Photo
- - - - -

Latest GameFly Used Game Deals with Free Shipping (8/12) - The Club $15, DMC4 $20

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#31 bkfountain

bkfountain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:34 PM

got The Club for 9.89 with $5 of my Gamefly rewards. I love these deals, especially if you've been with gamefly for 6 months or more for the 5% or 10% off. Everything I've ordered from them has always been in great condition.

#32 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:43 PM

I'm getting $5 in GF Dollars tomorrow, so when I do, I'll order The Club. In FL for the next two weeks, so I won't be able to play it for two weeks, but for $10, I can't pass that up.

Posted Image

#33 morphineseason

morphineseason

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:23 PM

I pulled the trigger on DMC4 last night. Good thing I did because it looks like it's gone again.

#34 nil

nil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:32 PM

Does anyone know if Blast Works on the Wii is any good? It got good reviews from the gaming press, but dropped in price like a lead balloon.

Blast Works is a really good game. The 4 unlockable Kenta Cho shooters are great and the level editor is fantastic. I bought it for $40 and cannot complain. At this price, it's a steal.

I'm in for DMC4 for PS3.

#35 Treythalomew

Treythalomew

Add me on PSN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:49 AM

Gar I can't decide between DMC4 and Assassin's Creed. I already rented Assassin's Creed once and beat it but never played DMC4 except for the demo. I don't want to get DMC4 and have it be too hard for me and never get played since I know I can run through Assassin's Creed again.
Posted Image

#36 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2008 - 01:02 AM

I bought a couple of games off Gamefly and the discs do play alright, but they certainly were in "rental" shape. If you care about your games being scratched up, be prepared to get discs with dents around the edges and plenty of scratches.

#37 redrum662

redrum662

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:59 AM

Really tempted to bite on the Haze deal, the game can't be that horrible, right?

#38 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:31 AM

Great selection of games. Thanks, Cheapy.

#39 Tyvan

Tyvan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:38 AM

Great Deal. You cant beat The Club for that price!

#40 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:32 PM

Gamefly, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Not jumping on this again after being burned twice.

I hope everyone ends up with better looking discs than I did, as people seem to get discs that look like they're perfect, or discs that look like complete crap. I seem to always get the crap discs.

I always get the ones that look like new.

Try contacting them - I bet they will swap them out for you.

#41 ryoga79

ryoga79

Old Skool Cagger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2008 - 04:04 PM

G'dammit! And here I"m supposed to be saving up for that plane ticket to go see my gf. FRAK! And I really really want Burnout Paradise.....
Games playing: Left 4 Dead2, Blur, Pokemon HeartGold
Wants: More cheapass blu-rays, hd-dvds & 360 games

DVD Collection
HD-DVD Collection
Blu-ray Collection
Game Collection (what's not in storage)
Trade List
Posted Image

#42 morphineseason

morphineseason

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2008 - 02:44 AM

Got DMC4 (PS3) in the mail today. The box and manual were new as expected, and the disc was basically mint condition aside from some finger prints that were easily wiped away with a soft cloth. So, anyone that's kind of on the edge about buying used stuff from Gamefly, it seems to be mixed results. Some get some pretty thrashed games, while others get stuff that's like new (like I did). I guess the fact that DMC4 is a newer game and on a blu-ray disc (harder to scratch) helped my chances of getting a nice looking disc too.

#43 vanlandw

vanlandw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2008 - 02:52 AM

I ordered DMC4 today for PS3 so hearing your good luck makes me very happy. I'll post when I get my disks thanks for the update morphine

#44 SpitFire158

SpitFire158

Gears 2 = awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2008 - 02:56 AM

I got The Club in immaculate condition. Game looks like it's JUST been opened

#45 morphineseason

morphineseason

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:58 AM

I ordered DMC4 today for PS3 so hearing your good luck makes me very happy. I'll post when I get my disks thanks for the update morphine

No problem. You'll enjoy it. I'm on the 5th mission and so far it's a lot of fun, albeit somewhat repetitive, but I expected that (and having just finished Assassin's Creed...nothing is as repetitive as that). The lesson I've learned from this is that I guess I'll just have to buy stuff from Gamefly more often. Half price for a mint and complete copy of DMC4 is just an awesome deal.

Now if only Burnout Paradise would drop to $19.99 w/free shipping for PS3. Come on, Gamefly! Just do it! You know you want more of my money! :D

#46 vanlandw

vanlandw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:34 PM

Just got my copy of DMC4 in the mail.

The case is in great shape as well as the book. The game has a few finger prints but no scratches.

Very happy with the price I got on the game but it took seven days to ship from Pittsburgh to Michigan I was hoping to have the game on the weekend but with free shipping I'm not going to complain.

Based on my experience if the price is right on these used games I would order from them again.

#47 TheNeck

TheNeck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2008 - 02:04 AM

Being a gamefly member has it's perks, i got GTA4 for the PS3 for $23.16, which came out to $34.99 - 10% for being a member, then i had a $5 coupon for being a member which expires today, and another $5 coupon that gamefly just gave me today. Also the game itself is in mint condition, i rented it from gamefly since 7/15, and decided to keep it since i had 2 $5 coupons.

#48 United_Korea

United_Korea

we thinX it's gr8.8

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:01 AM

from my experience at gamefly, PS3 games come in great condition while 360 games come in a bit worse condtion.

Most Hyped For: Tekken 7, Metal Gear Solid V, Persona 5, Bloodborne, Final Fantasy XV

#49 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:12 AM

Gamefly blows. I got a copy of Burnout Paradise in terrible condition. Chipped on the sides everywhere. Then I returned it and rebought a copy-- same amount of chips, but now the disc surface is covered in more small scratches than it was before.
So I guess I'll keep it and hope the chips don't mean anything -_-
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#50 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:21 AM

Really tempted to bite on the Haze deal, the game can't be that horrible, right?

It's not. I picked it up a few days ago for $30 and felt it was worth it. It's been insanely overexaggerated on how bad the game is. At worst it's an average shooter, at best it's a slighty above average shooter with some cool gimmicks.

Still though, the important thing is I found it to be fun, and that's what gaming is about...well used to at least.

As for the deal I'm tempted to get Army of Two, but I don't think I'll really have time to play it anytime soon. Besides that I'm in the same boat as Shrike of having gotten horrible looking discs from GF.

Edited by whoknows, 29 August 2008 - 06:44 AM.

#51 chelosera91

chelosera91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:33 AM

I got a $5 off coupon, one time use only NMCH3FRX2XM2FHTJ

#52 Steggy

Steggy

Shhhhhhhhh

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:45 AM

codes been used already, or wont work with my account.

#53 Smallville123

Smallville123

CAGetmedown!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:57 AM

So do they give you the box and art?
Insert clever line here......

#54 Darklighter

Darklighter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2008 - 03:09 AM

So do they give you the box and art?

Yes, the whole package.

#55 wii skiier

wii skiier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:46 AM

I've bought two Wii games from them in the past and in both instances I was amazed at the condition. Both games appeared to have been opened to check for contents and never played.