Madden 09 league-AFC conference thread *FRESH START*

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#31 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

Yo, check the fresh flava

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:44 AM

Yah I got that too although it wasn't as bad with my first game. I believe they are going to try and release a patch to fix some of these issues in the next couple of weeks.

There's a post over in the NFC thread about the fixes they are working on. It is pretty lengthy so I won't copy it here, but go check it out if you're interested.

I haven't had the problems that the earlier poster described. The only delay I'm seeing is during the kick mechanism (kickoffs, field goals, punts). The way he describes it, it does sound unplayable. I hope those issues are resolved.
Posted Image

#32 funkmasterdb

funkmasterdb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:14 PM

I was getting those button lag issues when I had my bluetooth headset connected...turned off the headset and the lag seemed to go away. Might have been a coincidence...I have a different headset I want to try and see if the same thing happens.

#33 AdvOfJet

AdvOfJet

Brotherhood of Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2008 - 02:13 PM

I was getting those button lag issues when I had my bluetooth headset connected...turned off the headset and the lag seemed to go away. Might have been a coincidence...I have a different headset I want to try and see if the same thing happens.

I didn't have my headset turned on at the time so I don't think that was my issue. It seemed to dissipate later on in the game which leads me to believe that it definitely has something to do with the servers on the EA side.
Posted Image

#34 js1

js1

Badassfully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:56 AM

I'm thinking of putting fred taylor on the trading block. I would prefer a WR, tight end or perhaps a MLB, so I can use a 3-4 defense. Hit me up either on PSN or here at CAG if interested. Perhaps there is a way we can do more than a one player trade...

bump

Gamertags:

PSN: Ghost_Face_36

XBL:  Gh0st Face 36

Twitch: 

Spoiler

#35 Furashu

Furashu

CAG Mercenary

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:15 PM

wow i just had the worst lost to chokes yesterday.
chargers vs texans and i lost 21-23 i was stopping him most of the day.
on a first down conversion antonio gates miraculously fumbles and hes on the 10 in his own redzone.

to take the lead 21-13 i pass it to buster davis and hes on the five and i get the first down. and buster davis fumbles. still a 14-13 game he goes down the field scores a fg.

wow i was pretty mad after the game lol.

all fun though.
Trade on GOOZEX and get $1 trade credit + a free 100 pt game!
http://www.goozex.co...r=6111658335991

PSN : Dunkindoanuts

#36 js1

js1

Badassfully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:04 PM

Any takers on a trade for fred taylor?

Gamertags:

Twitch: 

Spoiler

#37 js1

js1

Badassfully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:06 PM

I should be on tonight around 11pm or 12am EST.

Gamertags:

Twitch: 

Spoiler

#38 primetime

primetime

What time is it?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 01:55 AM

Colts are open! First to post in this thread or PM me claims them!!!
Posted Image

#39 pinoyunggoy

pinoyunggoy

GO CHARGERS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 02:26 AM

would love to take the colts if i'm allowed to be in 2 leagues at the same time like js1 suggested in the nfc thread. is that possible?

#40 primetime

primetime

What time is it?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 04:19 AM

would love to take the colts if i'm allowed to be in 2 leagues at the same time like js1 suggested in the nfc thread. is that possible?

I'll talk to Dr. SP. In the meantime, someone else can post.

If it's OK though, we'll give them to pinoy.
Posted Image

#41 landshrk83

landshrk83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 03:45 PM

As an Indianapolis fanatic, I'd love to take the Colts! I'm not playing in the other league.

Edited by landshrk83, 30 August 2008 - 04:40 PM.

#42 primetime

primetime

What time is it?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 05:19 PM

As an Indianapolis fanatic, I'd love to take the Colts! I'm not playing in the other league.

Sorry pinoy, I think we're gonna give it to him.
Posted Image

#43 landshrk83

landshrk83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2008 - 05:58 PM

Great, I'm in and signed up. I can play a game or two one night this weekend, feel free to add me to friend lists and invite me to a game if you see me on.

#44 samurai-hon

samurai-hon

Posted 31 August 2008 - 07:52 PM

2-0 baby, Who Dey!!!

But I do need a high draft pick so maybe I should start losing.

Question, how does the end of season draft work for leagues?

#45 primetime

primetime

What time is it?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2008 - 08:30 PM

2-0 baby, Who Dey!!!

We Dey! :D I should be on this evening.

There's no end of season draft. This is just like single season mode.
Posted Image

#46 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2008 - 08:32 PM

2-0 baby, Who Dey!!!

I don't think it does. Madden 09 leagues would be more accurately described as a tournament. You can have a "fantasy" draft at the beginning, but once the season is over, the playoffs begin and once those end I think the league is over.

It isn't as realistic as we would want or as, I believe, EA lead us to believe.
Posted Image

#47 AdvOfJet

AdvOfJet

Brotherhood of Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:16 PM

Is there any way through Madden to see if anyone from the league is on or do I need to add everyone in the league as friends?
Posted Image

#48 primetime

primetime

What time is it?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:18 PM

Is there any way through Madden to see if anyone from the league is on or do I need to add everyone in the league as friends?

Go to league standings and there is a column that tells you who is online.
Posted Image

#49 Dr. Strangepork

Dr. Strangepork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:24 PM

No they don't need to be your friend, but I think it helps.

Either way, when you're in madden, go to Online -> Online Leagues -> My Leagues

Once you're into your league check League Standings (or something like that). It will show everyone in your league with their win/loss record, the team they are using etc. If you scroll all the way over to the right, you'll see a circle. If that circle has a check that means they are online.

Another, (and better IMHO) method: Click R3 in the standings page. This will bring up your message center. Use L2 to scroll to your address book. Then us R2 to scroll to your league's members. This is better b/c it will tell you not only if they are online, but if they are playing Madden and what in Madden they are doing (Franchise, online game, front end, etc). If you see someone who isn't in an online game already, hit 'em up with a league game invite!

I've also found that it is best if you let someone know that you are inviting them through the PSN messaging. If just seems to do a better job of getting their attention than just inviting through Madden.

Hope that helps. Have fun!
Posted Image

#50 js1

js1

Badassfully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:13 AM

I'll be on tonight 11 or 12 EST.

Also IS ANYONE interested in trading for Fred Taylor? I am looking for a good WR! What about you samurai-hon? You could use a RB, you could give up maybe TJ, or C. Johnson.... We could wheel and deal!

Gamertags:

Twitch: 

Spoiler

#51 js1

js1

Badassfully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2008 - 03:37 AM

I'm on if anyone wants to play.

Gamertags:

Twitch: 

Spoiler

#52 primetime

primetime

What time is it?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2008 - 04:04 AM

GG Bills
Posted Image

#53 samurai-hon

samurai-hon

Posted 01 September 2008 - 04:15 PM

I'll be on tonight 11 or 12 EST.

Also IS ANYONE interested in trading for Fred Taylor? I am looking for a good WR! What about you samurai-hon? You could use a RB, you could give up maybe TJ, or C. Johnson.... We could wheel and deal!

Nah. Maybe Andre Caldwell who usually ends up having more receiving yards than the other two out of the slow (97 speed?). But TJ and Chad aren't on the market. I do pretty well with Chris Perry who I think will have a big year this season.

#54 js1

js1

Badassfully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2008 - 03:13 AM

i'm on if anyone wants to play

Gamertags:

Twitch: 

Spoiler

#55 funkmasterdb

funkmasterdb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2008 - 02:25 PM

Been a bit busy over the past week or so, and have only popped online a couple of times when no one else in the league was on.

I should be on this evening if anyone is up for a game, probably somewhere in the 7-10pm Eastern range. :D

#56 galvatron2k1

galvatron2k1

I'm Broke Bitch!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2008 - 02:30 AM

That was the worst... Played my first league game against chokes and was winning 28-7 when he fumbled. He challenged the play and after the review, the game just disconnected. I forgot how much I hate EA's online system. Didn't somebody say there was a patch coming out?

#57 dopehat

dopehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:34 AM

That was the worst... Played my first league game against chokes and was winning 28-7 when he fumbled. He challenged the play and after the review, the game just disconnected. I forgot how much I hate EA's online system. Didn't somebody say there was a patch coming out?

in about 1 more week

#58 metrognome

metrognome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:07 AM

In the NFC thread I posted a newsletter from a Madden strategy site that I received detailing a new patch that was in the works, but I don't know when we'll be seeing that. I can confirm as well that challenges are giving disconnects pretty consistently in online and league games. Player Injuries have also triggered them for me. It sucks but hopefully they'll patch it soon.

#59 primetime

primetime

What time is it?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2008 - 05:31 AM

Guys, I know this league might take a few months, but try to get in games as often as possible. Try to coordinate using this thread.

For example, I should be on late Friday night, around 11-12 central.
Posted Image

#60 funkmasterdb

funkmasterdb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2008 - 01:51 PM

I seem to keep missing people. I'm usually on, but not very late, somewhere between 8-10pm EST is usually my sweet spot during the week. Fridays aren't usually good for me, Saturdays I can usually get in a morning game, and Sunday nights I'm usually free as well.