50%+ Off Select Used Games at GameStop

• Please log in to reply
383 replies to this topic

#361 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:19 AM

Red Steel and Vegas scanned regular price for me today. I didn't really want them, but they were $20 and $18.

Everyone who joins the CAG XBox One Conga Line from now until my 11 referrals are met are entered into a drawing to win a FREE $60 game from me! So get going - the Gamefly referral costs nothing, and others are as low as $1!

http://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

Join the CAG XB1 Conga Line and get an XB1 or $400+gift cardhttp://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

#362 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:43 AM

went to another gs today, and got graw fo like 4 bucks. i was telling the guy check this one . and he was like how did you know about these. i just said i was psycic. has any body checked perfect dark zero. i know is old but would be nice to get for 4 or 5 bucks. so i can confirm the following are 1/2 off

madden 07 and 08
nba live 06
the darkness
ncaa o8 and 07 march madness

forza 2
mau
rainbow six vegas

oddly nba live o7 not 1/2 off

Forza 2 is half off? So $7.50?

#363 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:58 AM

Red Steel and Vegas scanned regular price for me today. I didn't really want them, but they were $20 and $18.

Someone correct me if Im wrong, but I think they're suppose to hit the F12 button or something to update the price?

Nothing to see here, move along!

#364 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:00 AM

Someone correct me if Im wrong, but I think they're suppose to hit the F12 button or something to update the price?

Yeah, just scanning the item(s) will only give you the original price.

#365 Ravenous

Ravenous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:00 AM

So are there PS3 games on sale? id get Darkness, FEAR, Rainbow 6 Vegas, etc

#366 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:01 AM

Yeah, I hope that's what happened to the previous poster. I'd hate to see the sale end-- it was nice to see GRAW and MUA trickle in. Gives hope some other interesting games will come through.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#367 lorne

lorne

Sweeping the Ruins

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:26 AM

Yeah, I hope that's what happened to the previous poster. I'd hate to see the sale end-- it was nice to see GRAW and MUA trickle in. Gives hope some other interesting games will come through.

Same here. Gamestop should make the 50% off bins fixtures in their stores from now on.

#368 Monroeski

Monroeski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:29 PM

I think about getting The Darkness every time I've entered the store for the last few weeks. Great price on it, just not sure when I'd find time to play it.

I picked up MUA on Saturday, so thanks for the heads up.

I went into my local store and asked for a copy, then asked if it was half off. The employee said no, and I asked him to scan it anyway because a friend had told me he got it for that price. He reluctantly did it, but mentioned at least one more time that it was not half off. He scans it and then says, oh they must have added this to the list. He was very apologetic saying, I did not mean to mislead you but I did not think it was half off.

I only mention it, because I think he was sincerely sorry for telling me know (i could tell by the tone of voice) and it was nice to talk to a GS employee that was not a holier than thou douchebag.

He was still a holier than thou douchebag until he was busted.

#369 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:25 PM

Okay good to know. I played through vegas already and didn't particluarly like red steel so it's no big loss. Did someone say scrapland was a 50% title too?

Everyone who joins the CAG XBox One Conga Line from now until my 11 referrals are met are entered into a drawing to win a FREE $60 game from me! So get going - the Gamefly referral costs nothing, and others are as low as $1!

http://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

Join the CAG XB1 Conga Line and get an XB1 or $400+gift cardhttp://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

#370 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:47 PM

Same here. Gamestop should make the 50% off bins fixtures in their stores from now on.

Seriously. It would certainly give me motivation to go in more often, and that is what they want, after all. I know I stop by my local TRU as often as I can, because they have a nice, big clearance bin that they are constantly dumping stuff into. If this 50% bin was always in their stores and always having old crap added to it, I would certainly stop in and check it out whenever I go by.

He was still a holier than thou douchebag until he was busted.

:-s:-k

Do you even know what the phrase "holier than thou" means? How did this GS employee exhibit an attitude of superior virtue? All he said was that the game was not part of the promotion, and he was wrong. He also apologized. Sometimes, people get a little carried away with their GS bashing. Even the poster who experienced this gave him credit for apologizing.

#371 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:57 PM

:-s:-k

Do you even know what the phrase "holier than thou" means? How did this GS employee exhibit an attitude of superior virtue? All he said was that the game was not part of the promotion, and he was wrong. He also apologized. Sometimes, people get a little carried away with their GS bashing. Even the poster who experienced this gave him credit for apologizing.

He said numerous times that it wasn't 50% off, while reluctantly scanning it. Once he realized he was proven wrong by a customer, he changed his tune. That is still a douchebag attitude. Now if he had said he didn't think it was, but said "Let's scan it to see," it would have been a different situation.

So, until he scanned it his attitude was, in fact, holier than thou. The only thing that made him different was he apologized, while other GS employees would have blamed another employee for not pricing it properly, never admitting they were wrong.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#372 Bubick

Bubick

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:03 PM

Found Madden '08 and Marvel Alliance (not Gold) in the 50% off bin at the local GameStop (near Philly). Between that discount and the Edge Card, grand total for both together was about $13 !!

#373 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:10 PM

He said numerous times that it wasn't 50% off, while reluctantly scanning it. Once he realized he was proven wrong by a customer, he changed his tune. That is still a douchebag attitude. Now if he had said he didn't think it was, but said "Let's scan it to see," it would have been a different situation.

So, until he scanned it his attitude was, in fact, holier than thou. The only thing that made him different was he apologized, while other GS employees would have blamed another employee for not pricing it properly, never admitting they were wrong.

Whatever you say. Nonetheless, it has nothing to do with acting holier than thou.

#374 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2008 - 05:12 AM

went to another gs today, and got graw fo like 4 bucks. i was telling the guy check this one . and he was like how did you know about these. i just said i was psycic. has any body checked perfect dark zero. i know is old but would be nice to get for 4 or 5 bucks. so i can confirm the following are 1/2 off

madden 07 and 08
nba live 06
the darkness
ncaa o8 and 07 march madness

forza 2
mau
rainbow six vegas

oddly nba live o7 not 1/2 off

I had an employee scan Forza (and I saw him press F12 if that matters) and it was normal price. I didn't see MAU or R6V in the bin either.

#375 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2008 - 07:21 AM

Spectrobes appears to be added to the 50% off sale. It's 14.99 used, making it a little under 7.50 after Edge card.
I wish they'd add more DS games-- GS employees, know of any drops? Madden 08 for PS3 was in the bin too.

#376 DigitalE

DigitalE

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:28 PM

i think i would get timesplitters 3 but im sure it isnt bc for 360.

Nope, it's not. I really wish it was though :( It was my favorite game on the original Xbox.

#377 Sa2vador

Sa2vador

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2008 - 05:09 AM

Sunday is the last day for this BTW.

#378 Quintox

Quintox

Chicken Chaser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2008 - 05:48 AM

Whoa whoa call me noob, but if it isn't in the bin but is in the OP and on the shelf, will it ring up half off?

My GS still has the bin out as of today (ok technically yesterday)

#379 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:17 AM

Whoa whoa call me noob, but if it isn't in the bin but is in the OP and on the shelf, will it ring up half off?

My GS still has the bin out as of today (ok technically yesterday)

The promo should automatically come up for the game as long as the promo is still in effect. It doesnt matter if the employee didnt put it in the bin. If you want to make sure, just mention that you saw that it was part of the 50% off promo list online or something.

#380 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2008 - 11:28 PM

apparently the deal is dead, my local GameStop no longer has a bin and put all the games back on the shelf

#381 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:25 AM

yeah it ended yesterday

#382 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:27 AM

Sucks. I got a couple of decent deals out of it. Hope they deemed it worthy to do again.

#383 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:38 AM

Got a few cheap items from this too, complete prey and completed my BK collection. Not much, but something ^_^

Nothing to see here, move along!

#384 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:08 AM

I had planned on picking up MUA 360 but I kept putting it off. I remembered Sunday at around 6:45 pm, after seeing it on here, that the deal ended that day. There is only 1 GS in my area that closes at 7pm on Sundays, so I raced down there. I made it into the store at 6:55 pm. I looked in the 360 section and found 3 copies of MUA but they were disc only. :cry:

The funny part is that I had been at 2 other GS earlier that day. #-oI guess I will still pick it up for $6.99 (after coupon and Edge) but the CAG in me regrets not getting it for $3.99. :wall:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Games Beaten: 2012 2011 2010 2009