Photo
- - - - -

Madden 09 Pre-order w/$10 Gift Card at Amazon, TRU 20% off, Best Buy $10 off and more

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#181 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2008 - 04:24 PM

I reached behind the counter and grabbed about 10 of those 20% off coupon books. The 20% off doesn't start until the 15th, though.

#182 Organ Donor

Organ Donor

Watch his Bull Charge!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:22 PM

For those of you who haven't picked up Madden yet, you may want to hold off till next week when TRU has their buy one 360 game get one 50% off sale.

#183 CheapBastardToo

CheapBastardToo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2008 - 06:20 PM

For those of you who haven't picked up Madden yet, you may want to hold off till next week when TRU has their buy one 360 game get one 50% off sale.

Or you might want to hold off... a while. Got it yesterday. If you're interested in playing against the AI, you're screwed. The AI is absolutely terrible in this version, to the point of being unplayable. AI QBs have magic arms and seem to connect 95% of the time, AI receivers run out of bounds if they are within 5 yards of the sideline, regardless of time on the clock or presence of defensive players. The game is pretty, but the gameplay is godawful. This is easily the worst Madden version in my memory.

#184 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2008 - 06:31 PM

From what I have been hearing it loosk like TRU doesnt carry the Collectors Edition, is this true?

Also went to TRU and couldn't find this coupon book. Just found a back to school one with copons for related crap.

Edited by GeorgeCostanza, 13 August 2008 - 06:32 PM.
idiot

Posted Image

#185 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:47 PM

So I returned the CE to Gamestop today. The moron there was like "Uhhh next time you probably won't get all of your credit back since I saw you used the 40% coupon towards the reservation. But I'll give it to you this one time." I'm like yeah, that coupon never said I had to keep the damn game if I decided I didn't want it after picking it up. You got your damn reservation, I returned the actual game two days after I bought it. If you want to take that 40% back, then I want to take my games I traded in with that back as well.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#186 thenockmlb

thenockmlb

Let's Go Cubbies!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:33 PM

Apparently the TRU in my area has a different time period for their weekly ad. They must have just recently changed, the ad runs Friday-Thursday now. So, the $10 gift card and figure promotion was over when I went in today, but I still bought it with the 20% off. I might return it if something better is in the ad for next week.

#187 VashandWolfwood

VashandWolfwood

Space Available For Rent

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:21 PM

I posted this in the ad thread for this week but figured I'd post it here too.

If your store has the promotion still going on, the 20% coupon works getting the figure and giftcard. That also requires your store to have the figures still in stock(Mine ran out on Tuesday except for employees who were holding it).

#188 Dragunz

Dragunz

I Like Pho.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:02 PM

Can anyone re-post the TRU coupon? It says image is un-available from Toaster's post from page 6.

Want to win a $25 Amazon GC AND get a FREE Xbox One? Click HERE

426575.png

The Super Awesum CAG Crew: killer9, blissskr, advanced, GenPirate, DarkRider23, rickyff7, LegendK7ll3r, and whoever I missed.

#189 Jagged Toaster

Jagged Toaster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:19 PM

Can anyone re-post the TRU coupon? It says image is un-available from Toaster's post from page 6.

Because I deleted it. Mwahaha. I can't find it on my computer either, and I can't find the original. Bummer.

#190 Exodus.Lang

Exodus.Lang

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:47 PM

Grr, stupid TRUs around here don't have Madden 09 CE.

#191 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:56 PM

Grr, stupid TRUs around here don't have Madden 09 CE.

TRU doesn't carry CE.

#192 Exodus.Lang

Exodus.Lang

Posted 19 August 2008 - 05:04 PM

TRU doesn't carry CE.

Some don't, but others had a placeholder case for the game.

Still, I'm afraid you'll be right in the end.

#193 expane

expane

Tappin out posers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:01 PM

Can I get my $60 back? Madden is a bug filled mess!
Posted Image

#194 Haggar

Haggar

Mayor of Metro City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 02:28 PM

Just got my $10 Amazon gift card code via email.

#195 Se7en69

Se7en69

Revolutionary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 02:41 PM

Same here. Got the $10 Amazon Gift Card

#196 Pootie Thang

Pootie Thang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 02:52 PM

Ditto
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#197 goldeneye64

goldeneye64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:10 PM

I was able to get the CE edition for the Ps3 on Saturday at TRU. Used the 20% off coupon, a $10 off $50 card i got in the mail from TRU, and also received the $10 gift card. So saved $38 on my purchase.

The computer completes too many passes and the wide receivers run out of bounds after 5 yards are my two main complaints bur supposedly they are working on fixes for the 2nd update.

Edited by goldeneye64, 21 August 2008 - 12:23 AM.

#198 expane

expane

Tappin out posers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:23 PM

got my coupon today as well.

But madden still has broken AI, broken player progression and a broken franchise mode. Oh and the running game is a meaningless clock eater.
Posted Image

#199 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:24 PM

For anyone looking for the Collector's Edition for Madden 09 in Toys R Us and you live in Southern California, The following stores showed inventory in the computer system this morning when I left work. You might have to call to confirm.

SKN # 101898

Los Angeles - off La Crenega (showed 3)
Torrance (showed 3)
Culver City (Showed 3)
Newhall (showed 3)
Los Angeles - off Los Feliz (Showed 3)
Each of these stores recieved 4 total.

No stores in Orange or San Diego County got any in. The only other store was Bakersfield but they show that they sold out.