does anybody play Diablo 2 LOD?

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']i need new people to play with. Open B.net is a bunch of assholes.[/quote]

Most open B.net users are cheaters & dupers. Assholes also run rampant on Bnet not just the open Bnet :?

[quote name='FlipSide'][quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']i need new people to play with. Open B.net is a bunch of assholes.[/quote]

Most open B.net users are cheaters & dupers. Assholes also run rampant on Bnet not just the open Bnet :?[/quote]

thats true, but not so much on ladder. at least, to my experience.

1.1 imo stinks...
increasing difficulty and unbeefing character stuff.

i stopped when I found out my hexes dissapeared... been playing for 2+ years

I've been playing LOD again on b.net after a long hiatus. The only character I have right now is a lvl 19 necro. I usually play on East, character and account name the same as the one here: KrazyKefka
I've also been playing The Frozen Throne with one of my friends who lives down the hall. Usually in Azeroth (East) as KefkaTheHammer.

If anyone's interesting in playing, getting a game together, etc. let me know, shoot me a PM, whatever.

I still play LOD every once in a while, but I have the same problem-no one to play with but the losers on open bnet. Ladder's slightly better, but not much. I play on east coast-I'm up for a game most nights. -Maybe PM me too if a game is going or something?

I play rarely, on US WEST LADDER, names NatureTenkos, PM me sometime if im on, im a level 48 druid (havent played in very long time).

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']i need new people to play with. Open B.net is a bunch of assholes.[/quote]

Hahaha, i always do closed. I hate hackers, they ruin the game.

1.10 ruined Act 5. Only Starcraft 2 can repair this injustice! You hear me Blizzard!? STARCRAFT 2!

I couldn't bring myself to keep playing in Act 5 with all the lame uber-strong Fetishes and Hellcats spawning in my favorite areas! The bloody foothills very rarely spawned with the normal cast of characters that I enjoyed killing so much pre-1.1. STARCRAFT 2 I SAY!

I play on USEast Ladder. I have a level 78 sorceress and a couple of mules at the moment. Same account name and character name *dustyeff and dustyeff... if you wanna play, look me up. I'm usually on there after work (after 5 pm weekdays) or randomly during the weekends. So far my guy's only in act 2 of hell though.

I couldn't bring myself to keep playing in Act 5 with all the lame uber-strong Fetishes and Hellcats spawning in my favorite areas! The bloody foothills very rarely spawned with the normal cast of characters that I enjoyed killing so much pre-1.1
I totally agree, by the way. When I used to play single player, my assassin solely leveled on these guys in nightmare for about 13 levels. Then again, I think that's why they changed it. Ah well.

It was all death maulers and enslaved, except for Dac Farren and his demon imp crew in the middle of the area. Easy, easy exp, it used to be. Heh

Even if they lowered the EXP for the foothills, I wouldnt have cared if they kept the maulers and enslaved where they are supposed to be. You don't see the Rakanishu things spawning instead of fetishes in Act 3 do you? NO! Why did they have to change the spawn in Act 5. The bastards. All that was left to us with which to level up was Baal runs, and those are about as interesting as a deaf-mute trying to tell you about how the concert was last night.

I'm still pissed they screwed over magic find, that was the whole point of playing the game for me, finding cool stuff, then they made that exrtremely difficult. Screwing up telekineses for the Sorceress also pissed me off, made it next to impossible to get any decent items if you partied. I had been playing Diablo II since the day it came out and I finally quit right before 1.10 patch, I may give it another go on the US West ladder in the near future.

How did they 'screw over' magic find? And besides, I think I like the idea of rare, high-level uniques actually being RARE. It's much cooler to find them then.

They nerfed the hell out of magic find, like I said, it's been awhile since I played so I'm way out of the scene and I no longer remember exactly what the old magic find formula was vs. the new one. Rare high level uniques were still hard to find, arg it's really hard for me to explain without all the articles I used to have on it, but basically magic find helped you find more uniques and more rares and if you had a lot of magic find it made a big difference. They killed its effectiveness so it no longer made much of a difference. Also it was still very difficult to solo in Hell with all magic find gear on (since that was where most of the good uniques dropped), and also very difficult to get the ultra rare uniques even with high magic find. It just made it a little more fun IMHO, you can only play so long without getting good stuff and stay interested.

EDIT: if you're interested I can try and look for some of the old articles on magic find?

Nah, don't worry about it. I understand what you mean; I just don't particularly like magic find anyway. Maybe it's because I've never actually BEATEN the game on hell diff. Heh.

[quote name='dustyeff']Nah, don't worry about it. I understand what you mean; I just don't particularly like magic find anyway. Maybe it's because I've never actually BEATEN the game on hell diff. Heh.[/quote]

Ah, I have to admit I was firmly on the "cookie cutter" side of character creation, I'd spend a lot of time figuring out exactly what the best skills for each character were to be able to solo full hell games. If you still play let me know, I may be due to read up on all the new changes and start a new ladder character.

I've been playing LOD quite a bit recently. Since my last message, my necro is up to level 56 on Act 4 Nightmare. I've mainly concentrated on summoning, with a little bit of curse mixed in (good old Iron Maiden). I've been blazing through Nightmare pretty well this time through, though Diablo will probably present quite a challenge. Anyways, if anyone's still interested in playing, let me know. PM me or message me on battle.net - the account name & character name are the same: KrazyKefka.

bread's done
Back