The "support this online petition" thread

Or, you know, go out and actually put more than 2 seconds of effort and get a real petition going if it's something you care about.

Slacktivism = downfall of Modern America.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Online petitions accomplish pretty much nothing.

I see this thread doing the same thing.[/QUOTE]

I guess I should've used the Uwe Boll one as an example . :lol:

Petitions rarely work. What does work is when fans buy some object with their own money and mail it to the company they want to bend to their will.

I recall that Roswell show was set to be canceled and all the fans mailed tobasco sauce to the production company. At first it was seen as a cute show of support, but then they had nowhere to put the thousands of hot sauce bottles and wound up spending their own money to create a tobasco disposal task force (probably just paying out the nose in overtime for the janitors and mailroom guys). I think the show got one or two more seasons out of that protest.

I'd just mail in boxes of petrified dog shit with letters telling them if they don't bring the show back they'll get crates of petrified elephant shit.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Petitions rarely work. What does work is when fans buy some object with their own money and mail it to the company they want to bend to their will.

I recall that Roswell show was set to be canceled and all the fans mailed tobasco sauce to the production company. At first it was seen as a cute show of support, but then they had nowhere to put the thousands of hot sauce bottles and wound up spending their own money to create a tobasco disposal task force (probably just paying out the nose in overtime for the janitors and mailroom guys). I think the show got one or two more seasons out of that protest.

I'd just mail in boxes of petrified dog shit with letters telling them if they don't bring the show back they'll get crates of petrified elephant shit.[/quote]
Didn't the same thing happen with that show Jericho?

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Yeah, they sent in Planters peanuts or something like that.[/QUOTE]

And then they got canceled again the next year. :lol:

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Petitions rarely work. What does work is when fans buy some object with their own money and mail it to the company they want to bend to their will.

I'd just mail in boxes of petrified dog shit with letters telling them if they don't bring the show back they'll get crates of petrified elephant shit.[/quote]

Pfft. It didn't work for Angel, and we worked hard to mail, fax, send cakes to the right people.

We didn't fax the cakes, by the bye. We faxed sincere letters. People in our campaign also rented mobile advertisements and got airtime on morning news shows, and it still didn't work.

At least Angel had an ending, which is more than what most of these shows get. And didn't everyone die in the end of that show? Not sure how you would bring it back after that.

bread's done
Back