Official GTi Club+ Thread

smiggity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Konami has a new PSN title called GTi Club+. It's based off the 1996 arcade game that, perhaps, you might remember (read: we don't). But hey, if you do remember this racing title, then the following statement about the game boasting "all-new HD visuals and widely expanded gameplay elements" might hold a lot more meaning.
full

For the tech savvy who like numbers, the game runs at 720p at 60fps and also support 5.1 sound with a remix of the original arcade's music by Atjazz. It also supports the PlayStation Eye, allowing users to keep watch over online opponents during play. Free Run, Arcade, and Bomb Tag are several of the modes mentioned in this new release. The game is set for release this November (for Europe at least).

Mpre support for the PS Eye is badly needed, so I am looking forward to it. Anyone ever play the arcade version?

Last edited by a moderator:
Konami has revealed that GTI Club + will be released on December 4th via PlayStation Network.

GTI Club + is the remake to the 1996 arcade classic that had players driving manically around Cote D’Azur in Mini Coopers and Renault 5 Turbos. The remake features revamped HD visuals, as well as additional cars, modes and PlayStation Eye support.

Perhaps more excitingly, it’s in development by Sumo Digital, most famous for their Xbox conversion of OutRun 2, so it’s bound to be a cracker.

GTI Club + will set you back £9.99 when it launches in just over four weeks time.

Tried out the demo and it definitely feels like a mid-90's arcade racer. Seems like a $5 game to me, though $10 seems like the typical price for PSN games.

This is coming out tomorrow? Just Europe or is it coming to the North American PSN, as well?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Tried out the demo and it definitely feels like a mid-90's arcade racer. Seems like a $5 game to me, though $10 seems like the typical price for PSN games.

This is coming out tomorrow? Just Europe or is it coming to the North American PSN, as well?[/QUOTE]I think Europe will get the game first. It will be $10 at the cheapest, maybe even $15 based on all that it has (online play, trophies, leaderboards, etc.).

[quote name='smiggity']Yeah thats been my assumption all along. Thanks for the info TMK. Did the demo have MP?[/QUOTE]I don't think so. It's single player only I believe.

Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. today announced that GTI Club+, the classic arcade-style racing game originally released by Konami in 1996, is now available for download on the PlayStation®Network, the digital media delivery service for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. With spectacular HD graphics, GTI Club+ enables players to compete online with up to eight friends in either free-for-all events or team play.

In GTI Club+, players race through the tight city streets and winding mountain roads of France's Ville De Circo with an elite collection of high performance European hatchbacks, such as the Mini Cooper and Volkswagen Golf. The easy pick-up-and-play racing game allows beginners and experienced veterans alike to explore the open city for the most efficient routes between checkpoints, race each other to the top of the worldwide leaderboards, or partake in the fast-paced game of Bombtag, a free-for-all-mode where players play hot potato with explosives.

GTI Club+ takes full advantage of the PLAYSTATION®3 system, utilizing the DUALSHOCK®3 wireless controller to create vibrations when cars race over bumps in the road, as well as provide motion controlled steering. As an added bonus, gamers can take pictures using the PLAYSTATION®Eye and distribute them to other gamers during crucial racing moments such as overtaking, crashing and ramming.
Seems that this will be out today according to the press release I got today? No pricing or other info, so you will probably have to wait until the update today.

All of the cars have incredibly short wheelbases so they probably handle very twitchy .
I'm downloading the demo now from EUR .

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Why not the US version?[/QUOTE]

I kept reading about how it was out , yet I couldn't find it in the store .

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It was next to the Skate 2 and Buzz PSP demos below all of the add-ons.[/QUOTE]

I got it earlier today before the US update .
What time does the store update? I thought it was the night before like on LIVE .

No, sometime on Thursday. Usually the afternoon for PST folks and closer to the evening for EST folks. Today's was up about 6:30-ish PM EST.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']No, sometime on Thursday. Usually the afternoon for PST folks and closer to the evening for EST folks. Today's was up about 6:30-ish PM EST.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clarifying that for me .

So...I can't recommend this game at all. As far as I can tell there is only one course. The only way to had any type of varying gameplay is by changing the difficulty which only opens up a few short cuts and adds traffic.

I have attempted to play some online races but still have not raced. It always times out.

I'd reccomend doing a gameshare to get it for $2 is you absolutely must have this.

I thought the demo was horrible... Luckily I saw the demo before the blind buy. Controls were too loose, maybe too sensitive. Graphics weren't good but at 200MB you wouldn't expect them to be.

This is an old arcade game in HD resolution. I actually liked the controls and didn't have issues (the game is intended to have these wacky controls due to being small cars and such), but at the same time I was one of the few who enjoyed Toy Home a lot (never had issues with the controls). Due to being an Arcade port, part of the reason it had just one course (Ridge Racer games around that same time frame had only one course too, and I remembered paying $50 for them years ago).

I like the game , for those who didn't , I strongly suggest changing the controls .
The default L2 setting is for the E-Brake , change it to Brake and give it another try .

I thought the demo was pretty fun. I'm not much of a racing game fan either. I don't know if I could justify getting this over Burnout Paradise now that it is $19.99 though.

When you play on a higher difficulty the track opens up with more shortcuts .

This game is kind of like a poor man's PGR , with a gimped car selection .

I'd be down for some Super Sega GT , I never got to play that game .
I always hoped that there would be a Dreamcast incarnation of it .

[quote name='J7.']Hopefully if people buy this, we might see Daytona, Sega Rally, and/or Super Sega GT.[/QUOTE]I'd love to see them all.

I never bought the game yet. I might one day, but probably not now. I thought demo was fun no doubt. And like Richlough said, change the controls (makes it a lot easier).

Ok, so this game is pissing me off. I've gotten all the trophies except for one and I'm about to Hulk Smash the fuck out of this controller if I cant get a legit answer.

Car Pack Trophies - Common Courtesy (Bronze) - Single Player Complete 5 Races Without Crashing. I've got 5/5 right here in front of my face and the damn thing wont unlock. I want my Trophy SONY! I did all these other silly ass requirements all I want is this last one.

Proof, to show you guys I'm not taking crazy pills.
cc.jpg

EDIT:
Ok, so I raced a few more times on Hard difficulty with the VW Polo and I finally got the trophy. Apparently you have to race like 6/5 or 7/5 in order for it to unlock. So if anyone else was having trouble with that one I just dropped a little knowledge for ya.

On another note. If anyone wants to race with me and give me somewhat of a challenge I'm down. All the people on GTi kick me out of there game because I get so far ahead. I'll race anyone on any track difficulty. I'm ranked 140th all time and 1st of the Week on the Hard track.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back