Photo
- - - - -

Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle Cars - $9.99 - $5 Sale From 10/15 to 10/29

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#31 basilofbkrst

basilofbkrst

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:42 AM

I guess we can. I probably won't be able to get on to create it tonight, but if you want to go ahead and do it, be my guest.

Recorded my first online match and uploaded it to Youtube:

Scored two goals in a 4-3 overtime loss and earned MVP honors.

awesome match, but the video is missing super duper awesome blood pumping music of Fuck yeah.
Also, tried the card again, and another card but they refused to work. Im going to Blockbuster tomarrow to grab a network card, I'm quitin' this CC mess.

Edited by basilofbkrst, 12 October 2008 - 04:53 AM.

#32 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 12 October 2008 - 12:24 PM

The game's developer has been posting on GAF, and he mentioned the game was built around online multi-player. Many people at GAF who actually purchased it said it has a lot of features. From what I can tell, it's difficult to tell by playing the demo.
Posted Image

#33 happy

happy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2008 - 12:34 PM

Are a lot of people playing. My fear is that after a few weeks nobody will be online (especially with LBP coming out soon). The demo seemed like it could be a lot of fun for a change of pace, and the devs seem like they want to provide a lot of support.

#34 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2008 - 07:19 AM

I've created a CAG team, so if you've got the game and want on it, let me know and I'll invite you on to the team since I don't think you can apply for the team.

As for the amount of people playing, I wouldn't say that there's a ton or that it's a ghost town, but I wouldn't be surprised if the community dries up at some point if the developers aren't able to get new content out there to keep people coming back after all of the big games coming this holiday season.

I've got a review that'll be coming out soon, so I'll make sure to post it for those of you that are wanting to hear more opinions on the game.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#35 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 18 December 2008 - 03:52 PM

Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars is getting a little bit smaller tomorrow. And by that, we don't mean the name -- we mean the price. The PlayStation Network-exclusive title will drop to $9.99.

If the price drop isn't enticing enough, Psyonix is also adding a brand new arena to the game for absolutely free -- no need to buy DLC. Here's the full list of new features:

1. New "Cosmic" arena
2. Improved performance in network games
3. A server browser has been added during matchmaking
4. Players can now view leaderboards during matchmaking
5. News updates appear on the online page
6. Meters added to evaluate players' connection speed
7. Headsets can be plugged-in or swapped during gameplay

We always love seeing developers offering free updates to their games. Perhaps you'll want to check out SARPBC later tonight on the PlayStation Store.

http://www.ps3fanboy...ets-update-and/

The price drop and stuff seem very nice.
Posted Image

#36 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2008 - 06:31 PM

Some info on the new arena:

At absolutely no cost to the player "Cosmic," the newly added arena, presents a brand-new challenge to Battle-Cars combatants by integrating quarter-pipe ramps that lead up to each of the goals. Gamers will be graced with the majestic view of deep-space as the arena orbits a beautiful yet mysterious uncharted planet. Like other SARPBC arenas, "Cosmic" places the focus on teamwork and communication, but never lets fun fall in second place.

Sounds like a good arena, so I'll have to boot this up today to download the patch.

#37 fuss

fuss

Insert Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2008 - 01:11 AM

I am on the borderline of pulling the trigger for this one...

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#38 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 19 December 2008 - 01:14 AM

I am on the borderline of pulling the trigger for this one...

I feel the same way too.
Posted Image

#39 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2008 - 01:18 AM

The update's finally up for the few that have this game. It's about 55 MB.

#40 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:56 AM

This game is great. The whole team aspect is cool and they have designated nights (Tues & Sat at 8pmEST) for team tournaments and to play against the devs. Plus it is a blast with friends. For sure worth the $10
"Like Normal People"
Virtual trophies are for those who have nothing they excel at in reality.

Posted Image
"Confrontation is the one among many of its kind that will only be used by the elite players and clans. All others who only want to play for a few hours and dream of a new generation of experience, should choose another game"-Eurogamer

#41 fuss

fuss

Insert Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:19 PM

So I pulled the trigger and picked this up - and glad I did. Looks like a fun game. Can I get an invte to the team?

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#42 x3x1x

x3x1x

So fresh and so clean

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:45 PM

We have a TEAM?!?!? I tried finding this thread the other day but my searching skills were off I guess. Anyway, I play this every night and it's hellafun. Wouldn't mind getting some action with people I'd actually talk to over mic.

#43 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:47 PM

I really want to buy this, but I need to purchase another PSN card to purchase it.

I LOVE the demo.
Posted Image

#44 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:47 PM

So I pulled the trigger and picked this up - and glad I did. Looks like a fun game. Can I get an invte to the team?

I think you have to be on SARPBC at the same time as the leader.

We have a TEAM?!?!? I tried finding this thread the other day but my searching skills were off I guess. Anyway, I play this every night and it's hellafun. Wouldn't mind getting some action with people I'd actually talk to over mic.

We have a team! Not sure about CAG but I went ahead and made a Team Michigan team so we can squad up. Plus you guys were the only others I know who have it. Socal you are more than welcome to become an honorary Team MI member!
"Like Normal People"

Posted Image
"Confrontation is the one among many of its kind that will only be used by the elite players and clans. All others who only want to play for a few hours and dream of a new generation of experience, should choose another game"-Eurogamer

#45 fuss

fuss

Insert Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:34 PM

I think you have to be on SARPBC at the same time as the leader.

We have a team! Not sure about CAG but I went ahead and made a Team Michigan team so we can squad up. Plus you guys were the only others I know who have it. Socal you are more than welcome to become an honorary Team MI member!

W00t! I do have family in Owosso and Elsie so its not that far of a strech.

GO BLUE!

I have done the minigames up to the 4 vs 1 where I get my ass kicked hardcore. Seems like two of the cars just sit there and ram me without end. And I played 2 online matches - both agains 'youcantwin77' and he slaughtered me, but I did get the hat trick trophy so I guess its ok. But for only like less than 2 hours of gameplay I think I did ok.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#46 x3x1x

x3x1x

So fresh and so clean

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:05 PM

W00t! I do have family in Owosso and Elsie so its not that far of a strech.

GO BLUE!

I have done the minigames up to the 4 vs 1 where I get my ass kicked hardcore. Seems like two of the cars just sit there and ram me without end. And I played 2 online matches - both agains 'youcantwin77' and he slaughtered me, but I did get the hat trick trophy so I guess its ok. But for only like less than 2 hours of gameplay I think I did ok.

I've completed all the minigames, I think my grand total for those star is somewhere around 60. The last couple took quite a few do-overs.

Think I played "youcantwin77" before, pretty sure I got slaughtered too. I also keep running into this guy named "SoCaBoi" it through me off once or twice thinking it was you.

Also, sucks you can only do unranked friend games, need to work my way towards more trophies!

#47 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:43 PM

I've completed all the minigames, I think my grand total for those star is somewhere around 60. The last couple took quite a few do-overs.

Think I played "youcantwin77" before, pretty sure I got slaughtered too. I also keep running into this guy named "SoCaBoi" it through me off once or twice thinking it was you.

Also, sucks you can only do unranked friend games, need to work my way towards more trophies!

I saw both you guys on it last night but couldnt bring myself to quit Socom. Shoot me a PSN message when you guys get on tonight so I can add both of you guys to the team. Ill try to coordinate with Stranded and Hone as well.
"Like Normal People"

Posted Image

#48 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:53 PM

I think the only limit to getting on the CAG team is that you have to be on my friends list, so if you want on, feel free to send me a friend request and I can add whoever wants on the team.

#49 fuss

fuss

Insert Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:19 AM

Had a blast playing those few games online tonight with yall. Too bad at this point being on my team is like picking the short stick hahaha.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#50 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2009 - 04:59 PM

http://blog.us.plays...er-free-update/

Another free update is out now and here is what it adds/fixes:

• It’s free!
  • Two brand new maps: “Galleon”, set aboard a pirate ship at night, and “Stadium”, based on a sprawling European-style football field (cheering fans included!)
  • Many improvements to the handling of lag and servers with slow internet connections in general
  • Two new skins for each car, 14 in total
  • Updates to our unique replay editor so you can more easily record your favorite highlights and upload them directly to YouTube!
  • Tons of bug fixes and general improvements

#51 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:35 AM

Still love this game. Online is still very active as well. Sadly it never became a Team MI regular...

#52 x3x1x

x3x1x

So fresh and so clean

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2009 - 03:51 AM

All you gotta do is bump the thread and they come a callin'

#53 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2009 - 12:55 AM

We should play some of the new course some time

#54 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2009 - 07:58 AM

http://ps3.ign.com/a.../1034347p1.html

SARPBC will be on sale for $5 for two weeks starting with Thursday's update.

#55 Psyonix-DavidB

Psyonix-DavidB

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:43 PM

Hey guys,

Sorry to res this thread, but I wanted to let you all know that we (Psyonix) are having a little friendly contets/giveaway.

You can find out more here:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=262102

Hope to see some of you there. :)