Photo
- - - - -

Contest (CAG Foreplay #51): Win Fable II: Pub Games (XBLA)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic

#31 Mr.Unger

Mr.Unger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2008 - 02:14 AM

Gotta say, I'm a sucker for Geometry Wars. The sequel has robbed me of sleep for 3 straight days
Laugh, and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.

#32 PacManster17

PacManster17

Nonstop gaming marathons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2008 - 02:21 AM

Bionic Commando Rearmed. I played the original and it was challenging enough to keep me entertained.
Posted Image

Spoiler

#33 babycarlitos

babycarlitos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2008 - 02:36 AM

braid really messed with your head and is original, is great

flavarican.png

562023.png

mario64gif.gif mario64gif.gif

must...play...games..

#34 Dougerus

Dougerus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:20 AM

Bionic Commando I loved that game on the NES Back in the day already bought it on XBL !!

#35 Zushi

Zushi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2008 - 03:44 PM

I'm really looking forward to Castle Crashers. TMNT Arcade was one of my favorite XBLA games, and I'm dying for a new 4-player beat-em-up experience!

#36 loca

loca

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:03 PM

Braid really has to be one of the best Summer of Arcade game. I mean look even with its price tag it got great exposure and was well received by the gaming community, the head cheap ass himself bought the game. Not to mention Braid made me feel like I was reliving the Mario games in some alternate universe where Mario would look like a little hobbit/elf? I mean when I first played the trial before the game was out, after I was at the end it said the princess is not here. How many people do not remember that from the Mario games.

Yes it was short, yes it was a tad expensive for a game that has no re sale value, but like Mrs.Shipwreck said if you enjoyed the game, no way is it a rip off of any sorts.

#37 80473Y3

80473Y3

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:25 PM

braid, the demo just hooked me really well, but im too cheap/lazy to bug my parents to use their credit charge to but this game that's 4-5 hours. though $3 per hour of game time isn't so bad on second thought, the fact that there is no case, manual, and or disc is a big drawback in my book. me mbeing a collector and all. however, if this and the other 5 games came out on a compilation of some kind for $60 or less i would buy it in a heart beat!
the last compilation that microsoft did (which you can find in the bargain bin of almost any game store for less than $10 mabye even $5) was all lame puzzle games. and the games are alot cheaper than braid and the other games coming out. so i doubt micro$oft would make that 6 game compilation cuz they would making a pretty substantial lo$$. but if the games all sell exceptionally well i can see them doing it later on down the road.

チクショーヨ! thats a long contest entry :P

Edited by 80473Y3, 25 August 2008 - 06:16 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#38 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:06 PM

Braid was awesome and full of inventive puzzles. anyone who disagrees is a jerk.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#39 SnotRocket

SnotRocket

$20? To much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:23 PM

So far, really digging gallaga. But I'm looking forward to Castle Crashers the most, it just looks like fun plain and simple. It's bout time for a new beat-em-up and online I can imagine this being amazing!

banner1.gif
fss_overall.png

#40 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:35 PM

I was most excited about Braid after I played the demo but originally my sites were set on Castle Crashers. I just love the way Braid makes you take some time to think.
Spoiler

#41 pjh898

pjh898

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:49 PM

Loved Braid but I can't wait for Castle Crashers. I need a new co-op game for the wife.

#42 StLRamsFan

StLRamsFan

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:25 PM

I like me some Braid.
CURRENTLY PLAYING:
:ps3: Little Big Planet
:wii: Animal Crossing: City Folk
:360: The Orange Box
:ds: The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
:psp: Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
:gc: n/a

#43 JaminBunny

JaminBunny

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:12 PM

Braid! I loved the time control gimmick. One of the most original and fun game I've bought on XBLA

#44 mriswyth

mriswyth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2008 - 02:59 AM

Braid.

#45 MattX66

MattX66

The Pac-Man Skull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2008 - 07:19 PM

Duke Nukem because Duke Nukem FOREVER will NEVER come out lol

#46 Jonman

Jonman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2008 - 07:44 PM

I want to see if Banjo has aged well. I fear not. But at 40 smackeroonies, I'd be mad not to.

#47 Shadowedge

Shadowedge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2008 - 09:57 PM

Looking forward to checking out the humor and co-op action of Castle Crashers.

#48 pacemakerguy

pacemakerguy

Posted 23 August 2008 - 11:17 PM

oooo fable 2! wooo
Now playing:
Max Payne 3
GTA: Ballad of Gay Tony
NHL 12
TLOZ: Skyward Sword

#49 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 11:24 PM

I gotta go with Braid, wish the demo offered more!!
If its free, its for me!!

#50 bebo144

bebo144

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 24 August 2008 - 11:30 PM

Castle Crashers! Hopefully it doesn't suck because I've been waiting for it for forever and a half.

#51 XUGrad

XUGrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:22 AM

I'm going to have to go with Bionic Commando Rearmed. I really like when they redo an older game and it's actually fun. The D-pad is annoying but not enough to ruin the experience.

#52 juvo

juvo

Less affluent audience

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:00 PM

Another for Braid

#53 Dreamer

Dreamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:06 PM

Definitely the new Geometry Wars! I must have played at least one million games of the first one and even bought a DS so I could get another fix. The only thing I am missing is a Wii and that version. With so many good new games coming out for the 360, I don't think a Wii will be in my budget anytime soon!

In the mean time, I am still having a blast with Geo2. I still have a few achievements to go, but I play everyday to try to improve my scores and to catch my friends. They are much better than I am, but that doesn't stop me from playing hours every day! The 360 rocks!

#54 nightravenx

nightravenx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:08 PM

Bionic Commando: Rearmed. It's just an awesome remake of the NES classic I grew up with. Lot's of fond memories, and a few moments of wanting to snap the controller in half.

#55 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:45 AM

Haven't Purchased it yet but I have to say Bionic Commando Rearmed, I will buy it when I get caught up with some games

Smash 3DS 5284-1575-8564

#56 flasht3

flasht3

In the end I'll win

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2008 - 12:22 PM

Bionic Commando. The demo was great.

#57 Banzaiaap

Banzaiaap

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:13 PM

Castle Crashers here, gotta love that artwork!

#58 BigDuke13

BigDuke13

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:49 PM

Braid - fun game and a great change of pace

#59 WhytePanther

WhytePanther

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2008 - 03:01 AM

Not yet having played Castle Crashers, I'd have to say that Geometry Wars is my favorite. It just has that one more game mentality that made things like Tetris so great. The way they've made the scoreboards a more important part of the game is a big upside as well. And unlike the original GW, it always looks like it's possible to get just a few more points the next time you play.

#60 Duddy07

Duddy07

Its how you play the game

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2008 - 04:29 AM

Castle Crashers and Banjo and Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts for $40 and get Banjo and Kazooie for free. :applause:
Posted Image