CAG Madden League

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

#181 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

Yo, check the fresh flava

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2008 - 12:06 PM

Looking forward to tonight! Try to make it if you can and keep checking those games played off.
Posted Image

#182 metrognome

metrognome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:19 AM

oops. sorry I am late tonight. I think from the past two weeks we probably don't need to set up a room anyway since there's no way to jump straight into a league game from there. From now on on Tuesdays, just sign in and go to the league page, see who's on and send a PSN message or an invite. As long as we all know to try to get in games on Tuesdays it should still speed up the league...Sorry again

#183 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:45 AM

oops. sorry I am late tonight. I think from the past two weeks we probably don't need to set up a room anyway since there's no way to jump straight into a league game from there. From now on on Tuesdays, just sign in and go to the league page, see who's on and send a PSN message or an invite. As long as we all know to try to get in games on Tuesdays it should still speed up the league...Sorry again

I think you are probably right. Captainghoast and I were on a few minutes early and just got going (he won :().

Looks like a lot of owners were playing tonight. Good stuff!
Posted Image

#184 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2008 - 06:23 PM

Hey Guys -

I am traveling for work this week and won't be in town for Tuesday's League night. I'm going to reach out to some owners individually to see if I can get a game in Sunday or Monday. (Papichilo, I' coming after you!!! :))

Good luck, have fun, and keep playing!
Posted Image

#185 PapiChullo

PapiChullo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:03 PM

Fellas,

I just moved into a new place over the weekend and don't have cable/intenet/phone yet. They are supposed to come out early next week to hook everything up, so I should be back up and running by the middle of next week to get some games in.

PapiChullo.png

Now playing: :ps3: Far Cry 3  (One more stupid co-op trophy for the plat :-x )  :ps4: Contrast, FIFA 14  :3ds: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box :psp: TxK, Hot Shots Golf

Most Recently Completed: :ps3: Infamous: Festival of Blood,  :psp:Rayman Origins, Mutant Mudds

#186 metrognome

metrognome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2008 - 12:05 AM

I should be on around 10:30ish as usual.

Remember anybody who gets on for a game tonight, just go straight to the league standings and see who's on to play. PSN message to set up games of course. See you in the trenches!

#187 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:08 PM

Guys

THe NFL season is about halfway through. I figured it might be a good time to update you all on the number of games played.

On an individual level, here's how it stands:

PSN ID # Played % of Season
Metrognome 8 67%
Bhay99 7 58%
Thomaticus 7 58%
Tbuckner 7 58%
ChizelMonkee 7 58%
mdam0re 6 50%
bassek 5 42%
Captainghost 5 42%
l1nd 4 33%
PKay53 3 25%
RedWingLion 3 25%
NotoriousROB 2 17%
Papichillo 2 17%

I think that puts us at about 42% of all games needed to be played. Thanks to Metrognome for leading the way!

If you're at the top of the list, ping those owners at the bottom and see if you can arrange a time to play. l1nd and NorotiousRob haven't been online in 10+ days, so I wonder what they are up to and Papi say he'd be back online this week so hopeyfully you can hook up with him too.

Remember to join us on Tuesday nights for league night as well!
Otherwise, keep playing and have fun!!

PS - I haven't had any nibbles for awhile so I'm going to close the league to new owners. FYI ALso, I haven't heard from the AFC in awhile, I'll see how they are doing.

Posted Image

#188 PapiChullo

PapiChullo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2008 - 08:51 PM

Update on my internet, Verizon messed up the order and aren't going to be able to make it out until 11/3, so I'll be back up and running then.

PapiChullo.png

Now playing: :ps3: Far Cry 3  (One more stupid co-op trophy for the plat :-x )  :ps4: Contrast, FIFA 14  :3ds: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box :psp: TxK, Hot Shots Golf

Most Recently Completed: :ps3: Infamous: Festival of Blood,  :psp:Rayman Origins, Mutant Mudds

#189 metrognome

metrognome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:18 PM

well the good news is I have played the most games, the bad news is Im 2-6!

I'll be on tonight for league play as usual around 10 or so.
the owners I am yet to play I believe are:

Thomaticus
CaptainGhost
RedWingLion
& NotoriousROB

if one of you guys is on tonight hit me up for a game!!!
I'll send some PSN messages to be pro-active as well...

#190 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2008 - 09:45 PM

Sorry I haven't been around for league night. I've been traveling for work the last few Tuesdays and will be for this Tuesday as well. I'm updating my list on who I have to play so expect some invites from me directly.

Keep playing!!!! I'm 2-4 and having fun!
Posted Image

#191 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2008 - 10:33 PM

Well, it looks like TBuckner dropped as the Cards. He didn't say anything to me but he isn't on the roster anymore on Madden online.

Also, PSN says l1nd and NotoriousROB haven't been online in 34 days and 29 days respectively. I'll reach out to them but I suspect they are done. It would be too bad to lose them as they've already played some games (4 and 2 respectively).

I'll let you know if I have any updates.
Posted Image

#192 cartman58

cartman58

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:55 AM

Hmm. Can someone be added late? I'd be down to join if there is room.

#193 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2008 - 05:58 AM

Hmm. Can someone be added late? I'd be down to join if there is room.

I think so. With you added we'd be a 13- team league so that means you'd have to play 12 games plus playoffs.

Can you commit to that? Some teams have played 5, 6, or 7 games while others have played only a handful. You'd have to catch up but you're only a few games "behind."

If you can commit, I say you're in. We're playing NFC teams in this league. Who are you interested in? Check the first post in this thread for availability.

Love to have you
Posted Image

#194 cartman58

cartman58

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2008 - 01:17 PM

Can you commit to that? Some teams have played 5, 6, or 7 games while others have played only a handful. You'd have to catch up but you're only a few games "behind."

If you can commit, I say you're in. We're playing NFC teams in this league. Who are you interested in? Check the first post in this thread for availability.

Yea, I can commit. Played in an MLB 08 league on CAG and I run one on another forum.

If this thing is still surviving then I'll take Green Bay.

#195 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2008 - 08:57 PM

Yea, I can commit. Played in an MLB 08 league on CAG and I run one on another forum.

If this thing is still surviving then I'll take Green Bay.

Yeah, we're limping along. About half of the games for the season have been played, but some owners are more active than others.

Check your CAG PM for login instruction.

Good luck!
Posted Image

#196 PapiChullo

PapiChullo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2008 - 09:46 PM

I'm finally back. I'll be available tonight if anyone wants to get in some games. Let me know either in PM or on PSN.

PapiChullo.png

#197 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:13 AM

We got some more games to play guys. Pull yourselves away from the shiny new games and let's play some FOOTBALL!!
Posted Image

#198 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2008 - 02:45 PM

Fun game with madam0re last night. I lost (again) but had my first kickoff return for a TD. Bush broke 6 tackles. Of course, the kickoff was right after madam0re had just returned an INT for a TD. 7 INTs in the whole game. 5 by me. I was lucky the game ended up being 17-14. It could've been a lot worse. Of the 4 TDs, only one was by a "regular" offensive play.

Fun nonetheless.

Quick update, The Notorious ROB has dropped. Sounds like he sold his PS3 or something like that. Also, I haven't heard from l1nd and he hasn't been online in over a month. I'll assume he is out. I figure I have to drop them from the league or playoffs won't start. However, I'll wait until all the other games are played to make I *have* to drop them to move on to the playoffs. They were both 1 and 1, so I imagine it may affect some of the other owners' records.

Keep playing! Have fun. I only have 4 more games to play!!!
Posted Image

#199 metrognome

metrognome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2008 - 03:46 AM

Sounds like a few of those that dropped are people I hadn't played yet. I don't know how many games I have left, I know I gotta play Thomaticus.

I'll be on Tuesday night as usual if anyone wants to get a game in, league or non.

#200 CD6405

CD6405

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2008 - 04:19 AM

Hey guys, I'm late to this but if you ever need another member I'll join and I'm very active...plus I'll take any team lol

#201 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2008 - 06:45 AM

Played again tonight against PeKay's Cowboys. Fun game and a close one although I came up on the short end 21-20. Saw more fumbles than INTs for the first time and had another one of those frustrating punt return fumbles for a TD where the kicking team hits you right when the ball comes to the KR player. Oh well, I've benefitted from that one too.

I've played 8 games. There are 12 teams in the league but I expect at least 2 and maybe as many as 4 to drop. They've only played 1 to 3 games so far and haven't played any recently.

For the rest of us . . . Keep Playing!!! We're getting there!
Posted Image

#202 Lexian

Lexian

The Master of Orion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:26 AM

GG Doc, that was one of the weirdest games ever with all the turnovers. I only had one offensive TD all game, your def was pretty frustrating. And yeah, I was waiting for that fair catch for the punt but it never came!

#203 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:04 PM

GG Doc, that was one of the weirdest games ever with all the turnovers. I only had one offensive TD all game, your def was pretty frustrating. And yeah, I was waiting for that fair catch for the punt but it never came!

I think I often panic under the "pressure" of a punt return. I always forget the right faircatch button or at least to RAN AWAY!!

You do have a pretty sweet running game though. I can't run for crap in most cases.

I'm surprised the league and CAG isn't more active with Madden though. It is pretty fun and I'm not even a big football guy.
Posted Image

#204 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:15 PM

Hi all-

CD6405 is joining the league probably as the Cardinals. Hit him up with an invite and challenge him to a league game. Glad to have him.

I think that will be the last new owner that we'll add for this season. I don't want to keep changing the expectations on how many games we'll all need to play. Glad to have CD6405 though as he sounds active and anxious to get going!
Posted Image

#205 CD6405

CD6405

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:12 PM

Hey all, thanks for letting me join and I hope I don't get the crap beat outta me. If anyone is up for a game you can PM me on here, or PM me on PSN. My ID is CD6405.

#206 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2008 - 02:23 PM

Hey all, thanks for letting me join and I hope I don't get the crap beat outta me. If anyone is up for a game you can PM me on here, or PM me on PSN. My ID is CD6405.

Yeah, guys CD6405 is in now and off to a roaring 5-0 start!

This proves two things, 1) It isn't too hard to get some games in if you really, really try like CD has. He played five games in about a week. More than some owners have played in 3-4 months. 2) Somebody better stop him or he is going to walk away with this thing!

Good luck :)
Posted Image

#207 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2008 - 02:31 PM

Bad new from the AFC guys. I got this message from primetime tho other day:

"Yeah, I think the AFC is toast. There's just not enough interest anymore. I'm really sorry it happened this way, but I really wish you guys good luck."

So it looks like we're playing for the whole enchilada here in the NFC. I've got two more games to play and I'll be done (at 2-7 right now I don't think I'll make it to the playoffs :)). Keep playing and get your games in.

I think we're closer to having a champion than we realize.
Posted Image

#208 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2008 - 04:33 PM

League Owners -

Please make sure you check your CAG PM inbox for a league update message. Too lengthy to post here.

Dr. SP
Posted Image