Photo
- - - - -

The "support this online petition" thread

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Richlough

Richlough

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:32 PM

The purpose of this thread is to post a petition you believe in and get more support for it .

I know some[most] are a joke but I trust the CAG community to use good judgement .

Here's mine to kick it off .

http://www.petitiono...w/petition.html

card.pngl1.gif

#2 Magehart

Magehart

It's on like Donkey Kong!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2008 - 01:00 AM

Or, you know, go out and actually put more than 2 seconds of effort and get a real petition going if it's something you care about.

Slacktivism = downfall of Modern America.
Posted Image

Mr Simon was there, too, as well as other Germans who lived through the Berlin blockade like Gerhard Kapito.
"After the war, we looked on the Allies as occupiers," he says. "But after that we came to see them as our friends."

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

#3 Gothic Walrus

Gothic Walrus

Goo Goo G'Joob.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2008 - 01:02 AM

Online petitions accomplish pretty much nothing.

I see this thread doing the same thing.

ah, a voice of logic in the form of a walrus

#4 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 23 August 2008 - 01:03 AM

I see this thread accomplishing more than any online petition. :-#

#5 Richlough

Richlough

Posted 23 August 2008 - 01:59 AM

Online petitions accomplish pretty much nothing.

I see this thread doing the same thing.

I guess I should've used the Uwe Boll one as an example . :lol:

card.pngl1.gif

#6 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 23 August 2008 - 02:27 AM

Petitions rarely work. What does work is when fans buy some object with their own money and mail it to the company they want to bend to their will.

I recall that Roswell show was set to be canceled and all the fans mailed tobasco sauce to the production company. At first it was seen as a cute show of support, but then they had nowhere to put the thousands of hot sauce bottles and wound up spending their own money to create a tobasco disposal task force (probably just paying out the nose in overtime for the janitors and mailroom guys). I think the show got one or two more seasons out of that protest.

I'd just mail in boxes of petrified dog shit with letters telling them if they don't bring the show back they'll get crates of petrified elephant shit.

#7 dcfox

dcfox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2008 - 02:45 AM

Petitions rarely work. What does work is when fans buy some object with their own money and mail it to the company they want to bend to their will.

I recall that Roswell show was set to be canceled and all the fans mailed tobasco sauce to the production company. At first it was seen as a cute show of support, but then they had nowhere to put the thousands of hot sauce bottles and wound up spending their own money to create a tobasco disposal task force (probably just paying out the nose in overtime for the janitors and mailroom guys). I think the show got one or two more seasons out of that protest.

I'd just mail in boxes of petrified dog shit with letters telling them if they don't bring the show back they'll get crates of petrified elephant shit.

Didn't the same thing happen with that show Jericho?

#8 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 23 August 2008 - 03:57 AM

Yeah, they sent in Planters peanuts or something like that.

#9 Gothic Walrus

Gothic Walrus

Goo Goo G'Joob.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2008 - 03:59 AM

Yeah, they sent in Planters peanuts or something like that.

And then they got canceled again the next year. :lol:

ah, a voice of logic in the form of a walrus

#10 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 23 August 2008 - 04:23 AM

Pfft. It didn't work for Angel, and we worked hard to mail, fax, send cakes to the right people.

We didn't fax the cakes, by the bye. We faxed sincere letters. People in our campaign also rented mobile advertisements and got airtime on morning news shows, and it still didn't work.

#11 dcfox

dcfox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2008 - 04:59 AM

At least Angel had an ending, which is more than what most of these shows get. And didn't everyone die in the end of that show? Not sure how you would bring it back after that.

#12 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 23 August 2008 - 05:28 AM

At least Angel had an ending, which is more than what most of these shows get. And didn't everyone die in the end of that show? Not sure how you would bring it back after that.

http://en.wikipedia...._After_the_Fall

#13 Reality's Fringe

Reality's Fringe

Goes sex for pussy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2008 - 01:52 PM

We should mail body parts to Nintendo of America in support of Earthbound on the VC and the release of Mother 3.
http://artthoubored.ytmnd.com/

http://snapintotehslimjim.ytmnd.com/

I had one last summer. I was asleep for it so I have no recollection of anything being up my ass.

#14 N1c0_ds

N1c0_ds

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2008 - 04:34 PM

Uh... it's just a TV show?