Five Worst Game to Movie Adaptions!

I kinda want to say Dead or Alive should take the spot of Mortal Kombat: Annihilation.

It was just so much more...painful.

[quote name='bardockkun']I kinda want to say Dead or Alive should take the spot of Mortal Kombat: Annihilation.

It was just so much more...painful.[/quote]

Worse than Mortal Kombat??

I didn't completely hate Dead or Alive. The plot was pretty bad but there was just something about the movie I liked. :D

[quote name='Layziebones']Worse than Mortal Kombat??

I didn't completely hate Dead or Alive. The plot was pretty bad but there was just something about the movie I liked. :D[/quote]
Mortal Kombat: Annihilation was cheesy and mediocre, exactly like MK3 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat (animalities, babalities, friendships, 40 different colored ninjas or robots, etc.). It basically was same experience as playing those games, especially now. Dead or Alive...Just, God. My brain....

And no Double Dragon?! Starring the guy from Party of Five in a movie that had shit to do with the game besides naming the main characters having the names Billy and Jimmy?

[quote name='bardockkun']And no Double Dragon?! Starring the guy from Party of Five in a movie that had shit to do with the game besides naming the main characters having the names Billy and Jimmy?[/quote]

Believe me, I could go on and on about how many of the movies just suck. it was a matter of which sucked the worst.

As far as video game movie adaptations, I actually LIKED Dead or Alive. The combat choreographer made the movie far more entertaining than Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, which was just an incohesive and unentertaining piece of garbage.

That and the fact that there were more hot girls in Dead or Alive instantly boosts its viability.

[quote name='GuardianE']As far as video game movie adaptations, I actually LIKED Dead or Alive. The combat choreographer made the movie far more entertaining than Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, which was just an incohesive and unentertaining piece of garbage.

That and the fact that there were more hot girls in Dead or Alive instantly boosts its viability.[/quote]

:applause:

Agreed.

The fact that Super Mario Bros. was only at #5 makes me question this list. Ok, I'll admit that the only other movie I've seen on the list is House of the Dead, but it's epic cheesiness made it way easier to watch than Super Mario Bros.

Im going to say this once, just the fact that it is an opinionated list, guarantees that opinions are going to differ. I can't make everyone happy and while some games were fairly bad, I believe that these were the worst. Feel free to submit your own list on the website.

[quote name='GuardianE']As far as video game movie adaptations, I actually LIKED Dead or Alive. The combat choreographer made the movie far more entertaining than Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, which was just an incohesive and unentertaining piece of garbage.

That and the fact that there were more hot girls in Dead or Alive instantly boosts its viability.[/quote]

That's exactly what I was going to say.

Dead or Alive was a really fun movie IMO. It isn't Oscar material, but it has hot chicks kicking ass, the fight choreography was for the most part VERY good, other than the casting of Devon Aoki as Kasumi (who just didn't look the part at all) I thought it was a fun B-movie to watch.

Jaime Pressley as Tina. :drool::bouncy: If there was ever an actress born to play a DOA girl, she is the one.

I haven't even heard of 2 of them on there. Honestly, I'd have to say the Silent Hill movie should've been up there somewhere. Not only did it lose the essence of the original (and the series as a whole), it just...wasn't scary.
And shouldn't they invert the list? It seems to me that Blood Rayne was better than the other ones up there :T

[quote name='rapsodist']How did Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever not make the list?[/quote]

I don't believe there was a video game of Ballistic. There were two games after the movie, but the movie wasn't based on a video game and thus isn't eligible for the list, but it was a terrible movie.

[quote name='Layziebones']I don't believe there was a video game of Ballistic. There were two games after the movie, but the movie wasn't based on a video game and thus isn't eligible for the list, but it was a terrible movie.[/quote]

The first game was actually released before the movie. It's my understanding that the game was based on a movie screenplay that never went to production. After the game's minor success, the screenplay was resurrected, retooled, and turned into a bad movie.

But it may be for the best if you don't include the movie on your list. Most people have likely forgotten it by now, so any mention will only help ingratiate it with people with morbid curiosities.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rapsodist']The first game was actually released before the movie. It's my understanding that the game was based on a movie screenplay that went to production. After the game's minor success, the screenplay was resurrected, retooled, and turned into a bad movie.

But it may be for the best if you don't include the movie on your list. Most people have likely forgotten it by now, so any mention will only help ingratiate it with people with morbid curiosities.[/quote]

It's better people don't remember that movie. :D

[quote name='DragonClaw']Uwe Boll FTW. The hilarious thing is he thinks he is the best movie dirrecter after garbage like blood rayne and house of the dead. Both are nearly unwatchable unless you enjoy a splash of unitended humor with your garbage movies. [/quote]

I don't know if it's funny or sad, but have you seen how much it costs to make his movies??? Uwe hasn't broke even on a single flick....

Oddly no Final Fantasy mentioned yet. That movie really hurt when it was released because I was a FF fanboy and was baffled at what the movie was attempting.

I really hope Uwe Boll never gets his grubby little hands on a game I enjoy. So far I've been spared the agony of seeing a beloved franchise get shit on.

[quote name='DragonClaw']Oddly no Final Fantasy mentioned yet. That movie really hurt when it was released because I was a FF fanboy and was baffled at what the movie was attempting.[/quote]

I was severely disappointed by FF The Spirits Within, too, but at the end of the day, it's just a mediocre movie whose primary fault was that it had little in common with any of the FF games. The other movies being discussed in this thread and the OP link are legendarily bad, far, far beyond FF The Spirits Within.

I thought Spirits Within was awesome. Advent Children, however, was garbage IMO. The only thing could about Advent Children was the fact that actual characters from a Final Fantasy game were in it.

[quote name='DragonClaw']Oddly no Final Fantasy mentioned yet. That movie really hurt when it was released because I was a FF fanboy and was baffled at what the movie was attempting.[/quote]

True the movie plot kind of came out of nowhere, but come on, James Woods is an automatic win.

[quote name='rapsodist']I was severely disappointed by FF The Spirits Within, too, but at the end of the day, it's just a mediocre movie whose primary fault was that it had little in common with any of the FF games. The other movies being discussed in this thread and the OP link are legendarily bad, far, far beyond FF The Spirits Within.[/quote]

The only thing The Spirits Within had in common with the game was that there was a tiny chocobo emblem on Aki Ross's uniform. That's it. It really disappointed me too, because I felt absolutely nothing for the characters. I agree that I wouldn't call it garbage, but since I find character development to be Final Fantasy's strong point, I felt confused and betrayed.

Honestly, never was a big FF fan, but I prefered Spirits Within over Advent Children because AT LEAST it made some sense compared to "Oh look! For no fucking reason at all, here's Sephiroth!" And if anyone is going to try and make sense of it to me, save your breath. I won't understand a goddamn thing you say and it'll still make no sense as to why the fuck Sephiroth appeared and then disappeared for REASONS UNEXPLAINED.

Blasphemy i know, but in the end they were both mediocre (at best) movies.

No real argument with the choices - I don't watch a lot of movies - but the descriptions of the movies were all pretty mediocre. It's bad, the acting's bad, it's stupid, etc. I guess it works for people who have watched all these movies, but for those of us who don't like self-flagellation and thus haven't watched Wing Commander, a bit of an explanation and maybe a few examples would be nice.

[quote name='The Crotch']No real argument with the choices - I don't watch a lot of movies - but the descriptions of the movies were all pretty mediocre. It's bad, the acting's bad, it's stupid, etc. I guess it works for people who have watched all these movies, but for those of us who don't like self-flagellation and thus haven't watched Wing Commander, a bit of an explanation and maybe a few examples would be nice.[/quote]

Believe me, if there was even a single part of any of these movies that someone could comprehend, i could attempt to describe them. With these movies, the less you know, the better. :D

Then... shouldn't you have not made an article about them? Shouldn't you have spent that time gathering an army of mercenaries, assassins, rustlers, cutthroats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperadoes, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswagglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass kickers, shit kickers, and Methodists to hunt down every single person who has watched them so as to prevent them from spreading any knowledge about these films to other people?

Because that's what I'm doing. If you see any Methodists walking down the street towards you, dive into the bushes.

Then I'm a marked man! I own many of these on DVD, thanks to my so-bad-it's-good shelf. Plus I've actually been to a (free) Postal screening with an Uwe Boll Q&A. In my defense, I was dragged there by my brother, and I believe it was one of the worst nights of my life.

I was thinking of renting Bloodrayne for Kristanna Loken's ta-tas, but then I realized that I have the internet and people who like to vidrip.

FF: Spirits Within was pretty poor.

I don't get all the hate for Street Fighter, it's a fun tongue-in-cheek action flick as long as you don't get all bent out of shape about OMG THEY MADE BALROG A GOOD GUY AND CHUN-LI IS A DETECTIVE NOT A REPORTER!!! Great performance by Raul Julia. Very quotable too. I pull it out a few times a year. Looking forward to the new one too even though it's lacking in Van Damme.

Hopefully the new one won't be all kinds of suck. I must admit that I did laugh during the Street Fighter movie, which is more than I can say for the movies on the OP list.

If anyone hasn't seen Street Fighter: The Animated Movie, I highly highly recommend it.

[quote name='GuardianE']I must admit that I did laugh during the Street Fighter movie[/quote]The "stealth boat" that can't be seen on a TV monitor (even though you can see the wake behind it) is just priceless.

I got my Street Fighter DVD signed by writer Steven de Souza last year at Comic Con. He wrote: "Are you man enough to fight me???" I went with the intention of asking him why he ruined one of my childhood dreams, but he was such a gentle, fatherly figure that I was completely disarmed. I'm still in disbelief that such a nice, sweet man was the writer of Die Hard and Street Fighter. I'm also in disbelief that the same man wrote Die Hard and Street Fighter but that's another story.

[quote name='The Crotch']Then... shouldn't you have not made an article about them? Shouldn't you have spent that time gathering an army of mercenaries, assassins, rustlers, cutthroats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperadoes, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswagglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass kickers, shit kickers, and Methodists to hunt down every single person who has watched them so as to prevent them from spreading any knowledge about these films to other people?

.[/quote]

That is Phase 2 :)

Wow! I didnt even know they made a Super Mario Bros. film :oops:

Looks like i didnt miss out but i still feel ashamed that i didnt know their was one!

Street Fighter was amazing. The fact that Guile is played by a Frenchmen makes it so. He even retains the US flag tattoos. Carlos "Charlie" Blanka rules over all.

I thought Postal was good for some laughs and was the one Uwe Boll did right. Mainly because it was supposed to be highly offensive, and it was.

[quote name='xDARKx Knight']Wow! I didnt even know they made a Super Mario Bros. film :oops:

Looks like i didnt miss out but i still feel ashamed that i didnt know their was one![/quote]

It might be worth checking out just to see how horrible it is. IT is laughably bad, but only once.

Lol, i just watched the first 10 minutes on youtube. It looks like its all there. I got bored though...closed it down when "Luigi" let Daisy use the payphone lol. Was wierd, it has nothing to do with the actual game does it :)

And whats with the accents? I like(d) Hoskins aswell...Who Framed Roger Rabbit FTW :D!

[quote name='xDARKx Knight']Lol, i just watched the first 10 minutes on youtube. It looks like its all there. I got bored though...closed it down when "Luigi" let Daisy use the payphone lol. Was wierd, it has nothing to do with the actual game does it :)

And whats with the accents? I like(d) Hoskins aswell...Who Framed Roger Rabbit FTW :D![/quote]

It gets much weirder.

none of these games should have been made into movies in the first place. how the hell would you make a "good" movie about mario bros? then again, i do love campy action movies so some of this does appeal to me.

The list

Super Mario Brothers- yeah kind of lame

Wing Commander- I liked this movie...granted I was a little loopy from vicoden when I watched it both times though

House of the Dead- THIS IS THE WORST EVER

Mortal Kombat- A- yeah there description is spot on...not worthy of that low by itself its main problem is that the first one is a classic and this one is far from it....It would probably be at #5 on my list

Bloodrayne- only seen the first one, wasnt horrible but it wasnt good either. Alone in the dark- never seen it, Postal- never seen it

bread's done
Back