Blu-ray Discussion Thread - The One and Only

• Please log in to reply
3250 replies to this topic

#3181 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:05 PM

The pic of the box the set comes in looks like it should include a Watchmen Monopoly or Shoot and Ladders board game.

Think I'll just keep the UC BD set I got as I like that packaging better.

I was going to say it looks like a box for a licensed Watchmen version of Clue.

Silk Spectre did it in the Owlship with the bone.

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#3182 Deadpool

Deadpool

I club baby seals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

I love Watchmen, but I just didn't think splicing in the Black Freighter stuff would add anything to the movie (honestly, I didn't think it added much to the graphic novel). Am I wrong?

^ my thoughts exactly.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3183 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:30 PM

Silk Spectre did it in the Owlship with the bone.

:applause:
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#3184 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:24 AM

Is there an actual reason the first few seasons of The Office isn't out on Blu? Or is it just something they're waiting on until they can exclusively (for a while, at least) shove them in an overpriced "complete series" set next year?
Posted Image

#3185 fmwross2

fmwross2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

I didn't see a "recent haul" type thread, so I guess it's ok to post in this general one?

$5.99 Amadeus Digibook
$7.99 Godfather Collection

http://cameroid.com/i/UE6CM-A1
http://cameroid.com/i/UE6C4-A1

#3186 Outlaw1986

Outlaw1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

Did anybody see a deal on the Star Wars saga on blu ray maybe for Black Friday?

#3187 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

Disappointing there are no BF sales on the Bond collection and the Indy collection

#3188 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

Disappointing there are no BF sales on the Bond collection and the Indy collection

Bond is $129 at Best Buy and Indy is $49.99 at most places

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3189 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:46 AM

Geez, I didn't even realize Power Rangers Super Samurai was being released on the 4th. Release snuck up on me. Kinda strange that the first half wasn't released in a set...

#3190 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

I recently heard that some of the Studio Ghibli films are finally being put on Blu-ray. Does anyone know which ones are currently available/what the future releases are going to be?

I know that Nausicaa and Ponyo have been around for a while and that Castle in the Sky's coming out next month, but I'd kill for some of the others (not that there's a single bad film in the bunch).

Well in the UK we currently have:

Ponyo
Arrietty
Totoro
Tales From Earthsea
Howl's Moving Castle
Whisper Of The Heart
My Neighbours The Yamadas
Laputa: Castle In The Sky
Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind

So if you have a multi region player you could import?

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#3191 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

I was just looking up my old Star Wars DVD set and was quite surprised to see similar sets going for almost the same price as the Blu Ray set is worth. Any idea why? I'm thinking about dumping it onto eBay and picking up the blu Ray set in a year or two whenever it's on the cheap.
http://www.ebay.com/...3_all_qqq_20110

#3192 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:10 AM

I was just looking up my old Star Wars DVD set and was quite surprised to see similar sets going for almost the same price as the Blu Ray set is worth. Any idea why? I'm thinking about dumping it onto eBay and picking up the blu Ray set in a year or two whenever it's on the cheap.
http://www.ebay.com/...3_all_qqq_20110

Are they the non-Lucas raped editions? Probably why.

#3193 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:27 AM

Are they the non-Lucas raped editions? Probably why.

There are some changes on it. Found this:

http://www.gosale.co...logy-widescreen
What's Been Changed
The rumors are true: Lucas made more changes to the films for their DVD debut. Hayden Christensen (Anakin Skywalker) has been added to a scene in Jedi, Ian McDiarmid (the Emperor) replaces Clive Revill with slightly revised lines in Empire, Temuera Morrison has rerecorded Boba Fett's minimal dialogue, and some other small details have been altered. Yes, these changes mean that the Star Wars films are no longer the ones you saw 20 years ago, but these brief changes hardly affect the films, and they do make sense in the overall continuity of the two trilogies. It's not like a digitized Ewan McGregor has replaced Alec Guiness's scenes, and the infamous changes made for the 1997 special-edition versions were much more intrusive (of course, those are in the DVD versions as well).

#3194 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:44 AM

Picked up Power Rangers Super Samurai, and it had an interesting feature. When you hit "Play All Episodes" and finish with that disc, it promps you to put in the next disc and it continues from there without dealing with the menu screen. Granted, I don't have many TV shows on Blu-ray, but I haven't seen this feature before.

On the bad side, two if the episodes are squished into fullscreen and the annoying intro from the Nick airings is on every episode

#3195 Deadpool

Deadpool

I club baby seals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

Everyone please buy Dredd. That is all.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3196 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:24 AM

I just saw that Lemony Snicket was playing on TBS. I was surprised to see that it never got a US/UK release. It would be nice if Paramount would rectify this.

Now playing (& watching):
:dvd:-Robot Chicken season 4

:dvd:-Blade Anime
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#3197 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:34 AM

I just saw that Lemony Snicket was playing on TBS. I was surprised to see that it never got a US/UK release. It would be nice if Paramount would rectify this.

I find it weird how they do some of these releases, pisses me off that screen archive's fucks everything up on their horror titles, is to hard to limit one per person.

#3198 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:40 AM

Anybody have any information on Aladdin? I saw a blu ray rip pop up on an undisclosed site and I'm assuming it might be close to release? I tried googling and I saw on Bluray.com it only shows up for Spring 2013 but nobody seems to have a definite date for it?
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#3199 xian37

xian37

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:23 AM

what other movies in 2012 are available in blu ray?

#3200 dchuck

dchuck

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

what other movies in 2012 are available in blu ray?

Nobody answered? same question here

#3201 Navex

Navex

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

Didn't want to start a topic for just two deals but I noticed when I was in Dollar General today they had some Blu-Rays there. They had the common ones that's just a disc and sleeve but they also had some that were complete with the case for $6.95. Only ones I can remember were Iron Man 2, The Dark Knight and one of the Twilight movies.

#3202 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:42 AM

Anyone know if Batman Year Two is Coming out i just watch Year One

#3203 Petey Parker

Petey Parker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:55 PM

Anyone know if Batman Year Two is Coming out i just watch Year One

I doubt it will come out. Year Two never came anywhere close to the popularity of Year One.

The next Batman one is Son Of Batman, which is the storyline with the new Robin and then there is an Arkham one coming which is based in the video game universe for Arkham Asylum.

#3204 FEN1XD0WN

FEN1XD0WN

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:53 PM

anyone remember what the price usually is for new release blu-ray tv show seasons? or at least remember what the last season of spartacus went for? with the last season coming out on september third im hoping best buy has it for cheap on its first week out but im not sure. and amazon has it for a preorder price of $34.96 instead of its regular retail price of $59.99. so im just hoping best buy will have it on sale...

#3205 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:09 PM

Most new release Blu-ray TV season sets go for $30-$45.

#3206 FEN1XD0WN

FEN1XD0WN

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:06 PM

yeah i remember buying the last season for either $30 or $35 when it first came out, plus i have a $5 dollar reward zone certificate i need to use soon.

#3207 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:08 AM

Anyone heard of a Burbs blu ray release?  Its one of my all time favorites and its no where to be seen.  Am I the only one who has seen this hidden treasure?

Posted Image

#3208 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:49 PM

Anyone heard of a Burbs blu ray release? Its one of my all time favorites and its no where to be seen. Am I the only one who has seen this hidden treasure?

Nope. Great movie. There's quite a few semi-popular movies still without blu treatment.

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#3209 JW1023

JW1023

The Cookie Monster!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:46 AM

Best retailer to buy Star Trek: Into Darkness from?

Walmart's got steelbook + hot wheels replica for $30, while Target has a different cover + bonus features for $20. Same price at Walmart and Amazon, just regular'd out.

Not sure about other retailers.

#3210 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

Pardon my copypasta, just desperate for some help on this subject:

http://www.cheapassg...vidual-release/

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist