Beyond Good & Evil and AudioSurf - $4.99 - Steam

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 Medium_Pimpin

Medium_Pimpin

Dead broke, but Hood Rich

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:00 AM

In for audiosurf. This won't be coming to consoles anytime soon.
Go back to bed america, your govt. has figured out how it all transpired. Go back to bed america, your govt. is in control again. Here is american gladiators, go back to bed america. Here is 56 channels of American Gladiators, watch these pituitary retards bang their ****ing skulls together and congratulate you on living in the land of freedom. YOU ARE FREE TO DO AS WE TELL YOU.

#62 Over easy

Over easy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:22 AM

Picked up BG&E. Not sure about Audiosurf yet. It's nice to play your mp3, but most of the time I would just like to listen to my music.
Posted Image

#63 GrilledWitOnions

GrilledWitOnions

Thrillhouse!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:38 AM

I highly recommend getting one of these for your laptop:

Genius MaxFire Pandora

Genius MaxFire Pandora Pro
IGN Review

The D-pads could be better, but the price is right and they are super portable. They'll fit in any laptop bag easily.

Those are some pretty cool controllers. If you already have a PS2 controller, for about $12 you can get a PS2 Controller=>USB adapter from Radio Shack to hook it up to your computer. Then download xpadder or similar keymapping software to map the button presses to key presses. I use this setup for a lot of games (joysticks sometimes work well as a mouse, if you set them up right), as well as to control media player classic.
I know for that price you can pretty much get one of those whole controllers, but I like using the real thing.

edit: for $16 after ship you can get this and connect two PS controllers. I think that's the best bet, especially since it says it works with dance pads and such, and I don't think the Radio Shack one does.
Also why is it that when i click the "Diablo" picture, i get sent to pc games without the Diablo and even when i searched for Diablo, i get no results.
Oh boy...You said there was going to be Diablo op. Where is my Diablo? I dont see Diablo. You promised me Diablo.

#64 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:05 PM

I'm glad I got Audiosurf, but I think it's one of those games that I'm just not good at. I feel like I'm just randomly gathering blocks because I there's just so much going on that I don't have time to think about whether it would be good or bad to grab a particular block. Of course, I'm sure that challenge is part of the appeal.

#65 tsmvengy

tsmvengy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2008 - 12:40 PM

The only thing wrong with this is that Best Buy carries next to nothing less than $50. Better to look online for one.

As for Audiosurf, I downloaded it last night (my 6800 is up to the task, heh) and I'm liking it. Using your own tunes is a nice, nice touch, as is dividing the scoreboards by song.

Anyone have any thoughts on Beyond Good and Evil? I have it for the Gamecube, but for $5 it might be worth having it on Steam.

If you already have it for GC, I would skip the Steam version - the PC version is inferior in every way.

Also, to the person who complained that this game requires a GeForce2: seriously? Still rocking a Pentium II also?
Currently Playing:
:wii: Trauma Center: Second Opinion
:gc: Prince of Persia: Two Thrones
:gba: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

#66 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:37 PM

I'm glad I got Audiosurf, but I think it's one of those games that I'm just not good at. I feel like I'm just randomly gathering blocks because I there's just so much going on that I don't have time to think about whether it would be good or bad to grab a particular block. Of course, I'm sure that challenge is part of the appeal.

Well, you can play with just 2 colors, and that makes it a lot easier. I find the high level gameplay confusing as well.

If you already have a PS2 controller, for about $12 you can get a PS2 Controller=>USB adapter from Radio Shack to hook it up to your computer.

The reason I recommended the Genius Pandora controllers is for their portability. Using other controllers on a PC is fine of course (Xbox 360 pad rocks), but laptop users can especially benefit from a controller that fits in just about anything.

Edited by eastx, 26 August 2008 - 09:39 PM.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#67 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:20 PM

Wow, just booted up BG&E and the thing is hella buggy...not very happy...

I haven't had any issues w/ BG&E PC -- and I ain't changed all the settings. Everything's pumped up all the way.
(If I get issues, I'll mess with them...)

A lot of the older games, when you run them on a new PC, you got to fiddle w/ the settings a bit to get them to work. Usually, these days, don't take much fiddling to get it going -- unless you're trying to run say a DOS game on Win XP or something; in which you might want to get DosBox for that.

Anyways, Go back a page and see Buck's post on what settings to put BG&E PC on, to avoid graphical issues -- with newer vid cards and newer drivers.

Me, I run it on this PC -- Win XP, 3.2 Ghz P4 with HT Tech, 2 GB RAM DDR2, 512 MB GeForce 8800 GT DDR3 (with the newest PhysX supported drivers installed).

Hell, I'mma just link you to the pic of his settings.
Posted Image

#68 bulldog93

bulldog93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:17 AM

I'm one of the few who actually picked up BG&E when it first came out. Very cool and different type of game. I actually finished it. I'd play it again it's that good.
Posted Image

#69 Mighty Beck

Mighty Beck

Posted 27 August 2008 - 04:23 AM

Crap, I missed this awesome deal. They don't ever do repeats, do they? Like Amazon Deal of the Day?

#70 52club

52club

This ain't intramurals!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:10 AM

Ok, I'm starting to feel my age. How do you get to the BGE settings after the initial install.
Space for Rent:lol:

#71 Codemaster

Codemaster

Project 2501

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2008 - 12:39 PM

Start -> Programs -> Ubisoft -> Beyond Good & Evil -> Beyond Good & Evil Settings

#72 EvilJester

EvilJester

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:30 PM

thanks for the heads up man
love BG&E

#73 52club

52club

This ain't intramurals!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:33 AM

Start -> Programs -> Ubisoft -> Beyond Good & Evil -> Beyond Good & Evil Settings

I've got everything launching from steam, so I don't have a Ubisoft file with the exe, any other ideas?

NM, it is located at C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\beyond good and evil for me. Steam is a major PIA so far. Hopefully I'll start to see the benefits soon.

Edited by 52club, 28 August 2008 - 01:55 AM.

Space for Rent:lol:

#74 ID2006

ID2006

"Klaymen, up here!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:54 AM

I've got everything launching from steam, so I don't have a Ubisoft file with the exe, any other ideas?

You can change the settings in the game's folder.

Steam\steamapps\common\beyond good and evil

There should be a file you can open called "SettingsApplication.exe".