CAG Foreplay #51: He Likes Ceilings, She Likes Marble Floors

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#31 deadgopher

deadgopher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:04 PM

That went through my head, but I didn't want to confuse matters any further by throwing it in there. But yes, a full-price Wii game is $50. As for the handhelds, I consider $30 to be a full-price game on the DS (even though Square-Enix routinely charges more than that and GameStop charges $35 for some Nintendo releases). For the PSP, I guess it's $40 since that's what the AAA Sony franchises come out at.

I was just using $60 as an example for the 360 and the PS3.

I think that's an interesting, perhaps un-intentional point, though. Like I said in an earlier posts, developers know damn well they can't and won't charge a lot of money (i.e. 50 or 60) for a game that's clearly behind on technology and lower in development costs. You could say that it's in direct proportion to the generation the game might be classified as. Full on retail seventh-gen games are $60, last gen is $50, stuff like arcade ports are $5 whereas super awesome arcadey games are $10-15. It'd be hard, for example, to charge $60 for a port of Defender, because shit, man, that games like 20-something years old. At the same time, who in their right mind would charge $10 for Bioshock?

Mrs. Shipwreck's point still stands, though, if you had fun, then you've got no reason to complain about it's cost.
Posted Image

#32 ShinAkumA21

ShinAkumA21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:00 AM

you both should of vacation in japan and slept over cheapyd house

#33 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2008 - 03:31 AM

Actually, it's really easy to do. In the podcasts section of your zune collection click add podcast and enter the RSS feed link.

Thanks! :D

#34 bobthecat23

bobthecat23

Més que un Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:09 AM

yeah your next vacation should be to the land of the rising sun and visit cheapy

Posted Image

#35 stonefry

stonefry

Not stoned or fried!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:48 PM

yeah your next vacation should be to the land of the rising sun...

Try not to mention vacation and sun in the same sentence.Mrs. Shipwreck is still recovering.

#36 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2008 - 07:50 PM

Shippy, Thundercats in Mexico? Man, I love your old school geekness. Was the intro in Spanish as well? :)

I hope mrs. shipwreck is better now.

btw, I disagree, Braid is WORTH IT! People paid close to $30 for Harvey Birdman and that game was way shorter. Just because it doesn't have retail packaging, that doesn't mean it's worth less. People are willing to pay close to the same retail price for games on Steam so why is Braid criticized for its price just because it's a downloadable game?

Yes it does means it's worth less. Let me count the ways: 1.No physical copy. 2.You switch systems, you're screwed and have to be connected online whenever you want to play.

One of my biggest issues with some d/l titles it how they're priced MORE then their longer disc counterparts. Anyone can look at the pinball and golf game out on XBLA and agree with me there. I could probably buy a PC game at about the same price or at $10 and have a Golf game with a ton more courses, the pinball game also. Yes some of these downloadable games are actually WAY overpriced compared to to their disc contemporaries.

Shippy for the love of GOD why don't you play some of that tripe Mrs.Shippy is reviewing. I'm referring to the girl games she MUST like. /rolls eyes. Give her more stuff like "Too Human" to play as I would love to hear her review of it over yours. No offense, I just don't think we click as much in gaming tastes. I mean she's got "Culdcept Saga" on her last played list while you don't.
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#37 otherland

otherland

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:11 PM

Yes it does means it's worth less. Let me count the ways: 1.No physical copy. 2.You switch systems, you're screwed and have to be connected online whenever you want to play.

One of my biggest issues with some d/l titles it how they're priced MORE then their longer disc counterparts. Anyone can look at the pinball and golf game out on XBLA and agree with me there. I could probably buy a PC game at about the same price or at $10 and have a Golf game with a ton more courses, the pinball game also. Yes some of these downloadable games are actually WAY overpriced compared to to their disc contemporaries.

Shippy for the love of GOD why don't you play some of that tripe Mrs.Shippy is reviewing. I'm referring to the girl games she MUST like. /rolls eyes. Give her more stuff like "Too Human" to play as I would love to hear her review of it over yours. No offense, I just don't think we click as much in gaming tastes. I mean she's got "Culdcept Saga" on her last played list while you don't.

It's only worth less to you. When you buy a game or a movie you don't own the content. Sure you CAN do anything you want with it, but laws are in place to prevent you from copying it or altering it or distributing it. Physical packaging is merely an illusion tricking you into thinking you own something that you are just renting forever. Also, I find the argument of "being able to sell the game on the grey market" a bit faulty as well. First what about the owners who choose not to sell games? Sure it's a choice but the fact they have a disk is irrelevent to the game play. Secondly, by feeding the grey market, you are only hurting publisher and developers which then in turn may lead to increased MSRPs.

"Worth" is a subjective value with no SI units attached, therefore time is a poor measurement of value. People use it because it's simple and doesn't tax the mind. It's easier to think a 50 hour game is worth 10 times a 5 hour game. And ti much easier to assume a shine box is worth a buch of 1's and 0's. If price to too high for you, that is perfectly fine. Just don't tell other people it is worthless because it is "too expensive."

#38 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:07 PM

Regarding the schedule conflicts between the CAGcast and CAG Foreplay, weren't you guys going to record on Sunday and post the show on Monday like the CAGcast is doing now? I'm not sure whether you finish the actual list with previews at least the day before the show, but if you went back to that, you'd have a list for Cheapy and Wombat to use on Saturday and they wouldn't look like idiots thinking Castle Crashers came out this week. You'd be coming out around the same time while still being the early help they need to not look stupid.

#39 mriswyth

mriswyth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2008 - 03:17 AM

More Braid talk...

You can see from my GamerCard that I've barely played this game. In fact I've only played the demo, but that is all it took for me to realize that this is THE game that I've always dreamed I could make. As a software engineer and aspiring video game creator I've always dreamed of making a platformer for the modern day. I was in the first story screen when I realized someone had already created my dream and done a much better job than I ever would. The music paired with that first text moved me in a way that I never would have dreamed possible in a game, let alone a simple platformer. I immedately fell in love with the game and hated it simultaneously. Opening that first door and actually playing that first world made me just love it.

However, the $15 dollars still seemed too high for me. Part of that might have been the fear that additional worlds opened the possibility that the demo level was just a fluke of a perfect creation and the rest of the game would taint that. Part of it was my aversion to digital only games. Part of it was just that $15 seems like a lot to me.

Luckily my wife has none of the hangups that I did about price. When it comes to games if she is excited by the game the price is worth it.

I want to finish up the Orange Box before I start Braid, but I can honestly say that I have not been this excited to expirience a game in a long time.

#40 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2008 - 03:25 AM

It's only worth less to you. When you buy a game or a movie you don't own the content. Sure you CAN do anything you want with it, but laws are in place to prevent you from copying it or altering it or distributing it. Physical packaging is merely an illusion tricking you into thinking you own something that you are just renting forever. Also, I find the argument of "being able to sell the game on the grey market" a bit faulty as well. First what about the owners who choose not to sell games? Sure it's a choice but the fact they have a disk is irrelevent to the game play. Secondly, by feeding the grey market, you are only hurting publisher and developers which then in turn may lead to increased MSRPs.

"Worth" is a subjective value with no SI units attached, therefore time is a poor measurement of value. People use it because it's simple and doesn't tax the mind. It's easier to think a 50 hour game is worth 10 times a 5 hour game. And ti much easier to assume a shine box is worth a buch of 1's and 0's. If price to too high for you, that is perfectly fine. Just don't tell other people it is worthless because it is "too expensive."

I meant WORTH LESS with the space not that it's worthless, denoting no worth. I just can't even begin to express my level of disgust at your renting argument for discs you shill. You're probably the type of person who thinks Sonny Bono was right in what he did by moving the Public Domain time up when the copyright on Mickey Mouse was about to expire.
Let me guess also. You're a full on proponent of digital downloading all right? Can you truly imagine the magnitude of jobs cut by this? Also here's a news flash, the PRICE won't go down with it. It will stay rock solid even if they're making a lot more money that way. We also never see any real sales or deals. Enjoy NEVER seeing an anthology hitting the download scene for games. I don't even think I need to get into the idea of so many things going to digital distribution and the 1984 style complications that would ensue with so quickly deleting information and molding one's mind into what you see fit.
As for you saying back up is bullshit no it's not. It's determined permissible by Fair Use.
edit: Correction you did space sorry. Ignore the first sentence.

I forgot to add that the Pinball and Golf games are a rip. Seriously dude consider the amount of programming time that it really took to create those as opposed to that marble game on XBLA for the same price. How many more levels are on that compared to the amount of Pinball tables and Golf courses on those respective games. Then the company has the NERVE to charge more for the additional stuff when they programmed little to begin with. Those add-on's should be FREE! X-(
Posted Image

#41 otherland

otherland

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2008 - 03:51 AM

I meant WORTH LESS with the space not that it's worthless, denoting no worth. I just can't even begin to express my level of disgust at your renting argument for discs you shill. You're probably the type of person who thinks Sonny Bono was right in what he did by moving the Public Domain time up when the copyright on Mickey Mouse was about to expire.
Let me guess also. You're a full on proponent of digital downloading all right? Can you truly imagine the magnitude of jobs cut by this? Also here's a news flash, the PRICE won't go down with it. It will stay rock solid even if they're making a lot more money that way. We also never see any real sales or deals. Enjoy NEVER seeing an anthology hitting the download scene for games. I don't even think I need to get into the idea of so many things going to digital distribution and the 1984 style complications that would ensue with so quickly deleting information and molding one's mind into what you see fit.
As for you saying back up is bullshit no it's not. It's determined permissible by Fair Use.
edit: Correction you did space sorry. Ignore the first sentence.

I forgot to add that the Pinball and Golf games are a rip. Seriously dude consider the amount of programming time that it really took to create those as opposed to that marble game on XBLA for the same price. How many more levels are on that compared to the amount of Pinball tables and Golf courses on those respective games. Then the company has the NERVE to charge more for the additional stuff when they programmed little to begin with. Those add-on's should be FREE! X-(

Your so quick to use 1984 as aguement. There should be a Godwin's Law for 1984 as well where you automatically lose the arguement if you bring it up. I never said backups were...ahem... "bullshit". I make back ups, and I know they are permissible. Your bringing them up with provocation without address my other issue of owning a psychical copy implies I am correct. And you are correct, I have no problem with your particular example of moving Public Domain (ie the Minkey Mouse). Why do people like you feel entitled to IP jsut because certain time has passed? I assume you are against the expended copyright on Mickey Mouse. Is this because you are against ALL copyrights. or jsut in this case? What are you thoughts on Peter Pan? recently the British Govt voted to extend the copyright of Peter Pan preventing it from falling into Public Domain. why? because the royalities goes to a chidlrens hospital (as per Barry's will statrted). Are you against this extension as well? Or is this ok because it is for a "good" cause? Why shouldn't inventors reap the benefit of their creations, etc. But this has gotten far past the point I WAS trying to make.

I am talking about quality. I am NOT saying the digital distribution is the solution. I am not saying the it will either create jobs nor cost jobs (and unless you can show data otherwise, you are just guessing). I am NOT saying Digital distribution with decreasing prcing. I am not arguing for nor against digital distribution. I personally like the shiny packaging and all. I never said nor implied any of these points. All I am saying is the holding a shiny disc in a pretty package is no more owing a game than having it on your harddrive, and that worth is not a function of tangibility nor time. It's all about experience.

I will grant you that Golf and Pinball are a waste of monies, but then that is true of everything. You have to remove the chaff from the wheat.

#42 mrs. shipwreck

mrs. shipwreck

CAG Foreplayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2008 - 11:52 AM

Regarding the schedule conflicts between the CAGcast and CAG Foreplay, weren't you guys going to record on Sunday and post the show on Monday like the CAGcast is doing now? I'm not sure whether you finish the actual list with previews at least the day before the show, but if you went back to that, you'd have a list for Cheapy and Wombat to use on Saturday and they wouldn't look like idiots thinking Castle Crashers came out this week. You'd be coming out around the same time while still being the early help they need to not look stupid.

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. They're recording on Sunday evenings, so we should be able to get a decent list of what's coming out for them to use. The only problem there is we don't catch some of the downloads until a few days later.
Posted Image

#43 meager

meager

mooseknuckle?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2008 - 05:12 PM

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. They're recording on Sunday evenings, so we should be able to get a decent list of what's coming out for them to use. The only problem there is we don't catch some of the downloads until a few days later.

If you came out with the show on the weekend, previewing the next week's releases, that'd work quite well. Downloadable games can be covered from the prior week without a big ado, because unlike retail games, they don't have sales and specials upon release so consumers have time to mull over their decision (or even play demos, that's what they're there for).

So, have you guys adjusted to the whole lookin-at-each-other-while-recording set-up yet? Sure, sitting across from each other rather than cheek-to-cheek you'll need to act more attentive, but you can be more lax in your personal hygiene duties. It's a fair trade-off!

#44 retrovertigo

retrovertigo

It's inexplicable!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2008 - 05:47 PM

Hey, Ships! I love the show, but I also love the show getting off topic. I think that you should do more shows like it.

I think its safe to say that most of the people who listen to the show are part of the gaming enthusiast crowd, but perhaps you have information that states otherwise. I think it's great to cover all of the games, but I sometimes find myself wondering if a game like The Cheetah Girls really needs to be discussed and explained any length of time, and to save that time for other discussions and more "important" releases.

Perhaps the biggest releases each week should be talked about at a greater length, and the less important games are more-or-less just listed off, a quick mention about the game and then on to the next title.

I really like hearing about the releases, but after this week's show, I really enjoyed listening to some of the off-topic and non-gaming release discussion, as well. I think that you should dedicate more time to these discussions. It's just my two cents.

Anyway, keep up the good work! And kudos to Ship for the Strong Bad "The System is Down" song at the end.

#45 Gillespee

Gillespee

Super Mario Striker!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2008 - 06:27 PM

Ooo, DLC seems to have stirred a pinch of controversy into the cauldron of foreplay. I'm not totally understanding why some people defend $15 for DLable games -if it's worth it to you, great, go for it! Buy Braid, enjoy it for a couple of hours. If you're more like me and time playing is ONE of the factors you consider when buying a game, fine. It almost seems like some of your are total DLC Fanboys while the rest of you are DLC haters. There's more to a game than just enjoying it - there's a very subjective enjoyment per dollar paid. That's why gamestop and goozex flourish - there are tons of people willing to pay $15 for a game that would never have paid $50 for it. Fun divided by price is the key.

And as soon as I figure out an equation to calculate that, I'll let you know.*

*J/K - I fully realize my tastes are not everyone's. No blasters, no blasters!

#46 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2008 - 07:49 PM

Your so quick to use 1984 as aguement. There should be a Godwin's Law for 1984 as well where you automatically lose the arguement if you bring it up. I never said backups were...ahem... "bullshit". I make back ups, and I know they are permissible. Your bringing them up with provocation without address my other issue of owning a psychical copy implies I am correct. And you are correct, I have no problem with your particular example of moving Public Domain (ie the Minkey Mouse). Why do people like you feel entitled to IP jsut because certain time has passed? I assume you are against the expended copyright on Mickey Mouse. Is this because you are against ALL copyrights. or jsut in this case? What are you thoughts on Peter Pan? recently the British Govt voted to extend the copyright of Peter Pan preventing it from falling into Public Domain. why? because the royalities goes to a chidlrens hospital (as per Barry's will statrted). Are you against this extension as well? Or is this ok because it is for a "good" cause? Why shouldn't inventors reap the benefit of their creations, etc. But this has gotten far past the point I WAS trying to make.

I will grant you that Golf and Pinball are a waste of monies, but then that is true of everything. You have to remove the chaff from the wheat.

I'm not opposed to copyright and having people make their money. As for Mickey Mouse I thought the extension was ridiculous. For Peter Pan as well. I think copyrights should be exist at MAX 20 years after the owner of said copyright has died. Having a product or idea hitting the Public Domain as such is VERY beneficial to society as a whole. It enriches it truly.
Also if copyright's were extended indefinitely back from way back we'd have few BIG movies, like the nice whole package, just because of score costs and it costing you to use a running track to shoot on(Akira Kurosawa). I think Hollywood sours me on it more than anything because of their hypocracy. I mean they bitch about all this IP and have it extended when they ROUTINELY pilfer from Public Domain. Note my scores notation above. I mean there's one particular score it seems they almost ALWAYS trot out for thrillers. It's probably by Beethoven or Mozart.
Posted Image

#47 Gillespee

Gillespee

Super Mario Striker!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2008 - 11:21 PM

I'm not opposed to copyright and having people make their money. As for Mickey Mouse I thought the extension was ridiculous. For Peter Pan as well. I think copyrights should be exist at MAX 20 years after the owner of said copyright has died. Having a product or idea hitting the Public Domain as such is VERY beneficial to society as a whole. It enriches it truly.

Like those super high-quality dollar DVDs at WalMart!

#48 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:33 AM

They'd probably be fine with the major releases that have been announced, so they can correct themselves the following week if anything else pops up.

#49 otherland

otherland

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 02:35 AM

Also if copyright's were extended indefinitely back from way back we'd have few BIG movies, like the nice whole package, just because of score costs and it costing you to use a running track to shoot on(Akira Kurosawa). I think Hollywood sours me on it more than anything because of their hypocracy. I mean they bitch about all this IP and have it extended when they ROUTINELY pilfer from Public Domain. Note my scores notation above. I mean there's one particular score it seems they almost ALWAYS trot out for thrillers. It's probably by Beethoven or Mozart.

Copyright for IP like cartoon characters are TOTALLY different that patents on products. Having Mickey Mouse in the public domain does not benefit civilization in any way, in my opinion. While an invention (ie drugs) very MUCH need to be public domain after their set amount of time. I am suggesting that IP copyright automatically extend forever. I am saying that if the creator contiunually renews his copyright or states a contunual copyright after his death it hould be allowed. If you do nothing, then is falls into public doman after they 14 or so years.

#50 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 03:29 AM

Great show guys. Really cool discussion on the DLC pricing. I just bought Geometry Wars for 400 points and I think that is an awesome price for that game. I really enjoy GW. I wish more games were priced like that.

Shipwreck, I added the RSS feed through my Zune. I don't know if they have a program tracking that stuff, but hopefully more people with Zunes add the show and it gets noticed. Some of the gaming podcasts in the marketplace I have honestly never heard of so there's no reason why Foreplay shouldn't get a shot in there.

#51 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 11:14 PM

I am suggesting that IP copyright automatically extend forever. I am saying that if the creator contiunually renews his copyright or states a contunual copyright after his death it hould be allowed. If you do nothing, then is falls into public doman after they 14 or so years.

goggles eyes. You're crazy dude. If it was up to you the movie industry would be crippled. Did you even READ my comment about Thrillers that consistently use a certain symphony from Mozart or Beethoven?

Also speaking of Mickey some might have other interpretations of the character that Disney would either CHARGE for or never let them do. I'm not even talking about sexually explicit dirty stuff. I'm just referring to things Disney doesn't feel fit the image of Mickey and tarnishes it hence NO rights. Frankly I'd be interested to see Miyazaki do a Mickey Mouse cartoon.

I would debate you on drugs though I'm not technically opposed to them coming according to my idea. I know in some ways it's sooner as it's only like 5 or 7 years before a generic version of said drug can be made. My issue with drugs is there's a lot of stuff in nature that WILL cure illness that's either not well covered or just difficult to get at. I believe the cure for a lot of diseases, non-geneticwise, like Huntingtons or ALS, are in the Rainforrest. Heck the Stem Cell bit is bullshit to begin with. They're only pushing for Stem Cell's to cure Cancer and other things because they have a patent on our own genes which should be illegal to begin with. Frankly I believe the mind/body connection can cure or minimize more things then we think. Look how long Hawking has gone on with ALS. I think he's going to end up dying of natural causes, not the ALS. It's because of his mind and perhaps his will. I guess penetrance rate may play a part but I think there's more to the Mind/Body connection than we expect.

One thing I would agree on Public Domain that really does help is consumer products hitting it, specifically self-sustaining technologies. I can only imagine what positive things will happen when Konnaka pressed Solar Panels go Public Domain. Just imagining self-sustainability getting to the 3rd World makes me happy. Them getting more then enough power from the sun to power their house. It's truly revolutionary because it allows ready power and access through minimal infrastructure added. Imagine just factories set up that don't need power from cables, the WiFi is 50, 100 or 200 miles away. Sorry I'm just dreaming of beautiful things now.
Posted Image

#52 otherland

otherland

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:43 PM

I meant to say "I am NOT suggesting that IP copyright automatically extend forever." Regardless, as for the movie industry being crippled... boo hoo. There are greater tragedies in this world. I guess they will have to create new ideas as opposed to reusing the same ones over and over.

Now, don't even get started on this issue of drugs. Everything is a big conspiracy... I think I can say that your stand is based more on hope than on science and real evidence. Just because ONE person can survive a disease doesn't make it a model to everyone. Something that can can kill someone may have no effect on another? Mind/Body connection is pure "hocus pocus" evoking at best a Placebo effect. You "believe this" you "believe that"...that's great. But I KNOW certain synthesized chemokines kills HIV. I KNOW technologies can reduce cancerous cell replications.

But why not? Sure ALL the answers are in the rainforst. It's the perfect solution: it's a big, mysterious area that humans are killing off thus making the "eventual" panacea discovery impossible and activist can bemoan industry until their dying breathe. Let pin our future on the hope that somehing maybe exist on some mythcial frog, as oppsed to doing research and science to actually cure things. Better yet, we could just let everyone who has these genetic diseases not breed. That's the perfect natual solution. If people afflicted don't "mind" not breeding, future human "bodies" will be free of the disease! "What's the best cure for hemophilia? Poke them with a pin!"

#53 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:47 PM

Great show as always, sounds like you had a bad experience in Mexico. I hate it when people have bad experiences in Mexico, it makes us look bad, yes I'm Mexican and I'm in Mexico right now and will be until school starts. Glad I always have a place to stay in Mexico and don't have to rely on someone I don't know to cook my food.
Posted Image

#54 meager

meager

mooseknuckle?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:45 PM

Definitely keep previewing the kiddie games and others "no one cares about." We're already bombarded by coverage of the big releases. The small stuff adds a unique quality to your show. It's amusing to hear Shipwreck giggle at Mrs. Shipwreck's exasperation.

#55 mrs. shipwreck

mrs. shipwreck

CAG Foreplayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:15 PM

Great show as always, sounds like you had a bad experience in Mexico. I hate it when people have bad experiences in Mexico, it makes us look bad, yes I'm Mexican and I'm in Mexico right now and will be until school starts. Glad I always have a place to stay in Mexico and don't have to rely on someone I don't know to cook my food.

I was really, really sad when I got sick in Mexico. I (to be honest) had always been wary about going because you always hear these horror stories about people getting sick. And it's unfair to judge the whole country for one bad meal. I am 100% sure that the food at the resort was awesome. The one day that we ate off the resort was when we went snorkeling. I'm pretty sure that something I ate then was the culprit. But, the people were super nice and I would really recommend going there even if I did get sick.
Posted Image

#56 terpkristin

terpkristin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2008 - 12:39 AM

Welcome, back, ships (even though I'm listening to this episode ridiculously late--stupid work)! I loved the opening theme, though I couldn't quite place it..what was it?

I really felt bad for Mrs. Ship for getting sick while in Mexico. At first I heard you guys say you were near Cozumel, and I was wondering if either of you did any SCUBA diving, but hearing about Mrs. Ship getting sick...just no fun. :(

I don't know, that Frat Party game sounds pretty awful, but who am I to talk, as I have Midway's "Game Party" for my Wii. In my defense, though, in addition to Beer Pong, it has shuffleboard, darts, skeeball, trivia, air hockey, and basketball (like the ones at the arcade). It was a spur of the moment $20 purchase.

What game is it that you were talking about with no local co-op but online co-op only? It was towards the end of the show, and though I re-wound it, I still didn't catch the name. Maybe it's time to clean out my ears.

Anyway, glad you're back, looking forward to another one this week (Tales of Vesperia!).

/tk
terpkristin
Find me on XBLA and PSN as terpkristin
Wii: 4059 1919 9282 7625
Now Playing: trying to go through the stack of games...
Trying to update the blog regularly.. http://gimpygal.blogspot.com
http://kristin.seidelmann-owners.com/

#57 sdp

sdp

Social Hermit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2008 - 04:33 AM

I've eaten in outside venues in Mexico a bunch of times and never gotten sick, I guess its just bad luck.

As for recording you guys should just stay where you are as it works, anything later is too much later and anything before and you're at the same time as the cagcast and you miss the downloadables. So yeah let Cheapy and Wombat look like fools talking about games that aren't out yet.:p

#58 io

io

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:36 AM

Hey Mrs. Ship - I had exactly the same type of experience in Mexico, but a long time ago. I'm actually somewhat surprised they still have those problems down there :lol:.

I went in 1988 or 1989 to an area south of where you were - close to Akumal. It was me, my girlfriend at the time and 2 other friends (both guys) and we rented out a villa. We were poor college students so this was by no means an all inclusive type vacation. This meant we actually ate at local places. And yet, I was the only one of the 4 of us to get sick :bomb:. I was violently ill for a day and a half. And the vomiting was by far the lesser of the two evils if you know what I mean ;). Honestly, I don't know what would have happened if I had gotten any worse than I was - we were pretty isolated and had no phone, and obviously back then no cell phone or Internet. It could have gotten interesting if I hadn't recovered pretty quickly. I always wonder what effect that experience might have on me long term though.

#59 rothgar24

rothgar24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2008 - 05:10 PM

Great show guys. I'm excited to hear Mr. Ship's impressions of Too Human after some of the reviews I've seen. Also, you stretch the shows out even longer. My dissertation would appreciate it since the only time I get real work done is during CAG podcasts.

#60 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:48 PM

I was really, really sad when I got sick in Mexico. I (to be honest) had always been wary about going because you always hear these horror stories about people getting sick. And it's unfair to judge the whole country for one bad meal. I am 100% sure that the food at the resort was awesome. The one day that we ate off the resort was when we went snorkeling. I'm pretty sure that something I ate then was the culprit. But, the people were super nice and I would really recommend going there even if I did get sick.

Mexico food = dirty. got it. j/k ;)
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09