Amazon Game Deals Update (8/19)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]208[/img-r]There are a bunch of Amazon deals floating around, so I thought I'd combine them into one post. You may wish to take advantage of the bill me later and/or free 3 month Amazon prime trial promotions with these deals.

Thanks, wildnuts02, fred312b, probablysober, PawnTakesKing, Master Shake, ps99472, whitereflection, bigsyxxy, D. Monic!

:360:Warriors Orochi 2 $29.99
:360:Condemned 2 $19.99
:360:Dark Sector $19.99
:360:Lost Planet Colonies $23.99
:ps3:Dark Sector $19.99
:ps3:Grand Theft Auto IV $48.99
:ps3:The Club $16.99
:wii:Super Mario Galaxy $39.99
:psp:Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles $19.99
:ps2:Logitech Cordless Action Controller $14.99
:pc:Tabula Rasa $5

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd grab tabula rasa, but it's subscription based :(
Not a bad price on Condemned 2 and Lost Planet though :p

(I was at gamestop today, and I believe Dark Sector was marked as $19.99 new)

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']The club is $42.99[/quote]

Sorry for the double post, but $14.99 used at gamestop's 50% off deal is far better :bouncy:

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']The club is $42.99[/QUOTE]

Yeah, The Club sold out at that price not long after it got mentioned in the forums.

Finally pulled the trigger to grab another of the Logitech wireless controllers for the PS2. I love these things and I figure I'd better get one while I can. Thanks Cheapy!

[quote name='rpepper']Finally pulled the trigger to grab another of the Logitech wireless controllers for the PS2. I love these things and I figure I'd better get one while I can. Thanks Cheapy![/quote]

They really are great, aren't they? I wonder if I should get another? I'll be moving to PS3 eventually (though if it won't play my old PS2 games anyway, then...).

Anyway, good post, Cheaps--thanks for the heads.

[quote name='callmesteam']hmmmmm... i just can't decide on Condemned.... worth it at $20? Does it compel you to play until the end?[/quote]

It's well worth $20, imo. I thoroughly enjoyed the game.

Thanks Cheapy! Bit on Tabula Rasa.
I was thinking if I started the trial now, I could just redeem the 30 day code that comes with the Amazon copy for 44 days of gameplay. $5 isn't bad for a game I was curious about anyway.

[quote name='callmesteam']hmmmmm... i just can't decide on Condemned.... worth it at $20? Does it compel you to play until the end?[/QUOTE]
Well, I enjoyed the first one quite a lot so I figure the second one ought to be even better. It seems a lot more graphic and visceral than the first (hard to imagine, but true).

[quote name='callmesteam']hmmmmm... i just can't decide on Condemned.... worth it at $20? Does it compel you to play until the end?[/QUOTE]

I played it until the end on the ps3, some of the levels made me force myself to keep on playing though, but for twenty bucks it's not a bad game.

The only real problems I had with it involved the combat. It's a bit clunky at times. Except on some rare occasions you will mainly be using your fists and items that you swing. This can sometimes lead to really quick deaths on your part, and at the same time one place that killed you instantly might be a complete breeze once you reload your last checkpoint.

If you can find a demo for it I would really recommend trying it out.

cheapy...

Just saw DS DQM for $16.99 (Amazon)
Perhaps you could add this to your links? I read a number of members seeking this at CC for $16.96 recently, and this is tax free with potential free shipping....

[quote name='bmarquardt']Check:

walmart.com
circuitcity.com[/QUOTE]

Well that's frustrating. I have $10 in reward zone money for Best Buy, and Best Buy is still selling it for $29.99 apparently.

[quote name='thunder_gamer']The Logitech controller is the same as the one on sale at Best Buy this week?[/quote]

Yes, it's the same one. Unless you are in a state where Amazon charges tax, I'd get it from Amazon. Although if you want free shipping and don't have Prime you will have to get $25 in your order.

[quote name='joshnorm']I really want to get on Lost Planet but does anyone still play the on-line game mode anymore?[/QUOTE]

Just so you know the Colonies edition is not compatible with the original Lost Planet, so if your friends or such have one version make sure you are getting the same version.

just to be clear about the forza 2 drop. i believe it is universal, but they are now shipping a platinum hits version that includes a second disc with all of the DLC. both the original version and the new hits version are now $19.99. i went for the regular version because the DLC means nothing to me and i think the platinum hits artwork is hideous.

[quote name='rpnguyen']Yes, it's the same one. Unless you are in a state where Amazon charges tax, I'd get it from Amazon. Although if you want free shipping and don't have Prime you will have to get $25 in your order.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for replying.

Cool, might get two from Amazon and save shipping.

[quote name='Terrenceistheman']condemned went back up to $37.. dammit i knew i shoulda bought it last night[/quote]

No dude both versions are still 19.99, you have to look at the right hand side's more buying choices you will see buying it from amazon directly is 19.99. Hope that helps

[quote name='Smallville123']No dude both versions are still 19.99, you have to look at the right hand side's more buying choices you will see buying it from amazon directly is 19.99. Hope that helps[/quote]

ah.. thanks smallville.. thats weird that the amazon one doesnt come up as the first option. even when i do a search for the game.

Now i just need to find something else to buy to get that free shippin

[quote name='Terrenceistheman']ah.. thanks smallville.. thats weird that the amazon one doesnt come up as the first option. even when i do a search for the game.[/QUOTE]
That's what happens when it's out of stock from Amazon.

If its not in stock for amazon, its not worth going to "more options" IMO you get taxed and charged shipping and the shipping is slower since amazon has to process the order then pass that order to the 3rd party to process etc...

I only do it for rare games myself.

[quote name='expane']If its not in stock for amazon, its not worth going to "more options" IMO you get taxed and charged shipping and the shipping is slower since amazon has to process the order then pass that order to the 3rd party to process etc...

I only do it for rare games myself.[/quote]

Even with all that its still better than the 37.99 the other retailer is charging.

bread's done
Back