broken xbox

homeland

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
I came across my old xbox that had broken on me and had forced me to buy another one. I was about to throw it away but figured it wouldn't hurt to fool around with it and try to fix it. So here's the deal...

The dvd drive won't work, it doesn't open. I've stuck a nail in that small hole that is suppose to open the dvd drive, it doesn't work. I've opened the case and taken the dvd drive out of the case (its a samsung) and pushed on the exposed gears and that finally got it to open.

Also there is no signal to the tv. I've tried 2 different cables and nothing shows up on the tv.

On the plus side. It turns on and the light is green..

Any suggests, or should I just throw it away?

Scrap the hard drive & power supply unit and sell them on ebay. There's still a demand for them. I recently bought a power supply for my Xbox on there and seems like the newer model that the power supply is, the more you'll get for it.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Scrap the hard drive & power supply unit and sell them on ebay. There's still a demand for them. I recently bought a power supply for my Xbox on there and seems like the newer model that the power supply is, the more you'll get for it.[/quote]

lol the hard drives are locked and you need a mod chip or modded xbox to unlock the hard drive for use in PC or another xbox

bread's done
Back