Photo
- - - - -

best SNL sketch EVER

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#61 The Truth 34

The Truth 34

Posted 20 August 2008 - 07:06 PM

With seeing the SNL sketch first, the song seems really inappropriate for the original clip. I lolled when it started playing after he got shot.

#62 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:19 PM

With seeing the SNL sketch first, the song seems really inappropriate for the original clip. I lolled when it started playing after he got shot.

Really?

I thought the more jarring part was that they crescendo into that melodramatic song and then there's a sudden immediate cut into the boilerplate pop-crap they play on ending credits.

I like how HBO does their shows - usually the ending credits theme is either a one-off standalone song or a variation on the main theme that matches the episodes' overall feel. One of the best was when Moletsante is trying to get in the music biz and they play the shitty song that his shitty rock band had been recording all episode - I forget the lyrics but they were hilarious!

#63 fatherofcaitlyn

fatherofcaitlyn

Der Uber Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:17 PM

Sveaty balls.
Synergize, bitches!
Posted Image

#64 LonelyController

LonelyController

lonelycontroller.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:31 PM

I've never seen the OC, and I thought the first video was pretty funny.

Here's a parody of the parody for LOST fans:

*EDIT*

SPOILERZ, lol

Edited by chakan, 22 August 2008 - 01:53 AM.

#65 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:05 AM

it looks like NBC cracked down on most SNL content so they can peddle the shitty DVD collections of the era people REALLY want to watch

www.hulu.com
Posted Image

#66 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:09 AM

Lost parody is the best of all of them. Sheer genius.

If you haven't seen Lost, DO NOT PLAY THAT FUCKING VIDEO! It's like an uberspoiler.

#67 Fuzi0n

Fuzi0n

"What's a Nubian?"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:07 AM

Lol, that wasn't too bad.

But they really need to cancel SNL, bring back Mr. Show on HBO, then edit it for television so it can be rebroadcast in SNL's place.

This. But I don't know if a watered down version would be all that great. I've seen a few episodes on Comedy Central and it was totally weird with commercials and edits. Mr. Show is definitely the best show ever created and needs to come back. I can't wait to see the new show Bob and David are working on.

#68 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:31 PM

^ Lol, actually, that was a joke directly tied to the video sample. Watch and it'll make perfect sense why Mr. Show would never work on broadcast TV.

#69 micro44

micro44

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:01 PM

My favorite sketch was a very old one where there are a bunch of Super Heroes having a party at someones apartment. The two things that I remember most about that sketch are John Belushi as the Hulk walking in on the Invisible Girl in the Bathroom("Hey, if the Invisible Girl is gonna use the bathroom, she should LOCK THE DOOR") and the other is the other heroes making fun of Ant-Man("Oooh!! Look out gang!! He has the strength of a human!!") lol :)

#70 micro44

micro44

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:09 PM

http://www.nbc.com/S...ero-party/2406/

#71 plasticbathmonki

plasticbathmonki