Pre-Order Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, Get XBLA Banjo Kazooie Free & Early

• Please log in to reply
421 replies to this topic

#31 crazylikeafox11

crazylikeafox11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:21 PM

Who would have thought that an exclusive N64 game would be an XBLA game?

And who would have thought that an exclusive N64 game's sequel would now be an exclusive Xbox game? Makes me kind of mad since I don't have an Xbox.

#32 eminemobied12

eminemobied12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:26 PM

there is a god... amazon better have this deal cuz i h8 gamestop

#33 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:29 PM

Sweetness. $40 was sweet but free BK (it's in HD, right?) is even nicer. Well done, Microsoft & Rare. I was on the fence with this game but this is too sweet a deal to pass up.

#34 Codemaster

Codemaster

Project 2501

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:33 PM

:lol:

wonder if they'll alter the controls/camera...they're putting in Stop N Swop, at least...I can't wait!

Bravo, Rare! :applause:

I can see them making it so you can change the camera with the right analog stick.

#35 Xfactor19990

Xfactor19990

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:34 PM

Who would have thought that an exclusive N64 game would be an XBLA game?

who knows but now we need goldeneye and Perfect Dark, and in turn give nintendo something good

#36 Sinnbox

Sinnbox

Garage-sale/Thrift KING!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:36 PM

Wow, I would get this, but I just bought the Original BK at a pawnshop for $2

#37 SteveDaWonder

SteveDaWonder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:36 PM

i'm assuming since i already pre-ordered this like a week ago i'll have to cancel my pre-order and pre-order it again? lol

Where did you pre-order it at? I doubt it if its Gamestop.
Posted Image

#38 io

io

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:46 PM

Hmmm... I guess I might as well though I know nothing of these games. I don't think I'm too excited about playing a N64 game on my 360 (I barely touch the VC games I've bought so why would I want this?) but if it is free with the new game I'll give it a shot... I guess I'll drop a preorder in store at GS to throw a bone to one of the more helpful clerks I had there during the $10 exra coupon promo.

Edited by io, 19 August 2008 - 08:52 PM.

#39 johnnyrocker360

johnnyrocker360

BROTHERRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:10 PM

Where did you pre-order it at? I doubt it if its Gamestop.

yeah i got's it from gamestop

#40 jollydwarf

jollydwarf

America's #1 Poster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:33 PM

I don't know...if one is 'on the fence' about the new game and yet definitely wants the XBLA game, is it safe to say that he could purchase the old game at full price (800 "spacebucks", I believe?) and find the 360 game for less than $30 within three or four months of release?

That said, maybe it's a good idea to support this sort of tie-in so that we'll see quality preorder bonuses like this more often in the future.

(It's funny that this includes an N64 game, because there was a lot of talk/speculation that Nintendo was going to do this with their Wii-generation versions of older franchises and their corresponding VC games. Of course, Nintendo knew that their unwavering base would feel incredibly guilty about NOT paying the extra $5, $8, or $10 for those classics, so in the end, they demonstrated excellent fan service once again!)
"I like whipped cream a lot. I'll put whipped cream on anything."--Jessica Alba

Backlog at CRITICAL MASS...Backlog at CRITICAL MASS...Backlog at...

"What, you're still here? The post's over. Log off. Shoo! Shoo!"

#41 youinreverse

youinreverse

...used to be Bioshocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:39 PM

Amazing deal!

#42 ELUNO

ELUNO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:43 PM

Amazon.com is already offering this deal. Go and pre-order it!

#43 Lexxon

Lexxon

In the face!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:53 PM

Just looked, just saw it, just pre-ordered! That along with Free 3-month prime membership = BK real quick!

#44 sdp

sdp

Social Hermit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:57 PM

Free downloadable game with pre-order?

Looks like Microsoft is doing what Nintendo said they would with the VC....

Pretty cool deal, I wonder what is going to happen with all the Nintendo references in the game since there are tons.

#45 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:30 PM

I preordered on amazon as well. Cant wait. Anyone think that other retailers might give the codes out earlier? Or that theyll all give the codes out after shipping/selling the game in order to prevent people cancelling after getting the code?

#46 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:57 PM

I just added the Amazon.com link to the OP.

#47 ELUNO

ELUNO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:28 PM

I preordered on amazon as well. Cant wait. Anyone think that other retailers might give the codes out earlier? Or that theyll all give the codes out after shipping/selling the game in order to prevent people cancelling after getting the code?

From Amazon:
Codes will be emailed within 5 business days after the game releases.

#48 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:34 PM

Wow, as others have said, I would have payed 60 for the 360 game and 10 for the XBLA game with a smile on my face. 40 for both is just.... wow.
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#49 io

io

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:37 PM

Wow, as others have said, I would have payed 60 for the 360 game and 10 for the XBLA game with a smile on my face. 40 for both is just.... wow.

Well, there's no way I would have done that. I probably would have skipped the XBLA game entirely and rented the retail game when it came out then waited till it was sub-$20 to purchase. However, this deal is enough to hook me into a preorder at "full" price. $40 + the XBLA game is a nice deal, so I'm in (will preorder at Gamestop).

Now Viva Pinata 2, that is one I probably would have bought at $60 - so I'm glad that is coming out cheaper!

#50 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:38 PM

From Amazon:
Codes will be emailed within 5 business days after the game releases.

Not sure what your trying to get across with that. I realize that they are sending the codes out 5 days after release. I was just questioning whether or not other retailers would release them in the same time frame.

#51 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:40 PM

Well, there's no way I would have done that. I probably would have skipped the XBLA game entirely and rented the retail game when it came out then waited till it was sub-$20 to purchase. However, this deal is enough to hook me into a preorder at "full" price. $40 + the XBLA game is a nice deal, so I'm in (will preorder at Gamestop).

Now Viva Pinata 2, that is one I probably would have bought at $60 - so I'm glad that is coming out cheaper!

lol, I'm the opposite, simply because I was able to snag VP1 for less than 20 bucks only a few weeks after it came out. I love the game, but I'm too damned cheap, hehe.

Also, canceling Newegg's preorder is the easiest thing ever. Click the link in ur email to see the preorder, and click the cancel button. Then click the confirm cancel, and ur done. I got the cancellation confirmation in less than a minute.
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers

#52 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:33 PM

Not sure what your trying to get across with that. I realize that they are sending the codes out 5 days after release. I was just questioning whether or not other retailers would release them in the same time frame.

That would defeat the purpose of getting the original two weeks early.

#53 S0DA POPINSKI

S0DA POPINSKI

New system, but such an last gen backlog still

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:39 PM

I missed the N64 Banjo games the first time around so I will do this if I can preorder at gamestop. Then if I like N64 Banjo i'll buy the new one. If not i'll cancel the preorder. Smart promo though as I woulda waited til bargin bin for this game. It is $39.99 for it right?

#54 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:44 PM

If Banjo can be released on XBLA, then Perfect Dark can too. That game definitely needs a release. I found it to be superior over Goldeneye, and it's probably the closest you can get to having Goldeneye on the Xbox.

Anywho, I decided to switch my preorder from Newegg to Amazon for obvious reasons. :)

#55 DarthPuma

DarthPuma

RAP GAME DENNIS LEARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:45 PM

I actually still have my N64 copy of Banjo Kazooie. (Actually it's a friends, I traded him my Tooie lol.) I'm gonna hold off on the pre-order in case something better comes along.

#56 S0DA POPINSKI

S0DA POPINSKI

New system, but such an last gen backlog still

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:46 PM

If Banjo can be released on XBLA, then Perfect Dark can too. That game definitely needs a release. I found it to be superior over Goldeneye, and it's probably the closest you can get to having Goldeneye on the Xbox.

Anywho, I decided to switch my preorder from Newegg to Amazon for obvious reasons. :)

with online play!

#57 Distrato

Distrato

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:51 PM

I don't think you'll get the code for the original Banjo earlier.

#58 Proto Man

Proto Man

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:53 PM

If they clean up Perfect Dark and put in online multiplayer, it would be the best XBLA game ever.

#59 Nathan_Sama

Nathan_Sama

I'm backwards compatable.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 01:33 AM

If they clean up Perfect Dark and put in online multiplayer, it would be the best XBLA game ever.

didn't they attempt to do that with PDZ?

#60 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2008 - 01:35 AM

I think there may be some confusion. You get the code when NUTS AND BOLTS (or ~5 days after, according to Amazon) comes out, which is roughly 2 weeks BEFORE BANJO KAZOOIE XBLA. So if the joystick info is accurate, you enter the code and can DL BK XBLA two weeks earlier than it would normally come out. You don't get to play BK XBLA two weeks before Nuts and Bolts (seems to me some people are confused on this point).