Cheapass Deal Request: Vacation Package to Orlando, FL

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Not for me, but for my friend Paul who's getting married in October. I'm helping him deal hunt. Normally I'm a pro at this, but I usually find and book basic round trip flights for businessman that I do technology consulting for. This one is a whole other type of challenge because there's so many factors involved.

I know about sites like Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, etc but I'd like to find something simpler like a all inclusive package deal from a reputable company, or as close to this as possible. Maybe a hotel + round trip flight and then a theme park ticket package.

Here's what he's looking for:

Required

• Two round trip airfare tickets & hotel stay
  • He plans on leaving on December 26th, 2008 and returning on or around January 3rd, 2009. He's a high school music teacher and she's in college so this time block is about the only one they have available.
  • Origin: Milwaukee, WI Mitchell International Airport.
Optional

• Car rental. I have noticed that some packages are cheaper with the additional of a rental car. They are fine taking theme park shuttle services, so only include this if the package is cheaper.
  • Meals. All inclusive with meals would be cool, otherwise he needs to budget for each day. He has a hearty appetite so even deals on meals would be nice.
Theme Parks

• They would like to attend the following theme parks during their stay: Disney, Universal Studios, Seaworld, Busch Gardens.

Anyone have any recommendations or good deal finds? I have some Florida connections, but only in oceanside condo rentals which are not where he wants to go and out of his price league. His wedding is in October, but the sooner I can find him something decent and book it the better. ;)

You didn't mention this, but if he is staying in Orlando, he needs a car to get to Busch Gardens since it is in Tampa and at least an hour or two away.

[quote name='MaXx']You didn't mention this, but if he is staying in Orlando, he needs a car to get to Busch Gardens since it is in Tampa and at least an hour or two away.[/quote]

Most hotels we've been finding out are offering free shuttle services even as far as Tampa. They are probably crappity but still free is free.

They run shuttles to Tampa for free. I am going to Orlando in march. Tickets to Disney are cheaper the more days you buy. I can't remember exactly but for us 4 adult and 1 kid the difference between 3 days and five was like 30-40 bucks total. The Universal parks aren't any cheaper than Disnet either. Good luck finding a deal at that time of year. I would say if they are going for certain they better book it pretty soon. Check for Disney rewards sites as well. They may save a little but not much. Too bad they don't want a rental home, we found a 6 bedroom 4 bath 10 minutes from the gate for $1060 after tax and includes pool and spa. We found an ad on craigslist for that. They are professional managed.

[quote name='ryanflucas']Not for me, but for my friend Paul who's getting married in October. I'm helping him deal hunt. Normally I'm a pro at this, but I usually find and book basic round trip flights for businessman that I do technology consulting for. This one is a whole other type of challenge because there's so many factors involved.

I know about sites like Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, etc but I'd like to find something simpler like a all inclusive package deal from a reputable company, or as close to this as possible. Maybe a hotel + round trip flight and then a theme park ticket package.

Here's what he's looking for:

Required

• Two round trip airfare tickets & hotel stay
  • He plans on leaving on December 26th, 2008 and returning on or around January 3rd, 2009. He's a high school music teacher and she's in college so this time block is about the only one they have available.
  • Origin: Milwaukee, WI Mitchell International Airport.
Optional

• Car rental. I have noticed that some packages are cheaper with the additional of a rental car. They are fine taking theme park shuttle services, so only include this if the package is cheaper.
  • Meals. All inclusive with meals would be cool, otherwise he needs to budget for each day. He has a hearty appetite so even deals on meals would be nice.
Theme Parks

• They would like to attend the following theme parks during their stay: Disney, Universal Studios, Seaworld, Busch Gardens.

Anyone have any recommendations or good deal finds? I have some Florida connections, but only in oceanside condo rentals which are not where he wants to go and out of his price league. His wedding is in October, but the sooner I can find him something decent and book it the better. ;)[/quote]

If you want to enjoy your vacation then it is a good idea to look for a travel package. Travel packages are offered by many online travel agencies. Vacation packages totally depend on the duration and purpose of vacations. It is very important to know that where you can find the cheapest vacation packages. You have to go through several websites if you want to buy an affordable package. You do not need too much time for going through all the available offers. Online you can find lot of info.

-Brad

bread's done
Back