CAGcast #130: Joe Schmoe's Penis World

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#31 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:20 PM

Cheapy, are you going to wait for the Japanese po-po to come knocking our your door about the Pizza Guy incident? I think the paranoia would crush me, and I'd want to go directly to the station to help out his cause by providing evidence/try to spring him.

They're going to find you, eventually...

#32 HotShotX

HotShotX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:33 PM

To touch on Wombat's comment on user-created levels and penis-worlds, I'd like to point out that some of the best maps and gametypes come from regular users using Halo 3's Forge.

Wombat, come join us this Tuesday at 9pm EST for the CAG Halo 3 night. It's an awesome 2 hours of custom maps ranging some simple changes on standard maps to "how the Fuck did they do that" that will definitely change your mind on user-created content (at least for Halo 3), and perhaps penises in general.

Send me a PM and I'll make sure we have a spot reserved for you. The group's thread is here:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=182971

~HotShotX

Edited by HotShotX, 11 August 2008 - 02:00 PM.

#33 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:38 PM

I'm with Wombat in that I don't have the patience to make my own levels, but that won't stop me from enjoying what other more patient and creative people can come up with.

Here is the link to the book Cheapy mentioned: Arcade Mania

Edited by ratzombie, 11 August 2008 - 02:02 PM.

#34 chewster777

chewster777

Do a barrel roll!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 02:02 PM

I like mondays now.

#35 SnotRocket

SnotRocket

$20? To much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 02:40 PM

I really dig the idea of Cheapy taking the watchers to different places in Japan, either places we all know about or little places no one knows about. Japan has so much crap to do in it that even if we were to visit we would never see everything so I think having a video of things to do around town would be interesting. Take us out to eat, take us to buy a DVD either at a store or from a pirate.

As for the wombat video have wombat review a game he's playing on the train for about 30-60 seconds. Real quick and to the point with some wombat-tude.

banner1.gif
fss_overall.png

#36 ParticleReality

ParticleReality

The Best Mayne, I deed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:04 PM

Actually, there was a black guy in Top Gun. His name was Troy Hunter and he played a Radio Operator. IMDB also has a listing for this movie.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0403081/

#37 JadedJedi

JadedJedi

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:06 PM

If the police drag you in for questioning, I would call the american embassy. They might be able to help you. If I were you, I would start to let my hair grow in. Why is it people always seem to make penises when there is user created content?
Posted Image Posted Image

#38 youruglyclone

youruglyclone

Last Man in Userplane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:22 PM

Ugh, how many times do we have to hear why Wombat isn't interested in LBP? The devs have said there will be a bunch of included levels as well as a story mode. Do you really think it will be hard to find worthwhile user created content?

As far a value is concerned, LBP is unique in that there will always be new (and arguably better) content. Once people really get a handle on using the tools we'll see some really cool and creative levels.

I'm glad wombat isn't fawning over LBP like the rest of the world. I never found LBP too exciting but yet have to endure everyone in the gaming media gush over how great it is. User generated content is as good as the users generating it...and frankly I'm going to pay for a game, not a powerpoint replacement. Dropping 60 bucks for a toolkit isn't exactly making me run to my retailer.

Re: Wombat's Madden gripe

yeah thought it was funny that Shockey was in the lineup, considering he was out for most of the season.

#39 XTommyDonX

XTommyDonX

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:13 PM

Cheapy, I have to say that you are indeed in a very unlucky situation. The pizza guy ruins your night right after shaving his head. May I suggest growing your hair back?

Edited by XTommyDonX, 11 August 2008 - 04:56 PM.

#40 Up2Somthng

Up2Somthng

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:23 PM

Wombat re: Top Gun - you really don't remember the RIO that Maverick had after Goose died? The guy that got in Marerick's face and told him how easy that shot was, but Marverick was having none of that, "he would engage when he was damn well ready!" I know it was a small part but it wasn't like the guy was just in the background or something.... Looking on the IMBD the guys name is Clarence Gilyard Jr and his callsign was Sundown.

#41 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:58 PM

Wombat re: Top Gun - you really don't remember the RIO that Maverick had after Goose died? The guy that got in Marerick's face and told him how easy that shot was, but Marverick was having none of that, "he would engage when he was damn well ready!" I know it was a small part but it wasn't like the guy was just in the background or something.... Looking on the IMBD the guys name is Clarence Gilyard Jr and his callsign was Sundown.

I thought it was Merlin that took over for Goose, I am so embarrassed

#42 RobotChickenMk1

RobotChickenMk1

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:00 PM

In reference to the whole replica Lancer thing, you only get the game with it if you're willing to pay $209 as a bundle style thing. Not saying its not worth it, just saying... what are games companies willing to do to squeeze money out of their big titles?

#43 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:04 PM

Great show. CheapyD is always a little too into himself, but it's ok. btw what ever happened to baby Womabt? We would get updates all the time when Tai was born.

As for Cheapy's vids, I'd like to see CheapyD outside doing something, perhaps trying a UFO machine or buying something at toys R us...

Edited by thorbahn3, 11 August 2008 - 06:27 PM.

My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#44 Ramza394

Ramza394

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Wombat
I thought it was Merlin that took over for Goose, I am so embarrassed :shock:

Cheapy you can be my new wingman any day, sorry wombat. Great show as always.

#45 John

John

Illusive Programmer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:16 PM

Braid was a $10 game right up until the last level - for me, that alone warranted the extra $5.

#46 davkeats

davkeats

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:26 PM

Video Podcast:

Since this is a Video Game Podcast, how about bringing your camera to different Video Game stores and even Arcades around Tokyo(you could even film yourself fighting your way through the parents blowing cigarette smoke in thier kids faces), or using the used panties vending machines (or ones of a less perverted nature).

Asking for a video of someone using a vending machine might be one of the lamest requestes ever, but then again, i just watched one of a bald man in a bathtub.

#47 youruglyclone

youruglyclone

Last Man in Userplane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:35 PM

In reference to the whole replica Lancer thing, you only get the game with it if you're willing to pay $209 as a bundle style thing. Not saying its not worth it, just saying... what are games companies willing to do to squeeze money out of their big titles?

no it cost about 170, there's an automatic promo deduction of $59.99, so the game is essentially free if you buy the lancer.

how would I know? I was crazy/dumb enough to jump on it the moment the bundle was announced.

#48 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 07:27 PM

wombat negative? sure. too negative? how dare you cheapy, as if such a thing were even possible. hating stuff is what wombats do best.

#49 RobotChickenMk1

RobotChickenMk1

Posted 11 August 2008 - 07:50 PM

no it cost about 170, there's an automatic promo deduction of $59.99, so the game is essentially free if you buy the lancer.

how would I know? I was crazy/dumb enough to jump on it the moment the bundle was announced.

Fair enough, but surely that would be something they'd want to promote? Rather than showing it as $209? But i guess your proof that theres enough people around who would pay that much, the discount off is just a cheeky bonus.

Another note, Wombat mentioned how he found Geo Wars 2 more enjoyable than Braid, and its was also cheaper. Does this mean to say that had Geo Wars 2 been 1200 that nothing would have been said? People seem to be dwelling too much on how much Braid cost and no enough on how good a game it is, almost let the price tag take something away from how enjoyable the game is. Just food for thought.. and i think my brain just exploded.

#50 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:05 PM

I can't be the only one that read that as "big titties." Too much GTA IV.

And Cheapy could even make buying something from a vending machine interesting, can't you pay for something via cellphone or something like that? That's easily as interesting as the videos of him naked.

#51 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:15 PM

Actually, there was a black guy in Top Gun. His name was Troy Hunter and he played a Radio Operator. IMDB also has a listing for this movie.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0403081/

Forget that guy, there was also a "rear" who was a "token" black guy.

Clarence Gilyard, Jr. was in Topgun AKA: Theo "the quarterback is toast" guy from Die Hard, and I think he was on Walker T.R.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0319739/

Also kudos for the TG-16 Bonk ad. "I played me some of that sh!t."

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#52 trip1eX

trip1eX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:48 PM

I think LBP is going to bomb.

First, it's another Viva Pinata in terms of a product being mismatched for its audience.

Second, no family is going to buy a Ps3 for it. It would do alot better on the Wii or PS2 or DS.

Third, the LBP fanboys are all daydreaming of the "possibilities" of making all these levels and haven't waken up yet. 99% are going to be horseshit. You can be a great & proficient level designer as long as the game has yet to come out.

Fourth, the same fanboys are so mesmerized by these possibilities and by the high production values that don't see that the thing is a basic 2d platformer underneath it all.

As for downloadable games, well, most are overpriced. The big reason imo is you can't trade in downloaded games or resell them. You can't get 50-75% of your purchase price back after you finish a game or if you find out you don't like a game. And remember you can rent $60 games for $8 for at least5 days from Blockbuster.

ON top it, imo, you have to take into account that the cost of development of games like the $15 Braid game are way less than 1/4 the cost of development of a $60 game. So in those terms a game like Braid for $15 is also over-priced.

And last, but not least, these games have no fixed distribution costs. You don't have to pay to press the game on disc and package it or pay to ship it to distributors or retailers. Retailers aren't incurring costs to stock your game. Sure MS charges a royalty, but I think it's based on copies sold. It cost them a bit of bandwidth and not much more than that.

Edited by trip1eX, 11 August 2008 - 09:51 PM.

#53 Mystical Waffle

Mystical Waffle

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:11 PM

I think a 15min video podcast would be nice.. you could cut it up into 3 5min segments like Japan, Gaming and IDK... Wombat? The 3rd segment could change every week to spice things up or something. Releasing once a week like your podcasts would be awesome.

LittleBigPlanet is going to be great, it's about the only reason I can find right now to warrant a PS3 purchase when I already own a 360.

Edited by Mystical Waffle, 11 August 2008 - 11:28 PM.

#54 misterine

misterine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:22 PM

Good show... Racist jokes are funny always... :D!

#55 dragonsho

dragonsho

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:36 PM

I have to disagree with Wombat. I think that the user created content is going to keep LBP alive. There are going to be professional made levels and probably more packs released later. Most online games on PC have been saved by user created contents. Take a look at half life, counter strike, HL2, diablo 2 etc. All those have tons of user created content that had increased the longevity of the game. I think the reason it may seem weird is because it hasn't really been done on a console before. I think there's going to be great content and even more awful content, but if you can rate the content and search/sort by ratings then there won't be too many Penis Worlds flooding the levels. Also, I'm excited for this game not because I can create levels but because it's an online 2d sidescroller.

#56 RichMeisterMan

RichMeisterMan

Umbrella Executive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:51 PM

I thought it was Merlin that took over for Goose, I am so embarrassed

You are actually part correct. Merlin was Maverick's RIO when they shot down the MIGs at the end. However the black dude or sundown did a run with him to polish off training camp. I think they only flew together once.

#57 Panther1484

Panther1484

Hail to Pitt!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2008 - 12:12 AM

Wow my feedback was read back on the fake air. Awesome! :D

I must say though Cheapy, it seems very odd that the Pizza Guy decided to shave his head the night of the party, almost as if he was trying to be just like you. Sounds pretty stalker-like to me... If he decides to grow some bushy eyebrows and suddenly obtains a huge obsession for Little Big Planet and Warhawk...Restraining Order FTW. ;)

EDIT - Great show, and the call-in show would be a great idea on Thursday.

Edited by Panther1484, 12 August 2008 - 12:27 AM.

#58 Loonknight

Loonknight

Dirk The Daring

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2008 - 12:54 AM

Great show this week. I'd have to say that I really do not like paying for any downloadable game for more than $10. As for your going to the movie's comment well I don't pay full price for that either. I get the certificates at costco so I get two tickets for $15. I do understand what you guys are saying though there is a lot of crap out there and where to you draw your own price point is very subjective. I just don't want developers to get the idea that the new standard price should be $15 now instead of $10 or lower for the crap they try to sell us.

As for buying games at full price at launch, I buy very few games at launch without a discount or some deal attached to it. It took me until CC had MGSIV for $50 with a $10 giftcard attached before I picked it up. I will say though I've been buying a lot of games that have been discounted and/or on sale because of this site so thank you for that.

In short, great show guys, and keep it up. A video podcast would be good but without Wombat it would be lacking that extra bit of something. I think a tacked on section would be good considering your schedules.

#59 DATM

DATM

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:15 AM

Cheapy,
Your original hunch was correct. Hispanics are white and their ethnicity is Hispanic or Latino.

From Wikipedia:
A White Hispanic or White Latino is a United States citizen or resident whose race is white and whose ethnicity is Hispanic or Latino; i.e. a Hispanic or Latino White American.
The concepts of race and ethnicity are mutually independent in the Office of Management and Budget's and United States Census Bureau's definitions. Thus, every American is identified by both a race and an ethnicity. The distinction made by government agencies for those within the population of any official race category, including White American, is between those who report Hispanic or Latino ethnic backgrounds and all others who do not. In the case of White Americans, these two groups are respectively termed "White Hispanics" and "non-Hispanic Whites", the former being those who report ancestry from the people of Spain or Spanish-speaking Latin America, and the latter consisting of an ethnically diverse collection of all others who are classified as White Americans that do not report Hispanic ethnic backgrounds.

http://en.wikipedia..../White_Hispanic

Edited by DATM, 12 August 2008 - 04:55 AM.

#60 Davestation

Davestation

Dont Cross The Streams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:10 AM

Wow, everybody is mentioning Wombats comments about Little Big Planet and Top Gun. I think we all need to re-focus on another comment he made. Didn't anyone else think it was a bit odd on how fast Wombat jumped on Cheapy for getting the serial killers mixed up? He knew exactly who they where and what they did. He seemed genuinley pissed at Cheapy for not knowing. Somebody should PM Shipwreck and ask if he saw a well down in Wombats basement, or at least a basket and some lotion. Also, Wombat had a good call out about the Madden moment, nice observation.