I mean, it's a given that the graphics on the DS aren't going to be as good as on the PSP, and while yes, graphics do matter, A LOT of the games on the DS have great gameplay and good graphics. I've owned both, i would know. I ended up going with the PSP simply because it has more games that i'm interested in. I'm 22...and i approve this message.

[quote name='SynGamer']Not to stir the pot, but coming out and saying the "DS'es graphics suck" compared to the PSP is hypocritical.[/quote]
I suggest you first learn what "hypocritical" means before you start calling people that.

[quote name='SL4IN']why do review scores matter if you enjoy the game?[/quote]
Why would you assume I care about them. I only mentioned them while refuting Mr.420's ridiculous claim (that DS has many, many more great games than the PSP). Weird that that nonsense is being defended.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']I suggest you first learn what "hypocritical" means before you start calling people that.

Why would you assume I care about them. I only mentioned them while refuting Mr.420's ridiculous claim (that DS has many, many more great games than the PSP). Weird that that nonsense is being defended.[/quote]i meant ps one not psp one

bread's done
Back