Trade 2 select titles get a new one for $10 or $20 (List included) Ends 8/31

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#61 King of Swing

King of Swing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:36 PM

Might be worth checking this out. Maybe swap Bully and Eternal Sonata for Soulcalibur IV.

#62 whymustiregister

whymustiregister

Coupon PDF Maker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:47 PM

I was told that Viking and Blast Works are now excluded. Bad for me since I wanted to dump 2 BW. Not sure why only those titles as others have also dropped in price since the promo started. :roll:

#63 MrDenny

MrDenny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2008 - 04:27 PM

Can we trade in 2 wii games and get a ps3 game?

#64 SpiderLocMTGO

SpiderLocMTGO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2008 - 04:28 PM

Do they take disc-only games?

#65 SpiderLocMTGO

SpiderLocMTGO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2008 - 04:32 PM

Can we trade in 2 wii games and get a ps3 game?

Yes, this was mentioned in the OP.

#66 Crazyglitcher

Crazyglitcher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:25 PM

Anybody get this to work somehow on Too Human? (Yes I know its not on the OP's list) Cause that would rock.

#67 Kakkarrot23

Kakkarrot23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2008 - 02:17 PM

I am sure you could get it to work on Too Human but you would have to go to another game stop and exchange it. There is no clear description of the trade ins on the receipt it just says bonus trade in and the credit. I picked Soul Caliber IV but I plan on exchanging it for the Force Unleashed or Infinite Undiscovery when that came out.

I liked this deal as I wanted to trade in Orange Box but it was only worth 9. So I bought Bully from target for 15 and it traded in for 20. Just make sure you get them to scan your edge card as it will add 10% based on the original trade in value before bonus.

#68 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2008 - 02:24 PM

You can get NBA 2k8 cheap enough to be worth doing many places, same with NBA Live 08
www.vg-force.com

#69 Crazyglitcher

Crazyglitcher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:27 PM

I am sure you could get it to work on Too Human but you would have to go to another game stop and exchange it. There is no clear description of the trade ins on the receipt it just says bonus trade in and the credit. I picked Soul Caliber IV but I plan on exchanging it for the Force Unleashed or Infinite Undiscovery when that came out.

I liked this deal as I wanted to trade in Orange Box but it was only worth 9. So I bought Bully from target for 15 and it traded in for 20. Just make sure you get them to scan your edge card as it will add 10% based on the original trade in value before bonus.

Wait what? Ok so the list at the top (19.99 and 9.99) is comprised of the titles you can trade for and the rest of the list (starting at "Wii" and downwards) is what you can trade in correct? Wouldn't the deal be cancelled when you decide to change what game you want? And would another GS actually let you exchange the game for what you want? I find that slightly hard to believe....

#70 Kakkarrot23

Kakkarrot23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 03:46 AM

crazyglitcher: The two games trade in for 40 in credit. On the second part of the receipt the ring in the game and deduct the credit and you pay the balance. This is like when you get bonus credit for a reserve. If you change your mind you still keep the credit. If for some strange reason it doesn't work I'm happy to keep it.

#71 svt1029

svt1029

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 04:13 AM

im pretty sure im going to do this with mercenaries 2.......... (rubs head in deep thought)

#72 Crazyglitcher

Crazyglitcher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 05:36 AM

crazyglitcher: The two games trade in for 40 in credit. On the second part of the receipt the ring in the game and deduct the credit and you pay the balance. This is like when you get bonus credit for a reserve. If you change your mind you still keep the credit. If for some strange reason it doesn't work I'm happy to keep it.

Oh alright, thanks. I get it now ^_^

#73 svt1029

svt1029

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 03:56 PM

so does anybody else think this will work by getting a game then returning it tomorrow for mercs, i know it ymmv but hey it should work right?

#74 SpiderLocMTGO

SpiderLocMTGO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 04:11 PM

There's no reason it shouldn't work.

#75 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 06:27 PM

So wait, do this deal, keep it sealed, return it for a new release game?

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#76 Ice2Dragon

Ice2Dragon

Cuckoo For Killing Stuff

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 06:33 PM

This is stupid, seriously.

Amazon has been screwing the pooch recently, seriously.

The most important question to ask is if I can kill someone with the Batrang

Just call my local bestbuy and they had no clue about a sale..

#77 svt1029

svt1029

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 07:04 PM

ok i have condemned 2 to trade in ... what other game should i get ... no sega superstars in the area but there are vikings.... just not just if viking will work

#78 SpiderLocMTGO

SpiderLocMTGO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 07:45 PM

What does this thread have to do with Amazon?

#79 sj41

sj41

That's Bitchin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:09 PM

I was told that Viking and Blast Works are now excluded. Bad for me since I wanted to dump 2 BW. Not sure why only those titles as others have also dropped in price since the promo started. :roll:

Anybody else know of any others that are now excluded? I'm going to trade in an RE4 that I have and go pick up Condemned 2, for $12 to pick up Madden, and return the Madden that I already bought from them to get my $60 back. I paid $60 originally, and doing it this way I will only pay $32, plus my RE4. Good deal.

#80 svt1029

svt1029

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:05 PM

soppousedly condemned 2 is now excluded .... gay .... but i just got back from eb and actually talked them in to letting me trade in re4 and condemned 2 for madden, then immediatly at the same store returning madden and paying off mercenaries, the employee was really cool about it and said " damn im gonna do this" but the game gods had to balance my life out but making me lock my damn keys in my car so i missed dinner with my gf but hey atleast i got mercenaries 2 for like 30 something dollars .... now thats what i call cheap

#81 ryne candy

ryne candy

Duck Duck Duck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:06 PM

so does anybody else think this will work by getting a game then returning it tomorrow for mercs, i know it ymmv but hey it should work right?

First I would get them to give you a sealed copy.....say its for a birthday. Pay with cash (no paper trail by GS systems). Ask them for a gift receipt (I'm sure they can do that if asked), if not keep the original receipt. When M2 comes out, I would probably wait one or two days (if you are parnoid), go to another store with the game and receipt. If you have a gift receipt, that will make it even easier to pull it off. This would probably be your best chance.

edit: nevermind....I see you were able to pull it off already.

#82 svt1029

svt1029

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:16 PM

yeaaa the guy at my store is a huge stoner so i could pretty much walk out with the entire store and he wouldnt notice, .............. he gave me like 5 merc hats for the pre order .... WTF am i gonna do with five hats hah

#83 chelosera91

chelosera91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:33 PM

is that fifa 08 for wii?

#84 Myncy

Myncy

Freddie Mercury Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2008 - 02:49 AM

Anyone find any good flips yet? I've seen Kororinpa for around $14 some places but that's not really a fantastic deal...

#85 sj41

sj41

That's Bitchin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2008 - 07:28 AM

soppousedly condemned 2 is now excluded .... gay .... but i just got back from eb and actually talked them in to letting me trade in re4 and condemned 2 for madden, then immediatly at the same store returning madden and paying off mercenaries, the employee was really cool about it and said " damn im gonna do this" but the game gods had to balance my life out but making me lock my damn keys in my car so i missed dinner with my gf but hey atleast i got mercenaries 2 for like 30 something dollars .... now thats what i call cheap

Fuck, that's what I bought tonight to trade with RE4. I'll give it a shot tomorrow morning, but this isn't looking good. Are there any $17.99 360 games that still work with this deal or did they make sure to exclude all of them?

#86 whatup5

whatup5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2008 - 07:50 AM

Fuck, that's what I bought tonight to trade with RE4. I'll give it a shot tomorrow morning, but this isn't looking good. Are there any $17.99 360 games that still work with this deal or did they make sure to exclude all of them?

Sega Superstar Tennis and Viking are 17.99 but i dont if they are excluded or not

#87 svt1029

svt1029

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:33 PM

honestly, as ymmv as it is, i think if complain about it enough theyll do it cause its on the list, its almost like a breech of contract, and most Gs or Eb employees dont care enough anyones, at least not here in jersey
Posted Image

#88 autche

autche

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:39 PM

I doubt there will be a problem here; they simply look at the flyer and manually adjust the trade-in value. The one store didn't seem like the type to stay on top of memos from corporate.

#89 SuperJedi

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2008 - 08:39 PM

It's a great deal IMO for two games that you have under $10-20!!!

GS closes at 6pm, right?

#90 sj41

sj41

That's Bitchin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2008 - 04:48 PM

You guys were right. They just manually adjusted the trade in prices. I also got the extra 20 % trade in credit on the original $6 values on both RE4 and Condemned 2, because I bought Madden. They also gave me the extra 10% from my EDGE card for the original $6.

So, they gave me $23.20 for Condemned 2 (bought for $12), and another $23.20 for Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition (Was my game, but I was done with it). I picked up Madden for $14.71. I'm going to return the one I bought for $60, so I'm making out pretty good on this deal.

Yeah, they did close at 6.