Photo
- - - - -

GS/EB Ad for 8/15 - 8/21 w/ Coupon - 25% Off Any Used Wii/DS/GC/GBA Games (Limit 3)

• Please log in to reply
410 replies to this topic

#301 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:43 AM

Ugh...so I've been trying to get Electroplankton with this coupon, but every copy I find is completely gutted. I checked the last copy which was located WAY the hell away from my house, and it's gutted as well. >_<

Wouldn't they all be gutted? The product has to be Used in order for you to use the coupon ('gutted' meaning the factory seal broken and the manual and disc removed from the case).

Are you saying that they were all in crap condition?
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#302 gareman

gareman

www.oneyearintexas.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:53 AM

If the pattern continues what should be the next coupon?

#303 Callandor

Callandor

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:55 AM

I'm hoping for a 20%-25% off PSP games. The Patapon demo sold me on the game, and I'm thinking of either War of the Lions or Disgaea.

#304 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:13 AM

He rebuked me, saying that he was thirty years old. Not really sure what that meant-- I'm 21 and not that far off from his age. I guess he wanted a cookie for having a mom that was a drunken whore first.

:rofl: Sorry but that's going in my sig.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Games Beaten: 2012 2011 2010 2009

#305 Antic

Antic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:17 AM

Wouldn't they all be gutted? The product has to be Used in order for you to use the coupon ('gutted' meaning the factory seal broken and the manual and disc removed from the case).

Are you saying that they were all in crap condition?

Bad choice of words on my part. I meant every copy there is game only (missing art and manual).

#306 whatup5

whatup5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:18 AM

Im hoping for 30% off ps2 games next. There is a lot of ps2 games that are just too expensive. Ive probably used this coupon 5 or 6 times and plan on using it some more :D Ive gotten zelda windwaker, collectors disc, Ooc master quest, and paper mario thousand year door and a bunch of wii games. Need to get Zelda:TP gamecube version, Mario Kart DD, and Mario golf. Ill probably get the resident evil games when the next 30% off GC games coupon hits if i can find them.

#307 doctorfaustus

doctorfaustus

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:48 AM

Love this coupon. I got The World Ends With You and Teenage Zombies for 32 bucks!

#308 JohnnyDrama

JohnnyDrama

VICTORY!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:03 AM

Finally got to visit another store (most likely my last use of the coupon) and here's what I got (all GC):

Cubivore (no manual)
Resident Evil
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time bonus disc

Looking to trade the Ocarina of Time disc, PM if interested

#309 Penguin1084

Penguin1084

The Disney Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 01:17 PM

I may go back on thursday.

Still looking for the following:

Trauma Center Under The Knife 2 (DS)
Boom Blox (Wii)
Monopoly/Battleship/Boggle/Yahtzee Compilation (DS)

Otherwise, I think I'm done.

541460_10200940885341320_940060124_n.jpg

#310 Regian

Regian

LevelUpNews.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:48 PM

Success today!

Was able to find a copy of Madden 09 Wii used at the GameStop in Valparaiso, IN. Coupon + Edge along with remaining store credit on my Edge card allowed me to part with only $20.18 for it.
Posted Image

Posted Image

The Late Shift:
I have a radio show. A real radio show. Listen, won't you?
Mondays from 10PM to Midnight CST at WVLP.org!
Click here for the show's Facebook page!

[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#311 zegolf

zegolf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:09 PM

Picked up Zack and Wiki for $12. I think I'm done with the coupon, unless I can find a nice copy of Mario Power Tennis and/or Civilization Revolution.

Did you check TRU for Zack and Wiki first? I used the 20% coupon (available this week AND another for next week) and got my copy brand new for $6.67. My TRU had a bunch of copies too. Maybe YMMV?

Sorry if that was semi-off topic.

#312 Over easy

Over easy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:27 PM

Did you check TRU for Zack and Wiki first? I used the 20% coupon (available this week AND another for next week) and got my copy brand new for $6.67. My TRU had a bunch of copies too. Maybe YMMV?

Sorry if that was semi-off topic.

Yes I did. I went this past Saturday, and an employee brought the last copy in front of me. No luck at CC either when it was only $12.
Posted Image

#313 awp

awp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:47 PM

Picked up DBZ3 for Wii today. Guy at the store was a real ass though. I don't "abuse" the coupons as much as others here, but he tried to scare me into not using coupons more than once by saying that they are now tracking coupon use by e-mail address and each coupon has a specific barcode for that address. He said too many people were using the coupons over and over because of "certain websites" (hmm, wonder what he's talking about).

Every coupon seems to have the same exact barcode to me. So I call BS.

#314 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:53 PM

I'm really glad I don't have GameStops like that around me. They encourage the use of the coupons multiple times. They feel it is a great way to move out inventory, especially when they have coupons for specific consoles, it tends to clear out stock that has been sitting there for prolonged period of times.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#315 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:06 PM

Picked up DBZ3 for Wii today. Guy at the store was a real ass though. I don't "abuse" the coupons as much as others here, but he tried to scare me into not using coupons more than once by saying that they are now tracking coupon use by e-mail address and each coupon has a specific barcode for that address. He said too many people were using the coupons over and over because of "certain websites" (hmm, wonder what he's talking about).

Yeah, the clerk I dealt with said it was one per customer (right after he accused me of photocopying coupons). I was about to argue that every coupon before said "per visit" (which it is IIRC) and then I decided to look at a coupon. Surprisingly, that part of the coupon is now gone. It does say limit 1 coupon per customer.
If they wanted to, they could send you to an external link that only allows you to print one coupon. So I doubt they really care at all.

Edited by Friend of Sonic, 20 August 2008 - 06:38 PM.

You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#316 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:27 PM

LOL, what a load of shit. OOOOOH, a "different barcode", yeah right. OH NOEZ/10!!! Just another useless peon minimum wage slave retail employee :roll: - as if any so called "facts" that come out of the mouth of a Gamestop employee isn't pure shit and worthless (apologies to any decent Gamestop employees out there, all 2 of you).

I'd love to see them randomly generate the barcode per email address - not like the barcode EVER scans for me, they always have to manually enter the code. Are they going to randomly generate that as well? And have the computer system verify and validate it each and every time it is entered, instantly? The system doesn't update the inventory except once every 24 hour period at the close of business/overnight, this would be the same at best, meaning even if they did implement such a tracking system/1 use system, you could abuse the hell out of it for a day - that's all the time in the world for me.

So far I've use this to pretty much finish up my Gamecube collection and load up on GBA, since I can wait for most DS and Wii games to drop further.

The only unfortunate thing is the GBA games are cart only...picked up Zelda Link's Awakening DX (employee manually added the 25% discount + Edge 10%), Shining Soul 1, Shining Soul 2, DemiKids Light, DemiKids Dark, Wario World complete, Zelda Collector's complete, Breath of Fire 1, Breath of Fire 2.

I was thinking about getting Trauma Center New Blood since it's $35 used now, but I figure I can wait on the Wii games I'm currently missing. I was also thinking about hunting down more copies of hard(er)-to-find games like Ikaruga, Pikmin 1/2, Elecroplankton etc. but meh, let someone else get them, preferably a fellow CAG. Especially since most are still not very cheap even at 35% off.

I already have most of the DS games I want from that last coupon, and I don't feel like running around town hunting down copies of FFTA and FFIV - I can wait on those, as well as most DS games I'm missing.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#317 Penguin1084

Penguin1084

The Disney Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:29 PM

LOL, what a load of shit. OOOOOH, a "different barcode", yeah right. OH NOEZ/10!!! Just another useless peon minimum wage slave retail employee :roll: - as if any so called "facts" that come out of the mouth of a Gamestop employee isn't pure shit and worthless (apologies to any decent Gamestop employees out there, all 2 of you).

I'd love to see them randomly generate the barcode per email address - not like the barcode EVER scans for me, they always have to manually enter the code. Are they going to randomly generate that as well? And have the computer system verify and validate it each and every time it is entered, instantly? The system doesn't update the inventory except once every 24 hour period at the close of business/overnight, this would be the same at best, meaning even if they did implement such a tracking system/1 use system, you could abuse the hell out of it for a day - that's all the time in the world for me.

So far I've use this to pretty much finish up my Gamecube collection and load up on GBA, since I can wait for most DS and Wii games to drop further.

The only unfortunate thing is the GBA games are cart only...picked up Zelda Link's Awakening DX (employee manually added the 25% discount + Edge 10%), Shining Soul 1, Shining Soul 2, DemiKids Light, DemiKids Dark, Wario World complete, Zelda Collector's complete, Breath of Fire 1, Breath of Fire 2.

I was thinking about getting Trauma Center New Blood since it's $35 used now, but I figure I can wait on the Wii games I'm currently missing. I was also thinking about hunting down more copies of hard(er)-to-find games like Ikaruga, Pikmin 1/2, Elecroplankton etc. but meh, let someone else get them, preferably a fellow CAG. Especially since most are still not very cheap even at 35% off.

I already have most of the DS games I want from that last coupon, and I don't feel like running around town hunting down copies of FFTA and FFIV - I can wait on those, as well as most DS games I'm missing.

wow, how'd you get the person to take the 35% off link's awakening?

541460_10200940885341320_940060124_n.jpg

#318 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:32 PM

I'm really glad I don't have GameStops like that around me. They encourage the use of the coupons multiple times. They feel it is a great way to move out inventory, especially when they have coupons for specific consoles, it tends to clear out stock that has been sitting there for prolonged period of times.

Yeah is what is all about. Getting people to come in. I know I've picked stuff up that wasn't part of the coupon sells just because I went there.

2ic4l5j.jpg

#319 awp

awp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:39 PM

This particular employee is by far the worst of the bunch. He seems to think he's the God of GameStop and enforces the "rules" with an iron fist.

A tiny miniscule scratch on that disc? Automatic refurb fee.
Trying to combine offers? He'll do his best to make sure they don't work together -- or will even refuse to try to combine them.

Everytime I go in there I sigh when I see that he's working. Most of the employees in my area are relatively cool --- including managers at several stores. Unfortunately, this is the closest store to me. I still try to avoid him like the plague, however (and even many GS employees in the area feel the same way about him).

#320 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:42 PM

Yeah, the clerk I dealt with said it was one per customer. I was about to argue that every coupon before said "per visit" (which it is IIRC) and then I decided to look at a coupon. Surprisingly, that part of the coupon is now gone. It does say limit 1 coupon per customer.
If they wanted to, they could send you to an external link that only allows you to print one coupon. So I doubt they really care at all.

They can try whatever they want, print one coupon via external link - that's a tough one to beat...Ctrl-Alt-PrintScreen to capture the image from the current window and Start -> Run -> MSPaint -> Ctrl V, Ctrl P?

These coupons are doing them the service of keeping their cashflow, sales, revenue and profit up (and hence keeping the numbers up and keeping Wall Street happy), and getting their unsold stagnant inventory moving. Particularly during an extremely trying time for their customers/consumers and the overall economy.

It's not like they're losing money giving a 35% discount on their extremely overly inflated profit margins, after all, they're making well over 100% on most of their used games normally...paying something like $20-25 at best for a game they will sell used for $45 to 55. So they're cutting their profit margins to 50% or so, boo hoo!

This particular employee is by far the worst of the bunch. He seems to think he's the God of GameStop and enforces the "rules" with an iron fist.

A tiny miniscule scratch on that disc? Automatic refurb fee.
Trying to combine offers? He'll do his best to make sure they don't work together -- or will even refuse to try to combine them.

Everytime I go in there I sigh when I see that he's working. Most of the employees in my area are relatively cool --- including managers at several stores. Unfortunately, this is the closest store to me. I still try to avoid him like the plague, however (and even many GS employees in the area feel the same way about him).

That sounds like the tiny little shit at the West Hollywood Gateway store (on La Brea just south of Santa Monica Blvd, in the relatively new Best Buy/Target complex). Man, that guy is a PUNK and thinks he knows it all. Dude was complaining last time I was in there to anyone who would listen about how he would get jumped and beat up in growing up and even in college for being a smart mouth.

You'd think he'd learn his lesson if he was so smart, LOL. "I'm too good and smart for my job at Gamestop"...THEN WHY ARE YOU THERE, GENIUS?

Edited by karkyco, 20 August 2008 - 09:28 PM.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#321 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:55 PM

They can try whatever they want, print one coupon via external link - that's a tough one to beat...Ctrl-Alt-PrintScreen to capture the image from the current window and Start -> Run -> MSPaint -> Ctrl V, Ctrl P?

Well, I've seen coupons where the image does not show up, but is sent to the printer to be printed once. I think most of the time you can erase your cookies and bypass most of those.
But yeah, agreed. Gamestop is a fat, bulging piggy with a lot of money. They'll do fine if we all use 90 of these coupons.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#322 nlyonssmith

nlyonssmith

Long time lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 07:54 PM

Well, I've seen coupons where the image does not show up, but is sent to the printer to be printed once. I think most of the time you can erase your cookies and bypass most of those.
But yeah, agreed. Gamestop is a fat, bulging piggy with a lot of money. They'll do fine if we all use 90 of these coupons.

Set your default printer to a PDF creator. A good free one that I use is CutePDF. They send to the printer, voila, PDF.

If they let you print the coupon at all, it can be defeated.

#323 KaotKblu

KaotKblu

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:00 PM

Well, I got Elebits, Gotcha Force, and Wario: Master of Disguise for about $40, so I'm happy.

I'm starting to get really thankful that all of the Gamestops around me don't have the mean staff that apparently a lot of yours have.

#324 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:03 PM

Picked up RE4 Wii in mint condition.

Yeah, there is one out of the 5 surrounding GS that gave me some hassle about using the coupon w/o having the email attached to it. So apparently, some GS are going to be a bit anal about coupon use. The other 4 have other issues so I tend to go to the one that I'll get less hassle depending on what I'm going there for.

#325 blackbird3216

blackbird3216

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:15 PM

Picked up RE4 Wii in mint condition.

Yeah, there is one out of the 5 surrounding GS that gave me some hassle about using the coupon w/o having the email attached to it. So apparently, some GS are going to be a bit anal about coupon use. The other 4 have other issues so I tend to go to the one that I'll get less hassle depending on what I'm going there for.

so did I. $14+tax, not a bad deal at all. The gamestops around me(peter cooper village, 14th street, and 4/8th street) aren't really nice either, except 4 street. Those are the nice employees.

#326 jdeluis

jdeluis

Now In Stereo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:30 PM

Picked up a couple of GBA Games:

Final Fight One $3.24
Wario Land 4 $6.49
Legend Of Spyro: The Eternal Night $8.44 (Brand new with box and manual)
DS Rumble $2.69 (Discount did not apply, but will be returning it. Not worth it)

Was going to pick up Yoshi's Island, but the two copies they had looked like someone threw up on them. :cry:

#327 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:43 PM

so did I. $14+tax, not a bad deal at all. The gamestops around me(peter cooper village, 14th street, and 4/8th street) aren't really nice either, except 4 street. Those are the nice employees.

No Edge card? W/Edge, I got it for $12.65 incl. tax.

#328 hordak

hordak

Rockin' CAGer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:50 PM

I'm starting to get really thankful that all of the Gamestops around me don't have the mean staff that apparently a lot of yours have.

Yeah, same here. All the employees at the 4 Gamestops in my area are REALLY friendly!

#329 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:14 PM

wow, how'd you get the person to take the 35% off link's awakening?

I just asked if it would be possible to apply it to that game, since it plays on Gameboy Advance, and was the only Gameboy/Gameboy Color game the store even had. The guy was a relaxed employee, he doesn't care. It was right by a college and he seemed like the college temp emplyee type that doesn't really give a shit. So he just manually took off 25% or 35% off of Zelda DX only after ringing up the games, I will have to double check the receipt to see which % it was (on top of the automatic Edge discount of 10%).

I bought the 2 Demi Kids and Zelda DX at this location; I believe 1 of the Demi Kids was like $4.54 and the other $6.5x or so, and the Zelda was $6.xx maybe the same, $6.5x.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#330 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:29 PM

well, either way...whatever method they try to employ, people will find a way around it. Hell, they can send it to the printer all they want, then I'll just take it and make another color copy of it!

Set your default printer to a PDF creator. A good free one that I use is CutePDF. They send to the printer, voila, PDF.

If they let you print the coupon at all, it can be defeated.

Brilliant. If they let us even see the coupon, it can be defeated. So let us use it. It's not like we're resellers in competition with them (for the most part...and besides, it's not like even at these 35% discounts off their inflated used prices you can really make a significant amount, no one is going to get rich), and using it a few times is not abuse. Using it dozens of times (at each location), now that would be abuse.:drool:

But my wallet would be getting just as much abuse as them!

Now that is totally ridiculous, considering the coupon itself has a broken line around it and a scissors emblem, indicating it should be cut out at this border. Next time you should indicate that to the clown you were dealing with, also that your email address is private information that you aren't obligated to share with some bottom rung, cash register monkey.

Edited by karkyco, 20 August 2008 - 09:44 PM.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif