Feedback
3 (100%)
Last Updated: October 7, 2008

EB Games
:360: Xbox 360 :360:
Fable II - Fable 2 Pub Games XBLA
Fallout 3 - 5 soundtrack songs
Star Wars Force Unleashed - Stormtrooper figure
LEGO Batman - LEGO Batman minifig keychain (on purchase)
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirts
Mercenaries 2 - Toque
Mercenaries 2 - Shirt
Facebreaker - Demo
Pure - Demo
Pure - Hat
Grand Theft Auto 4 - Gamerpics
Dead Space - Art Book

:ps3: PlayStation 3 :ps3:
Little Big Planet - Kratos Sackboy Code
Socom Confrontation - Online Beta Code
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirt
Mercenaries 2 - Toque
Mercenaries 2 - Shirt
Pure - Demo
Pure - Hat
Metal Gear Solid 4 - Video
Resistance 2 - Online Beta Code

:wii: Wii :wii:
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirts
Wii Hat

:pc: PC :pc:
Spore - Creature Creator

Future Shop
:ps3: PlayStation 3 :ps3:
Little Big Planet - Noriko Sackgirl Code ($5)

Walmart
Gears of War 2 - 500 Microsoft Points

Toys R Us
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts - Banjo Kazooie XBLA

All Pre Order Goodies are YMMV

Original Post
I thought we should have a thread to post about any pre-order bonus', since I always seem to miss out on these 'freebies' that I wish I had.

It's confusing when these preorders actually come in since retailers can never tell you when their stock will arrive.

I was especially interested in the LEGO Batman keychain minifigs, Fable 2 XBLA Gambling game, and the Kratos Sack-boy and would like to know when they finally (if ever) come to us Canadians.

The only notable preorder bonus EbGames have right now is the Spore Creature Creator that I already have.

So anyone else see any preorder goodies around?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='afterburn999']Anyone know if we can preorder the limited edition of Tales of Vesparia yet ?[/quote]Yep. I pre-ordered it yesterday at EB. It's listed as "Vesperia CE" so look under V not T. SKU is 6148407.

[quote name='King']Yeah does anyone know if EB Games gives out Pub Games when you pre-order Fable 2?[/quote]
Yeah, I preordered it online yesterday and got my code about an hour ago.

[quote name='yukafls']I got a bunch of pre order stuff on my trade list(don't feel like copy and pasting) from past games.[/quote]

Bastard, I read over your entire list, and actually wanted some stuff that I don't think we got. Then I hit:

Also, I am located in the US, and Do Not ship outside of the US.

From my experience, Canadian EBs suck for actually giving out preorder bonuses. The last thing I can recall getting is the GTAIV code when I picked up that game (and I'm not sure if that was a preorder bonus or just a launch-day bonus).

The only other thing I got was some sort of fantasy football code with Madden 07.

Unless I preorder all the wrong games, I haven't gotten a bonus with anything else in the last couple of years.

[quote name='GuardianFlash']There is a bonus dvd when you pre-order TNA Impact. I must be the only TNA fan here.[/quote]

lol, don't feel alone. I'm a decent fan of TNA, and am going to the No Surrender PPV in September. What exactly is on the bonus dvd?

um with the fable preorder can you preorder get the code and then not get the game down the line? (move the money elsewhere?)

Cause I wouldn't mind getting a free XBLA game and then picking up fable2 at a 2 for 40 or something.

My EB called yesterday to let me know my EndWar beta code was in, and code for Too Human armor packs was in. I have both preordered for 360. They are expected to get the fable pub games code on 8/15 but their dates are not always reliable.

I asked my Gamestop about the Fable 2 preorders, and they told me they knew about them... they just didn't have them in yet. I'll go back in a week or so and see if they have them then.

I did get a free soundtrack CD for Fallout 3... but it's pretty much useless, as it only has 5 songs. It was free though...

[quote name='SickBoy']From my experience, Canadian EBs suck for actually giving out preorder bonuses.[/quote]

Totally agreed. A couple EB's here never give out any promo stuff, then when it piles up too high in the back room, they put out a bin with a "FREE" sign on it and give it all away.

I'm pretty happy with that, though. I got two Kratos action figures from the last time.

Can anyone confirm if the EB Games in Toronto (preferably West end) have the codes for Fable 2?

I called and the girl just gave me a blank silence.

Also they still owe me that Clank action figure from the Secret Agent Clank preorder!!!

at my store in kitchener,. we still have the following pre-order items

Star wars force unleashed stormtrooper figures
fallout 3 music cd's
too human (code for something)
endwars beta key
Gta gamerpics
Soul Calibur posters
Wii Love Golf bags

we also still have some age of conan free mount codes (i can give these out if you want one. pm me)

Have not seen the fable 2 pub games codes yet. I believe we got an email stating later this month. I can re-check tomorrow for exact date

[quote name='ikariwarriors']Totally agreed. A couple EB's here never give out any promo stuff, then when it piles up too high in the back room, they put out a bin with a "FREE" sign on it and give it all away.

I'm pretty happy with that, though. I got two Kratos action figures from the last time.[/quote]
Lucky, the only thing my EB gives out for free are the posters. Everything else I rarely see them give out. I would have died if I saw those Kratos figures for free.

[quote name='Pale-Dim']at my store in kitchener,. we still have the following pre-order items

Star wars force unleashed stormtrooper figures
fallout 3 music cd's
too human (code for something)
endwars beta key
Gta gamerpics
Soul Calibur posters
Wii Love Golf bags

we also still have some age of conan free mount codes (i can give these out if you want one. pm me)

Have not seen the fable 2 pub games codes yet. I believe we got an email stating later this month. I can re-check tomorrow for exact date[/quote]
Yes, this is what I was looking for. Now I need to go preorder Star Wars.

[quote name='Lockescythe']oh and can the thread title be updated to CANADIAN preorders.[/quote]
I assumed this being in the Canadian board was enough, but you know what happens when you assume.
Title edited.

[quote name='Firestorm']Yep. I pre-ordered it yesterday at EB. It's listed as "Vesperia CE" so look under V not T. SKU is 6148407.[/quote]

Hmm I may just do the Trade-3 for this.

Does anyone know if the Star Wars pre-order only applies to the 360/PS3 versions?

I'm really hoping that we'll see the LittleBigPlanet pre-order bonuses (they have multiple bonuses available, and you pick which one you want when you order) and well as the Mirror's Edge tote. I'll cry if we don't see these bonuses. Literally. Tears will be shed. Metaphorical tears.

I did a trade 3 for Too Human a while ago and they didn't say anything about the armor packs. Does anyone know if the will armor actually be any good?

I set aside 1 starwars stormtrooper for each person that pre-ordered so far at my store regardless of which system it was for and each person that pre-orders after that will get one until my quantitys are gone of figures. i try to get the warehouse to send me more as im running low again.

the store that you ordered too human from may have those armor codes now. We got ours in on tuesday along with the endwar beta keys. call them and ask if they arrived. if they have not called you to let you know your pre-order items have arrived then you should take it up with the manager and get them to do it. the sooner you pick them up and get them out of the system the sooner they will receive more. This is why ive already had 2 shipments of star wars figures because i got the first batch gone and out of my inventory.

I visited 2 ebgames in scarborough, heres what they have:
- Fallout 3 Soundtrack
- EndWar beta key
- Too Human Armor key
- Madden "WII" hat (I don't remember, something about wii)

Here's what they don't have:
- LBP preorder item
- SOCOM preorder item
- Starwars preorder item

Fable 2 preorder bonus gets to EB Games warehouse as of the 15th, therefore at EBG stores by either the Saturday or Monday.

[quote name='Pale-Dim']at my store in kitchener,. we still have the following pre-order items

fallout 3 music cd's
[/quote]

Illustrates my point. I ordered Fallout 3. I fully expect never to see this disc unless I pester them about it. I'm not torn up over it, but there have been times when I've learned after the fact I've missed out on something I probably would have liked.

[quote name='Placebo']Fable 2 preorder bonus gets to EB Games warehouse as of the 15th, therefore at EBG stores by either the Saturday or Monday.[/quote]

I hope you're right! I guess I'll try them again next Monday and see what they say...

anyoen knows if you can preorder cheat the fable bonus?

Aka put down the 10$ not buy the game get the code and then after the game is released move the 10 elsewhere?

[quote name='Ashground']I'm really hoping that we'll see the LittleBigPlanet pre-order bonuses (they have multiple bonuses available, and you pick which one you want when you order) [/quote]
You pick based on what store you pre-order at. Each store will have a different exclusive item. Still no news on what Canada will get (if anything,) as far as I know.

In theory, could I do a trade 3 for SW:TFU, get the storm trooper, and trade it with their whole gaming guarantee for $60 credit after a week of playing (hopefully enough time to beat it)?

I'm still pissed at EB Canada for not having the paint board for pre-ordering Okami on the PS2... and my limited edition Tales of the Abyss art cel!! *cries*

If I can't get my Kratos Sackboy, or Mirror's Edge totebag, somebody's getting yelled at... >_

The EB Games in Gatineau (Wal-Mart Center) did not have the SOCOM Beta key so I canceled my pre-order. If I cannot get in on the beta, I will buy SOCOM where ever it is cheapest. I am hoping I can pre-order Gears of War 2 LE so I can get the gold battle rifle for online play (a little online bling!) but my EB Games sucks!

I picked up the stormtrooper yesterday at the EB in Coquitlam. Pretty awesome bonus for a game I traded in $20 worth of games for. Wouldn't have know about it without your help. Thanks guys!

[quote name='afterburn999']wtf i went to my EB games today in scarborough to preorder the limited edition of Tales of Vesperia and the guy told me its not in their system.[/quote]

I remember it's under "Vesperia LE", not "Tales of Vesperia LE". So look under "V".

[quote name='afterburn999']wtf i went to my EB games today in scarborough to preorder the limited edition of Tales of Vesperia and the guy told me its not in their system.[/quote]

My receipt said,
> 6148407 VESPERIA CE XB360

[quote name='danthemightyone']Does anyone know any preorder goodies available for Little Big Planet preorder in Canada?[/quote]

its not avail yet.

[quote name='danthemightyone']Does anyone know any preorder goodies available for Little Big Planet preorder in Canada?[/quote]

Got this in an email from the LBP official news site. (http://littlebigplanet.us.playstation.com/)
To our Canadian fans – Apologies for forgetting about you – we didn’t have details until today, but we have good news and ‘gooder’ news. First the good news – there will be 2* pre-order campaigns in Canada. The ‘gooder’ news is that the 2* items are Kratos SackBoy and Nariko SackGirl.

So...regarding Kratos SackBoy @ Canada, he'll be waiting for you at your local EB Games & GameStop stores (north of the boarder).

Stay tuned for more info on Nariko SackGirl when we make our announcements on the site.

*In the current internet age, we’re pretty sure you could get the BradyGames digital mini-guide if you wanted to.

bread's done
Back