Mom Locks Kids in Trunk to Make Room for Mall Purchases (VIDEO)

[quote name='neverletthem']OK, if you have kids in the trunk, why the fuck would you open it with a cop staring right at you?! God, the idiots that populate the world.[/quote]

You act like putting kids in trunks is normal.

[quote name='Layziebones']You act like putting kids in trunks is normal.[/quote]

We used to do that shit all the time when we went to drive-in movie theaters.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']We used to do that shit all the time when we went to drive-in movie theaters.[/quote]

Was there a year old infant in the trunk like in the video?

[quote name='Layziebones']Was there a year old infant in the trunk like in the video?[/quote]

Infants got in free.

Driving 2MPH in a trunk through a parking lot in a car trunk isn't exactly a deathtrap. Unless you're a Republican soccer mom whose kids have to wear helmets when they play outside. But yeah, we were poor at the time thanks to Roger Smith.

[quote name='Moxio']...You guys gotta be shitting me. How poor were you and how low morality did your parents have?[/quote]
I actually thought it was fun. Plus I wouldn't have been able to fit any other way.

[quote name='bobo2k4']I would divorce my wife if she did that.[/quote]

I would beat my wife if she did that to my kids.

I don't get the logic there. Maybe they had pissed her off in the mall so the punishment was to ride home in the trunk? That's all I've got.

Anyway, I've been subjected to worse. They're not dead. They'll get over it.

(OMG, U HARRIBL PERSN I HOPE YOU DON'T HAV KIDS.)

[quote name='VioletArrows']I don't get the logic there. Maybe they had pissed her off in the mall so the punishment was to ride home in the trunk? That's all I've got.

Anyway, I've been subjected to worse. They're not dead. They'll get over it.

(OMG, U HARRIBL PERSN I HOPE YOU DON'T HAV KIDS.)[/quote]

If you watch the whole video, it states that she needed room for stuff she bought at the mall so she put them in the trunk and the stuff in the backseat.

That's stupefying.

I saw a pickup truck on the interstate last week with two people back in the bed. Adult + a kid. They were going probably 75. So stupid.

[quote name='wubb']That's stupefying.

I saw a pickup truck on the interstate last week with two people back in the bed. Adult + a kid. They were going probably 75. So stupid.[/quote]

Riding in the back of a pickup truck is incredibly fun and legal if you are over 16 or it is your only means of transportation.

However, what that woman did was incredibly stupid.

Ah memories...

At 5 years old my parents would put me and one or two of my sisters so we they didn't have to pay the $6 or so to get us inside the Flea Market. That or high school where we were able to cram 8-10 people in a Honda Civic and it was hell because the car had a goddamn loud ass sound system in the trunk.

[quote name='ITDEFX']God damn it.... they all fit in the trunk?[/quote]

LOL. I know, if you can fit 3 kids in your trunk, I think it will hold all of the shit you bought at the mall.

I guess most of you are of the "seatbelts and baby seats" generation, but when I was growing up (and I'm only 35) it was pretty anything goes with kids in the car. We climbed around in the backseat as there were no seatbelts (or if there were they were those airline-style lapbelts and were probably broken from having french fries jammed into them). Otherwise, we rode around loose with the dog in the back of the station wagon (basically a trunk with windows) and the only restraint device was dad hollering back at us to "knock it off or he'll turn the car around!" every few minutes.

I guess it's amazing that anyone survived the 70s!

Although having cars made out of steel instead of plastic and hope probably helped.

[quote name='someotherguy356']i think its interesting that the cop didnt say a damn thing about it and just let her go[/QUOTE]

This is the most incredible thing about this video to me.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Are you fucking kidding me? She got off with a fine for putting a baby and two kids in her trunk on the highway?[/QUOTE]

Well, she is white ya know :cool:

[quote name='Fanboy']I guess most of you are of the "seatbelts and baby seats" generation, but when I was growing up (and I'm only 35) it was pretty anything goes with kids in the car. We climbed around in the backseat as there were no seatbelts (or if there were they were those airline-style lapbelts and were probably broken from having french fries jammed into them). Otherwise, we rode around loose with the dog in the back of the station wagon (basically a trunk with windows) and the only restraint device was dad hollering back at us to "knock it off or he'll turn the car around!" every few minutes.

I guess it's amazing that anyone survived the 70s!

Although having cars made out of steel instead of plastic and hope probably helped.

This is the most incredible thing about this video to me.[/quote]

I know what you mean, but with me it was the 80s. I would ride in my parents Chevy Malibu station wagon standing up in the back between the front seats. It was either there or I would chill in the very back where any wreck was sure to injure me.

Parents just didn't know any better back then for some reason. The cars were definitely stronger, but that doesn't make up for the fact that we were just asking to get messed up if our parents even had to stop quickly.

[quote name='Layziebones']If you watch the whole video, it states that she needed room for stuff she bought at the mall so she put them in the trunk and the stuff in the backseat.[/quote]

Yeah, I got that, but it doesn't make any sense. Obviously there's plenty of room in the trunk for the boxes, and the kids (I'm hoping) had to be in the seats on the drive over, why would she switch them out?

[quote name='VioletArrows']Yeah, I got that, but it doesn't make any sense. Obviously there's plenty of room in the trunk for the boxes, and the kids (I'm hoping) had to be in the seats on the drive over, why would she switch them out?[/QUOTE]

To shut them up, probably were being loud and she said you know what, get in the trunk!

I call BS on that. No police officer is going to pull over someone who has three kids locked in the trunk and then let her go.

If he did, then the officer should be sited for negligence.

TBW

I'm actually bothered by the way that the television show portrays the situation in a playful manner. That is seriously messed up and not funny at all.

I dunno. We stuffed one of my friends in the trunk to make room to give another a ride home. We almost didn't let him out of the trunk, either.

[quote name='Layziebones']Was there a year old infant in the trunk like in the video?[/quote]

I think the older kids were babysitting the infant though. It would be insane to put an infant in the trunk without anyone supervising him/her.

bread's done
Back