CAGcast #130: Joe Schmoe's Penis World

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#181 Salmonday

Salmonday

Cranky Old Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2008 - 01:23 AM

Grr. I am torn. I really want to enter the new Gamestop contest, and I have a legitimate in-store pick-up entry, but I nearly died trying to shill for them on the last one.

It's tough to talk about how convenient they are on the one hand, when on the other I go into the store to use the 25% off gamecube games coupon and the teller is a slobbering moron who tried to tell me that Mario Party 7 (my daughter and her friends love this game, so I figured I'd get it for her) needs multiple microphones to work.

"You can do it with two, but it really works best with four."

Me: "Four microphones? Really? You notice that they don't plug into the controller ports, and that there's only two slots they can go into, and one of them is needed for the memory card. You can tell that by looking at it, really."

"You need them to go head to head. Think about it."

Me: "If you HAD to have two microphones to get by, why would the original packaging of the game (and it's basically criminal that you don't sell these already overpriced copies WITH a microphone out of common decency) -- why would it only come with one?"

"Because you would already have one microphone from Mario Party 6"

Me: "You're joking."

On other CAGcast related notes, Cheapy should only do it if A.) his creative muse just won't let him sleep unless he does it, or B.) He can monetize it by dropping an ad into it to justify his taking time away from his other more pressing CAG administrative duties, like ushering in CAG 2.0

#182 blacksanta87

blacksanta87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2008 - 01:41 PM

Great show!! but could have been much better without NEGATIVE wombat. Maybe TRY changing your own diaper because it sounded like you had a steaming load of crap in your pants the entire show.

#183 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2008 - 03:45 PM

I really like Wombat. I think he's totally entitled to his opinions, some of which I do happen to agree with. If I wanted positive hype without any kind of tempered enthusiasm, I'd read press releases and company websites.

And I don't think Wombat has a big head, either. Cripes.

I think the people attacking Wombat are the ones who need their diapers changed.

#184 zengonzo

zengonzo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2008 - 05:02 PM

I'm normally right with Wombat, but this show he seemed a bit more antagonistic than usual, and with some misinformation.

#185 dragonsho

dragonsho

Posted 17 August 2008 - 05:04 PM

Hey Cheapy, I've got a great idea for a second podcast. You guys should do one about video games! Talk about games you've been playing, video game deals, video game news, in depth reviews of new titles, etc.

I don't know if you guys have noticed, but on this episode alone, you don't start talking about video games until the TWENTY SEVEN MINUTE mark. Meanwhile, on the latest episode of Giantbombcast, they start talking games at around a minute thirty. I'm a long time fan, but with the limited amount of time I have each week to listen to podcasts (which I love), I really just want to hear about video games. Giantbomb and Joystiq have entered regular rotation, meanwhile I'm three shows behind on the CAGCast... Maybe it's time to find some focus? Or start a second show and move all the Cheapy and Wombat's extracurricular activity talk to that show. You can show us where you shit and what you ate there, meanwhile we can hear the great chemistry and insight we've come to love from you guys while talking ABOUT VIDEOGAMES.

I miss you guys... *sniff... please consider this suggestion...

I've been listening to the cagcast for a while and it's been like that since I can remember. Personally I love the format of the show because I'd much rather hear about pizza guy or smoking in the back of a cab in cali than some shovelware that noone cares about.

#186 zengonzo

zengonzo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2008 - 06:14 PM

The only GiantBomb show I'd listened to spent the first ten miutes going on about fucking hemp milk. I kept fast forwarding, but it went on and on.

By the time they talked about games it was to tell us that PixelJunk Eden wasn't actually a game.

So, yeah, stick to the CAG format, please. It's one of the better-produced podcasts around.

#187 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2008 - 06:54 PM

Eh, that's why I like the Bombcast... as well as the CAGcast in the way that they talk about games but will talk about totally random shit as well.

I really recommend Game Zone Radio, it's now my third podcast I listen to on a normal basis.

#188 Magitek85

Magitek85

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:57 PM

Wombat had me yelling at my car stereo this episode. Little Big Planet as a full game. It just also has an extremely robust level creator that everyone is talking about. I didn't hear him complain about any other game that happened to have a level creator, saying that he likes his games complete. Cheapy really needs to get Shipwreck to be the 3rd man on a regular basis because he brings a lot more games to the table, games I care more about. And that means less time that Wombat can talk.

Also, definetly do a video podcast Cheapy! I would subscribe in a second.

#189 tcolberg

tcolberg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:05 PM

I really like Wombat. I think he's totally entitled to his opinions, some of which I do happen to agree with. If I wanted positive hype without any kind of tempered enthusiasm, I'd read press releases and company websites.

I think the people attacking Wombat are the ones who need their diapers changed.

QFT

On a side note, this is now the fifth week of giveaways on the CAGcast and I thought that any bugs would have been worked out by now. Each and every week I try to enter via Skype, I always get a "voicemail failed" error or it connects and cuts out before I can record my message. :cry:

It's getting ridiculous. Scratch that, five weeks of not being able to enter is ridiculous. Is this some sort of sinister plot by fellow forum members to limit the pool of entries for the gift cards? :boxing:

Edited by tcolberg, 17 August 2008 - 11:09 PM.
Insert Paragraph Break

#190 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:08 AM

I guess people are really anticipating and loving LBP! I suppose I didn't realize. I hadn't expected Wombat's thoughts to so polarize people. You guys don't think it's okay for him to be skeptical about something that isn't out yet? Some of you seem to be prematurely rating LBP an 11.

Maybe I'm beating a dead horse (ick), but I still understand Wombat's point. I want professionals designing my levels, too. If there is a lot of great stuff "packed-in" with LBP, cool, and if lots of the user-created stuff is great, cool. That's a nice value. But if not, I mean... I sure as hell ain't gonna be creating levels...

#191 zengonzo

zengonzo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:57 AM

If there is a lot of great stuff "packed-in" with LBP, cool, and if lots of the user-created stuff is great, cool. That's a nice value.

There is. That's where the misinformation came in.

I don't have a problem with people having strong opinions. Normally he's less inclined to those kinds of obstinate positions, but he seemed a bit ornery that episode.

I also didn't read most of the thread, so I have no idea if people have already taken more than their pound of flesh from him - but I suspect that's the case with this being the internet. The issue ain't worth twenty lashes, but it's worth noting.

#192 ianoid

ianoid

5me77i.us!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:12 PM

Wombat is great for the show, and I appreciate his opinions for the CAGcast.

My main complaint about the guy during the CAGcast is Wombat's constant need to be involved in everything. I just wish Wombat's CAGcast persona was a little bit more humble. I don't always agree with Wombat but I really like to hear his perspective. Just not that 'what can you do for me' attitude.

Oh, and I'm all for a video CAGcast or a CheapBox segment, but only if you don't take away from the CAGcast, which I enjoy even at 90-120 min. CAGcast rules!

I really like the pizza guy stories. I think he should come on the CAGcast and tell us about his experience in jail, and his other alcoholic adventures. As long as they aren't too depressing. I wish I could eat some of his Japanese NYC pizza here in Chicagoland.

#193 ajm1240

ajm1240

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:46 PM

QFT

On a side note, this is now the fifth week of giveaways on the CAGcast and I thought that any bugs would have been worked out by now. Each and every week I try to enter via Skype, I always get a "voicemail failed" error or it connects and cuts out before I can record my message. :cry:

It's getting ridiculous. Scratch that, five weeks of not being able to enter is ridiculous. Is this some sort of sinister plot by fellow forum members to limit the pool of entries for the gift cards? :boxing:

Totally agree. I use Skype all the time. I have the latest version. But I too always get the dreaded "Voicemail Failed." I've never even got to the part where it cuts out. I just get the failed maessage every time. Maybe I can try and steal some long distance from work and enter using the reg-lar old telephone.
Posted Image