I was just curious to find out how much RAM everyone has
I have 3 gigs myself and love the way my computer runs
I might go to 4 or 5 depending on new games that come out

What about you guys?

[quote name='SuxoR']I was just curious to find out how much RAM everyone has
I have 3 gigs myself and love the way my computer runs
I might go to 4 or 5 depending on new games that come out

What about you guys?[/QUOTE]

Hope you have a 64 bit OS or all of that extra RAM would go to waste.

I have 3GBs

4GB but since I only have a 32bit OS, I only get 3.5GB. I was fine with 2GB but seeing as how cheap DDR2 800 memory was hitting, I figured "why not?".

I've got 1Gb in my laptop which i'm on currently and my new desktop that i'm in the middle of building will have 2. I have no reason to go 4Gb since I don't plan on moving to 64-bit anytime soon. Plus this build was made to be cheap:D

4 GB w/Vista Home Premium (32bit). Sure, I only get to use 3.5GB, but between that and my video card and CPU I can pretty much manhandle whatever I try to throw at it.

[quote name='a_bleak_tomorrow']i have like 768 mhz there is a 512 stick in there and an old 258 as well hahahah[/QUOTE]

WOW! LoL

I'm rocking 4 gigs on Vista Ultimate(32). I don't care if I can only use 3.2 or what ever, it was cheap so I went for it.

3GB in my primary, a Notebook. Don't feel a need for more in my Vista OS.

Wouldn't want any less then that though. Wasn't happy with XP til my XP box had 1GB ram in it.

Only 1GB.
I don't want to spend too much money upgrading my pc
(AMD Athlon 64 3200, ATI 9800SE - Suckie Edition).
I'll probably get a new one in two years.

[quote name='J7.']128 mb of ram.[/QUOTE]
ahhh...
are you running windows 98?

Depends on the computer, but both of my main computers have 3 gig running 32bit vista. The work computer (which I'm on now) has ddr400. My home gaming computer has 3 gig of DDR2 1066 ram. I have 11 other computers and the ram on those varies greatly.

[quote name='n25philly']Depends on the computer, but both of my main computers have 3 gig running 32bit vista. The work computer (which I'm on now) has ddr400. My home gaming computer has 3 gig of DDR2 1066 ram. I have 11 other computers and the ram on those varies greatly.[/QUOTE]

You know you said that just to drop the 121 pc bomb...!

I thought I had a lot as I have 1 laptop, 1 hooked up to my Entertainment center, Two on Lan in the basement and one other box for day to day use. So thats 5 total.

2GBs. It runs games and vista just fine. Maybe if I ever get a 64 bit system, then I will get 4GB or whatever else is the norm then.

I have 2GB of 184 pin DDR. I bought my mobo right before DDR2 became the new standard and I've really regretted it. Upgrading from 1GB to 2 (buying a 1GB stick) cost me three times as much as a gig of DDR2 RAM.

4 x 1GB corsairs that I had to overclock myself because the factory settings did not work properly resulting in slower timing (running them on dual channel)

[quote name='wbc1228']Only 1GB.
I don't want to spend too much money upgrading my pc
(AMD Athlon 64 3200, ATI 9800SE - Suckie Edition).
I'll probably get a new one in two years.

ahhh...
are you running windows 98?[/quote]
Yes, why?

I have 2GB each in my Lenovo/IBM Thinkpad and my MacBook Pro. So far both have fine performance so I haven't really tried to upgrade them.

Only one gig. Soon I'll have at least 2 gigs or even four gigs on my laptop. I have Vista Premium. So this should help, even though I don't use the aero interface.

[quote name='Hostile']I heard anything more than 2 GB is a waste unless you're using Vista or 64-bit XP. I have 2 GB...[/quote]

Anything more than 4GB is. 32-Bit operating systems support up to 4GB RAM.

[quote name='Access_Denied']Anything more than 4GB is. 32-Bit operating systems support up to 4GB RAM.[/QUOTE]

Only in windows

bread's done
Back