The "LinkinPrime has a complimentary first-run theater at his workplace" OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojimbo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
[quote name='LinkinPrime']As long as I'm finishing my work and get no complaints from clients, its all good. They don't micro-manage us here. My co-workers watch movies on the job. I saw Street Kings a couple days ago, and I saw half of Pineapple Express yesterday :cool:[/quote]Dang, that must be a sick-ass benefit. They must offer a pretty generous 401K plan too, right?

Playing MGS:pO, I kinda feel like I just don't like the style, but I also feel like I might make it more if it were a little larger and nicer looking. :whistle2:k

[quote name='JMEPO']The world may never know...[/QUOTE]

tootsie_pop.jpg

Except we'd never get new mods that don't share Cheapy's views on how the site should be run, and the current mods will never be demoted.

Not to pile on here but why is everyone being punished every time one or two (or three) people have bad posts. What's the point of the infraction system if this is how it's gonna be?

[quote name='Rocko']Except we'd never get new mods that don't share Cheapy's views on how the site should be run, and the current mods will never be demoted.[/QUOTE]

In other words, none of us will ever be mods.

Really, I'd be happy if we stopped going to fucking DEFCON 1 every time something possibly illegal might have been mentioned. It pops up in other threads and in blog posts, but the OTT is usually the only one that gets nuked from orbit if it shows up here.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Our 401K isn't that great, they match our contribution as much as 6% per paycheck...it could be better.[/QUOTE]

my company only matches 3%.... but I don't even have a 401k set up, so meh.

[quote name='Rocko']Except we'd never get new mods that don't share Cheapy's views on how the site should be run, and the current mods will never be demoted.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I pushed it out of my head as nonsense. :/

@Mak: You need to realize that rational thinking doesn't fly with mods in regards to the OTT.

[quote name='Maklershed']Not to pile on here but why is everyone being punished every time one or two (or three) people have bad posts. What's the point of the infraction system if this is how it's gonna be?[/QUOTE]

As much as I'd like that idea, it'd probably also result in a fuckton of OTT posters being banned, since nobody's picked up on the fact that continually bringing it up is a bad idea.

GW: this outburst was brought up because a completely fair post of mine and Mojimbo's were deleted because the mods always put everything we ever post into piracy context.

The next OTT should be "The PirOTT Bay." :whistle2:k

[quote name='Moxio']GW: this outburst was brought up because a completely fair post of mine and Mojimbo's were deleted because the mods always put everything we ever post into piracy context.[/QUOTE]

In that case, the infraction idea is an even worse one - you guys don't need to be banned for shit like that.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']In other words, none of us will ever be mods.

Really, I'd be happy if we stopped going to fucking DEFCON 1 every time something possibly illegal might have been mentioned. It pops up in other threads and in blog posts, but the OTT is usually the only one that gets nuked from orbit if it shows up here.[/quote]

Everything that involves illegal activity gets nuked as we see it, the thing is that the OTT has mods as regulars so we catch it on the spot instead of happening to run accross it or going through the users reported posts.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']In other words, none of us will ever be mods.

Really, I'd be happy if we stopped going to fucking DEFCON 1 every time something possibly illegal might have been mentioned. It pops up in other threads and in blog posts, but the OTT is usually the only one that gets nuked from orbit if it shows up here.[/quote]

See, the walrus gets it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Everything that involves illegal activity gets nuked as we see it, the thing is that the OTT has mods as regulars so we catch it on the spot instead of happening to run accross it or going through the users reported posts.[/QUOTE]

We're also the only ones that get in trouble if it's a vague allusion or something that might be suggestive, instead of something more blatant like "Which ----- ---- is best for my DS?"

Any explanation for that?

[quote name='Moxio']GW: this outburst was brought up because a completely fair post of mine and Mojimbo's were deleted because the mods always put everything we ever post into piracy context.[/quote]

Why it may seem like that to us, its better to be safe then sorry. Its better to delete a post here or there, or infract somoene, over the complete obliteration of the OTT. We all like it here, for better or worse. Personally, Wubb, Casey, and I (maybe more) would not like it shut down, so we have to follow the rules. We are just messengers, I could give a rats ass about the piracy talk here, but I did accept the mod title and Cheapy does steer us into how he wants his site modded.

[quote name='Moxio']Why shouldn't we go to "fucking DEFCON 1" if fair posts are being deleted?[/QUOTE]

I actually meant the mods. Isn't deleting a 300 or 400 post thread because of a handful of posts just a bit of an overreaction?

Delete the posts. You've done it in the past, and will continue to do it. Getting rid of 10 or 20 posts and letting us bitch about it is a better option, isn't it?

I don't understand, like Mak said, why, if you must crack down on such vague posts, you delete the damn OTT, especially after you delete all the offending posts and infract people.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']We're also the only ones that get in trouble if it's a vague allusion or something that might be suggestive, instead of something more blatant like "Which ----- ---- is best for my DS?"

Any explanation for that?[/quote]

We are cracking down on all forums, we dumped like 30-40 threads in the PSP forum, check out the notice thats stickied...the DS forum is next.

[quote name='Moxio']Why shouldn't we go to "fucking DEFCON 1" if fair posts are being deleted?[/quote]

Answer: Because "fair" is subjective.

Our "fair" =! their "fair".

Simple.

Here's a solution: What if we as OTTers just didn't call attention to the fact that something was deleted? We all know that when something gets deleted it happens for a reason. We can be coy and pretend that it was on the up and up but we all know the score. So if we don't call attention to the deleted post and just move on .. then no attention is being brought to the OTT.

Of course this solution goes tandem with mods just deleting the offending post / infracting the offending poster and letting the system work on its own.

[quote name='marten']Answer: Because "fair" is subjective.

Simple.[/QUOTE]

I love this place. :cool:

[quote name='marten']Answer: Because "fair" is subjective.

Simple.[/quote]

True, but its not fair to say "their"...we all have our subjective opinions on what's good and what's not but we (mods) are bound by CAG "law"

I don't get why you decided to ban all discussion of Custom Firmware on the PSP when it's not even an illegal thing- hell, there was even a thread made saying "what can I do on CFW besides pirate games" or something to that degree.

[quote name='Maklershed']Here's a solution: What if we as OTTers just didn't call attention to the fact that something was deleted? We all know that when something gets deleted it happens for a reason. We can be coy and pretend that it was on the up and up but we all know the score. So if we don't call attention to the deleted post and just move on .. then no attention is being brought to the OTT.

Of course this solution goes tandem with mods just deleting the offending post / infracting the offending poster and letting the system work on its own.[/quote]
Yes.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']True, but its not fair to say "their"...we all have our subjective opinions on what's good and what's not but we (mods) are bound by CAG "law"[/quote]

Our = Everyone but the "fuzz".

Their = The "fuzz", not limited to the bald one, the oldest man alive, and stretching all the way down to the penguin.

Better? ;)

[quote name='Maklershed']Here's a solution: What if we as OTTers just didn't call attention to the fact that something was deleted? We all know that when something gets deleted it happens for a reason. We can be coy and pretend that it was on the up and up but we all know the score. So if we don't call attention to the deleted post and just move on .. then no attention is being brought to the OTT.

Of course this solution goes tandem with mods just deleting the offending post / infracting the offending poster and letting the system work on its own.[/QUOTE]

That would make sense, yes, but that would require us agreeing not to pull that shit. That said, I don't think that anyone here is surprised that deleting a thread that's already well in progress because of only slight provocation gets a reaction...again.

I'd say that the one or two page discussion that happens every time that a thread is nuked isn't necessary, but this one is probably more productive than the usual bitching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back