Photo
- - - - -

GS/EB Ad for 8/15 - 8/21 w/ Coupon - 25% Off Any Used Wii/DS/GC/GBA Games (Limit 3)

• Please log in to reply
410 replies to this topic

#331 forumreader

forumreader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:20 PM

If the pattern continues what should be the next coupon?

I'm not positive, but I think this might be the first time the Wii has ever been included in a % off sale, so it's hard to fit it into the pattern. However, once a "good" week shows up (one with a percent off games sale, but not a trade in deal or money off a system or one particular game), it usually is followed by a few more "good" weeks. So hopefully we get a quality coupon for next week.

#332 io

io

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:50 PM

Picked up Zack and Wiki for $12. I think I'm done with the coupon, unless I can find a nice copy of Mario Power Tennis and/or Civilization Revolution.

You know, I've been treating this just as a Wii coupon (my son is enjoying Endless Ocean obtained via the coupon as I type this). I have completely ignored the DS games. I did notice they had FF Tactics A2 there and it would have been dirt cheap. Too bad I bought it at full price there a few weeks ago... I wasn't expecting used copies of that to show up any time soon.

But I may just have to look for Civ Rev, thanks for mentioning that!

(Edit - Oh well, closest is 37 miles, next closest is 50 miles... However, my other want, Okami for the Wii, has just shown up at a close GS that it wasn't at before - may have to call about that one...)

#333 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:56 PM

The horror stories about Gamestop employees on here are pretty funny. There are only two where I live (ah, the joys of living in Alaska), and though sometimes the employees here tell me that a special isn't going on when it is, it always rings up right and they take the coupons without any issue.

#334 dizz.lee

dizz.lee

똥구몽

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:57 PM

damn i love this coupon. i used 11 of them already.
playing:
:ds: radiant historia
:ps3: none
:gba: none

#335 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 11:04 PM

Some of these GS employees are real morons. I had one yesterday who swore to me that DragonBall Z 3 (Wii) did not exist, over and over again, so I walked over to the new game section and showed him the game. He was like "Whatever!!", so I educated him on "how if he was going to be so emphatic about what he thought he knew, he might want to make sure his facts were right."
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#336 dizz.lee

dizz.lee

똥구몽

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 11:09 PM

kinda like the one i ran into today. i asked him if i could just keep the coupon so i wouldnt have to keep printing out more, and he said

"well, when i input this code, it's going to be in the system and this coupon won't work anymore."

i told him that the code was the same on every coupon and he says they're not, and i pull out 10 more copies of the same coupon from my wallet and he just gives me a blank stare and rings up my total.

what a waste of paper. i could've used that thing again.
playing:

#337 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 11:11 PM

Now that is totally ridiculous, considering the coupon itself has a broken line around it and a scissors emblem, indicating it should be cut out at this border. Next time you should indicate that to the clown you were dealing with, also that your email address is private information that you aren't obligated to share with some bottom rung, cash register monkey.

Did that. He said he didn't know why they did it. I'm guessing he's the manager because: 1) he checked his employee's bag on his way out, 2) he was the only guy "authorized" to do trade ins. I had to wait a couple times when I had trades when he was busy. Not that it's an excuse but....

I used the "cut out" from the Madden 40% trade in thread twice: he took it the first time and wanted the entire email. Then remembered me on the second trip and refused to take the cutout coupon. At that point in time, I had already signed up for the weekly emails, but for some reason, I didn't get the emails until I signed up a third time. The Nintendo coupon was the first one that showed up in my email.

As I noted above, I picked up RE4 and wanted to wave the complete email printout in his face. No such luck, he wasn't there today.

#338 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 20 August 2008 - 11:32 PM

Did that. He said he didn't know why they did it. I'm guessing he's the manager because: 1) he checked his employee's bag on his way out, 2) he was the only guy "authorized" to do trade ins. I had to wait a couple times when I had trades when he was busy. Not that it's an excuse but....

I used the "cut out" from the Madden 40% trade in thread twice: he took it the first time and wanted the entire email. Then remembered me on the second trip and refused to take the cutout coupon. At that point in time, I had already signed up for the weekly emails, but for some reason, I didn't get the emails until I signed up a third time. The Nintendo coupon was the first one that showed up in my email.

As I noted above, I picked up RE4 and wanted to wave the complete email printout in his face. No such luck, he wasn't there today.

LOL, that sucks. "He said he didn't know why they did it."

Yeah, because I'm sure he's just soooo tight with the Gamestop executive team and the head of promotions/marketing, maybe next time he's playing a round of golf with them, he can ask them himself. :roll: Dude needs to shut his yapper, scan or input the coupon, scan Edge card, scan games, take payment, hand over goods + receipt + change, and that's it.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#339 io

io

Posted 20 August 2008 - 11:41 PM

kinda like the one i ran into today. i asked him if i could just keep the coupon so i wouldnt have to keep printing out more, and he said

"well, when i input this code, it's going to be in the system and this coupon won't work anymore."

i told him that the code was the same on every coupon and he says they're not, and i pull out 10 more copies of the same coupon from my wallet and he just gives me a blank stare and rings up my total.

what a waste of paper. i could've used that thing again.

I was able to use the code without any coupon at the beginning of the promo, though they made it sound like an exception. I was traveling when I got the email and couldn't print it, so I just wrote down the code. Worked fine of course - at about 3 or 4 different stores.

But then last night I used a coupon on 3 games and wanted to get a few more games instead of driving 10 miles to another store to get the same games. It was raining heavily and I had my two boys with me and had parked the car far away (in between Target and GS before the rain got bad). I asked the clerk if I could just use the coupon again and she said it had to "go with the paperwork". However, she did let me go to the car (I was one of those bad parents that left their kids there to play Guitar Hero while I ran out :lol: - but it only took me 30 seconds or so) and get my second copy and use it. So all in all I was glad she didn't pull the "one per person" thing on me which she certainly could have done. But she sure had to have those physical copies of the coupon for each transaction! My point is that there is obviously no clear policy as I've been able to use just the code other times. It's all what the GS employee makes up in their own head...

Though, dizz.lee, if you really had 10 more in your pocket I don't really see the need for getting that one back from the guy! I mean, I sort of understand the desire for them to have a physical copy to cover their asses in case a manager or corporate questions the discount applied on the purchase.

Back during the 25% off 360 game coupon I remember one clerk taking a Sharpie and writing my Edge account number in big letters across the coupon before filing it. That was a bit unnerving so I made sure not to visit that store again for a while.

#340 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 20 August 2008 - 11:57 PM

Most of the clerks around me will take those coupons that come weekly in the emails. They made a comment about it showing that they aren't just handing out the code to everyone that comes into the store. Now, one of those stores hands the 10% off any used item coupon back to me most of the time. Little odd, but I'm just greatful I don't have to put up with the same problems that some of you guys have.

Oh and this is going to sound extremely selfish, but I kinda hope this weeks coupon sucks. I'm not going to be in the best shape with cash, so I'm looking for bad coupon. So I don't miss out.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#341 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:04 AM

Stacking the coupon with "my" Edge Card, I got Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword for less than $21 total. Thanks OP!

#342 willc23

willc23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:10 AM

Picked up Space Invaders DS & Contra 4.
Posted Image

#343 mash

mash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:22 AM

Went by the nearest gamestop and they dont carry gamecube games anymore...buzzkill

#344 dizz.lee

dizz.lee

똥구몽

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:47 AM

I was able to use the code without any coupon at the beginning of the promo, though they made it sound like an exception. I was traveling when I got the email and couldn't print it, so I just wrote down the code. Worked fine of course - at about 3 or 4 different stores.

But then last night I used a coupon on 3 games and wanted to get a few more games instead of driving 10 miles to another store to get the same games. It was raining heavily and I had my two boys with me and had parked the car far away (in between Target and GS before the rain got bad). I asked the clerk if I could just use the coupon again and she said it had to "go with the paperwork". However, she did let me go to the car (I was one of those bad parents that left their kids there to play Guitar Hero while I ran out :lol: - but it only took me 30 seconds or so) and get my second copy and use it. So all in all I was glad she didn't pull the "one per person" thing on me which she certainly could have done. But she sure had to have those physical copies of the coupon for each transaction! My point is that there is obviously no clear policy as I've been able to use just the code other times. It's all what the GS employee makes up in their own head...

Though, dizz.lee, if you really had 10 more in your pocket I don't really see the need for getting that one back from the guy! I mean, I sort of understand the desire for them to have a physical copy to cover their asses in case a manager or corporate questions the discount applied on the purchase.

Back during the 25% off 360 game coupon I remember one clerk taking a Sharpie and writing my Edge account number in big letters across the coupon before filing it. That was a bit unnerving so I made sure not to visit that store again for a while.

LOL yeah. unfortunately for me, in the orange county, la county borderlining areas (meaning the neighboring cities where those two counties meet), it is chock full of gamestops, which usually ends up just getting me to waste gas going from one to the next.

i've been using one coupon for one game at some stores, because the inventory was so horrible. i figured if he could just let me keep it, i would have one extra coupon for the road. haha. but seriously, i think i've bought more than 20 ds games since this coupon's been out. i love it, i can buy all the cheap games i wouldn't have otherwise bought for my collection. it's a funny thing you mentioned the number of coupons i had. i'm down to two since my previous post. none of these damn associates are letting me keep my coupons. :bomb:
playing:

#345 rothgar24

rothgar24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:53 AM

Went back and picked up a few complete wii games (Resident Evil 4 wii edition for ~$13 and Chocobo's Dungeon ~$25). Thanks again guys.

#346 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:54 AM

I've never had any problems with the coupons.

Picked up Anno 1701 today. 12.99 after coupon.

Also stopped at another GameStop to pick up Chibi Robo Park Patrol, but passed on it since it didn't have the box or manual. I have another nearby store I can hit up for that tomorrow.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#347 blackbird3216

blackbird3216

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:42 AM

No Edge card? W/Edge, I got it for $12.65 incl. tax.

nope, im probably the only one without one right? I can't believe that $2 deal expired.

#348 tagout

tagout

CAG living in Jakarta, Indonesia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:43 AM

Anyone have the newest coupon yet?

#349 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:45 AM

Also stopped at another GameStop to pick up Chibi Robo Park Patrol, but passed on it since it didn't have the box or manual. I have another nearby store I can hit up for that tomorrow.

Good call. I didn't know Gamestop had a SKU for that game. I called another store and I'm gonna pick up a complete copy tonight.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#350 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 21 August 2008 - 02:57 AM

The newest coupon probably wont be available until sometime between 3:30 PM tomorrow and Midnight tomorrow.

all-banner.jpg

#351 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:11 AM

I got Chibi Robo. I wanted cheaper than 16, but, ah well. Ditto on RE4 for Wii-- wanted cheaper, but meh.
I also got some GBA games with their box and manual-- Super Ghouls and Ghosts (4.99 before coupon) the first GBA F-Zero (5.99 before coupon) and Castlevania: Harmony of Disonnance. I only bought the Castlevania game for the manual, since my copy was missing the manual. So I'm going to have to sell it somewhere. They had Yoshi's Island-- I couldn't remember if I had that or not, so I didn't buy it. I gotta go check the box o games. That's such a great game.
I hope I can get the 12 I spent out of it-- box is still pretty nice and crisp, so hopefully.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#352 ets

ets

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:40 AM

My current run totals:
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil 1
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Star Wars Bounty Hunter
Donkey Konga
Hello Kitty Roller
Gotcha Force
Worms Blast
Currently Playing: N/A
On Deck: N.A

MyTradeList [Link]

#353 autche

autche

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2008 - 11:04 AM

I got Chibi Robo. I wanted cheaper than 16, but, ah well. Ditto on RE4 for Wii-- wanted cheaper, but meh.
I also got some GBA games with their box and manual-- Super Ghouls and Ghosts (4.99 before coupon) the first GBA F-Zero (5.99 before coupon) and Castlevania: Harmony of Disonnance. I only bought the Castlevania game for the manual, since my copy was missing the manual. So I'm going to have to sell it somewhere. They had Yoshi's Island-- I couldn't remember if I had that or not, so I didn't buy it. I gotta go check the box o games. That's such a great game.
I hope I can get the 12 I spent out of it-- box is still pretty nice and crisp, so hopefully.

Actually, you could return your old Castlevania: Harmony of Disonnance game to gamestop (likely another one) with that receipt for a full refund. I wouldn't consider it underhanded since they would charge you the same amount to buy the game if it didn't include the box and manual. Also, I've picked up a game without the manual/case and exchanged it at a GS that had the same game with manual/case with no problems (just had to show my receipt).

#354 mercilessming

mercilessming

Call upon Dyzan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:05 PM

Lets hope for a good Xbox360 coupon there is some pretty cheap used 360 games I want if I can get them just a little cheaper. Plus to me is has been along time since we got a really good coupon.
Do you feel the need to prove you have Online Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (a.k.a. The Grammar Nazi) ????

#355 Penguin1084

Penguin1084

The Disney Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:20 PM

Lets hope for a good Xbox360 coupon there is some pretty cheap used 360 games I want if I can get them just a little cheaper. Plus to me is has been along time since we got a really good coupon.

I really want an Xbox/Xbox 360 coupon this week.

Looking to hunt down:

Fable: The Lost Chapters
Soul Calibur 4
Too Human (Don't laugh at this one because they already have one about 15 miles away... 99.9% chance it was a stolen copy.)

541460_10200940885341320_940060124_n.jpg

#356 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 21 August 2008 - 02:06 PM

Too Human (Don't laugh at this one because they already have one about 15 miles away... 99.9% chance it was a stolen copy.)

I wouldn't be so quick to jump to that. After playing the demo, I'm not getting it for the camera controls. Someone may have bought it, not playing the demo and been completely disgusted with it.

all-banner.jpg

#357 Penguin1084

Penguin1084

The Disney Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2008 - 02:16 PM

I wouldn't be so quick to jump to that. After playing the demo, I'm not getting it for the camera controls. Someone may have bought it, not playing the demo and been completely disgusted with it.

Yea.. I played the demo and I thought it was decent.

I still want soul calibur 4 and fable though :P

also, there's a Force Unleashed demo out on xbox live today I believe.

541460_10200940885341320_940060124_n.jpg

#358 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 21 August 2008 - 03:21 PM

Yeah, played it. Definitely going to be picking that up.

all-banner.jpg

#359 cutiepatootie

cutiepatootie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2008 - 03:27 PM

I bought Super Smash brothers from gs in one state, and flew back home to my state, and sold it to our local gs, because grandma complained it was too violent.....

But son really looooves that game, and I regret it now. Would my account get flagged if I rebought the game I just traded in?? (uh...with another coupon of course. :)).

#360 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2008 - 03:40 PM

Bought me a Metroid Prime.

I bought Super Smash brothers... and sold it to our local gs, because grandma complained it was too violent.....

Heh, thankfully she's never seen Legend of Zelda. How deplorable, attacking chickens and octopi.

Braving the pillow gauntlet.

Posted Image