CAG Madden League

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

#121 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

Yo, check the fresh flava

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2008 - 04:48 PM

So after we play the regular season and the playoffs, then we play the winner from the AFC league?

That's right.
Posted Image

#122 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2008 - 05:05 PM

5 guys still have 0 games played and are never online (at least when I check).

Maybe it's time to find out if they are still gonna participate.

Yeah, I know what you're saying. We're only a few weeks into this though. However, I think if one just waits until they find another league player online, then they may never connect with some owners to play. Not everyone's schedule matches up the same. Some of us are online quite often, others not so much.

There's nothing to prevent you from using CAG through this forum or through PM to arrange game times. For those hard to reach owners, I'd suggest reaching out to them directly to see if they are responsive. Hopefully they will be. A nice friendly "Hey, I'd like to play you when do you think you'll be online?" message may be the way to go at first.

Know that everyone who is registered now has already gone through the "hey I haven't heard from your or seen you register, are you still interested?" filter if they were initially unresponsive. Everyone in the leuage so far has either played a game or said "yes, I'm still interested."

Having said all that, I do believe that the inactive owners have a responsibility to arrange games too. Adding the other owners as a friend isn't enough if their schedule doesn't match with everyone else's. While they active players can help the process, it isn't their job to arrange the games of others.

At some point (soon?) I suspect we'll have to cut some inactive owners out. At that point we'd either open the teams back up or go with a smaller league. I'd like to make that decision with your input and primetime's too (the AFC commish).

Thanks for the feedback. I'll take another look at the level of activity this weekend and see where we stand.
Posted Image

#123 metrognome

metrognome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2008 - 10:57 PM

Yeah, I know what you're saying. We're only a few weeks into this though. However, I think if one just waits until they find another league player online, then they may never connect with some owners to play. Not everyone's schedule matches up the same. Some of us are online quite often, others not so much.

There's nothing to prevent you from using CAG through this forum or through PM to arrange game times. For those hard to reach owners, I'd suggest reaching out to them directly to see if they are responsive. Hopefully they will be. A nice friendly "Hey, I'd like to play you when do you think you'll be online?" message may be the way to go at first.

Know that everyone who is registered now has already gone through the "hey I haven't heard from your or seen you register, are you still interested?" filter if they were initially unresponsive. Everyone in the leuage so far has either played a game or said "yes, I'm still interested."

Having said all that, I do believe that the inactive owners have a responsibility to arrange games too. Adding the other owners as a friend isn't enough if their schedule doesn't match with everyone else's. While they active players can help the process, it isn't their job to arrange the games of others.

At some point (soon?) I suspect we'll have to cut some inactive owners out. At that point we'd either open the teams back up or go with a smaller league. I'd like to make that decision with your input and primetime's too (the AFC commish).

Thanks for the feedback. I'll take another look at the level of activity this weekend and see where we stand.

One Thing I'd Like to see that could help with some of this is to set up a weekly night/time that we could vote on for everyone to try to meet up and play. It would speed up games and maybe give the less active owners a time to know when to get games in.

My best time is any Monday thru Thursday around 11pm EST or Sunday evening.

So if everybody wants to post their ideal day/time they'd like to see a meetup we might be able to get this going...

of course if you dont think its a good idea Strangepork, you can always veto...

#124 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2008 - 11:22 PM

One Thing I'd Like to see that could help with some of this is to set up a weekly night/time that we could vote on for everyone to try to meet up and play. It would speed up games and maybe give the less active owners a time to know when to get games in.

My best time is any Monday thru Thursday around 11pm EST or Sunday evening.

So if everybody wants to post their ideal day/time they'd like to see a meetup we might be able to get this going...

of course if you dont think its a good idea Strangepork, you can always veto...

No, that's actually a good idea. I like it let's run with it and see how it pans out. Can I nominate you to compile the results?

For me, I can be available most nights after 9:30 central time.

Dr. SP
Posted Image

#125 metrognome

metrognome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2008 - 12:30 AM

ALL OWNERS, PLEASE POST A VOTE FOR A NIGHT/TIME YOU'D LIKE TO SEE A MEET-UP FOR GAMES.
THANKS!

*UPDATE: 10/16 - votes as of 9/15/08

Results thus far:

Time: Median Time frame so far seems like 10 PM ET (9 CT, 8 MT, 7 PT)

Monday - 7 votes - 1st (tied)
Tuesday - 7 Votes - 1st (tied)
Wednesday - 6 Votes
Thursday - 5 Votes
Friday - 4 Votes
Saturday - 5 Votes
Sunday - 5 Votes

(Votes for "any night" are counted once on each day.)

Voters:

(CAG/PSN)

metrognome - Tuesday nights 11pm EST.
Strangepork/ChizelMonkee - any night after 10:30 EST (9:30 CST)
m_d_amore/mdam0re - 6pm to 11pm M - F or later weekends
pinoyunggoy/bassek - anytime
Papi Chullo - Monday or Wednesday 8pm - ?
Thomas96/Thomaticus 305 - Saturday
Bhay99 - Tuesday
Plinko/RedWingLion - Monday
lilwiggum/bigtimehawkfan - Sun thru Th
starmask2k3/mizerytheraven - anyday after 10 or 10:30

Edited by metrognome, 16 September 2008 - 12:16 AM.
updating post

#126 m_d_amore

m_d_amore

BrooKlyn Bum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2008 - 12:50 AM

Anyone wanna go now?

11 is a bit late for me during the week but weekends are ok late . work @ 630am so kinda tough
ususally during the week after 6pmESttil about 11
Posted ImagePosted Image
You can kill a cow(mo0) and eat it. But you can't pick a plant and Smoke it?
Assy Ass Ass , Ass Ass.

XBox 360 is for Poor people

#127 pinoyunggoy

pinoyunggoy

GO CHARGERS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:34 AM

for the time being, i'm free whenever, just let me know the time. once classes start, it'll change though.

#128 m_d_amore

m_d_amore

BrooKlyn Bum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2008 - 11:47 PM

Anyone gonna Be around today (sat)???

Edited by m_d_amore, 13 September 2008 - 03:15 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Assy Ass Ass , Ass Ass.

#129 PapiChullo

PapiChullo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2008 - 03:28 PM

Best nights for me are Mon & Wed, after about 8 EST. Then Sunday's after football.

I apologize for not having gotten any games in yet. I'm going to try and knock some out this week. Send me a PM or message on PSN if you want to get a game. I usually do a little better w/ scheduled times.

PapiChullo.png

Now playing: :ps3: Far Cry 3  (One more stupid co-op trophy for the plat :-x )  :ps4: Contrast, FIFA 14  :3ds: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box :psp: TxK, Hot Shots Golf

Most Recently Completed: :ps3: Infamous: Festival of Blood,  :psp:Rayman Origins, Mutant Mudds

#130 m_d_amore

m_d_amore

BrooKlyn Bum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:22 PM

Any one going to be on tonight>? if so what time:?
Posted ImagePosted Image
Assy Ass Ass , Ass Ass.

#131 metrognome

metrognome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2008 - 03:37 PM

Yo Commish,

Could you send out some PMs to the rest of the owners to check out the thead and vote, just in case some of them aren't checking back here regularly. Also a couple of them aren't on CAG, what should we do about them?

#132 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2008 - 04:15 PM

I'm voting for Saturday
Posted Image

#133 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2008 - 05:05 PM

Yo Commish,

Could you send out some PMs to the rest of the owners to check out the thead and vote, just in case some of them aren't checking back here regularly. Also a couple of them aren't on CAG, what should we do about them?

Why don't you go ahead and contact them through PM? I hope you don't mind. You've seem to have made some progress and that's great! I've just put so much time getting us to 16 registered owners that I'm a bit drained on this right now. I'm glad that other owners like you have stepped up to make the league better. Keep running with it. It takes work, but you'll get there.

As for the two non-CAGers. Fortunately, they do seem to be active. You could ask them though PSN . . . or ignore them.

Your call.
Posted Image

#134 metrognome

metrognome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:27 AM

Word. Everybody but the two non CAGs should have a PM letting them know to stop by and vote. Can't wait to get this going.

#135 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:50 AM

Word. Everybody but the two non CAGs should have a PM letting them know to stop by and vote. Can't wait to get this going.

That's great! Thanks for taking this on. Maybe when you find the winning night we can let the other conference know and they can adopt that time as well just to make it easy for them too.
Posted Image

#136 m_d_amore

m_d_amore

BrooKlyn Bum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:01 AM

anyone up or a game tonight?
Posted ImagePosted Image
Assy Ass Ass , Ass Ass.

#137 metrognome

metrognome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:10 AM

anyone up or a game tonight?

I'll probably be on around 11pm EST, hopefully we wont get disconnected like last time.

#138 PapiChullo

PapiChullo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:00 AM

Hey good game m_d_amore. I couldn't do a thing in the passing game. And Dunn hurt me, seemed like he kept getting 5-7 yards on every carry.

Gameplay note: It was a little frustrating that I wasn't able to run off tackle when the line was stacked all the way in the middle most of the time. Didn't make much sense. Maybe it was just that my line sucked.

PapiChullo.png

Now playing: :ps3: Far Cry 3  (One more stupid co-op trophy for the plat :-x )  :ps4: Contrast, FIFA 14  :3ds: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box :psp: TxK, Hot Shots Golf

Most Recently Completed: :ps3: Infamous: Festival of Blood,  :psp:Rayman Origins, Mutant Mudds

#139 m_d_amore

m_d_amore

BrooKlyn Bum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:01 AM

Hey good game m_d_amore. I couldn't do a thing in the passing game. And Dunn hurt me, seemed like he kept getting 5-7 yards on every carry.

Gameplay note: It was a little frustrating that I wasn't able to run off tackle when the line was stacked all the way in the middle most of the time. Didn't make much sense. Maybe it was just that my line sucked.

good game man
i saved some highlights of it
Posted ImagePosted Image
Assy Ass Ass , Ass Ass.

#140 Bhay99

Bhay99

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:30 AM

I'll vote for Tuesday night
Posted Image

#141 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2008 - 05:09 AM

Anyone try playing with a headset recently? I've been having problems as in I get nothing works for voice. Not working in Jeopardy either. May be my end but stuff worked before. Even voice though my PS Eye isn't working.
Posted Image

#142 Plinko

Plinko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:14 PM

Monday at 10 EST sounds good to me.

Fridays and Saturdays are absolute no-gos for me.

#143 lilwiggum

lilwiggum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2008 - 05:53 PM

I vote any night except Friday and Saturday. 9 PM C is a good time.

#144 sprintfinanceguy

sprintfinanceguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2008 - 01:42 AM

I'm actually out of town for the next 2 weeks, and I'm one of the owner's with no games played as of yet. I'm generally online after 9PM (put the kids to bed then) until about 11pm. Those are central times...

When I get back on the 29th of September, I'll do my best to start catching up on games, should be able to get 3/4 in a week if I can catch people.

#145 m_d_amore

m_d_amore

BrooKlyn Bum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2008 - 01:47 AM

anyone wanna get a game in now?
Posted ImagePosted Image
Assy Ass Ass , Ass Ass.

#146 metrognome

metrognome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2008 - 02:56 AM

I'm actually out of town for the next 2 weeks, and I'm one of the owner's with no games played as of yet. I'm generally online after 9PM (put the kids to bed then) until about 11pm. Those are central times...

When I get back on the 29th of September, I'll do my best to start catching up on games, should be able to get 3/4 in a week if I can catch people.

What day of the week would you like to see a meetup for owners to play games? since your one of the ones who hasn't played many, once we get a night set up it should help you get in at least one solid night a week to play league games...

#147 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:04 AM

Just a reminder, if it isn't obvious already, if you want your game to count as a league game can you have to issue or accept an invite for a league game not just any online game. Don't miss out on a win just because you issued the wrong invite.

Yes, this has happened.
Posted Image

#148 Steggy

Steggy

Shhhhhhhhh

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:52 AM

anyone wanna play late tomorrow?

#149 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2008 - 04:17 PM

FYI to the league -

I've contacted three owners who haven't played a game yet. I've given them until Tuesday to play or I will release their teams. A forth owner has dropped from the league without explanation. I will make that team available shortly.

I've seen my role as commissioner as mainly ensuring that we all have opponents to play. If replacements for these teams are necessary, I hope to have them soon.

Thanks to all of you who continue to play and make the league fun!
Posted Image

#150 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 20 September 2008 - 06:19 PM

FYI to the league -

I've contacted three owners who haven't played a game yet. I've given them until Tuesday to play or I will release their teams. A forth owner has dropped from the league without explanation. I will make that team available shortly.

I've seen my role as commissioner as mainly ensuring that we all have opponents to play. If replacements for these teams are necessary, I hope to have them soon.

Thanks to all of you who continue to play and make the league fun!

I release my self